2014 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $21,963 - $22,592.

Based on 53 Ratings for the 2014 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Needs some Fine-Tuning, quality

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, looks great!"

Cons: "Feels Cheap, work in in progress, tech outdated"

"This is my second rogue and 4th nissan over the last 11 years. I can tell you that as the years have gone on, they've become a little cheaper and cheaper but still deliver excellent value. Pro: This car is a lot of fun! It is much larger than the last Rogue and has some really impressive technology built in. The body looks great, and it is really quite comfortable. The birds eye all around camera system is really unique and has completely changed the way I park! Cons: Unfortunately, this car is just not as solid as my 2011 Rogue. Parts are cheaper, a little more plastic. Since I've had this car, I've had the drivers seat worked on twice for "rickety" "squeeky" sounds when shifting weight. Was two different things that needed to be replaced. The brake pedal had to be replaced for noisy movement. Unfortunately, the best part of the car, the technology, works very poorly. It seems like its running on windows 98 and 512mb of RAM or something. Every button press takes time to react. The touch-screen is slow and inaccurate. And the APPS? They're just plane bad. The phone connections do not work very well. The next messaging feature only works with select phones. Really old phones. Palm Treo, Iphone4, Galaxy S2...Doesnt work with my note 3 or my wifes GS4. Suspension is rickety and pops when turning at sharp angles. Conclusion I've seen a lot of reviews that talk about various things wrong with their new Rogue's but it seems they're all different. I love this car, but you may want to give it another couple years to let them work out the kinks in this new body style."

Love My Rogue!!

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "Everything!"

"Once I saw my Nissan Versa (2011) landed on one of the worst cars to drive, I knew it was time to trade it in. After researching, I went to my favorite dealer and test drove (and purchased the same day) a 2015 Nissan Rogue SV. It has all the bells and whistles I wanted: push button start, navigation, sirius/xm satellite radio, backup camera, blindspot notification, roomy interior, etc. I LOVE my suv and besides being a Nissan customer for life, this vehicle fit my budget and my kiddoes love it (even more than their dad's BMW) :) Gas mileage is great and I'm looking forward to taking it on the road to chicago this summer."

Big Mistake

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "Handles fine and ride is comfortable"

Cons: "False/misleading information on estimated MPG"

"Vehicle rides and handles okay, but the MPG averages 5 MPG less than advertised in all categories (city, aveg, hwy). I have kept track of the MPG since initial purchase. The onboard MPG computer shows on average 1.9 MPG more that it actually gets. Numerous complaints to dealership and directly to Nissan fell on deaf ears. I really made a mistake purchasing this vehicle."

Wonderful Small SUV

By on Saturday, April 18, 2015

Pros: "Everything included in the Premium Package"

"If you looking for a very comfortable fun to drive SUV take a look at the Rogue SV with Premium package."

Outstanding

By on Saturday, April 04, 2015

Pros: "Mileage, electronics, comfort, ride"

Cons: "Would always like more power but.."

"I bought a fully loaded SL and really enjoy this vehicle. May not have all of the room in the back as you need but plenty for me. I run mine in ECO mode with the overdrive on. My mileage for the first 1,200 miles is 28.4 mpg overall. The Rogue rides great and the navigation system is a great addition. Will provide updates on reliability and mileage. So far, zero issues."

I love this car

By on Tuesday, March 31, 2015

I want this car

"Nissan Rogue seems to be very nice car!"

worth waiting 3 long months to build one svawd

By on Thursday, March 19, 2015

Pros: "great mpg,ride,feels good"

Cons: "paid retail as they were scarce in 2014 its fine"

"rare car red with tan interior glad I waited 3 long months my sister bought one too white over tan interior. goes thru foot deep snow so easy."

Best car ever driven!

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "Design, Tech package, quiet cabin, fuel economy"

"I spent about 5 months researching vehicles, from Honda CRV, RAV4 to the Mazda CX-5. I test drove a couple of models that interested me. I ended up going with the 2015 Nissan Rogue SV. The center console is well laid out, very comfortable seats (front and rear!), gas efficient, technology package (Premium package on the SV) provided is great - includes Lane departure warning, blind spot monitoring, all around camera (aerial view), back-up cam, Navigation, USB, bluetooth, Aux, XM radio, etc. gives you a 'luxury' feel to the vehicle without spending the extra money for a luxury SUV/CUV. Nissan has a winner! Great value for your money!"

Great little SUV

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

"Love it but there is no place to put my purse."

I love the car but I am not allowed to drive.

By on Sunday, March 01, 2015

Pros: "It's a great car and under a full warrenty."

"The car is virtually new and in pristine condition. I have to sell it because I'm no longer allowed to drive. I'm going into an Assisted Living Facility."

update on mpg

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

"THE MPG IS STILL BAD ON WIFES 2015 ROGUE SV IN CITY--- 13.5 to 20 mpg--- on hiway not bad 24 to 30 mpg (3600 miles ) ,I USED THE ROGUE TO SEE IF IT WAS HER DRIVING , A LITTLE BETTER NOT MUCH.WE MISS HER NISSAN CUBE EVEN MORE NOW ! My honda ody I still get 16 mpg in city and thats ok."

In Love with my Rogue!

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride, roomy, very stylish, gas mileage"

Cons: "A little more horsepower"

"After looking at the Toyota Rav4 for a few months, I saw a commercial for the Nissan Rogue and decided to check it out. I love the classy, upscale styling inside and out. I love the LED lights, and the chrome trim. Some reviews I have read talk about the CVT transmission not making it sporty enough. That is why I bought this car, because you can't feel all of the jerks of gears shifting like you do with a "sportier" car. Driving it is as smooth as butter. It's quiet and a very nice ride. I also like how roomy it feels inside. Best of all though, is the price. Back in 2003, I purchased a Toyota Camry for the exact same price as my new 2015 Rogue. Feels like a steal to get this much for the same price as what I paid for a Camry in 2003."

Very stylish and comfort is a plus.

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Smooth ride"

Cons: "Lacks the get up and go power."

"Gas mileage is great for a s.u.v. Love the control and the way it drives. A very stylish vehicle for what it is. Love it!!"

All was well until 745 miles

By on Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Pros: "rear view camera"

Cons: "no push button start, speaker sound quality"

"We traded in our dying 2006 Nissan pathfinder for a 2015 Nissan rogue sv 2wd. When searching for the right rogue we requested metallic blue but the dealership we were purchasing from did not have one so they DROVE one from another dealership. Added 200 miles to the car before it was even purchased. Asked for no special package, but it did have mud guards and pin striping (I didn't even know that was still a thing). I test drove another rogue that was the same model and liked it. I test drove this one and it didn't change my opinion. So we decided to purchase it. We put on 500 miles in two weeks, we live out of the city. I noticed while driving it took a little extra umph to get it up inclines, but nothing I couldn't handle. It sat in the garage all day Friday and Saturday evening me and the family were heading out for some shopping. We back out of the driveway and put the rogue in gear and step on the gas and go nowhere. RPMs don't move past .5. speedometer doesn't go above 5. Turned the car off and back on. Same thing. By this time dealership is closed and they are closed sunday so we call Monday morning and they tow the car to the dealership. Took them 3 days to find out what was wrong and 2 weeks to fix it because of back orders. They had to replaced the entire transmission at 745 miles."

Traded In a 2012 For It

By on Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable seats, LED lights, technology"

Cons: "USB port location"

"We purchased the 2013 Infiniti JX and 2012 Nissan Rogue months apart. We purchased the Infiniti because it has an incredible amount of technology. The Rogue was our get around town car. When the 2014 Rogue came out, there were enough significant changes that made it worth trading in the 2012. The changes in the new Rogue are significant and make the car enjoyable to drive. The seats are incredibly comfortable, the styling is very attractive and the enhancements like blind spot monitoring and forward collision warning are a huge plus. A few owners complain that it doesn't have the memory or heated seats, remote engine start, etc. For those features, you need to look at the Murano or Infiniti. For the price point and comparison to its competition, I think Nissan did a fantastic job with this car. I feel this car handles better than the older models. It does get better milage, but not exactly as posted, but still good. There is plenty of power and overall comfort is very good. The only thing I don't like is the USB port being taken out of the center console and moved to outside in below the dash. I liked having the IPod always hooked up and hidden in the console, and now I have to take it out each time I use it. Just don't like items like this exposed when not in use. It would be nice to have a second USB outlet. I still think the Nissan Connect has a ways to go. It was a pain to connect it when we first got the car. After being synced to the BlueTooth system, it took a while to get the applications to react. Something must have changed because it works better now with the same smart phones. I really like the Google search feature. It is so nice to get a map location without having to pull over. Its also nice to find a listing and call the business while driving. I'd rather have these applications available for long trips. Overall, I'm very impressed with the re-design and don't regret trading in the previous model."

Average value for money and problems!

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "New infotainment system, premium package"

Cons: "Family package, noise, problems connection phone"

"Bought SV with Premium and family Package in October 2014. Since then the car has been to dealer 3-4 times for various defects: 1) Engine noise 2) AC problems 3) Problem with Bluetooth Hands-free Phone System 4) And worse-there is a design defect in adjustment mechanism of third row seat. Adjusting it requires to pull the strap at a particular angle which can cause/aggravate back pain. I contacted Nissan several times but no help from them so far except for standard letter, which states 'Nissan carefully reviewed all the available facts pertaining to you situation. Unfortunately, Nissan is not in a position to repurchase or replace your vehicle at this time'. I do not know what to do-my first Nissan car and I am regretting my decision."

Needed awd==== 2015 nissan rogue sv with premium

By on Thursday, January 15, 2015

Pros: "around view, roomy ,very good in snow"

Cons: "rear vision"

"Traded wifes 2009 nissan cube krom great car but she needed an awd. Mpg on hiway very good (27 to 31 ).not so good in city (15 to 20 ) roomy , rides nice,rear vision bad but has camera , wife happy with her new car,will update later at 3000 miles , (We sure miss the cube ) But I am still happy with my 07 honda ody ."

Overall a good car for the price

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "space, price, style"

Cons: "Mileage not as good as advertised, acceleration"

"I bought this car in June 2014, and by far has driven it for about 10K, mostly highway trips. Pros: good looking, OK price, better MPG than CRV, RAV4, and all American brands. Bigger interior space than most compact SUVs, overall comfortable seats. Cons: The Mileage is not as good as advertised, I tried and got the best 34MPG on optimized condition, meaning I was driving in warm and dry weather, highway, at 60m/h. If driving on 70m/h the mpg will drop to about 24~26, on 80m/h the mpg will drop to about 20. In winter and rainy days, the mpg will be even lower. So this low-horsepower-CVT car is NOT as gas saving as they advertised. The acceleration is a bit weak, not bad but this car is nowhere close to powerful. Overall, it's a good family car for safe driving."

No Remote Start and Memory Seat-

By on Sunday, November 16, 2014

Cons: "NO REMOTE START NO MEMORY SEAT"

"I bought Rogue SL Premium and was extremely disappointed to know the next day that even the most expensive trim has NO REMOTE START and MEMORY SEAT which are common in other manufacturer brands. I felt myself a stupid not looking in detail to check what features it doesn't have. At the same time I felt like I have been duped. I was making selection between Honda RAV4 and Rogue. Felt sorry for not getting RAV4. Quite disappointing."

Love it

By on Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Pros: "Space, MPG, Technology, Panoramic roof, interior"

Cons: "Engine, Cooled Seat, Heated Steering wheel"

"I came from a 2011 BMW 328XI and wanted/needed something bigger. Not sure how it will do in the snow here in Ohio but have heard well. I actually LOVE this CUV. I have had many luxury cars and this feel like NO exception. There are a few things I miss such as Memory seats, Cooled seats, heated Steering to name a few. But I also gained a lot that makes up for what i didn't have in the last car. Love the MPG even though im not getting whats reported but its a lot better than the BMW and the fact that I no longer have to use PREMIUM gas. Over all I am very satisfied and look forward to traveling to WV for thanksgiving, me and my Dog...."

Luxurious features for a good price.

By on Tuesday, November 04, 2014

Pros: "Around view, overall luxury"

Cons: "Noisy music system, mileage??, noisy seat"

"I have the SV with Premium Package. No regrets. The car is great and for my requirements handles well. I have even driven it up a mountain and back ( 5000 ft elevation ). The Premium Package features spoil you. The around view camera is so cool. Makes parking so easy. The infotainment system is also very user friendly with there being no problems with the blue-tooth. Lots of space in the car and the back seats go down completely in case one needs to carry more stuff. The powered lift gate is very convenient. I have a couple of issues: The acoustics haven't been well thought. Playing the radio more than 2 on the volume setting results in unbearable and distracting vibrations from the doors. This also highlights some of the cheaper plastic parts due to the sound. Wish the speakers in the doors were damped better. I wonder whether this is a problem with only my car or with all the cars. I love the adjustable driver seat. I am a large person and every time I get into the seat I hear a sound which reminds me of threads giving way on an adjustable office chair. Has Nissan used cheaper material for the seat adjuster? I am NOT getting the mileage reported by everyone. My average mileage is about 20mpg and the best so far has been 25.8. But I am not yet at the point where I am worried."

Affordable Luxury Feel

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Exterior and Interior are top of the line"

Cons: "Very few incentives out there to get one"

"It's exciting to step into the SL AWD with premium package 2015 Rogue. With navigation, Bose sound system, 4-outside camera's, soft leather, cool illumination and panoramic moon-roof, this car screams luxury inside. The exterior draws the eyes of passing drivers and with the HID lights in the front, this car has the look of a $60k car driving down the road. Although the engine is relatively small at 170hp, it has good pick-up and does the job. This car is more luxury than sport and muscle."

It's a great car

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

"After spending lot of time researching SUV's, i ended up with Nissan Rouge. It's really great car with comfortable interiors and awesome design.. The one and only complain is noisy engine .. otherwise ..its great car .."

Love this vehicle!!

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Roomy, stylish, and handles great."

Cons: "None. Love this car."

"Easy to drive, very comfortable, and looks great too. I would buy this car again and again."

First Nissan - really like it!

By on Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, good sized cargo area"

Cons: "Uncomfortable seat"

"First time owning a Nissan (have owned 3 Toyotas, 2 were Rav4s) and so far, so good. I am averaging 27 mpg around town and got 35 on a recent trip out of town! I am wondering if the person who said the seats do not lay flat has a different model ... because that was a MUST HAVE for me and the back seats do go completely flat. Lots of cargo area. Great for dog crates too. Handles nicely, good back up camera, nice exterior (gets a lot of compliments) and so far no problems. My one and only complaint is that the driver/front seats are uncomfortable. Yes I test drove it, but somehow didn't notice it until I was on a longer trip."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next