1995 Nissan Sentra

8.2

Based on 230 Ratings for the 1995 - 1999 models.

Good choice

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"I downsized from a big truck to my 99 Sentra recently, and have put hundreds of city and highway miles on it. The seat took getting used to (no lumbar support), but it is an excellent daily driver, though with just enough power. With 4 people and a trunk full of luggage, I got 32 mpg on a 170 mile trip! I think the next car I get after this is a newer Sentra, and for now I'm impressed with mine."

I love my car!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2008

"This is the most wonderful, most reliable car ever! It may not be amazingly beautiful or powerful, but at 34mpg, it's worth it!! I've owned this car for almost 5 years, and put less than $500 worth of repairs/maintenance into it. I highly recommend it, especially as a first car for a new driver (it was mine!)."

Love this car!!

By on Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Pros: "Only minor repairs, great gas mileage, zippy!"

Cons: "None!"

"I bought this car new 17 years ago! Wow, did I get my monies worth! It's a 5-speed and I've never had the clutch nor the transmission replaced. The car as only needed minor repairs. It has gotten as high as 45 mpg and typically 32 in town. It's a solid car. The best car I've ever owned!"

Recommending you to buy 1 either New or Used

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "Extremely Reliable"

Cons: "seats are alittle too firm but still comfortable"

"I purchased this car used and with Normal Maintance will pass car to my teen with in the year. I have NEVER had this car break down or leave me standed. I recommend anyone and everyone to buy a Sentra if you want a car that doesnt need to go to the shop and that you can truely rely on. Mia"

definitely got my money's worth

By on Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Pros: "good gas mileage, very reliable"

Cons: "no intermittent wipers"

"I have a 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE. I bought it new with 14 miles on it. It now has 240,000 and I still drive it 80 miles a day to work. Other than tires and a few minor things (new heating element, headlight, timing belt) I haven't had any problems. It isn't a Lexus by any means, but if youre looking for good gas mileage and reliability, you can't beat it. I just bought a 2012 Sentra--am hoping it gets me to retirement!"

Car ows me nothing!

By on Thursday, May 27, 2010

"I bought this car in 2002 with 41K miles for $6000. It now has 238,000 miles and runs great without burning oil! The front main seal did cause an oil leak for awhile, but if you are at all handy it only took 45 min and $15 to replace. The hood and headlights get changed occasionally with the help of the local deer, but other than that the clutch is the only major work ever done! I have changed tires, brakes and basic wear parts many times but that is just maintenance. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it now for a long trip. My biggest complaint is probably bad cup holders (picky I know but it matters) and limited power with the 1.6L. On the positive side the gas mileage had been 32 mpg with combination city/hwy driving. It also handled very well in the NY winter snow for a small 2WD. Highly recommended car if oil and maintenance was kept up. I bet mine makes it to 300K at least, assuming 4 legged critters allow it."

Don't let a cheap sentra pass you by

By on Friday, October 03, 2008

"I was killing my savings driving my Chevy truck (350). I have owned several sentra's, and recently purched another based on the solid reputation this car has shown me as a mechanic for over 15 years, and now I can begin to see some of my money. It takes $31.00 to fill this sentra and I am calculating 320 miles before that is done somewhere around 30 miles to the gallon. My truck takes $130 to fill and 31 dollars would get me about 45 miles. thats 7 times better than my chevy. I will keep my chevy for the hard work, but I need a nissan sentrra to get around with."

It Keeps Going

By on Monday, September 08, 2008

"I bought the car new. It has ben great on gas and no major repairs. It's at 160,000 and I've ben told it will get at least 200,000. Glad I purchased this car way back when."

love my sentra!

By on Sunday, May 18, 2008

"My mom bought this car new in 1998, and gave it to me as a college graduation present in 2001. The sentra is such a great car. Extremely reliable, inexpensive to maintain, great gas mileage. It's not built for speed or looks, but for basic transportation, you really can't beat it. Besides standard maintenance, the only problem I've ever had was a sticky ignition (which I eventually replaced)... and I think this is pretty amazing given that the car is ten years old and has 120K miles on it. I try not to brag about it too much, since I don't want to make my friends jealous, but I seriously think it's the perfect car. Hoping to drive it for another 120K!"

good car

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Good car. Good mileage..I used to get abput 30-32 MPG on highway (if you drive at 65-70 MPH). The power of this car is low, so can't expect the car to keep up the speed on uphills and when vehicle is loaded. If you drive the car at 75MPH+, engine makes so much noice that makes you slow down to 65-70 MPH. I owned this car for 2 years. I had to change the rear suspension and all 4 breaks. Overall the car is good. I would recommend this car to some college going kid (save some money on gas)."