• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,931 - $22,500.

9.3

Based on 31 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next

Great Car! Excellent Fuel Mileage!

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "The Comfort and Feel plus Fuel Economy"

Cons: "None except my cell phone issue."

"After looking at many different makes and models we decided to buy the new 2014 Nissan Rogue SL. We are glad we made this purchase. The car drives very well with excellent acceleration. The CVT transmission is very smooth. The car feels very big and roomy inside. The new zero gravity seats are very comfortable. I am having a problem with the cell phone connection however Nissan tells me that they are fixing the problems. Look out Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Subaru there is a new car in town!"

The best CUV

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, super interior, attractive exterior"

Cons: "some noise when accelerate"

"I test drove Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester and Nissan Rogue 2014. I skipped Toyota Rav4 because their small overlap front test was rated POOR by IIHS. Ford Escape was very sporty and attractive, but it was more expensive. Moreover, I was concerned about reliability. Mazda CX-5 is another nice option for its exterior and sporty driving dynamic, but it was too noisy on the highway, unbearable to me. Subaru Forester is a wonderful car with its visibility, improving driving dynamic (smooth & responsive) great reliability and safety, but the interior was so austere. I felt that I was driving a car made in 90’s. Honda CRV was a strong contender with a well balance between practicality and design. The ride was smooth and soft. The reliability is excellent, but the interior was inferior compare to Nissan Rogue ’14. Here are my opinion and observation of Nissan Rogue ’14 after a month of driving. Positive: • Fuel efficiency: highway 30-35 mpg with light foot, local 13-23 mpg (the farther you drive, the better fuel efficiency). Combined: 27-29 mpg. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with constant speed around 60-65 mi/hr. For some reason, with multiple stops, the fuel economy can drop significantly. • Super interior and attractive exterior • Large cargo space. Divide-N-Hide system is a great idea & versatile. • Backup camera and bird-eye view. Very useful while parking. • Comfortable seats • A lot of leg and head room for both front and rear. I’m 5’8. • The 2nd row seats can move back and forth. You can also adjust to lean back. • Has a vent for the 2nd row seat • High safety ratings. • Navigation and Bluetooth works well. Has ability to listen and answer text msg without touching a screen (I avoid answering txt msg anyway). Basically, the tech stuff is impressive. • Quiet cabinet Major Negative: • CVT makes acceleration sluggish, but adequate for normal commuting. Merging highway is not an issue yet. • CVT is louder, but tolerable (like a purr). • Only 170 horse power. It’s adequate for driving in flat area like TX, but probably under power if there are a lot of hills. Minor negative: • The button O/D on the stick shift is too easy to be accidently pushed by your forearm while setting up to charge the phone or reaching the front tray (in front of the stick shift and near the charging outlet). A few times, I saw the yellow light O/D lighten up in the speedometer, so I hit it again to turn off the yellow light. • It would be nice to display channel number of the radio station on the memory buttons on the touch screen since they remove the physical buttons to memorize the channels and put them on the touchscreen (1-6). I like the way it is done in Toyota. • Limited visibility b/c of thick pillar in front and curved C pillars (a trade-off for stylish), compensated by the rear camera. I can live with this. • The switch for turning left/right signals is too stiff while the headlight mode is too soft. It should be the other way around. I usually set my headlight in Auto mode, but it was accidently turned to another mode when I turned my signal. Handling: the steering wheel is a little bit heavy. However, it handles well overall, and the car is responsive. The suspension is slightly stiffer compare to Honda CRV. Overall, I feel that it drives smoothly and responsively. I would have picked Nissan Rogue ’14 over Honda CRV ’14 or other cars that I mentioned if I had to do it over. Nissan Rogue will be a serious competition in this segment with its redesigned exterior and interior, decent driving dynamic, practicality and excellent fuel economy."

The right decision

By on Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pros: "Storage, comfort, nav blu tooth system, 360 camera"

Cons: "Dunlop tires. Everything else great"

"Traded 2010 Hyundai Tucson Limited, wow what an upgrade. Better comfort, much better sound system, more room, quieter, easier access, greater storage. CVT not an issue, 4 cylinder has more power than my Hyundai. I am very pleased with the operation of the CVT. T.he complaints I have read seem very nit picky. Of course I am not a professional reviewer, personally I find the Rogue as quiet if not more so than my Hyundai. Storage area,with its adjustable panels is great and the 360 view camera is fantastic. Premium option package is worth the price. It includes one of the best moon roofs I have ever had and a booming Bose audio system, crank it up and WOW. Also has three warning systems, frontal collision, blind spot, lane crossing. These cannot prevent an accident but do give a heads up. Back up camera and cross warning is superb. Very pleasant to drive,minimum road noise and quite comfortable. Seating position and tilt wheel allow for many body types. Have not enough miles to pass judgement on mileage, all driving has been city. Avg so far 22. Interior on par with upscale SUVs, Lexus, Cadillac, Lincoln. No comparison to RAV 4s syntheic leather and weird looking door panels. Very well finished. Touch screen system and blue tooth extremely easy to use. Navigation and APPS cannot be beat! Adults and children will really enjoy the elevated rear seat. They get a really good view out the windows and have fore and aft movement. Another nice Nissan touch. Rear doors open much wider than others for easier entry and loading. Exterior really nice to look at, classy,clean and tasteful,love the design. Rav 4 had too much black plastic trim, Mazda CX5 looks like Hyundai same for Ford Escape, Honda still looks same as 5 years ago. LED running lights look cool shame they could not put LEDs in rear lights. Over all this is an excellent SUV and I am very pleased with my purchase, really love this vehicle! Like I first said it blows the doors of my Tucson and my sons Equinox is not in the same ballpark. Yes I did like my Tucson, no problems, a good car but this Rogue is way ahead in so many ways. There is one negative, Nissan put on Dunlop ST30 tire, yuck! Really poorly reviewed. Hey they are not permanent, but a poor choice for a vehicle of this caliber .Nissan you blew it on the tires! That's it folks, hope my review helps."

Nissan has got it on the right track

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage, CVT trans, comfortable"

Cons: "none at this time"

"After the past 6 years these crossovers they were just plain old cheap from an more economical car but now I love my Rogue SV its full of luxury as a Lexus vehicle now. If getting the technology package will paid for better options any chose you make from SL or SV. Acceleration is effortless when putting the pedal to the floor it goes faster as a jet ski. CVT transmission is very smooth and powerful doesn't ''jerk or shudders'' like once before read reviews. The options are a steal! Rogue was nicely equipped with navigation, SXM radio, Bluetooth, panoramic sunroof, heated seats, leather interior, steering wheel controls, EZ flex seating, gas mileage is overall 32mpg on highway. Fit and finish materials really perfect. Handles smooth, drives fantastic, its plenty of roomy with having great dimensions. Even like the Altima was equipped with ''Zero gravity seats'' so comfortable on Rogue plus exterior looks luxury instead of a crossover being cheaper and saves on gas its unique in all its features. Nissan Quality has definitely changed a lot on how all their vehicles are starting to be more luxury instead family or cheap crossovers but would buy Rogue over CR-V and RAV4 crossovers because its more appealing to drive."

A Great Car! We are very happy with it.

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Pros: "Overall Performance & Fuel Economy"

Cons: "Nissan Connect Program - They should have held off"

"I purchased my Nissan Rogue SL February of 2014. This vehicle is very nice and it is fun to drive. I keep reading about all these complaints about lack of power and the CVT “drone”. I find this vehicle to be very powerful and it produces enough speed to comfortably move along with traffic. I’ve had other Nissan models with the CVT and I have found that you have to learn how to drive it. This is not a conventional transmission. There are two opposing pulleys that are driven by a metal belt. If you apply too much throttle the RPM’s will rise quickly and the engine will race. Try moderating your throttle movement while trying to keep the RPM’s low and you will find that the vehicle will respond without all the noise. When climbing hills I start off with more acceleration and back off and find that the vehicle will maintain speed. The new CVT with the D-Step acts as an overdrive which allows the vehicle to maintain speed at a lower RPM. The CVT is where the fuel economy comes from. The seats are very comfortable and have multiple adjustments. On our first road trip we averaged 30.5 MPG in a combination of stop and go and freeway driving. The braking system and handling were superb! The overall appearance, performance, and comfort are excellent, finally a mid-size SUV with outstanding fuel economy. We are having problems with the Nissan Connect and the compatibility with my cell phone which has caused some issues. I am not going to take out that frustration on the overall rating of this vehicle."

Previous | 1 ... 4 5 6 7 | Next