1996 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 232 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

love my sentra!

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"My mom bought this car new in 1998, and gave it to me as a college graduation present in 2001. The sentra is such a great car. Extremely reliable, inexpensive to maintain, great gas mileage. It's not built for speed or looks, but for basic transportation, you really can't beat it. Besides standard maintenance, the only problem I've ever had was a sticky ignition (which I eventually replaced)... and I think this is pretty amazing given that the car is ten years old and has 120K miles on it. I try not to brag about it too much, since I don't want to make my friends jealous, but I seriously think it's the perfect car. Hoping to drive it for another 120K!"

good car

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Good car. Good mileage..I used to get abput 30-32 MPG on highway (if you drive at 65-70 MPH). The power of this car is low, so can't expect the car to keep up the speed on uphills and when vehicle is loaded. If you drive the car at 75MPH+, engine makes so much noice that makes you slow down to 65-70 MPH. I owned this car for 2 years. I had to change the rear suspension and all 4 breaks. Overall the car is good. I would recommend this car to some college going kid (save some money on gas)."

Pretty cool car

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Im a college student and its the best car ever for me. I dont have to spend money on gas it must get 35 miles to the gallon. The air is cold and Ive never had to do any major work. Just change the oil etc."

Great reliable car

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"Got 225k miles out of my '96 Sentra, I loved it and it got awesome gas mileage. Bought a Toyota Corolla and I feel like I made a huge mistake not getting another Nissan, the gas mileage alone doesn't even come close--I can't even get 30 mpg on the Corolla, I was getting 37-40 mpg on Sentra!"

Very good reliable car for a bargain price

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Hi, Had the 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE car for 4 years. Very good and reliable car for the price I paid for it. I had to replace the alternator and timing belt after 80K miles. But most of the websites about this car say that that is the average time for the car. Apart from the normal wear and tear and routine maintenance , I never had to get anything done. CM"