1998 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 224 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

good dependable car

By on Monday, January 16, 2012

Pros: "Great on gas"

Cons: "just a bit on the small side if your 6' or bigger"

"Have owned 4 sentra's and have never had a problem with them. Very dependable cars."

Recommending you to buy 1 either New or Used

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Extremely Reliable"

Cons: "seats are alittle too firm but still comfortable"

"I purchased this car used and with Normal Maintance will pass car to my teen with in the year. I have NEVER had this car break down or leave me standed. I recommend anyone and everyone to buy a Sentra if you want a car that doesnt need to go to the shop and that you can truely rely on. Mia"

Marvelous car; has served me extremely well.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cons: "cup holders skinny, fenders catch dirt in dip"

"Buying used cars means not having a whole world of choices. I had no experience with Nissan Sentras though I've owned a small Nissan pickup. I have been completely satisfied with this car, amazed at its excellent gas mileage, and have had no repairs other than the ones consistent with a car which is now 13 years and 170,000 miles old. Great value, great car."

great car

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

"original owner. awesome little car. i plan on driving till the wheels fall off. never given me problems, outside of regular wear"

Nice car

By on Thursday, December 01, 2011

I want this car

"reliable and gas efficient."

Reliable ride

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "great price, excellent reliability, fuel efficient"

Cons: "basic suspension"

1998 nissan sentra GXE 4DR

"I have had my 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE 4DR for the past four years and put almost 40K miles into it. I have spent almost nothing other than for new tires and regular oil checks. Safe vehicle, particularly for students with its airbags, nice brakes and good ride. Affordable, fuel-efficient, safe, and fun-to-drive. 1 Sentra!"

1998 nissan sentra GXE 4DR

The Sentra!

By on Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pros: "Gas milage, realiability, over all value"

Cons: "Not a lot of power"

Rain or Shine, she's ready to drive

"I have owned my car for 12 years now. I bought the car in 1999 with 16k miles on it. Now, twelve years later, its still alive and kicking! This car has been nothing but reliable and a pleasure to drive. Although it is a touch slow with the 1.6 liter GXE version that I have, the gas milage and over all value is great. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone along with most of the Nissan line up."

Rain or Shine, she's ready to drive

unstopable!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"rips through snow and runs forever also very quick"

very fast and reliable car.

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"too small for a 210lb. driver 6 feet tall."

I love my old Sentra, it just won't die!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"This car has to be one of the most robust well made cars. I've driven my old Sentra since I was 16, and my older brother did before me. This car got me through high school, college, and work life. We're at over 200,000 miles, and aside from the regualr maintenance and minor repair jobs, this car has never had any thing major go wrong. Some how it just keeps on going..."

I love this car...

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

"Had it for 14 years now and can't bring myself to part with it. It's been the best little car ever!!! Consumer Report rates it as one of the best in its price range. You won't go wrong with this year, make, model. It's been a gem."

love my lil nissan

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "great price, easy to drive"

Cons: "cup holders kind of interfer with radio"

"I hasve owned this car for about 4yrs now, when I bought it, it was a one owner car, and only 75k miles on it.. it has been great for me. I get 36mpg, even though there is a lil rust on it.. I love it.."

definitely got my money's worth

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "no intermittent wipers"

"I have a 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE. I bought it new with 14 miles on it. It now has 240,000 and I still drive it 80 miles a day to work. Other than tires and a few minor things (new heating element, headlight, timing belt) I haven't had any problems. It isn't a Lexus by any means, but if youre looking for good gas mileage and reliability, you can't beat it. I just bought a 2012 Sentra--am hoping it gets me to retirement!"

Great for me

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "gas mileage, thing can't be killed"

Cons: "no extras, doesn't take to cassette adapters to well, visors broke but after 10yrs of service"

"I got this car when it was 1 yr old and I had just graduated from driving school. I used it all through out high school and my collegiate career. Granted, it kind of stunk in college when everyone I knew had a Benz, BMW, GT, or just a new model vehicle, here I was in my ole realiable. This car will never be called "fancy", there's 2 front seats and a backseat that seats 3. The interior is bland. It has a solid AC, heat, and a radio. Therefore, it's enough for me. Was paid it off long ago and decided to keep it because it gets great gas mileage in a $4 a gallon economy and run it in until my maintenance is more than my gas. Had a few problems with the battery, the engine overheating, the motor on the passenger window, visors, and a few flat tires but all those were fairly easy fixes. It's even been hit side on in a vehcile accident but with good insurance and a great body detalier, it was brought back to life. Again, gas mileage is awesome, it's a nice little compact car, comfortable enough for to and from the office, and for Saturday excursions all over town. It won't turn heads or impress anyone but then again you can always start it and know it's going to get you home."

Extremely Reliable

By on Sunday, July 31, 2011

Pros: "Reliable"

Cons: "Body style"

"Very low price Very reliable (when I got it, I could tell it had not been well maintained but it still ran beautifully. topped off all the fluids and really I don't have to worry about something going wrong with it) Not the best looking car as you can see from the pictures. It does have a spoiler that fits the body well and the wheels/tires fit the body design as well. The interior seems very durable, not the best looking - but by no means, the worst. Someone put in a review earlier that you could not lay down the back seats, but you actually can, there are little rings you pull in the rear deck of the car and that releases the seats. The original stereo system is one of the better "OEM" sound systems I have heard. It has 2 6 3/4" speakers in the front doors and 2 more in the rear deck. The low end frequency makes my rear-view mirror shake and the higher tones are crisp when at a low volume. The head unit (what you use to control the stereo up front) is double-din (the largest size) It has a clock, radio, and a single cd player. There are 6 customizable radio presets, 2 band equalizer (able to turn the bass and treble up or down) along with the ability to fade the sound back, front, left, or right. It is very generic - nothing special. I recommend buying a new head-unit and having a car stereo technician installing it. Because the original is double-din, you can buy a single din and get a bracket to make it fit, or you can buy the double-din size and have a larger screen. The engine (GA16DE) is 16 valve - 1.6L V4 with twin-cam and variable timing solenoid. The engine obviously does not have much displacement or power but the performance is if nothing else, surprising. There is decent throttle response. Good acceleration from an economy engine built to save gas. It accepts after-market modifications very well, so if you wanted to put new headers or a short ram intake, the application would be simple. Many people use this engine for "tuner" cars because of its smooth power-band (balanced acceleration from low RPMs to high RPMs) The engine idles at around 850 - 1050rpm and redlines at 6800 although the highest rpm I have seen from it was 6200. The gas mileage I see from normal driving habits is about 28MPG but when driving more aggressively it drops to about 25 and when driving for fuel economy, it jumps to around 30. Has all the electrical amenities, power windows, steering, brakes, etc. This car is perfect for a new driver. Cheap so its not a big deal for dings and scratches but still a good car that will perform reliably and is easily upgradable if they decide to keep if for a few years and want a little more from it. It is also a good car for someone who drives a gas guzzler or is in need of a secondary car for whatever reason. This car isn't meant to impress or wow anybody; its meant to be a solid performer that is enjoyable to drive but cheap enough that you don't have to take a huge insurance policy out on it."

good for college

By on Tuesday, May 03, 2011

"My parents bought this car brand new in '99, and have always taken pretty good care of it. It gets great gas mileage, and I've only ever had minor problems with it, such as oil leaks and a bad starter. Not much to boast in terms of performance, but not a big deal if you don't care about not being able to go 0-60 in 3 seconds. It's just a good reliable car that meets all the needs of a college kid."

nissan 98'

By on Friday, April 15, 2011

"This car has been an awsome car, im in need of a newer car and want another nissan, very dependable car!"

By on Monday, April 11, 2011

By on Thursday, April 07, 2011

By on Friday, March 25, 2011

the very best car ever

By on Sunday, February 27, 2011

"i bought thes new and have all of the srevice records---gets 21/30 mph"

'99 Nissan Sentra GXE

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"We've had this vehicle for over 10 years and it's still running really well, it has a great engine, it's at about 144k miles atm. It hasn't needed any major repairs yet. It could probably handle another 5-10 years. Fairly reliable vehicle imo."

best car i ever owned

By on Thursday, February 24, 2011

"this car has never let me down....and over the years i did'nt treat the car that good....it does have somewhat of an electical issue ...tail lights quit working which wasnt a cheap fix for a mech. to do but if u know anything about wiring u can chase the problem down yourself....i would definatly own another nissan"

By on Monday, February 14, 2011