1994 Nissan Sentra

8.4

Based on 137 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

Just Won't Die

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"I received my Sentra in 1997 with 70K miles on it. It has now has 268,000 mi. It is one tough little car and one that will cruise down any road. I have the coupe version, which kind of looks like an older BMW 3 series. It has A/C, cruise, and power mirrors, which still all work today. Even the all the dash and control bulbs still work. Never had to replace any of them. Just the usual maintenance, oil, tires, fluids. One of the fuel injectors went bad at about 190K mi., which caused stuttering on acceleration. It was about a $200 fix. Thermostat went out around 200K mi. and so did the transmission. Which, was one of the biggest expense cost, it was $800 to replace. I'm sure if you went to a junk yard to part one, it would have been a lot cheaper. Other than that, the car refuses to die. I have left it sitting a couple of times for over a year. I just charge the battery and it fired right up, kind of like Frankenstein coming back to life. Over the years, it has become a great, reliable car that never left me stranded."

bullet proof

By on Friday, September 09, 2011

Pros: "cheap to fix, great gas mileage"

Cons: "ugly, old, and randomly has things wrong with it"

"This was my very first car and ive had it for 4 years now. I've had a few issues with it and it makes some crazy noises but for being so old, its a pretty reliable car. I wouldnt buy this car if i was picking something out because its ugly but its cheap to fix, cheap to drive (gas wise) and i feel like it will never break down."

Superior vehicle !!!!

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"This is without equal the best car I have ever owned. I got it 5 yrs ago at 87,000 miles & now it has 230,000+ miles. NEVER any problems!!! Cold AC, uses no oil, interior holding up great, exterior has no rust, paint still very good. I put 85,000 mile Pirelli tires on it last year for $227 !!! Can't beat that. I LOVE this car & hope it lasts another 230,000 miles. I strongly recommend Nissans !!!"

Extremely Reliable

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "great gas. Doesnt break down"

Cons: "Women hate it :)"

"I got this car as a 16 year old(8 years ago) I was neglectful as all kids are and the car is still going. I have driven coast to coast and all over the country. It is a ugly little car but the most economical and reliable vehicle I know of. I have owned a few used cars (mustang, Cadillac) and when they need major work I simply sold them off and dusted off the old Nissan from the back yard. Best car ever."

By on Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pros: "easy to repair, parts are cheap, great on gas"

Cons: "small cup holders, lower seat cushion is a bit hard and not comfortable"

"I have had a lot of cars over the years, from new Porsches to Accords to Mini Coopers, and by far this has probably been the best and cheapest car to own, Very good on gas, parts are cheap and its easy to work on. I only paid $100 for it 4 years ago, it won't die on me, passes emissions and inspections with ease, I use it as a car to get to work, its never let me down, good in the snow. Only complaint, the seats are not the most comfortable, but I can live with it. It was a well built and designed cheap car, I love it. I wish I could find another some day with low miles."