2000 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 807 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

Bst car i ever bought

By on Thursday, October 06, 2011

Pros: "storage and front seat room"

Cons: "power lacks in the basic 1.8 model"

"I bought this 05 Sentra 1.8 ( no "s" yes its a bottom feeder.) in 07 with only eight thousand miles on it. since buying it it has been very reliable and dependable. only mechanical work done to it is oil changes, ( don't burn a drop ) battery, brake pads, wheels and tires, and a changing of the spark plugs. The car is a little under powered, but it is what it is. I find it has lots of storage places for everything from cd's to flash drives for my stereo. Interior is very good. but the fabric for the seats holds a lot of sand. its a great little car for a family with kids old enough to get in and out bu themselves."

Only 90K - and my transmission is fried

By on Monday, August 01, 2011

Pros: "Great price, good gas mileage"

Cons: "starting, transmission issues"

"I loved this car - it was practically brand new when I bought it at 16K; I've had it for just about 5 years. I think I've taken really good care of it - oil, grease and filter every 3-4,000 miles and it's periodic services every 30,000 miles. I don't understand how a car with only 90,500 miles has transmission issues. I've flushed the transmission, new fluid and an additive, and it didn't work. Other than the transmission, starter, battery and a wheel barring, I haven't had any other issues. I am so not ready to pump $3,000 into this car, but I really don't have a choice since I still have about 18 months left on the loan. My warranty ran 15K miles ago, so I am screwed. I reached out to Nissan, but they told me I had to take it to a Nissan dealership to have it officially diagnosed before they'd review my case for financial assistance. I am not taking it to a dealer, because their expenses are far more than a private mechanic."

best car I've ever owned

By on Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Bought my 2004 Sentra 2.5l new in 2004 and I can't say anything bad about it. It just keeps chugging along. I've got 140k miles on it so far and, aside from the things that we all know need to be replaced after time (belts, hoses, breaks, tires etc..) I've only had to replace 2 sensors. I don't drive the car hard and it's been nothing but a champ for me. I'd certainly buy another one and recommend them to friends."

Love my Sentra

By on Monday, May 23, 2011

"I've had my 2006 Sentra for over 2 years now. Got it at 40,000- have about 63k on it now. Very small amount of maintenance, and overall a very reliable car. It's nice to go to the car shop for regular maintenance and not have them tell you you have a ton of problems you didn't know about. Be good to it and it will be good to you! Before this one, a friend had donated her 1991 Sentra to me and even though it was old and beaten up, it was a good car- ran it up to 189,000 before some of my friends and I killed it in a backyard derby after I got the '06. That one lasted so long, that when I was looking for a newer car, I got another Sentra. One piece of criticism though- a corner of my bumper comes loose every now and then and I have to pop it back in place."

120,000 miles and going strong

By on Tuesday, February 08, 2011

"Bought a new 2002 GXE for $12,000 in 2002. Took it on long trips (1000+ miles) in good comfort. The only things I've had to fix/replace are a belt ($150), the radio ($200), the battery ($80 after 8 years) and have the driver side window adhesive repaired ($100). Not bad for 9 years of use. Do basic maintainence and you'll be well served. It looks good and has decent comfort, good MPG (25 city, 30 highway), good handling, good speakers, and turning radius. Kids think it's a "new car" because of it's styling. My only complaint is that it has slow acceleration and not much leg room in the back seat. I'm on cheap PLPD insurance now and overall this car cost me less than $2000 a year for gas, maintainence, and insurance. That saves a lot of cash for having fun. I'll drive it until it dies."

Extrenmely Reliable Vechile

By on Sunday, January 30, 2011

"I have had ths car since 06 its an 01 it has never given me a problem. it has 170k miles on it right now all i do is change the engine oil every 3000 miles miles and thats it i stronlgy suggest this vechile it gets very very good gas milage."

By on Wednesday, May 12, 2010

"Overall its a great car. The two things that bother me is the lack of cup holders. And the cup holders near the shifter for the automatic trans. are in a very odd place. Also the seats are not the best for a long road trip."

decent

By on Monday, April 12, 2010

"It's reliable enough that I would trust it to drive across the country but my back would be killing me and I'd be going crazy from the lack of leg room and weak engine. You get what you pay for."

By on Thursday, April 01, 2010

"I understand that this particular year and model has had reliability issues, but I have not had any major issues since I bought it. I bought it used in '05 with 36k mi on it for $10K. Other than routine maintenance, I've only had to change the crank sensors. The build quality on the interior could be better and the road noise is bad. Performance is great for the money and it has been a fun car over the years. After driving underpowered hondas and toyotas in the past, this car has made me a nissan guy."

2004 1.8s

By on Thursday, February 25, 2010

"bought new. now have only 40k on it. Heavy deep road noise. Doors poorly fitted, sounds like a window partly open. No major expensive problems to this point. CD stopped working after 2 years. Radio left side amp died 4 years. Intermittent starting problem (if it doesn't start instantly, shut off key, wait a few sec, try again). Seats comfortable compared to other cars in price class. 28mpg mostly 35-60mph driving. Terrible transmission filter mounting, one long bolt has unreachable nut inside housing so you have one bolt left out, and a nut you hope doesn't find it's way into something. Nissan claims: "filter never needs to be changed", no warning pops up on parts screen though when you buy one. Also gas filter embedded in gas tank, and can't be replaced, hope you never get dirt in from a bad station pump, have to replace the whole tank."

Solid Ride

By on Sunday, December 06, 2009

"There's not much I have to complain about. I got this car 3 years ago, and it still has the giddy up I remember from the beginning. I got a flat tire one time and bent the rim holding the tire...The dealer quoted me almost $700, but I found a local car guy to get it for half that. Other than that, I haven't had any issues. I got wider tires when I needed new ones so I could get a little more friction on the road. Hope I was helpful."

Luv this car!

By on Friday, August 14, 2009

"well I am the 2nd owner of the car. Great handling except for the turning radius hate doing the 3 point trn. Anyways...This car is quick i always lose track of how fast im goin. I look down nd im goin 60 in a 40 mph street. Like the black color with grey leather mix well. I kinda dnt like the hard plastics feels very cheap to me nd can easy crack. like the upgraded engine displacement for the 2.5 liter nissan altima engine.. Like how its compact and no trouble parking. For the most part someone who wants a small economical sporty car would like it. Nissan makes reliable 4 cylinder cars. Sadly I am selling mine right now bcuz i need money. I will miss this car. So much fun to drive."

GREAT CAR

By on Tuesday, May 26, 2009

"This is a great car.really good in gas and decent in winter.no complains.My is 06 sentra."

Spec V

By on Monday, April 06, 2009

"This has been an excellent vehicle to this point. I purchased it used in late 2006 with only 18,000 miles on it. Since then I've put over 25,000 more on it and it's ran great the entire time. There are a few features to this vehicle that it takes a while to get used to. Torque steer being one of those. However, the power and control this car provides for the price is unmatched. I would highly recommend this vehicle if you are looking for something fun to drive. With snow tires it also handles suprisingly well in the snow."

Less $ & Quality

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Bought 2003 Sentra GXE with 24K miles from school teacher in Feb. 2006. Sold it May 2007 with 33K miles on it. Many parts on the Sentra are low quality & fail. The fuel pump failed @ 10K miles & dealer replaced N/C. The cables or controls for HVAC did not operate correctly & dealer replaced @ N/C. After I bought Sentra the AC could not cool car above 85 degrees outside. Turned out to be defective expansion valve, but mechanic thought issue was AC compressor, as there is no diagnostics for AC. Not covered by engine 5 year/50K waranty. Cost $500. The CD player sometimes won't play & says error. Next time car is started CD player works. Then error happens again. ------------------ Engine & Trans were good. Sentra is a gamble. If you can buy used on the cheap, then maybe worth putting up with probable defective parts. It's not a Honda Civic, but costs less."

By on Saturday, December 27, 2008

Reliable and Nice

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2008

"I've had this car since 2005, pre-owned with 10,000 miles. I've had a lot of road trips, and now I have 110,000 miles on it. I like this car. The transmission is slow to shift when you're revving and merging onto a highway. And you need to lighten up on the acceleration for it to shift into the right gear when going up hills. The seats aren't that comfortable for long rides either. But other than that, I think this is a great, reliable car that has served me well."

05 Sentra 1.8S Special automatic

By on Thursday, October 02, 2008

"This is a small economy car, not an expensive luxury car so you get what you pay for with this car...I've had very good luck with my Sentra. Gets good mileage at about 25 to 28 in town. (1.8S/automatic)... I used to have a 1999 Sentra, and the 2005 is vastly improved.....Has enough power to get around easily. Engine is very durable and clean running...Good in the snow with the front wheel drive...Could have more room in back seat, but it's suppose to be a small car!.. All the electrical components have worked with out problems...I like the way it drives, very tight handling, and good brakes..Overall the quality seems to real good.... I have looked at the new generation Sentras, and probably will get one eventually..."

this car was a lemon

By on Thursday, September 18, 2008

"bought it barnd new in 06, since then have had to replace the engine, which is still having the same problems. and now they tell me the ignition coil is trying to go out. this car has less than 50k miles on it. the reason i bought it was because nissans were supposed to run "forever"...not unheard of to get 200 or 300k miles out of them. NOT THIS ONE!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!!"

I have a lemon....

By on Friday, August 15, 2008

"I bought my 05 Sentra new. I have had problems with the rotors, back breaks, fuel pump pressure and now the transmission has gone out--all at 35k. My local Nissan dealership changed the transmission (under warranty) and the same day I picked it up--it went out again. I have had nothing but problems with this car"

Nissan

By on Friday, July 04, 2008

"Reliable vehicle. Fairly good fuel mileage at approx 35 mpg on highway. No major problems in 6 years. Only minor repetitive problems was a squeaky bearing in the fly wheel for the fan belt which was fixed under warranty twice. Also, tendancy to rust at base of front doors where they contact rubber seal. Probably should have made a point of rinsing these spots free of salt during the winter. Otherwise, no complaints. Very comfortable car."

Great car

By on Thursday, July 03, 2008

"I love my Sentra. The only trouble I had is with the cruise control and the a/c. No mechanical problems at all. The gas milage is awesome! 30 mpg in town and 35 to 40 mpg highway."

After this car

By on Friday, June 20, 2008

"I have driven many cars and owned a Toyota corola, a Honda Civic, a Pont Grand AM, on the car side. This car by far has been the best most reliable car of them all. I have owned it for 8 years and im sure i will for many many more. I have only had to fix miner things with the car (due to my own falt). Parts may be spendy but they are of the best quality. The ride on this stile by the way is amazing. second to none."

Reliable and fuel efficient

By on Monday, April 21, 2008

"This car is fuel efficient and reliable if maintained properly.. The cost of maintenance is reasonable. Here are the cons I found in this car: 1.Automatic transmission is not that responsive while accelerating even though the engine is powerful. 2.I feel the suspension is a bit tough and the car is a bit unstable at speeds 70 - 80 mph if the weather is too windy. But for a regular city commuter, this car is a good choice."

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2008

"I bought this car because I knew that I would be driving a lot. 3 years later, I have put 80,000 miles on the car, and I have only had to replace one thing. It was some kind of valve that was not essential to proper function, and was quite cheap. It gets great gas mileage (over 30 mpg as long as it is not loaded down with a lot of stuff) and it has very good low-end acceleration for a 1.8L. The transmission is great. Overall, this car has saved me a great deal of money by being reliable and efficient. I would recommend this car to anybody who needs a car that can get you where you need to go safely and cheaply."