1994 Nissan Sentra

8.4

Based on 136 Ratings for the 1991 - 1994 models.

The most basic car on the road

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Got the deal I needed to get"

Cons: "had to eventually replace battery, alt, starter"

Not the prettiest of colors!

"Just happened to come across this diamond in the rough being at the right place at the right time. Cost only $900 and had only 62K miles. Have replaced some items but the thing runs real smooth at 85MPH. If they're built right to begin with and maintained correctly, They'll last forever!"

Not the prettiest of colors!

very reliable car

By on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Pros: "economy, easy to drive"

Cons: "some electrical charging problems"

"bought it last year 93,000. i hope they start making cars like these again"

If you can find one, buy it.

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Pros: "Mileage-cost to maintain-small for city parking."

Cons: "Hard to find a manual. It will only last forever."

"I bought a 93' with 185,000mi for $500. It had been sitting for 6 mos. Jump started it and drove home and 3 mos later replaced the clutch, which had never been replaced. I should have made necessary rust repairs but I didn't have time. At 235,000 5yrs later, because of my neglect, I had to let her go. Purred like a kitten too, but the cops were getting to interested. HA HA! I knew alot of them from the pizza shop I delivered for. I made sure to get another one, 94'with 130000mi for $600. This one is 2dr coupe. I might mention both had manual transmissions, as I would never drive an automatic. I could drive this anywhere except on a soft-sand beach. I go everywhere and snicker at those gas-guzzling SUV's. I live in New England but snow is never an issue for me, I look forward to driving around in the storms. I'm a 43yr old guy with 25yrs of professional driving so I can't say everyone would have the same results as I have. I've done a lot of off-road with these as well. obviously not a 4wd but you would be surprised at what these can really do, I have never gotten stuck. The only, I guess you could say complaint, would be they are swayed by heavy cross winds but I find it fun. Again if you can find it, buy it. 91'-94'. You won't be disappointed."

Just Won't Die

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

"I received my Sentra in 1997 with 70K miles on it. It has now has 268,000 mi. It is one tough little car and one that will cruise down any road. I have the coupe version, which kind of looks like an older BMW 3 series. It has A/C, cruise, and power mirrors, which still all work today. Even the all the dash and control bulbs still work. Never had to replace any of them. Just the usual maintenance, oil, tires, fluids. One of the fuel injectors went bad at about 190K mi., which caused stuttering on acceleration. It was about a $200 fix. Thermostat went out around 200K mi. and so did the transmission. Which, was one of the biggest expense cost, it was $800 to replace. I'm sure if you went to a junk yard to part one, it would have been a lot cheaper. Other than that, the car refuses to die. I have left it sitting a couple of times for over a year. I just charge the battery and it fired right up, kind of like Frankenstein coming back to life. Over the years, it has become a great, reliable car that never left me stranded."

this is a great dependable car.

By on Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"this is a good running car, good gas milage, good comfortable,adjustable seats back and seat, and cruise control,heat and air,radio /w cd player."