1996 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 231 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Car ows me nothing!

By on Thursday, May 27, 2010

"I bought this car in 2002 with 41K miles for $6000. It now has 238,000 miles and runs great without burning oil! The front main seal did cause an oil leak for awhile, but if you are at all handy it only took 45 min and $15 to replace. The hood and headlights get changed occasionally with the help of the local deer, but other than that the clutch is the only major work ever done! I have changed tires, brakes and basic wear parts many times but that is just maintenance. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it now for a long trip. My biggest complaint is probably bad cup holders (picky I know but it matters) and limited power with the 1.6L. On the positive side the gas mileage had been 32 mpg with combination city/hwy driving. It also handled very well in the NY winter snow for a small 2WD. Highly recommended car if oil and maintenance was kept up. I bet mine makes it to 300K at least, assuming 4 legged critters allow it."

Don't let a cheap sentra pass you by

By on Friday, October 03, 2008

"I was killing my savings driving my Chevy truck (350). I have owned several sentra's, and recently purched another based on the solid reputation this car has shown me as a mechanic for over 15 years, and now I can begin to see some of my money. It takes $31.00 to fill this sentra and I am calculating 320 miles before that is done somewhere around 30 miles to the gallon. My truck takes $130 to fill and 31 dollars would get me about 45 miles. thats 7 times better than my chevy. I will keep my chevy for the hard work, but I need a nissan sentrra to get around with."

It Keeps Going

By on Monday, September 08, 2008

"I bought the car new. It has ben great on gas and no major repairs. It's at 160,000 and I've ben told it will get at least 200,000. Glad I purchased this car way back when."

love my sentra!

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"My mom bought this car new in 1998, and gave it to me as a college graduation present in 2001. The sentra is such a great car. Extremely reliable, inexpensive to maintain, great gas mileage. It's not built for speed or looks, but for basic transportation, you really can't beat it. Besides standard maintenance, the only problem I've ever had was a sticky ignition (which I eventually replaced)... and I think this is pretty amazing given that the car is ten years old and has 120K miles on it. I try not to brag about it too much, since I don't want to make my friends jealous, but I seriously think it's the perfect car. Hoping to drive it for another 120K!"

good car

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Good car. Good mileage..I used to get abput 30-32 MPG on highway (if you drive at 65-70 MPH). The power of this car is low, so can't expect the car to keep up the speed on uphills and when vehicle is loaded. If you drive the car at 75MPH+, engine makes so much noice that makes you slow down to 65-70 MPH. I owned this car for 2 years. I had to change the rear suspension and all 4 breaks. Overall the car is good. I would recommend this car to some college going kid (save some money on gas)."

Pretty cool car

By on Tuesday, September 04, 2007

"Im a college student and its the best car ever for me. I dont have to spend money on gas it must get 35 miles to the gallon. The air is cold and Ive never had to do any major work. Just change the oil etc."

Great reliable car

By on Saturday, September 01, 2007

"Got 225k miles out of my '96 Sentra, I loved it and it got awesome gas mileage. Bought a Toyota Corolla and I feel like I made a huge mistake not getting another Nissan, the gas mileage alone doesn't even come close--I can't even get 30 mpg on the Corolla, I was getting 37-40 mpg on Sentra!"

Very good reliable car for a bargain price

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Hi, Had the 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE car for 4 years. Very good and reliable car for the price I paid for it. I had to replace the alternator and timing belt after 80K miles. But most of the websites about this car say that that is the average time for the car. Apart from the normal wear and tear and routine maintenance , I never had to get anything done. CM"

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2007

"I bought this car new in Dec. of '98 and can't part with it. It is one of the best cars I've had and is still solid. I've had no major work done at all and it is tight as can be. The clutch hasn't needed any adjusting as of yet after almost 150,000 mile. The car has a tight ride and handles very well. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small gas saver---I average 36 MPG. It just keeps getting better!!!"

Bought used at 80,000m

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

"It's low and small so the car handles great. thought it was a junker at $500, but is really fun to drive. og transmission works great-shifts smoothly, light rattling when car first idles. a lot of fun to drive."