1994 Nissan Sentra

8.4

Based on 135 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

very reliable car

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "economy, easy to drive"

Cons: "some electrical charging problems"

"bought it last year 93,000. i hope they start making cars like these again"

If you can find one, buy it.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Mileage-cost to maintain-small for city parking."

Cons: "Hard to find a manual. It will only last forever."

"I bought a 93' with 185,000mi for $500. It had been sitting for 6 mos. Jump started it and drove home and 3 mos later replaced the clutch, which had never been replaced. I should have made necessary rust repairs but I didn't have time. At 235,000 5yrs later, because of my neglect, I had to let her go. Purred like a kitten too, but the cops were getting to interested. HA HA! I knew alot of them from the pizza shop I delivered for. I made sure to get another one, 94'with 130000mi for $600. This one is 2dr coupe. I might mention both had manual transmissions, as I would never drive an automatic. I could drive this anywhere except on a soft-sand beach. I go everywhere and snicker at those gas-guzzling SUV's. I live in New England but snow is never an issue for me, I look forward to driving around in the storms. I'm a 43yr old guy with 25yrs of professional driving so I can't say everyone would have the same results as I have. I've done a lot of off-road with these as well. obviously not a 4wd but you would be surprised at what these can really do, I have never gotten stuck. The only, I guess you could say complaint, would be they are swayed by heavy cross winds but I find it fun. Again if you can find it, buy it. 91'-94'. You won't be disappointed."

Just Won't Die

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"I received my Sentra in 1997 with 70K miles on it. It has now has 268,000 mi. It is one tough little car and one that will cruise down any road. I have the coupe version, which kind of looks like an older BMW 3 series. It has A/C, cruise, and power mirrors, which still all work today. Even the all the dash and control bulbs still work. Never had to replace any of them. Just the usual maintenance, oil, tires, fluids. One of the fuel injectors went bad at about 190K mi., which caused stuttering on acceleration. It was about a $200 fix. Thermostat went out around 200K mi. and so did the transmission. Which, was one of the biggest expense cost, it was $800 to replace. I'm sure if you went to a junk yard to part one, it would have been a lot cheaper. Other than that, the car refuses to die. I have left it sitting a couple of times for over a year. I just charge the battery and it fired right up, kind of like Frankenstein coming back to life. Over the years, it has become a great, reliable car that never left me stranded."

this is a great dependable car.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"this is a good running car, good gas milage, good comfortable,adjustable seats back and seat, and cruise control,heat and air,radio /w cd player."

Treat it right or not, it keeps going.

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Cheap, reliable, fun to drive, unkillable."

Cons: "Small cup holders, backseat lacking."

"I got this car when I was 15, back in 2005. I've been through 7 different vehicles since, and the Sentra has beaten all of them every step of the way. Back when I was a teenager, I drove like every teenager did: Awful. Speeding, tight turns, pedal to the floor, all of that. I was also insanely neglectful and unlucky. Here is a list of all the things that have happened to my Sentra: Oil change once a year (sometimes 2 years. Driving with handbrake until I could replace the actual brakes. Took a hill at 90mph with a 250lb passenger, went airborne, flew about 80 feet, crushed oil pan after bottoming out at the bottom of the hill. Lost oil pan plug 25 miles outside of town, drove to town anyway instead of calling a tow truck. Doing constant 180 degree turns on dirt roads. Backed in to by an old lady with a Cutlass who mixed the gas and brake pedals up. Let sit out in the sun for a year and a half while driving other vehicles. There are definitely more awful things I have done to my car, but you get the idea. I want you to fully understand that I am the person who kills cars, and this thing refuses to die. Besides usual things (Brakes, tires, oil), I've only ever replaced the CV joints and some brake lines. Total, I may have sunk $500.97 in actual repairs over a course of 8 years. Every time I have taken it to a mechanic, it checks out fine. The few parts I have replaced have been cheap. Fuel economy sits around 35+ on the Highway, which is good because I am broke. This is the car that you can put $5 in the tank and still go out around town. The air conditioner is the most powerful, coldest thing I have ever felt. No other car I have ever been in has had an A/C unit like this one. The car is essentially all windows, giving you amazing visibility all around. It's easier just to look to your side than it is to use your mirror, as you can see everything around you. Now, there are cons. Not many, but there are a few. The pullout cup holders were designed in the 90's, which means these things will only hold cans or small cups. Your 87 ounce sweet tea will have to go somewhere else. Think of it as this car trying to help you lose weight. The backseats are also designed more of a utility than a comfort. Do not expect to fit large people back there. Kindly offer them the front seat or something. Be tactful. Skinny people can ride in the back. The automatic shoulder seatbelts are a fun novelty, but they tend to go out. Fortunately they are covered under a lifetime warranty through Nissan, but they go out all the same. Lastly, the power can leave something to be desired. I used to be young, dumb, and stupid and would drive all over the place with the pedal flat. If you're looking to hot rod, you'll be disappointed. Every passenger added destroys the acceleration. Now that I'm just dumb and stupid though, power isn't an issue. This car will get you where you're going. You might not be the first there, but you're guaranteed to arrive. This car will never give you up or let you down. It is the Miyagi to your Daniel Larusso, the utility belt to your Batman, the Sancho Panza to your Don Quixote. It will follow you to the ends of the earth, and faithfully drive you back when you decide that the ends of the earth are boring and there's probably something good on TV right now. The '94 Sentra is such an amazing car that it is still being produced today in Mexico, under the name 'Tsuru'. Somewhat cheaper interior materials, but still being made. How can you ignore the savings? The efficiency? The legacy? I have been through a '65 Mustang, two '91 Geo Metro Convertibles, '04 PT Cruiser, '81 El Camino, '05 Mustang, and an '02 Elantra. And through all of these, the Sentra has always won and always kept running. I love this car, and always will. I will be buried in it so if I ever come back from the dead, I'm guaranteed to have a dependable car. Oh, and this particular model was manufactured in the US at Nissan's factory in Smyrna, TN. So you can rest easy knowing you're buying a product made in America, even if the badge is Japanese."

I love this car!

By on Monday, June 03, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable, great visibility, dependable"

Cons: "That would be it - no cup holders"

"I bought this new and absolutely love this car. It has been very dependable, only has 98K miles on it, and mechanics are always asking me to sell them the car."

50 mpg highway, 30-35 in town!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pros: "fabulous mileage, cheap to run and insure, cute"

Cons: "cheap interior except seats good, holds up well"

"never had any other car comparable. got this 1993 nissan sentra e 2 door, fire engine red. cute as a bug! 214000 miles on engine, never an engine problem yet! replaced clutch recently, $750, some battery charging problems, not strongly built, but boy is it reliable and cheap to run! easy on gas, inexpensive insurance. actually clocked it at 50 mpg from michigan to chicago and back on the highway. couldn't believe it! there will always be money in your pocket driving it. people try to buy it from me all the time. 30-35 mpg in town. 10 gallon tank = 300+ miles. skirting rusted because i didn't have a garage, only a carport, but rest of car is okay. great in snow with michelin arctic tires and some ballast in the trunk."

BEST CAR EVER

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "Great price"

"I bought this vehicle new in 1992 as my first car and it has been with me through thick and thin and it continues to go. Other than regular scheduled maintenance and normal wear and tear components, my car has not given me any problems. I average 300 miles to one tank of gas."

Reliable!

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive. Easy to park. Awesome turning radius"

Cons: "Sm cp hld, man wdw and lck, stck intr is blah."

"I've had my Sentra for 6 years and it has been an extremely reliable car. Only problem was replacing the clutch which is expected after 15 years. Easy to park, fun to drive, quick to wash. Very small car with limited capacity but for a college kid it was a great car. I've been everywhere in this car and it has been reliable and steady on every trip. Now that I'm older and making a 3 hour commute each day this car is still holding up but it's almost time to retire the old friend."

Extremely Reliable

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "great gas. Doesnt break down"

Cons: "Women hate it :)"

"I got this car as a 16 year old(8 years ago) I was neglectful as all kids are and the car is still going. I have driven coast to coast and all over the country. It is a ugly little car but the most economical and reliable vehicle I know of. I have owned a few used cars (mustang, Cadillac) and when they need major work I simply sold them off and dusted off the old Nissan from the back yard. Best car ever."

Great First Car!

By on Saturday, January 07, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, small"

Cons: "no middle console/extra storage"

"This is my first car and I've had it for over a year now. I wasn't very excited about the car when I got it but I have fallen in love with it. I haven't had any major problems with it and it's pretty easy to maintain the car. It drives great."

Good car, malicious mechanics

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "good but old now"

Cons: "old and no mechanics who want to repair them well"

"I bought this old car, I know is old, but I feel that with a good mechanic, it can last for good. I believe that this is a good car, but needs maintenance and care, with good mechanics and not the usual ones that want to fool a woman, this would be a nice, affordable and lasting car, despite its age."

Great mpg, reliable

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "great price,mpg,runs good,quality built,leg room"

"i bought this car on feb 1 2011 for 100 bucks even though its worth more than that, and have put about 6000 miles on the car and everything is still original all ive had to change was the water pump and oil seal. they were due for change though because they still said nissan on them lol. i love this car wouldnt trade it for nothing."

great gas mileage and reliable car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "economical and reliable"

Cons: "no get up and go, especially difficult in altitude"

"This is not a fast car, but it has excellent mileage and has had practically no problems over the years (12 1/2 years as owner). I bought this car with 10,500 miles on it and have had to replace 2 CV boots, alternator, brakes, belts, an O2 sensor... the usual wear and tear stuff. I bought it for 7400 used and have put over 133,000 miles on it. It just keeps going...very little cost per mile...no signs of stopping now. I plan to keep it until I can pay cash for my next car--likely a similar compact, well-built reliable car as well."

Great on gas and super reliable

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "good mpg, reliable"

Cons: "n/a"

"i've owned this car since 30k miles on it and i now have 182k miles on it. during that time parts i had to replace were: alternator 2x, starter, fuel pump, battery 2x. solid solid car.. Transmission is starting to stick in second a bit but getting a full tranny service on it for $100 should clear that up. Great mpg and with bigger rims and tires it shreds corners."

My first car which was one of my best choices

By on Thursday, October 13, 2011

Pros: "dependable, strong motor and transmission"

Cons: "no middle storage dept, no space inside"

"this car was my first car i bought it for $1000 and i've had the car for a year now. i've kept good care of this car with regular maintenance and checkups. Luckily my grandfather is a mechanic becuase i've hardly had to put any money into my car. I've gotten my $1000's worth. i am looking to get a new csr and i will keep my Sentra and maybe give it to my little brother. The only thing i can say i dont like is that the inside is small and there's no kind of middle storage department like other cars."

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "easy to repair, parts are cheap, great on gas"

Cons: "small cup holders, lower seat cushion is a bit hard and not comfortable"

"I have had a lot of cars over the years, from new Porsches to Accords to Mini Coopers, and by far this has probably been the best and cheapest car to own, Very good on gas, parts are cheap and its easy to work on. I only paid $100 for it 4 years ago, it won't die on me, passes emissions and inspections with ease, I use it as a car to get to work, its never let me down, good in the snow. Only complaint, the seats are not the most comfortable, but I can live with it. It was a well built and designed cheap car, I love it. I wish I could find another some day with low miles."

how can u beat walking?

By on Monday, September 26, 2011

Pros: "not sensitive like newer model cars today, parts consider cheap if avail"

Cons: "no A/C sys, no garage or parking so bad body paint, rust runs fast,"

"13 mi fr NYC, still have mine is 1990 2 dr silver got 12 yr ago,not perfect,leisure stop"

bullet proof

By on Friday, September 09, 2011

Pros: "cheap to fix, great gas mileage"

Cons: "ugly, old, and randomly has things wrong with it"

"This was my very first car and ive had it for 4 years now. I've had a few issues with it and it makes some crazy noises but for being so old, its a pretty reliable car. I wouldnt buy this car if i was picking something out because its ugly but its cheap to fix, cheap to drive (gas wise) and i feel like it will never break down."

38 mpg

By on Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pros: "Economical and reliable when properly maintained"

Cons: "Weird electrical hiccups coming on with age"

"I bought this car at 63560 miles for $3000 in '07. I now have 182000 miles on it in '11. I had some initial problems that were probably due to lack of exercise before I got it. Anyway, for a 50 yo woman, I work on it pretty successfully. But, yes, sometimes it helps to be a contorsionist! When I first got it I averaged about 35 mpg. When the injectors started going bad, mileage dropped to about 30 mpg. After replacing them, I average 38 mpg - no kidding."

best

By on Saturday, August 20, 2011

"reliable"

its fair .

By on Sunday, August 14, 2011

"its dependale for me"

GETS ME AROUND TOWN

By on Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"THIS VEHICLE HAS RETAINED IT'S VALUE IN THE 4 YRS. I HAVE HAD IT. BUT AS FAR AS PICKUP AND MILEAGE...I FEEL LIKE BARNEY RUBBLE DRIVING A DINOSAUR ,GAS MILEAGE HAS BEEN POOR..AND IF I AM GOING UP IN ELEVATION...I NEED TO GET MY FEET TO THE GROUND & RUN 'EM ! ALL THAT ASIDE, IT HAS GOTTEN ME WHERE I NEED TO GO. ALWAYS A PLUS"

Decent car pain to work on

By on Tuesday, April 26, 2011

"Really decent car have had problems with the timing chain which is apparently a common problem, ridiculously hard to replace took me more then a few days and a whole lot of foul language"

By on Sunday, March 13, 2011