• 2014 Compact SUVs

2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,500 - $24,099.

9.6

Based on 19 Ratings for the 2014 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

BETTER THAN TOYOTA OR HONDA

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Handling, style, controls, safety, CVT, mpg"

Cons: "Nissan connect doesn't work well with my ipod"

"Purchased my 2014 Rogue SV ''AWD'' 2 months ago I have driven the wheels off it figured was enough time give details. First I'm at work with 30 people the parking lot is crowded so know need safety in a vehicle I have a backup camera/Around View camera with moving object detection works in crowded parking lot, instrument cluster is best in warnings. Navigation display on Rogue very great in voice recognition includes Bose audio and Bluetooth. Its a really powerful crossover the continuously variable transmission does remarkably good job on ratios and refined throttle response. Interior features are at best also equipped with Nissan Connect with great apps for audio. FZ seating is excellent came in leather got available heated seats this crossover is like a minivan in how 60/40 rear folding seat folds great even headrests folds too as 2nd row seats slides up for other passengers to get in 3rd seating. I have the SV tech package in all wheel drive its excellent in handling on highways/interstates. Gets 28 mpg with SV model as window sticker said before making my purchase. Blind spot warning works well it beeped when someone was in my blind spot definitely a great feature that was available best on this crossover. The Rogue might be Nissan's cheaper SUV has the luxury of a much higher SUV with all the options available. Styling is handsome love LED lights and 2 sunroofs which were available on Rogue. No issues in wind noise, don't have a harsh ride or any shortcomings its overall a great SUV in a excellent value."

Nissan Stands Behind Their Car

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfort & Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"I previously wrote a full review about the purchase of my new 2014 Nissan Rogue SL. When I wrote the review I was having a problem with the Nissan Connect. The Corporate Office of Nissan got involved and worked with us to rectify the problem. They stand behind their product and support the customer. We are glad that we bought this car and hope that everyone else enjoys their new Rogue."

Best

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "great price an 33m to a gallon"

Cons: "no heated seats"

"Proud owner of this 2014 Nissan Rogue SV Cayenne Red smooth ride, great gas mileage , perfect for my family. Rated top 3 for best Suv of 2014. fold over second row seat for extra cargo. Loving my new ride would defintely recommend"

Great Car! Excellent Fuel Mileage!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "The Comfort and Feel plus Fuel Economy"

Cons: "None except my cell phone issue."

"After looking at many different makes and models we decided to buy the new 2014 Nissan Rogue SL. We are glad we made this purchase. The car drives very well with excellent acceleration. The CVT transmission is very smooth. The car feels very big and roomy inside. The new zero gravity seats are very comfortable. I am having a problem with the cell phone connection however Nissan tells me that they are fixing the problems. Look out Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Subaru there is a new car in town!"

The best CUV

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, super interior, attractive exterior"

Cons: "some noise when accelerate"

"I test drove Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester and Nissan Rogue 2014. I skipped Toyota Rav4 because their small overlap front test was rated POOR by IIHS. Ford Escape was very sporty and attractive, but it was more expensive. Moreover, I was concerned about reliability. Mazda CX-5 is another nice option for its exterior and sporty driving dynamic, but it was too noisy on the highway, unbearable to me. Subaru Forester is a wonderful car with its visibility, improving driving dynamic (smooth & responsive) great reliability and safety, but the interior was so austere. I felt that I was driving a car made in 90’s. Honda CRV was a strong contender with a well balance between practicality and design. The ride was smooth and soft. The reliability is excellent, but the interior was inferior compare to Nissan Rogue ’14. Here are my opinion and observation of Nissan Rogue ’14 after a month of driving. Positive: • Fuel efficiency: highway 30-35 mpg with light foot, local 13-23 mpg (the farther you drive, the better fuel efficiency). Combined: 27-29 mpg. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with constant speed around 60-65 mi/hr. For some reason, with multiple stops, the fuel economy can drop significantly. • Super interior and attractive exterior • Large cargo space. Divide-N-Hide system is a great idea & versatile. • Backup camera and bird-eye view. Very useful while parking. • Comfortable seats • A lot of leg and head room for both front and rear. I’m 5’8. • The 2nd row seats can move back and forth. You can also adjust to lean back. • Has a vent for the 2nd row seat • High safety ratings. • Navigation and Bluetooth works well. Has ability to listen and answer text msg without touching a screen (I avoid answering txt msg anyway). Basically, the tech stuff is impressive. • Quiet cabinet Major Negative: • CVT makes acceleration sluggish, but adequate for normal commuting. Merging highway is not an issue yet. • CVT is louder, but tolerable (like a purr). • Only 170 horse power. It’s adequate for driving in flat area like TX, but probably under power if there are a lot of hills. Minor negative: • The button O/D on the stick shift is too easy to be accidently pushed by your forearm while setting up to charge the phone or reaching the front tray (in front of the stick shift and near the charging outlet). A few times, I saw the yellow light O/D lighten up in the speedometer, so I hit it again to turn off the yellow light. • It would be nice to display channel number of the radio station on the memory buttons on the touch screen since they remove the physical buttons to memorize the channels and put them on the touchscreen (1-6). I like the way it is done in Toyota. • Limited visibility b/c of thick pillar in front and curved C pillars (a trade-off for stylish), compensated by the rear camera. I can live with this. • The switch for turning left/right signals is too stiff while the headlight mode is too soft. It should be the other way around. I usually set my headlight in Auto mode, but it was accidently turned to another mode when I turned my signal. Handling: the steering wheel is a little bit heavy. However, it handles well overall, and the car is responsive. The suspension is slightly stiffer compare to Honda CRV. Overall, I feel that it drives smoothly and responsively. I would have picked Nissan Rogue ’14 over Honda CRV ’14 or other cars that I mentioned if I had to do it over. Nissan Rogue will be a serious competition in this segment with its redesigned exterior and interior, decent driving dynamic, practicality and excellent fuel economy."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25