2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,839 - $22,506.

Based on 63 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Excellent Value

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "Huge value for base model"

Cons: "somewhat sluggish acceleration"

"I drive about 3K miles per month, and needed a vehicle that would be comfortable, and fuel efficient. The 2015 Rogue is all that and more. I have the base model, and it has everything you need included... Bluetooth, satellite radio, comfortable seats, comfortable ride, all wheel drive. I only have good things to say!"

The best CUV

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, super interior, attractive exterior"

Cons: "some noise when accelerate"

"I test drove Honda CRV, Ford Escape, Mazda CX-5 and Subaru Forester and Nissan Rogue 2014. I skipped Toyota Rav4 because their small overlap front test was rated POOR by IIHS. Ford Escape was very sporty and attractive, but it was more expensive. Moreover, I was concerned about reliability. Mazda CX-5 is another nice option for its exterior and sporty driving dynamic, but it was too noisy on the highway, unbearable to me. Subaru Forester is a wonderful car with its visibility, improving driving dynamic (smooth & responsive) great reliability and safety, but the interior was so austere. I felt that I was driving a car made in 90’s. Honda CRV was a strong contender with a well balance between practicality and design. The ride was smooth and soft. The reliability is excellent, but the interior was inferior compare to Nissan Rogue ’14. Here are my opinion and observation of Nissan Rogue ’14 after a month of driving. Positive: • Fuel efficiency: highway 30-35 mpg with light foot, local 13-23 mpg (the farther you drive, the better fuel efficiency). Combined: 27-29 mpg. The fuel economy is excellent on the highway with constant speed around 60-65 mi/hr. For some reason, with multiple stops, the fuel economy can drop significantly. • Super interior and attractive exterior • Large cargo space. Divide-N-Hide system is a great idea & versatile. • Backup camera and bird-eye view. Very useful while parking. • Comfortable seats • A lot of leg and head room for both front and rear. I’m 5’8. • The 2nd row seats can move back and forth. You can also adjust to lean back. • Has a vent for the 2nd row seat • High safety ratings. • Navigation and Bluetooth works well. Has ability to listen and answer text msg without touching a screen (I avoid answering txt msg anyway). Basically, the tech stuff is impressive. • Quiet cabinet Major Negative: • CVT makes acceleration sluggish, but adequate for normal commuting. Merging highway is not an issue yet. • CVT is louder, but tolerable (like a purr). • Only 170 horse power. It’s adequate for driving in flat area like TX, but probably under power if there are a lot of hills. Minor negative: • The button O/D on the stick shift is too easy to be accidently pushed by your forearm while setting up to charge the phone or reaching the front tray (in front of the stick shift and near the charging outlet). A few times, I saw the yellow light O/D lighten up in the speedometer, so I hit it again to turn off the yellow light. • It would be nice to display channel number of the radio station on the memory buttons on the touch screen since they remove the physical buttons to memorize the channels and put them on the touchscreen (1-6). I like the way it is done in Toyota. • Limited visibility b/c of thick pillar in front and curved C pillars (a trade-off for stylish), compensated by the rear camera. I can live with this. • The switch for turning left/right signals is too stiff while the headlight mode is too soft. It should be the other way around. I usually set my headlight in Auto mode, but it was accidently turned to another mode when I turned my signal. Handling: the steering wheel is a little bit heavy. However, it handles well overall, and the car is responsive. The suspension is slightly stiffer compare to Honda CRV. Overall, I feel that it drives smoothly and responsively. I would have picked Nissan Rogue ’14 over Honda CRV ’14 or other cars that I mentioned if I had to do it over. Nissan Rogue will be a serious competition in this segment with its redesigned exterior and interior, decent driving dynamic, practicality and excellent fuel economy."

GREAT FOR BIG GUYS N GALS

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Value for price"

Cons: "None so far."

"Great mid sized SUV. I'm over 6' with a large build and am very comfortable driving this vehicle. The third row seat is comfortable for small children. Was able to travel with my son, his wife and three small kiddies. Great pep for a 2.5 engine. Nice audio system for standard stock. The SV has the back up camera and push button start and smart entry key system. The LED lighting is really cool. Exceptional ride for a smaller SUV. The ride is very smooth on the interstate and the car does not struggle at 75 MPH> This is my third Nissan and I'm very satisfied."

Nissan Stands Behind Their Car

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "Comfort & Performance"

Cons: "NONE"

"I previously wrote a full review about the purchase of my new 2014 Nissan Rogue SL. When I wrote the review I was having a problem with the Nissan Connect. The Corporate Office of Nissan got involved and worked with us to rectify the problem. They stand behind their product and support the customer. We are glad that we bought this car and hope that everyone else enjoys their new Rogue."

Loving it so far!

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Attractive in and out, versatile, amazing tech!!"

Cons: "Tad underpowered, noisy cvt, embarrassing horn"

"As a father with two young children, I needed something that was functional, but not devoid of style. I hadn't even considered the Rogue as the outgoing model was fugly and boring. While researching a Mazda CX5 (my first choice) I noticed a Rogue ad and was intrigued enough to give it a test drive. My first impression was WOW! What an improvement over the old model! The exterior looks more like a Lexus or a much more expensive SUV (plus its not as girly looking as many others), and the interior was incredibly well done. Slightly understated, but very functional and attractive and not at all gaudy like the '08-13 model. It all felt much larger than its class as well. For me the features for the price put this well above any CUV in my price range. I ended up getting the SV model with AWD (Michigan winters) and the premium package which comes with nav, power liftgate, and a slew of awesome safety tech like the aroundview 4 camera monitor, blind spot monitoring, lane departure warnings, and moving object detection. Having kids, these features give piece of mind which is priceless. I also love the amount of storage and possible configurations of the divide n hide storage system and folding seats for trips to Home Depot. As for actual driving, I had to take it down a couple points for power. I am more of a utilitarian guy, so I don't need a racecar, but the acceleration and the cvt leave a bit to be desired. This can be slightly improved by switching into sport mode, which I have found useful for highway merging. The tranny also is a bit noisy but nothing that I can't overlook. The mileage is great, although I'm not getting nearly what was advertised. If I keep it consistent around 50 mph, I can easily get mid 30s mpg, but throw in some hills and stops and it quickly drops to mid 20s. Also highway speeds seem to drop it to high 20s. Overall with 2/3 highway and 1/3 city driving I am getting around 25 mpg which is a little disappointing but acceptable. The actual handling of the vehicle is great though. The feedback is outstanding and the ride is smooth and very quiet (other than the cvt noise). The awd is also very well done. It is all time awd and only kicks in power to the rear when needed. There is also a button that provides 50/50 power distribution when needed on ice or deep snow, but is reserved for speeds under 20 Mph. So far it seems like a beast in the snow, and I have had no problems whatsoever. Being a bit of a tech geek, this car is leaps and bounds above any vehicle I have ever seen. The large 7" nav screen is bright and attractive and is one of the best nav systems I have seen. It also synchs with my iphone and allows Bluetooth phone, email, and text reading as well as music streaming and contact importing. You can also use Facebook on it if you're into that sort of thing. There is also a slick driver info center between the tach and speedometer which is incredible. It shows you colored overlays of thing like tire pressure monitoring, real time and accumulated mpg's, front and rear awd power distribution, turn by turn nav, and driving aid feedback. It just takes the vehicle to another level. The led running lights are also really cool and ad some nice road presence. There is also a button cluster down and to the left of the steering wheel that has options for your awd, sport mode for better acceleration, and hill assist features. This vehicle really has no shortage of wow features if you are not used to driving a Lexus or Mercedes. Overall the only negatives I can come up with are the lack of power and the slightly noisy cvt. Also in a weird design decision, Nissan apparently selected a horn from a small European microcar. I am too embarrassed to honk at people so I switched to putting down the window and yelling obscenities instead;). I had to leave off reliability ratings since I have only owned for a week, but as of right now I would highly recommend this to anyone. If you are into high tech, safety conscious, attractive (inside and out), fun to drive awd vehicles that give outstanding bang for the buck, you can't go wrong here!!!"