2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,738 - $22,329.

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 90 days within 250 miles.

Based on 41 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Very stylish and comfort is a plus.

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "Lacks the get up and go power."

"Gas mileage is great for a s.u.v. Love the control and the way it drives. A very stylish vehicle for what it is. Love it!!"

All was well until 745 miles

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "rear view camera"

Cons: "no push button start, speaker sound quality"

"We traded in our dying 2006 Nissan pathfinder for a 2015 Nissan rogue sv 2wd. When searching for the right rogue we requested metallic blue but the dealership we were purchasing from did not have one so they DROVE one from another dealership. Added 200 miles to the car before it was even purchased. Asked for no special package, but it did have mud guards and pin striping (I didn't even know that was still a thing). I test drove another rogue that was the same model and liked it. I test drove this one and it didn't change my opinion. So we decided to purchase it. We put on 500 miles in two weeks, we live out of the city. I noticed while driving it took a little extra umph to get it up inclines, but nothing I couldn't handle. It sat in the garage all day Friday and Saturday evening me and the family were heading out for some shopping. We back out of the driveway and put the rogue in gear and step on the gas and go nowhere. RPMs don't move past .5. speedometer doesn't go above 5. Turned the car off and back on. Same thing. By this time dealership is closed and they are closed sunday so we call Monday morning and they tow the car to the dealership. Took them 3 days to find out what was wrong and 2 weeks to fix it because of back orders. They had to replaced the entire transmission at 745 miles."

Traded In a 2012 For It

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable seats, LED lights, technology"

Cons: "USB port location"

"We purchased the 2013 Infiniti JX and 2012 Nissan Rogue months apart. We purchased the Infiniti because it has an incredible amount of technology. The Rogue was our get around town car. When the 2014 Rogue came out, there were enough significant changes that made it worth trading in the 2012. The changes in the new Rogue are significant and make the car enjoyable to drive. The seats are incredibly comfortable, the styling is very attractive and the enhancements like blind spot monitoring and forward collision warning are a huge plus. A few owners complain that it doesn't have the memory or heated seats, remote engine start, etc. For those features, you need to look at the Murano or Infiniti. For the price point and comparison to its competition, I think Nissan did a fantastic job with this car. I feel this car handles better than the older models. It does get better milage, but not exactly as posted, but still good. There is plenty of power and overall comfort is very good. The only thing I don't like is the USB port being taken out of the center console and moved to outside in below the dash. I liked having the IPod always hooked up and hidden in the console, and now I have to take it out each time I use it. Just don't like items like this exposed when not in use. It would be nice to have a second USB outlet. I still think the Nissan Connect has a ways to go. It was a pain to connect it when we first got the car. After being synced to the BlueTooth system, it took a while to get the applications to react. Something must have changed because it works better now with the same smart phones. I really like the Google search feature. It is so nice to get a map location without having to pull over. Its also nice to find a listing and call the business while driving. I'd rather have these applications available for long trips. Overall, I'm very impressed with the re-design and don't regret trading in the previous model."

Average value for money and problems!

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "New infotainment system, premium package"

Cons: "Family package, noise, problems connection phone"

"Bought SV with Premium and family Package in October 2014. Since then the car has been to dealer 3-4 times for various defects: 1) Engine noise 2) AC problems 3) Problem with Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System 4) And worse-there is a design defect in adjustment mechanism of third row seat. Adjusting it requires to pull the strap at a particular angle which can cause/aggravate back pain. I contacted Nissan several times but no help from them so far except for standard letter, which states 'Nissan carefully reviewed all the available facts pertaining to you situation. Unfortunately, Nissan is not in a position to repurchase or replace your vehicle at this time'. I do not know what to do-my first Nissan car and I am regretting my decision."

Needed awd==== 2015 nissan rogue sv with premium

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "around view, roomy ,very good in snow"

Cons: "rear vision"

"Traded wifes 2009 nissan cube krom great car but she needed an awd. Mpg on hiway very good (27 to 31 ).not so good in city (15 to 20 ) roomy , rides nice,rear vision bad but has camera , wife happy with her new car,will update later at 3000 miles , (We sure miss the cube ) But I am still happy with my 07 honda ody ."

Overall a good car for the price

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "space, price, style"

Cons: "Mileage not as good as advertised, acceleration"

"I bought this car in June 2014, and by far has driven it for about 10K, mostly highway trips. Pros: good looking, OK price, better MPG than CRV, RAV4, and all American brands. Bigger interior space than most compact SUVs, overall comfortable seats. Cons: The Mileage is not as good as advertised, I tried and got the best 34MPG on optimized condition, meaning I was driving in warm and dry weather, highway, at 60m/h. If driving on 70m/h the mpg will drop to about 24~26, on 80m/h the mpg will drop to about 20. In winter and rainy days, the mpg will be even lower. So this low-horsepower-CVT car is NOT as gas saving as they advertised. The acceleration is a bit weak, not bad but this car is nowhere close to powerful. Overall, it's a good family car for safe driving."

No Remote Start and Memory Seat-

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cons: "NO REMOTE START NO MEMORY SEAT"

"I bought Rogue SL Premium and was extremely disappointed to know the next day that even the most expensive trim has NO REMOTE START and MEMORY SEAT which are common in other manufacturer brands. I felt myself a stupid not looking in detail to check what features it doesn't have. At the same time I felt like I have been duped. I was making selection between Honda RAV4 and Rogue. Felt sorry for not getting RAV4. Quite disappointing."

Love it

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Space, MPG, Technology, Panoramic roof, interior"

Cons: "Engine, Cooled Seat, Heated Steering wheel"

"I came from a 2011 BMW 328XI and wanted/needed something bigger. Not sure how it will do in the snow here in Ohio but have heard well. I actually LOVE this CUV. I have had many luxury cars and this feel like NO exception. There are a few things I miss such as Memory seats, Cooled seats, heated Steering to name a few. But I also gained a lot that makes up for what i didn't have in the last car. Love the MPG even though im not getting whats reported but its a lot better than the BMW and the fact that I no longer have to use PREMIUM gas. Over all I am very satisfied and look forward to traveling to WV for thanksgiving, me and my Dog...."

Luxurious features for a good price.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Around view, overall luxury"

Cons: "Noisy music system, mileage??, noisy seat"

"I have the SV with Premium Package. No regrets. The car is great and for my requirements handles well. I have even driven it up a mountain and back ( 5000 ft elevation ). The Premium Package features spoil you. The around view camera is so cool. Makes parking so easy. The infotainment system is also very user friendly with there being no problems with the blue-tooth. Lots of space in the car and the back seats go down completely in case one needs to carry more stuff. The powered lift gate is very convenient. I have a couple of issues: The acoustics haven't been well thought. Playing the radio more than 2 on the volume setting results in unbearable and distracting vibrations from the doors. This also highlights some of the cheaper plastic parts due to the sound. Wish the speakers in the doors were damped better. I wonder whether this is a problem with only my car or with all the cars. I love the adjustable driver seat. I am a large person and every time I get into the seat I hear a sound which reminds me of threads giving way on an adjustable office chair. Has Nissan used cheaper material for the seat adjuster? I am NOT getting the mileage reported by everyone. My average mileage is about 20mpg and the best so far has been 25.8. But I am not yet at the point where I am worried."

Affordable Luxury Feel

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Exterior and Interior are top of the line"

Cons: "Very few incentives out there to get one"

"It's exciting to step into the SL AWD with premium package 2015 Rogue. With navigation, Bose sound system, 4-outside camera's, soft leather, cool illumination and panoramic moon-roof, this car screams luxury inside. The exterior draws the eyes of passing drivers and with the HID lights in the front, this car has the look of a $60k car driving down the road. Although the engine is relatively small at 170hp, it has good pick-up and does the job. This car is more luxury than sport and muscle."

It's a great car

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

"After spending lot of time researching SUV's, i ended up with Nissan Rouge. It's really great car with comfortable interiors and awesome design.. The one and only complain is noisy engine .. otherwise ..its great car .."

Love this vehicle!!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, stylish, and handles great."

Cons: "None. Love this car."

"Easy to drive, very comfortable, and looks great too. I would buy this car again and again."

First Nissan - really like it!

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, good sized cargo area"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seat"

"First time owning a Nissan (have owned 3 Toyotas, 2 were Rav4s) and so far, so good. I am averaging 27 mpg around town and got 35 on a recent trip out of town! I am wondering if the person who said the seats do not lay flat has a different model ... because that was a MUST HAVE for me and the back seats do go completely flat. Lots of cargo area. Great for dog crates too. Handles nicely, good back up camera, nice exterior (gets a lot of compliments) and so far no problems. My one and only complaint is that the driver/front seats are uncomfortable. Yes I test drove it, but somehow didn't notice it until I was on a longer trip."

2014 Rogue SV FWD

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Pros: "Look, upscale interior, ride, comfort, handling"

Cons: "NASA inspired seats"

"I was driving a 2010 Enclave, but I didn't want this big vehicle for my small family. Driving Enclave felt like a chore in the city and in the parking lots, also the possible future reparing expenses were intimidating.But the same time I didn't want lose the ride comfort. So I test drove CRV and Rav4, I didn't consider domestics because of the reliability issues I faced from the Enclave. Well CRV is ok, but it looks ugly and was not interesting. Rav4 ride was very harsh also it looked ugly especially from the backside. It's like CRV and RAV4 were competing for the Most Ugliest rear end. I don't why in the world people bought 25000 Rav4 in July, it is just hanging on its past glory. Back to Rogue: Rogue looks very masculine, the lines are great, inside is very roomy, interior looks and felt like very upscale. Rogue ride is very comfortable, you can drive it like a car other than the acceleration part. The CVT is very smooth. I was very skeptical about the CVT, well Audi, Lexus,Honda and Toyota uses it. Even Nissan Titan V8 is mated to a CVT. I drove a mountain road with gradual climbing and few turns where I must turn off the ac to avoid engine over heating. Even on this climb I didn't felt for more power and the climb was silky smooth with enough power. Steering is very light in low speeds and precise in Freeway speeds. Favorite features: The average fuel economy monitor will give you the average fuel consumption in the end of each trip. so you know which route and stop signs are consuming more fuel. no other vehicle has it. Also this monitor will teach you coasting and save gas. This is the first vehicle I am watching the RPM and the speedometer so frequently because of this monitor to save gas. it makes each trip fun and exciting. The split rear seat: will give a Captains chair feeling with folded cup holders. It is big enough for 3 adults, sitting high, wide windows, moving and reclining. My kids feel like they are travelling in the front seat and no more straining for the outside/road view. Also they can easily grab a juice/snacks from the back through this gap-if it were placed near this gap. If you have dog it will also appreciate this design-very intelligent design. The Negative: The only negative is the NASA inspired front seats. After couple of hours on freeway the seat is literally sucking you down and back to the seat. I never sat on a driver seat this uncomfortable. The base and the back must be little outward curved and couple of more inches height will make the seat 100 % comfortable for long trips. It is good for short trips, but it makes us sitting straight for longer time in a single position which is not possible and so pressurizing for the back."

A very solid value

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Quality, price and mileage"

Cons: "Would like small dashboard storage on driver side"

"I strongly recommend this car. Very comfortable seats. Very strong highway mileage (recent trip of 500 miles I averaged 32.9 mpg on highway). Nice fitting and detail on both interior and exterior. Plenty of headroom and legroom for driver and passengers. Excellent visibility. Love the rear camera. Good basic sound system. Only drawbacks so far are that rear seats don't seem to fold down completely flat for cargo carrying, and I'd prefer the shade type of privacy system for cargo area (the current design is modular cover system). I've owned 3 CRVs and this compares very well. When purchasing I tested all the competitors in the space, and found this to have the best price/quality rapport (the Mazda CX5 came in second). The manual all-wide drive option is for lower speeds only, and you rely on the computer for any speed over 25mph (the CRVs I owned did not have any manual option)."

Great Small Crossover SUV Practicle and Stylish

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Styling Features Interior Price Mileage Space"

Cons: "Mileage (thought it would be a bit better)"

"I used to sell cars, had looked at all of the compact crossover competition, and driven most of them. We loved the exterior and interior styling/features. My wife and I are used to CVTs. It seems like only the professionals have problems with how CVTs are. It does everything very well and has made us very happy so far. We dont know how well it will hold up as we demand our cars last about 200K with 0 major issues and typically keep them for about 10 years. The first 12K have been totally trouble free (as they should be with ANY new car). Our only dissappointment has been the mileage. We tend to get 27.5ish in mixed driving and 28.5ish on the highway (doing 75mph). We have on rare occasions seen 30 but never 33."

Very Impressive!!!

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "Fuel Mileage & Overall Performance"

Cons: "NONE!"

"We bought this car back in February and we have nothing bad to say about it. It has been very exciting to drive. The CVT is very smooth and the vehicle is powerful enough for us. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anybody. The seats are very comfortable for long rides. We have the SL and the fuel mileage has been great. We have averaged 30 MPG in a combination of local and highway driving."

A few small issues; one big annoyance.

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Fit and finish, quality of materials."

Cons: "Stiff steering, road noise, gas mileage."

"After over 8,000 miles, have found my steering to be quite stiff. It's like the power steering is not providing enough assistance. Dealer said could find no problems. Nissan gave no useful response. Is anyone else having this experience? Would like your responses. Thanks."

Just bought this car last Saturday and I LOVE it!

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "Everything!!!"

Cons: "NONE"

"I looked at all the SUV's in this price range and NO other SUV's even come close to the Rogue. I drove all of them and finally decided on the Rogue. I also drive a 2005 Nissan Frontier Nismo 4x4 and I love it too. I've had no problems whatsoever with Nissan up to now. The Rogue is in the same League as the Lexus RX. So much for you money, options like these on any other vehicle would move you into the 40k range. The other vehicles in this class are a JOKE compared to the NEW Rogue. I can't say enough good things about this vehicle. -Comfortable ride -Quiet -Killer stereo -Nice rims -GREAT price!! OTD at 27,600+tax and license"

3rd Rogue I've owned...glad I bought it!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Price, design and improvements and driveability"

Cons: "Maps on navigation are not as up to date"

"This is my 3rd Rogue and I am more than pleased with the changes and upgrades made to this model year. The technology feaures were a very important factor in the decision to buy this SUV. The redesigns inside and out are top notch and have lifted this economical vehicle into a class of it's own. Extremely pleasing to the eye on the outside and inside the comfort and convenience of all the changes are exceptional. The new seats both front and back are very confortable even on long drives and the improved legroom and addition of rear AC vent is a huge plus for me. I am sure I will be driving this car for many years to come and I am sure I will have no regrets!"

Air bags on passenger side may not work

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

"2014 Rouge SV ,,,the air bag sensor in the passenger seat does not work right if you are 125 lbs or less.. With my wife in the passenger seat,.Mine comes on at times for many miles ..Nissan says that they have no fix for it but they have a recall on thousands of the 2013 Sentras and Altimas doing the same thing......I guess they can only do one thing at a time....."

The new design is great. Class leader.

By on Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Pros: "Fantastic Price for what you get. Comfort, stlye."

Cons: "MPG 29 so far on the highway not the 33 as adverti"

"Seat are comfortable. CVT has a nice positive feel and for my ears not noisy in the least. Driver layout is easy to use and the adjustable steering column up/down in/out is a great feature. Power lift gate and the key less entry work great. Love I can keep the FOB in my pocket and do everything I need. Getting use to the push button start was a whole lot easier than I thought it would be. The storage in the rear is great and the adjustable cargo carrying option is easy to use and convenient. This is so much more car than the price tag reflects, super great value for the prices. Love the car. Wish it had air conditioned seats, other than the the heat seat are great. So glad we bought this car."

Now that's a SUV from future!

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "MPG, Looks, Space, Sunroof, Fun to drive"

Cons: "Dealers don't have enough cars in stock!"

"I am usually very picky with my cars and when in this winter, I lost my 2011 CRV, I was pushed in the market for a new car. The 2014 Rogue SL with premium package just blew me off with its next gen features and looks and I could not be more happy with it. Absolutely everything is perfect. I test drove Honda CRV, Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester, Ford Escape Jeep Cherokee and Nissan Rogue 2014. Mazda CX-5, Subaru Forester and the Nissan Rogue made it to the top three on my list. I found the Rogue to be more spacious, better looking, most recently refreshed and ready with future technologies. The voice recognition works great with the navigation system, bluetooth calling and nissan connect apps. The divide and hide trunk is great for groceries. The seats are very comfortable, and the look of it, inside and out, is jaw dropping! I got so many compliments from random people on the street! The sound system rocks and the safety features like the blind spot indicator, etc. are very helpful. We love the headlights too! White headlamps are great for night driving while the LED lights make it great looking in the day. The sunroof is huge and there is plenty of room at the back. This is a really fun car to drive. I got about 32+ mpg on my recent 400 mile trip to DC for Cherry Blossom festival. I can't say enough wonderful things about this vehicle and would absolutely recommend it!"

great family crossover

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, new controls, roomy, handling"

"its perfect family crossover. my husband who is a disable veteran doesn't drive much but always try to drive the Rogue. I got the SL model very best in options have Bluetooth, cloth seats, Nissan connect system, rear backup camera, the CVT is great too. Think the Rogue looks more a expensive crossover on the styling and comfortable for all of us. Gas mileage is excellent on 33 mpg we are getting taking kids to school and running errors. Rogue handling perfect on a great ride gives every time I'm driving it have dual sunroofs so our 3 girls love the SUV on everything being best. 3rd row seat is optional all the seats slides/folds down on having room for extra things. I'm so glad Nissan did a excellent job making this crossover its the best ever after traded a Expedition which had bad gas mileage at the pump but something in better fuel economy choose the Rogue over Santa Fe because love the better styling had."

great family crossover

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, new controls, roomy, handling"