1996 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 229 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

15 yrs and still going strong!

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

"This was the best year for Nissan Sentra GXE limited Edition! No engine problems, reliable and fun to drive. In the last year have replaced alternator, and Right Radiator fan assembly and added FREON get really COLD now! I would keep it but I just got an excellent deal for a 2012 Nissan VersaS.....good friend will be buying this from me because he knows how well it was taken care of."

You get what you pay for...lots of problems

By on Wednesday, October 08, 2014

"I bought this car back in 2009 with 96K on it because of the decent reviews I had heard about Nissan. It has been one of my biggest regrets of my life...personally and financially. This car will do nothing but drain money out of your wallet. The car currently only has 147K on it and it's constantly breaking down, even with routine maintenance. I have currently invested $4,000 in repairs, and it still needs $4,200 more. The car has done nothing but leak massive amounts of oil and transmission fluids, even after fixing it 5 times with brand new parts. On top of that I have had to replace the axels twice, distributor O ring 3 times, oil pan gasket (which is still leaking), the header, power steering pump, power steering rack, drum brake shoes, etc...the car is listed at a cheap price, but beware...you will pay more in repairs than the car is worth over a very short period of time. After this experience, I will never again buy another Nissan product."

VERY RELIABLE

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

"GREAT FIRST CAR"

I have enjoyed this car immensely

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

"This car has been the most reliable car and I always know it will start. I just drive too much for my job now and the car is staring to have too many miles. I do notice that Nissan Sentras (this is my 2nd one) don't always have the best electrical systems on the interior. Otherwise...I will surely miss this car (and 99 was rated very high in Consumer Guide when I bought it in 2003 -rated better than 2000)"

Excellent Car and Stone reliable

By on Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pros: "Great on Gas, Hardly ever breaks, but easy to fix"

Cons: "Not real sporty looking"

"I bought this car brand new back in '96 with just 15 miles on it. It has always gotten terrific gas mileage. Throughout my ownership, I have replaced the Tires 3 times, Front Brakes 3 times, Rear Brakes Once, Exhaust System Once from the Cat back, Alternator Once, the front Struts and rear shocks Once. Very good car and highly recommended."