1994 Nissan Sentra

8.4

Based on 137 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

Decent car pain to work on

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Really decent car have had problems with the timing chain which is apparently a common problem, ridiculously hard to replace took me more then a few days and a whole lot of foul language"

NEVER LET ME DOWN SINCE 1993

By on Tuesday, November 24, 2009

"PURCHASED NEW IN 1993. 275000 MILES NOW AND HAVE NEVER LET ME DOWN. WILL KEEP FOR 5 MORE YRS."

The tin can

By on Thursday, October 15, 2009

"This car is ugly as sin BUT it just wont die. Ive tried. Lasted me through high school, delivered pizza while in college. I gave it to my parents when I bought an Infiniti and they still drive it. This car has been super reliable. The only problems I have had were the suspension and AC. The AC wasn't a problem to fix plus if you buy used parts for the car they are dirt cheap. I would buy this car again in a heartbeat. I just wish it was a little bit prettier."

Great car

By on Monday, August 03, 2009

"Bought this car from my parents when the price of gas went way up a couple years ago. Got the car when it had 280k miles on it and it was gettig around 40mpg on average. Now im over 305k miles and the transmission has lost a gear, but this ar is still getting around 38mpg and has never had any other problems besides missing fifth gear. The only problem with this car is its kind of noisy, and not all that roomy for someone over 6'' tall, other than that ill probably get another 30k miles out of this car before it decides to quit."

Great car

By on Friday, January 16, 2009

"I have a 1993 sentra with 300,000 miles on it and it still runs like a new car,I have keep the oil changed very 3000 mile and this car still don't use are burn oil. This car gets 38 to 44 mpg on the hwy."

By on Sunday, December 07, 2008

By on Friday, August 08, 2008

By on Monday, June 16, 2008

"I have had this car for about 2 years and it is a great car. I drive 15 miles to work and 15 miles home. I have to fill up only once every 3 weeks. Maintenance is minimal and more than makes up for the exceptional gas mileage. I recommend this car any day of the week and have turned down several offers to keep my little sentra."

worth the $

By on Thursday, June 12, 2008

"Dependable. handles well, and great gas mileage.,"

Takes a lickin' & keeps on tickin'

By on Saturday, May 03, 2008

"I've been a proud owner of a Sentra for over 10 years now. My car has almost 200,000 miles and still gets about 30 mpg in the city. My only complaints have been that it's a "plain Jane", the seats not made for long trips, and there's excessive road noise at highway speeds. If you want a cheap reliable car with great mileage, this is the car to get. On the other hand, if you want one that you can easily find in a parking lot or is ultra-comfortable, get a luxury car and pay the big bucks."

I love this car!!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2008

"This car is the best! It was my sisters car through college and now it is mine. I absolutly love it. I only put gas in it like once a month. Great handling, I only wish it had a little better acceleration. Overall it's wonderful!"

best car ever

By on Thursday, March 06, 2008

"i have had a red 94 sentra since i was 15 i am now 20 and this car has been amazing! it now has 270,000 miles on it and is still running strong would recommend this car to anyone"

By on Sunday, December 16, 2007

"This vehicle has been great. Gets good gas mileage, will probably run forever. Not sporty, you get what you pay for. I have had a lot of problems with my exhaust, but other than that...I've been very happy with it. Considering buying a 2008 model"

Great overall car

By on Friday, November 23, 2007

"'93 Sentra xe was my wife's car before we were married 5 yrs. ago and now with 232,000 miles on it and still getting 28 mpg I cannot complain too much. Had to replace the usuals on an older car (starter, ignition coil, muffler, etc.) as well as the basic tune-up and this thing is still running strong. Interior is not bad (headliner starting to go) and exterior is got a lot of paint chips but virtually no rust. Biggest complaint for me personally is too small, but it is very economical. Great car for single young person on a tight budget."

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

By on Friday, September 21, 2007

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

14 years and still my "Baby"!

By on Monday, August 20, 2007

"I bought this car new (in 1993) when I was 20 years old and I nicknamed it "Baby". She has been the BEST car to me. I had it paid off in 5 years and the nine years since it has been great to have a car with no car payment and hardly any repairs! The only major repair has been the A/C, I think that was partly my fault for not runing it periodically through the long winters. She has 160K miles now and I am considering selling it to my niece to keep it in the family. Anyway, I don't know if Nissan still makes cars this good, but this car is a gem!"

Keeps going, and going...

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I bought it new in '92. Drove it until '07 with only normal maintenance. It wasn't fancy but it lasted 4-ever."

Reliable!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Easy to park. Awesome turning radius"

Cons: "Sm cp hld, man wdw and lck, stck intr is blah."

"I've had my Sentra for 6 years and it has been an extremely reliable car. Only problem was replacing the clutch which is expected after 15 years. Easy to park, fun to drive, quick to wash. Very small car with limited capacity but for a college kid it was a great car. I've been everywhere in this car and it has been reliable and steady on every trip. Now that I'm older and making a 3 hour commute each day this car is still holding up but it's almost time to retire the old friend."

Treat it right or not, it keeps going.

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, reliable, fun to drive, unkillable."

Cons: "Small cup holders, backseat lacking."

"I got this car when I was 15, back in 2005. I've been through 7 different vehicles since, and the Sentra has beaten all of them every step of the way. Back when I was a teenager, I drove like every teenager did: Awful. Speeding, tight turns, pedal to the floor, all of that. I was also insanely neglectful and unlucky. Here is a list of all the things that have happened to my Sentra: Oil change once a year (sometimes 2 years. Driving with handbrake until I could replace the actual brakes. Took a hill at 90mph with a 250lb passenger, went airborne, flew about 80 feet, crushed oil pan after bottoming out at the bottom of the hill. Lost oil pan plug 25 miles outside of town, drove to town anyway instead of calling a tow truck. Doing constant 180 degree turns on dirt roads. Backed in to by an old lady with a Cutlass who mixed the gas and brake pedals up. Let sit out in the sun for a year and a half while driving other vehicles. There are definitely more awful things I have done to my car, but you get the idea. I want you to fully understand that I am the person who kills cars, and this thing refuses to die. Besides usual things (Brakes, tires, oil), I've only ever replaced the CV joints and some brake lines. Total, I may have sunk $500.97 in actual repairs over a course of 8 years. Every time I have taken it to a mechanic, it checks out fine. The few parts I have replaced have been cheap. Fuel economy sits around 35+ on the Highway, which is good because I am broke. This is the car that you can put $5 in the tank and still go out around town. The air conditioner is the most powerful, coldest thing I have ever felt. No other car I have ever been in has had an A/C unit like this one. The car is essentially all windows, giving you amazing visibility all around. It's easier just to look to your side than it is to use your mirror, as you can see everything around you. Now, there are cons. Not many, but there are a few. The pullout cup holders were designed in the 90's, which means these things will only hold cans or small cups. Your 87 ounce sweet tea will have to go somewhere else. Think of it as this car trying to help you lose weight. The backseats are also designed more of a utility than a comfort. Do not expect to fit large people back there. Kindly offer them the front seat or something. Be tactful. Skinny people can ride in the back. The automatic shoulder seatbelts are a fun novelty, but they tend to go out. Fortunately they are covered under a lifetime warranty through Nissan, but they go out all the same. Lastly, the power can leave something to be desired. I used to be young, dumb, and stupid and would drive all over the place with the pedal flat. If you're looking to hot rod, you'll be disappointed. Every passenger added destroys the acceleration. Now that I'm just dumb and stupid though, power isn't an issue. This car will get you where you're going. You might not be the first there, but you're guaranteed to arrive. This car will never give you up or let you down. It is the Miyagi to your Daniel Larusso, the utility belt to your Batman, the Sancho Panza to your Don Quixote. It will follow you to the ends of the earth, and faithfully drive you back when you decide that the ends of the earth are boring and there's probably something good on TV right now. The '94 Sentra is such an amazing car that it is still being produced today in Mexico, under the name 'Tsuru'. Somewhat cheaper interior materials, but still being made. How can you ignore the savings? The efficiency? The legacy? I have been through a '65 Mustang, two '91 Geo Metro Convertibles, '04 PT Cruiser, '81 El Camino, '05 Mustang, and an '02 Elantra. And through all of these, the Sentra has always won and always kept running. I love this car, and always will. I will be buried in it so if I ever come back from the dead, I'm guaranteed to have a dependable car. Oh, and this particular model was manufactured in the US at Nissan's factory in Smyrna, TN. So you can rest easy knowing you're buying a product made in America, even if the badge is Japanese."

50 mpg highway, 30-35 in town!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "fabulous mileage, cheap to run and insure, cute"

Cons: "cheap interior except seats good, holds up well"

"never had any other car comparable. got this 1993 nissan sentra e 2 door, fire engine red. cute as a bug! 214000 miles on engine, never an engine problem yet! replaced clutch recently, $750, some battery charging problems, not strongly built, but boy is it reliable and cheap to run! easy on gas, inexpensive insurance. actually clocked it at 50 mpg from michigan to chicago and back on the highway. couldn't believe it! there will always be money in your pocket driving it. people try to buy it from me all the time. 30-35 mpg in town. 10 gallon tank = 300+ miles. skirting rusted because i didn't have a garage, only a carport, but rest of car is okay. great in snow with michelin arctic tires and some ballast in the trunk."

If you can find one, buy it.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Mileage-cost to maintain-small for city parking."

Cons: "Hard to find a manual. It will only last forever."

"I bought a 93' with 185,000mi for $500. It had been sitting for 6 mos. Jump started it and drove home and 3 mos later replaced the clutch, which had never been replaced. I should have made necessary rust repairs but I didn't have time. At 235,000 5yrs later, because of my neglect, I had to let her go. Purred like a kitten too, but the cops were getting to interested. HA HA! I knew alot of them from the pizza shop I delivered for. I made sure to get another one, 94'with 130000mi for $600. This one is 2dr coupe. I might mention both had manual transmissions, as I would never drive an automatic. I could drive this anywhere except on a soft-sand beach. I go everywhere and snicker at those gas-guzzling SUV's. I live in New England but snow is never an issue for me, I look forward to driving around in the storms. I'm a 43yr old guy with 25yrs of professional driving so I can't say everyone would have the same results as I have. I've done a lot of off-road with these as well. obviously not a 4wd but you would be surprised at what these can really do, I have never gotten stuck. The only, I guess you could say complaint, would be they are swayed by heavy cross winds but I find it fun. Again if you can find it, buy it. 91'-94'. You won't be disappointed."

38 mpg

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Economical and reliable when properly maintained"

Cons: "Weird electrical hiccups coming on with age"

"I bought this car at 63560 miles for $3000 in '07. I now have 182000 miles on it in '11. I had some initial problems that were probably due to lack of exercise before I got it. Anyway, for a 50 yo woman, I work on it pretty successfully. But, yes, sometimes it helps to be a contorsionist! When I first got it I averaged about 35 mpg. When the injectors started going bad, mileage dropped to about 30 mpg. After replacing them, I average 38 mpg - no kidding."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Great price"

"I bought this vehicle new in 1992 as my first car and it has been with me through thick and thin and it continues to go. Other than regular scheduled maintenance and normal wear and tear components, my car has not given me any problems. I average 300 miles to one tank of gas."