1998 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 232 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Very nice worth buying

By on Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage, VERY Reliable and last forever!"

Cons: "Some common issues. Interior could use improvement"

"I bought with 140k miles. I picked it up for only 750$ manual transmission. These cars have common issues including a windshield wiper arm that stops working and sometimes a power steering pressure hose leak. Rear breaks last til about 150k. HVAC resistor module also goes out on these. Other then that these cars require very little maintenance and gets EXCELLENT gas mileage and go a lot longer than ANY american made (ford,dodge,GM) vehicle will go!"

I love my Sentra

By on Saturday, May 19, 2012

He is a work in Progress!

"My first official car turned out to be my lil Sentra and I love him <3 He takes me everywhere and makes sure I get there safe. Only had one problem and it was overheating because I needed to replace the radiator and water pump. And yet it still got me home that day. I will never rid of it!"

He is a work in Progress!

By on Monday, September 07, 2009

"I bought mine used in 1998 with 11,000 miles on it. Today in Sept. of 2009 it now has over 300,000 on it. It has been the least expensive care I have ever owned. It has been an amazing car. I have done basic maintenance( oil, brakes, tires, fluids, etc.) on it and little else. If you are looking for something inexpensive yet reliable, this car is it."

Love this car!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Pros: "Comfortable, Great MPG, Cheap Matience,"

Cons: "No remote access."

"It's been such a good car for being 15 years old! Only broken down once on me, and i just had to replace the alternator. It has given me trust in Nissan. I get great mileage as well."

good for college

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"My parents bought this car brand new in '99, and have always taken pretty good care of it. It gets great gas mileage, and I've only ever had minor problems with it, such as oil leaks and a bad starter. Not much to boast in terms of performance, but not a big deal if you don't care about not being able to go 0-60 in 3 seconds. It's just a good reliable car that meets all the needs of a college kid."

Good choice

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I downsized from a big truck to my 99 Sentra recently, and have put hundreds of city and highway miles on it. The seat took getting used to (no lumbar support), but it is an excellent daily driver, though with just enough power. With 4 people and a trunk full of luggage, I got 32 mpg on a 170 mile trip! I think the next car I get after this is a newer Sentra, and for now I'm impressed with mine."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"This is the most wonderful, most reliable car ever! It may not be amazingly beautiful or powerful, but at 34mpg, it's worth it!! I've owned this car for almost 5 years, and put less than $500 worth of repairs/maintenance into it. I highly recommend it, especially as a first car for a new driver (it was mine!)."

Love this car!!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Only minor repairs, great gas mileage, zippy!"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought this car new 17 years ago! Wow, did I get my monies worth! It's a 5-speed and I've never had the clutch nor the transmission replaced. The car as only needed minor repairs. It has gotten as high as 45 mpg and typically 32 in town. It's a solid car. The best car I've ever owned!"

Recommending you to buy 1 either New or Used

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Extremely Reliable"

Cons: "seats are alittle too firm but still comfortable"

"I purchased this car used and with Normal Maintance will pass car to my teen with in the year. I have NEVER had this car break down or leave me standed. I recommend anyone and everyone to buy a Sentra if you want a car that doesnt need to go to the shop and that you can truely rely on. Mia"

definitely got my money's worth

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "no intermittent wipers"

"I have a 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE. I bought it new with 14 miles on it. It now has 240,000 and I still drive it 80 miles a day to work. Other than tires and a few minor things (new heating element, headlight, timing belt) I haven't had any problems. It isn't a Lexus by any means, but if youre looking for good gas mileage and reliability, you can't beat it. I just bought a 2012 Sentra--am hoping it gets me to retirement!"