1994 Nissan Sentra

8.4

Based on 137 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

Just Won't Die

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"I received my Sentra in 1997 with 70K miles on it. It has now has 268,000 mi. It is one tough little car and one that will cruise down any road. I have the coupe version, which kind of looks like an older BMW 3 series. It has A/C, cruise, and power mirrors, which still all work today. Even the all the dash and control bulbs still work. Never had to replace any of them. Just the usual maintenance, oil, tires, fluids. One of the fuel injectors went bad at about 190K mi., which caused stuttering on acceleration. It was about a $200 fix. Thermostat went out around 200K mi. and so did the transmission. Which, was one of the biggest expense cost, it was $800 to replace. I'm sure if you went to a junk yard to part one, it would have been a lot cheaper. Other than that, the car refuses to die. I have left it sitting a couple of times for over a year. I just charge the battery and it fired right up, kind of like Frankenstein coming back to life. Over the years, it has become a great, reliable car that never left me stranded."

bullet proof

By on Friday, September 09, 2011

Pros: "cheap to fix, great gas mileage"

Cons: "ugly, old, and randomly has things wrong with it"

"This was my very first car and ive had it for 4 years now. I've had a few issues with it and it makes some crazy noises but for being so old, its a pretty reliable car. I wouldnt buy this car if i was picking something out because its ugly but its cheap to fix, cheap to drive (gas wise) and i feel like it will never break down."

Superior vehicle !!!!

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"This is without equal the best car I have ever owned. I got it 5 yrs ago at 87,000 miles & now it has 230,000+ miles. NEVER any problems!!! Cold AC, uses no oil, interior holding up great, exterior has no rust, paint still very good. I put 85,000 mile Pirelli tires on it last year for $227 !!! Can't beat that. I LOVE this car & hope it lasts another 230,000 miles. I strongly recommend Nissans !!!"

Extremely Reliable

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "great gas. Doesnt break down"

Cons: "Women hate it :)"

"I got this car as a 16 year old(8 years ago) I was neglectful as all kids are and the car is still going. I have driven coast to coast and all over the country. It is a ugly little car but the most economical and reliable vehicle I know of. I have owned a few used cars (mustang, Cadillac) and when they need major work I simply sold them off and dusted off the old Nissan from the back yard. Best car ever."

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "easy to repair, parts are cheap, great on gas"

Cons: "small cup holders, lower seat cushion is a bit hard and not comfortable"

"I have had a lot of cars over the years, from new Porsches to Accords to Mini Coopers, and by far this has probably been the best and cheapest car to own, Very good on gas, parts are cheap and its easy to work on. I only paid $100 for it 4 years ago, it won't die on me, passes emissions and inspections with ease, I use it as a car to get to work, its never let me down, good in the snow. Only complaint, the seats are not the most comfortable, but I can live with it. It was a well built and designed cheap car, I love it. I wish I could find another some day with low miles."

By on Wednesday, January 05, 2011

"I bought this 1992 Sentra new. It has been a very reliable, low maintenance vehicle. Exceptional value. I have over 231,000 miles and have had no major maintenance issues."

bang for your buck

By on Friday, September 25, 2009

"I bought my Nissan Sentra six years ago with 190,000 miles on it... its nothing fancy, definitely the basic model with no extra buttons or luxuries... but it now has 220,022 miles on it and GEEZ has it been worth what I paid for it! I put about 3000$ into over six years, new brakes, new clutch, new tires, alternator, starter, battery etc.... but its only ever left me stranded one time.... most of those replacements were precautionary.... i've driven it well over 12,000miles without an oil change...the thing just keeps going! Its really, like I said, not a fancy car, but if you want a SUPER reliable (not to mention AMAZING ON GAS!!!!) around town car...this is it.... for under a grand u can keep this thing for years and years, beat the heck out of it, take it cross country even, dent it, bang it, it'll keep driving! Cool thing too that the body is metal so it feels real solid and safe to drive... very recommended if you don't mind looking a little funky!"

Great First Car!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, small"

Cons: "no middle console/extra storage"

"This is my first car and I've had it for over a year now. I wasn't very excited about the car when I got it but I have fallen in love with it. I haven't had any major problems with it and it's pretty easy to maintain the car. It drives great."

Great mpg, reliable

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "great price,mpg,runs good,quality built,leg room"

"i bought this car on feb 1 2011 for 100 bucks even though its worth more than that, and have put about 6000 miles on the car and everything is still original all ive had to change was the water pump and oil seal. they were due for change though because they still said nissan on them lol. i love this car wouldnt trade it for nothing."

excellent vehicle

By on Sunday, June 27, 2010

"Have owned this vehicle for going on ten years, this is with out a doubt the best auto I have ever owned. I just had a new starter installed and four new tires and battery and aligement and the mechanic said she'll service me good for at least 350'000 miles. of course I have to take care of it like it has always been taken care of, but it is a great car and runs like a top..."

By on Tuesday, February 02, 2010

"I have owned this car for 10 years and it has never left me in a "pickle." I have friends who have been through 3 or 4 vehicles by now because of the problems their cars were causing them, but I have remained loyal to my Sentra and it has treated me great. A few issues here and there, but nothing that isn't expected from a 18 year old vehicle."

MPG

By on Thursday, April 16, 2009

"I bought this car for $1300 when diesel went over $5. It paid for itself in savings in six months. It has been a total turn key car and have no problems with it, except tires wear quickly (walmart specials). It had 114000 when I got it and now has 127000. With the five speed I have gotten 42mpg on the freeway and consistently get 32-38 around town. I really like the fact that this car is reliable and I have taken it on 1000 mile road trips with no problem. Although I'm 6'3" with a "young" back and this car can get really uncomfortable quickly. The money I save in fuel makes up for it. Its also really noisey. It would have been a perfect high school/college car. No problems!"

Great car

By on Friday, February 27, 2009

"I bought this car used and I have not regretted it at all...good gas milage. always starts , I have replaced the battery, and muffler...other than that I put a steering wheel cover on it, changed oil at 3000 miles. I now have over 185000 miles on it and it shows no signs whatsoever of any problems....I would buy this car again...if I knew how good this car was I would have bought one new in 1991...I plan on buying a new one , my son wants this one so when I give this one to him I will buy myself a new one."

Best Economy Vehicle Ever

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Still have after 173,000 mi. runs better now than when I bought it with 50,000 mi on it. 40 MPG HYW & 32 city!!!!! It just keeps ticking like a Timex!!!!"

Love My Baby

By on Thursday, June 26, 2008

"I bought this car eight years ago with 70,000 miles on it. It now has over 116,000 and it is still going strong. Last fall, I inherited my mother's Dodge Caravan, and have been driving it lateley because I have four granddaughters under three years old. There's not enough room for car seats in the Nissan, but I still have it. I just can't seem to give it up, even though I've had several people offer to buy it from me. Repairs have been minor over the years (tires, batteries, etc...) but it has served me well and I have no complaints."

Great Little Car

By on Friday, April 11, 2008

"I purchased my 92 Sentra new when I was pregnant with my son...and in May 2007 I purchased a new '07 Sentra...I agree with a previous reviewer on the size of the new Sentra (too big)...I loved my '92 (and have kept it for my son who's just turned 15! He'll be driving soon) it still runs great and gets better gas mileage than my new '07!! Please Nissan, make another small Sentra (I tell people I'd buy another new car this year if it had the exact body type as my '92 Sentra.) My mechanic calls it my little flying machine! (I've had the clutch cable replaced...don't know if it was the way I drive, or just a bad cable...but other than that, it's been the best car I've ever owned.) I'm sticking with Nissan, but again, I'd like to see the smaller Sentra back (too many blind spots in the new bigger version!)."

Well worth the money

By on Sunday, March 09, 2008

"I only had my 1991 Sentra for a little over 3 months. The only and I mean only complaint I have is interior space, but consider I'm 6'7" tall and weigh around 350lbs, there arent very many vehicles that won't give me leg and head room issues. I'd still be driving it today had it not gotten totaled in an accident."

A reliable bad looking car

By on Saturday, January 26, 2008

"I had this car for over 3 years. I got it with 60K and now it has run 100K+. It's super ugly. The fabric from the top is falling off. However, it won't break. It just does not want to die. So if you get bored with cars and need a change every now and then and you need a good excuse, don't get this car. I think I put $600 on it for tires and brakes since I have it. I don't see engine leaks and transmission glitches, the clutch is holding strong."

Reliable inexpensive car

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"I got this car in 1998 with 8400 miles on it. It ran great and the gas mileage is excellent (40 mile/gallon highway when I got it, now is 30 ~ 34 in summer due to 10% ethanol in this area, <30 during winter). It has some leaking in transmission fluid 5 ~ 6 years ago, but it was fixed after I add stop leaking treatment a few times. Now it has 210000+ miles on it and still runs great. I used it for my daily commute between home and work. I got a newer car last April but still do not want to let go this car, because it is very reliable and worth the price just to save the mileage for my new car for long distance trip. I did some reasonable repairing and maintenance during the past 9 years like other reviewers. Other than that this car seems can run forever."

This is a GREAT Car

By on Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"I have owned this car for about 5 years and 50,000 miles. I bought the car with 72K for dirt cheap because the owner was trying to dump it on me because it made "strange noises" when you weren't accelerating. It turned out to be an $80 engine mount that took an hour to fix. Since then I did have to have the tranny rebuilt because 5th gear was popping out (at about 90K). I replaced the clutch then, too. I also replaced the thermostat and both CV Joints. The car is quick and is built rock solid. If you can get your hands on one it is a great investment because these cars will go forever. I calculated the cost of owning this car for the past 5 years (Purchase price, repairs, maintenance) to be about 75-80 dollars a month. I do the repairs myself, but regardless it is an inexpensive car to own. If you are looking for a good solid car with good reliability, gas mileage, fun to drive for dirt cheap then this is your car. This car comes with no bells and whistles, but for a car that is 16 years old it's just less things that can go wrong"

Reliable as the sun.

By on Tuesday, October 23, 2007

"I have owned this vehicle for 15 years now. It has had minimal maintenence over that time. I didn't take care of it when I was younger and it still runs like a champ. After all the wear and tear on the engine it still gets 35 mpg mixed highway and city driving over a week. You can't hardly get a new car that will do that."

An Appel a Day

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2007

"Bought it new in '92 and my red Sentra SE-R has run reliably for years until I retired it to the garage five years ago to drive a larger SUV. I'd driven it 136000 miles and now i'm ready to take it out of retirement and back on the road. This car is a little gem and what fun to drive! I didn't know how much I missed it, after a new battery, oil change, new cold start regulater and fuel leak fix, my 92 SE-R is back on the road and drives like it were new. Like they say an appel a day."

Extremly reliable

By on Monday, September 03, 2007

"For the money, excellent. Will run for about 300,000 miles. Body,power train excellent. Great on gas"

great little car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Great gas mileage. Super sturdy and reliable car."

how can u beat walking?

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "not sensitive like newer model cars today, parts consider cheap if avail"

Cons: "no A/C sys, no garage or parking so bad body paint, rust runs fast,"

"13 mi fr NYC, still have mine is 1990 2 dr silver got 12 yr ago,not perfect,leisure stop"