1995 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 233 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Pretty cool car

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2007

"Im a college student and its the best car ever for me. I dont have to spend money on gas it must get 35 miles to the gallon. The air is cold and Ive never had to do any major work. Just change the oil etc."

Great reliable car

By on Saturday, September 1, 2007

"Got 225k miles out of my '96 Sentra, I loved it and it got awesome gas mileage. Bought a Toyota Corolla and I feel like I made a huge mistake not getting another Nissan, the gas mileage alone doesn't even come close--I can't even get 30 mpg on the Corolla, I was getting 37-40 mpg on Sentra!"

Very good reliable car for a bargain price

By on Monday, August 27, 2007

"Hi, Had the 1998 Nissan Sentra GXE car for 4 years. Very good and reliable car for the price I paid for it. I had to replace the alternator and timing belt after 80K miles. But most of the websites about this car say that that is the average time for the car. Apart from the normal wear and tear and routine maintenance , I never had to get anything done. CM"

Great car

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"I bought this car new in Dec. of '98 and can't part with it. It is one of the best cars I've had and is still solid. I've had no major work done at all and it is tight as can be. The clutch hasn't needed any adjusting as of yet after almost 150,000 mile. The car has a tight ride and handles very well. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a small gas saver---I average 36 MPG. It just keeps getting better!!!"

Bought used at 80,000m

By on Sunday, October 6, 2013

"It's low and small so the car handles great. thought it was a junker at $500, but is really fun to drive. og transmission works great-shifts smoothly, light rattling when car first idles. a lot of fun to drive."

Marvelous car; has served me extremely well.

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Cons: "cup holders skinny, fenders catch dirt in dip"

"Buying used cars means not having a whole world of choices. I had no experience with Nissan Sentras though I've owned a small Nissan pickup. I have been completely satisfied with this car, amazed at its excellent gas mileage, and have had no repairs other than the ones consistent with a car which is now 13 years and 170,000 miles old. Great value, great car."

great car

By on Friday, December 23, 2011

"original owner. awesome little car. i plan on driving till the wheels fall off. never given me problems, outside of regular wear"

I love my old Sentra, it just won't die!

By on Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"This car has to be one of the most robust well made cars. I've driven my old Sentra since I was 16, and my older brother did before me. This car got me through high school, college, and work life. We're at over 200,000 miles, and aside from the regualr maintenance and minor repair jobs, this car has never had any thing major go wrong. Some how it just keeps on going..."

Excellent starter car.

By on Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I got my '98 Nissan Sentra in 2002. It's survived deers, ditches, berms and parking garage girders. It has been an exceedingly reliable vehicle, has great gas mileage a decent interior and modest cargo room. I am very happy with this car. Its only flaws are, moderate road noise, the interior will fog up if you are not continually fiddling with the defroster and poor acceleration. Which is probably the biggest flaw. If I died in this car it would be because I could not accelerate while merging. But.. This poor acceleration is perfect for learning drivers and should prevent any sort of (successful) racing unless your child is a gearhead. Thus, Excellent starter car."

Best investment, by far!

By on Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"This is the first and only car I've ever purchased/owned. I purchased this 1996 model with less than 9,000 miles back in 1997 and it's still going strong (2009). It won't take anyone off the line, but it wasn't a slouch on the Autobahn either. Whether driving in the city (e.g., D.C.) or highway, she's consistently stayed between 35 to 40 mpg, saving me hundreds of dollars on gas every year. Over the past 12 years, I've only had to make minor repairs like replacing the brakes and tuning up the transmission. By far, the greatest investment I've made in my life!"