2000 Nissan Sentra

7.8

Based on 802 Ratings for the 2000 - 2006 models.

good small car great mpg and handling

By on Sunday, October 07, 2012

Pros: "mpg-handling-looks"

Cons: "small"

"I am really surprised by all the bad reviews on this car,my 06 1.8 special edition runs great handles great and gets 33 mpg in city.I have never had any issues with this car other than it is small but I am 6ft 7in tall and still can get resonably comfortable in this car.150k and still runs like new.also awesome sound system"

210,000 Strong Brutal Harsh Miles

By on Saturday, October 06, 2012

Pros: "Cheap Price great reliability"

Cons: "revs to high"

"I bought this car at 120,000 miles with everything working and no leaks. Around 200,000 miles the MAF sensor went bad so i replaced it, the CAT was also replaced. And thats pretty much it. Ive kept up with the regular oil changes except for the transmission. So i am driving it with the same transmission fluid since 2004, that was the last time it was changed. Im afraid to change due to risking having transmission problem so i guess ill go ahead and let the tranny die on me. Something that i really like about the car is it is very nimble and easy to drift lol. One thing i dont like is it revs high for example 60mph and im at 2.3k rpm"

Great, dependable car for the money!

By on Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage is great."

Cons: "It doesn't do very good in the snow."

"Ten years and 130,000 miles and the only down time was for a factory recall. Excellent gas mileage. Have averged 33 mpg for the life of the car. Even as high as 40 mpg at times. Handles decent and drives great. Only paid $13,500 for it new and after ten years it has more than paid for itself. Even the battery lasted ten years. Just bought a new one because it was starting to get a little weak and I wanted to change it out before winter. Only two complaints about the car. It didn't come equipted with cruise control and it isn't real good in the snow."

5 year review

By on Tuesday, June 08, 2010

"I bought my 2005 Sentra SE 1.8 5 years ago. The rpairs have been very minimal 1. new Brakes at 76,000 2. new tires 82,000 3. new tires at 35,000 4. synthetic oil every 7,500 miles at 29,000 the head started leaking , they replaced the head gasket,"

Great Car!!

By on Saturday, January 03, 2009

"I bought this car in 2000 and still have it today as a secondary car. It has 221,000 miles plus. I can honestly say that I have not have any major problems out of this car. I have gone on several roads trips every year since the first year I got the car. I think it has served me well. My only complaint is that it is small on the inside and can get uncomfortable on long trips, otherwise it's a great car."

Sentra 1.8S

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"We bought this car new in 2005 and overall it has been great. We HAVE had a few minor problems, one dealing with the paint on the passenger side mirror and the accessory belt. Both of those problems happened in the first 10000 miles and now we are at 33000 and have had no other problems. The paint on the mirror chipped and started peeling in the carwash! We took it in and they repainted it under warranty but the dealer was less than helpful. They almost didn't let us have a loaner while they took their sweet time getting it repainted. Later it started peeling again but not as bad and since it's just plastic we didn't worry about it much since it was just a small spot. After that our accessory belt started shearing and only half of it was intact. The dealer has problems fixing it so we just stormed out of their door and took our car to another dealer who gladly took our car in, under warranty, and fixed the problem within minutes. Since then there have been no problems and we have been happy with the car. The little 1.8L has a lot of 'go' in it and gets good gas mileage. I would recommend this car to anyone as it definitely gives you the right bang for your buck."

wow!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "small, reliable, easy to drive and great engine"

Cons: "terrible window motors, micro fiber seats"

"very reliable and dependable and easy to drive the only thing i did not like is the material of the seats (micro-fiber) it was hard to clean, and the motor for the windows they keep going out. the material from the interior it was cheaply made like the panel of the doors the plastic of the the bottom of the door where you step on it.(fell off) But overall very good engine and reliable"

Super fun to drive.

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Nice Gear Pattern.Fast. Handles good"

Cons: "None that i can think of"

"I have owned my 2002 Nissan Sentra SER SPEC-V for a little over a year. It was given to me as a gift for my first car. Its very fast and fun to drive.! It handles like no other. I can take corners without slowing down. This car is absolutely amazing. Never had any problems with it. I would Highly recommend one to anyone that wants a fast and fun ride."

Pretty decent

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Pros: "Great gas mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "uncomfortable for long distance"

"I bought my 04' Sentra in 2008 and despite it being a salvage it ran smoothly. Granted all Sentra's have a problem with holding the pressure for the gas and have trouble starting, they are really good cars. It runs great, perfect for city driving. Now for long distance I personally don't recommend it. It can get uncomfortable, especially long drives, for that you definitely want to get something bigger. It's great on gas, just not very comfortable."

Always There For Me

By on Thursday, March 28, 2013

Pros: "Great on the curves"

Cons: "Upholstery is horrible"

"I am a crazy driver and my car has never failed me. Completely safe. Never broke down, not even new brakes and I'm rough on them. Had this car for 7 years and 110,000 miles."