1999 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 231 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

The Sentra!

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Gas milage, realiability, over all value"

Cons: "Not a lot of power"

Rain or Shine, she's ready to drive

"I have owned my car for 12 years now. I bought the car in 1999 with 16k miles on it. Now, twelve years later, its still alive and kicking! This car has been nothing but reliable and a pleasure to drive. Although it is a touch slow with the 1.6 liter GXE version that I have, the gas milage and over all value is great. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone along with most of the Nissan line up."

Rain or Shine, she's ready to drive

Very nice worth buying

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage, VERY Reliable and last forever!"

Cons: "Some common issues. Interior could use improvement"

"I bought with 140k miles. I picked it up for only 750$ manual transmission. These cars have common issues including a windshield wiper arm that stops working and sometimes a power steering pressure hose leak. Rear breaks last til about 150k. HVAC resistor module also goes out on these. Other then that these cars require very little maintenance and gets EXCELLENT gas mileage and go a lot longer than ANY american made (ford,dodge,GM) vehicle will go!"

still goin'

By on Friday, January 23, 2009

"i own a 97 sentra...it has truly served me well. it has gotten me through 2 yrs of grad school (traveling at least an hour each way) and through 2 years of under-grad, and multiple trips out of state (the carolinas, alabama, and i think tenn once) i have had the car for about 8 years now. i am now a little over 211,000 miles and it's still kickin'. the biggest repair i've had was to get some new struts (i think that's the name) it does need some minor repairs but overall it has done a great job-is doing a great job. i'm car shopping now, but if i didn't have a growing family now i would totally go with another sentra...they are worth it! i love my sentra! oh and when i got my sentra it had a little over 82000 miles on it...so it's been a car that has been around if you know what i mean..."

Awesome Vehicle

By on Monday, October 05, 2009

"I bought my 97 Nissan Sentra XE in 2004 and am the 2nd owner. It had 148,000 miles when I bought it and now has 227,300 miles and still going!?!?!?!? The interior looks horrible but thats due to three kids, I hit a deer at about 25mph (I slowed down as much as I could) and it only dented the hood slightly, broke the grill in half, and left a headlight dangling. This is my 2nd car and I didn't want to get it at first because it wasn't "pretty" but It will be with me forever now. It this car can handle my driving it can handle anyones. I tend to think its a four wheeler....lol Wouldn't trade "Ol' Bessie" for anything."

Best Vehicle for the money

By on Friday, May 15, 2009

"I had this car for 11 years and it have 301,000 miles now and still going, i never had any problem with regards to engine trouble, I changed oil regularly and had 3 brake job in past."