2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,125 - $23,818.

Based on 66 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

The best CUV

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, super interior, attractive exterior"

Cons: "some noise when accelerate"

"I test drove Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester and Nissan Rogue 2014. I skipped Toyota Rav4 because their small overlap front test was rated POOR by IIHS. Ford Escape was very sporty and attractive, but it was more expensive. Moreover, I was concerned about reliability. Mazda CX-5 is another nice option for its exterior and sporty driving dynamic, but it was too noisy on the highway, unbearable to me. Subaru Forester is a wonderful car with its visibility, improving driving dynamic (smooth & responsive) great reliability and safety, but the interior was so austere. I felt that I was driving a car made in 90’s. Honda CRV was a strong contender with a well balance between practicality and design. The ride was smooth and soft. The reliability is excellent, but the interior was inferior compare to Nissan Rogue ’14. Here are my opinion and observation of Nissan Rogue ’14 after a month of driving. Positive: • Fuel efficiency: highway 30-35 mpg with light foot, local 13-23 mpg (the farther you drive, the better fuel efficiency). Combined: 27-29 mpg. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with constant speed around 60-65 mi/hr. For some reason, with multiple stops, the fuel economy can drop significantly. • Super interior and attractive exterior • Large cargo space. Divide-N-Hide system is a great idea & versatile. • Backup camera and bird-eye view. Very useful while parking. • Comfortable seats • A lot of leg and head room for both front and rear. I’m 5’8. • The 2nd row seats can move back and forth. You can also adjust to lean back. • Has a vent for the 2nd row seat • High safety ratings. • Navigation and Bluetooth works well. Has ability to listen and answer text msg without touching a screen (I avoid answering txt msg anyway). Basically, the tech stuff is impressive. • Quiet cabinet Major Negative: • CVT makes acceleration sluggish, but adequate for normal commuting. Merging highway is not an issue yet. • CVT is louder, but tolerable (like a purr). • Only 170 horse power. It’s adequate for driving in flat area like TX, but probably under power if there are a lot of hills. Minor negative: • The button O/D on the stick shift is too easy to be accidently pushed by your forearm while setting up to charge the phone or reaching the front tray (in front of the stick shift and near the charging outlet). A few times, I saw the yellow light O/D lighten up in the speedometer, so I hit it again to turn off the yellow light. • It would be nice to display channel number of the radio station on the memory buttons on the touch screen since they remove the physical buttons to memorize the channels and put them on the touchscreen (1-6). I like the way it is done in Toyota. • Limited visibility b/c of thick pillar in front and curved C pillars (a trade-off for stylish), compensated by the rear camera. I can live with this. • The switch for turning left/right signals is too stiff while the headlight mode is too soft. It should be the other way around. I usually set my headlight in Auto mode, but it was accidently turned to another mode when I turned my signal. Handling: the steering wheel is a little bit heavy. However, it handles well overall, and the car is responsive. The suspension is slightly stiffer compare to Honda CRV. Overall, I feel that it drives smoothly and responsively. I would have picked Nissan Rogue ’14 over Honda CRV ’14 or other cars that I mentioned if I had to do it over. Nissan Rogue will be a serious competition in this segment with its redesigned exterior and interior, decent driving dynamic, practicality and excellent fuel economy."

Loving it so far!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Attractive in and out, versatile, amazing tech!!"

Cons: "Tad underpowered, noisy cvt, embarrassing horn"

"As a father with two young children, I needed something that was functional, but not devoid of style. I hadn't even considered the Rogue as the outgoing model was fugly and boring. While researching a Mazda CX5 (my first choice) I noticed a Rogue ad and was intrigued enough to give it a test drive. My first impression was WOW! What an improvement over the old model! The exterior looks more like a Lexus or a much more expensive SUV (plus its not as girly looking as many others), and the interior was incredibly well done. Slightly understated, but very functional and attractive and not at all gaudy like the '08-13 model. It all felt much larger than its class as well. For me the features for the price put this well above any CUV in my price range. I ended up getting the SV model with AWD (Michigan winters) and the premium package which comes with nav, power liftgate, and a slew of awesome safety tech like the aroundview 4 camera monitor, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warnings, and moving object detection. Having kids, these features give piece of mind which is priceless. I also love the amount of storage and possible configurations of the divide n hide storage system and folding seats for trips to Home Depot. As for actual driving, I had to take it down a couple points for power. I am more of a utilitarian guy, so I don't need a racecar, but the acceleration and the cvt leave a bit to be desired. This can be slightly improved by switching into sport mode, which I have found useful for highway merging. The tranny also is a bit noisy but nothing that I can't overlook. The mileage is great, although I'm not getting nearly what was advertised. If I keep it consistent around 50 mph, I can easily get mid 30s mpg, but throw in some hills and stops and it quickly drops to mid 20s. Also highway speeds seem to drop it to high 20s. Overall with 2/3 highway and 1/3 city driving I am getting around 25 mpg which is a little disappointing but acceptable. The actual handling of the vehicle is great though. The feedback is outstanding and the ride is smooth and very quiet (other than the cvt noise). The awd is also very well done. It is all time awd and only kicks in power to the rear when needed. There is also a button that provides 50/50 power distribution when needed on ice or deep snow, but is reserved for speeds under 20 Mph. So far it seems like a beast in the snow, and I have had no problems whatsoever. Being a bit of a tech geek, this car is leaps and bounds above any vehicle I have ever seen. The large 7" nav screen is bright and attractive and is one of the best nav systems I have seen. It also synchs with my iphone and allows Bluetooth phone, email, and text reading as well as music streaming and contact importing. You can also use Facebook on it if you're into that sort of thing. There is also a slick driver info center between the tach and speedometer which is incredible. It shows you colored overlays of thing like tire pressure monitoring, real time and accumulated mpg's, front and rear awd power distribution, turn by turn nav, and driving aid feedback. It just takes the vehicle to another level. The led running lights are also really cool and ad some nice road presence. There is also a button cluster down and to the left of the steering wheel that has options for your awd, sport mode for better acceleration, and hill assist features. This vehicle really has no shortage of wow features if you are not used to driving a Lexus or Mercedes. Overall the only negatives I can come up with are the lack of power and the slightly noisy cvt. Also in a weird design decision, Nissan apparently selected a horn from a small European microcar. I am too embarrassed to honk at people so I switched to putting down the window and yelling obscenities instead;). I had to leave off reliability ratings since I have only owned for a week, but as of right now I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you are into high tech, safety conscious, attractive (inside and out), fun to drive awd vehicles that give outstanding bang for the buck, you can't go wrong here!!!"

The right decision

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Storage, comfort, nav blu tooth system, 360 camera"

Cons: "Dunlop tires. Everything else great"

"Traded 2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited, wow what an upgrade. Better comfort, much better sound system, more room, quieter, easier access, greater storage. CVT not an issue, 4 cylinder has more power than my Hyundai. I am very pleased with the operation of the CVT. T.he complaints I have read seem very nit picky. Of course I am not a professional reviewer, personally I find the Rogue as quiet if not more so than my Hyundai. Storage area,with its adjustable panels is great and the 360 view camera is fantastic. Premium option package is worth the price. It includes one of the best moon roofs I have ever had and a booming Bose audio system, crank it up and WOW. Also has three warning systems, frontal collision, blind spot, lane crossing. These cannot prevent an accident but do give a heads up. Back up camera and cross warning is superb. Very pleasant to drive,minimum road noise and quite comfortable. Seating position and tilt wheel allow for many body types. Have not enough miles to pass judgement on mileage, all driving has been city. Avg so far 22. Interior on par with upscale SUVs, Lexus, Cadillac, Lincoln. No comparison to RAV 4s syntheic leather and weird looking door panels. Very well finished. Touch screen system and blue tooth extremely easy to use. Navigation and APPS cannot be beat! Adults and children will really enjoy the elevated rear seat. They get a really good view out the windows and have fore and aft movement. Another nice Nissan touch. Rear doors open much wider than others for easier entry and loading. Exterior really nice to look at, classy,clean and tasteful,love the design. Rav 4 had too much black plastic trim, Mazda CX5 looks like Hyundai same for Ford Escape, Honda still looks same as 5 years ago. LED running lights look cool shame they could not put LEDs in rear lights. Over all this is an excellent SUV and I am very pleased with my purchase, really love this vehicle! Like I first said it blows the doors of my Tucson and my sons Equinox is not in the same ballpark. Yes I did like my Tucson, no problems, a good car but this Rogue is way ahead in so many ways. There is one negative, Nissan put on Dunlop ST30 tire, yuck! Really poorly reviewed. Hey they are not permanent, but a poor choice for a vehicle of this caliber .Nissan you blew it on the tires! That's it folks, hope my review helps."

3rd Rogue I've owned...glad I bought it!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Price, design and improvements and driveability"

Cons: "Maps on navigation are not as up to date"

"This is my 3rd Rogue and I am more than pleased with the changes and upgrades made to this model year. The technology feaures were a very important factor in the decision to buy this SUV. The redesigns inside and out are top notch and have lifted this economical vehicle into a class of it's own. Extremely pleasing to the eye on the outside and inside the comfort and convenience of all the changes are exceptional. The new seats both front and back are very confortable even on long drives and the improved legroom and addition of rear AC vent is a huge plus for me. I am sure I will be driving this car for many years to come and I am sure I will have no regrets!"

Now that's a SUV from future!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Looks, Space, Sunroof, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Dealers don't have enough cars in stock!"

"I am usually very picky with my cars and when in this winter, I lost my 2011 CRV, I was pushed in the market for a new car. The 2014 Rogue SL with premium package just blew me off with its next gen features and looks and I could not be more happy with it. Absolutely everything is perfect. I test drove Honda CRV, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester, Ford Escape Jeep Cherokee and Nissan Rogue 2014. Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester and the Nissan Rogue made it to the top three on my list. I found the Rogue to be more spacious, better looking, most recently refreshed and ready with future technologies. The voice recognition works great with the navigation system, bluetooth calling and nissan connect apps. The divide and hide trunk is great for groceries. The seats are very comfortable, and the look of it, inside and out, is jaw dropping! I got so many compliments from random people on the street! The sound system rocks and the safety features like the blind spot indicator, etc. are very helpful. We love the headlights too! White headlamps are great for night driving while the LED lights make it great looking in the day. The sunroof is huge and there is plenty of room at the back. This is a really fun car to drive. I got about 32+ mpg on my recent 400 mile trip to DC for Cherry Blossom festival. I can't say enough wonderful things about this vehicle and would absolutely recommend it!"

Smooth ride and comfortable.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Everything is good"

Cons: "Nothing"

On my first road trip

"I bought and fully loaded SL a car couple of weeks ago and I am loving it. It has a very smooth transmission. Its easy to ride and has a good grip on road. I am yet to explore a lot in this car but as of now I am enjoying every bit of it. On my last trip, i got my best MPG as 32.9, that also when I was driving at a speed of 50 miles per hour."

On my first road trip

Nissan Stands Behind Their Car

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfort & Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"I previously wrote a full review about the purchase of my new 2014 Nissan Rogue SL. When I wrote the review I was having a problem with the Nissan Connect. The Corporate Office of Nissan got involved and worked with us to rectify the problem. They stand behind their product and support the customer. We are glad that we bought this car and hope that everyone else enjoys their new Rogue."

A Great Car! We are very happy with it.

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Overall Performance & Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Nissan Connect Program - They should have held off"

"I purchased my Nissan Rogue SL February of 2014. This vehicle is very nice and it is fun to drive. I keep reading about all these complaints about lack of power and the CVT “drone”. I find this vehicle to be very powerful and it produces enough speed to comfortably move along with traffic. I’ve had other Nissan models with the CVT and I have found that you have to learn how to drive it. This is not a conventional transmission. There are two opposing pulleys that are driven by a metal belt. If you apply too much throttle the RPM’s will rise quickly and the engine will race. Try moderating your throttle movement while trying to keep the RPM’s low and you will find that the vehicle will respond without all the noise. When climbing hills I start off with more acceleration and back off and find that the vehicle will maintain speed. The new CVT with the D-Step acts as an overdrive which allows the vehicle to maintain speed at a lower RPM. The CVT is where the fuel economy comes from. The seats are very comfortable and have multiple adjustments. On our first road trip we averaged 30.5 MPG in a combination of stop and go and freeway driving. The braking system and handling were superb! The overall appearance, performance, and comfort are excellent, finally a mid-size SUV with outstanding fuel economy. We are having problems with the Nissan Connect and the compatibility with my cell phone which has caused some issues. I am not going to take out that frustration on the overall rating of this vehicle."

GREAT FOR BIG GUYS N GALS

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Value for price"

Cons: "None so far."

"Great mid sized SUV. I'm over 6' with a large build and am very comfortable driving this vehicle. The third row seat is comfortable for small children. Was able to travel with my son, his wife and three small kiddies. Great pep for a 2.5 engine. Nice audio system for standard stock. The SV has the back up camera and push button start and smart entry key system. The LED lighting is really cool. Exceptional ride for a smaller SUV. The ride is very smooth on the interstate and the car does not struggle at 75 MPH> This is my third Nissan and I'm very satisfied."

finally a stylish and quality suv

By on Monday, February 17, 2014

Pros: "360 camera, unique,everything enhances,total>sum"

Cons: "none uncovered"

"I needed to replace 2000 A6,and started looking at options since May. There really wasn't much to get excited over cx5, forester and crv were 30k to get a pkg that was comfortable. Then came Rogue,that delivers the goods in all areas,style,economy,4WD,engine/cvt drive train,tech,comfort,inovation,safety,and value. So glad I waited. This is a grand slam,so get ready to see a lot of them on the road. Look at the others or save the time, the Rogue can't loose."