• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,604 - $20,097.

10/6.9

8.0

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Suits my needs

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money!"

Cons: "Would like fuel entry on drivers side."

"And the bonus is I actually love it even though I didn't think too much of it when I 1st got it now I absolutely love it! Has excellent gas mileage for an AWD vehicle, is dependable and looks just like the newer 2012's & 2013's. Also, holds it's value well."

Best value for the money in a small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I have a 2013 S model with the Special Edition Package and I considered this model as the best bang for the buck of all models offered. I paid $21.3K Pros: Fun to drive, gas mileage right at the 28mpg highway EPA estimates for AWD version, plenty of room in the back seat, plenty of cargo room(remember, this is a small SUV), very comfortable, composed and relatively quiet ride, the CVT is tuned for optimal mileage if you light foot it, instrumentation and control layout is almost perfect and very intuitive. Interior materials and quality are excellent. Adequate acceleration and excellent braking. Rearview camera is very handy in parking lots. Cons: Ergonomics suffer mainly from the lack of a telescoping wheel. If you are longer legged and drive with the seat further back, it's a longer reach to the wheel. Passenger comfort would be aided by the vertical adjustment that is present on the driver's seat. No armrest in the back. No bottle holder in the doors and the interior in general could use a couple more cubbyholes for stuff. The engine drone under heavy acceleration is a bit annoying. Lastly, the center armrest could be an inch or two further forward but that's really nitpicking."

nice car, nice wagon, a great buy!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "nice engine, CVT nice, nice colors, desing is ok,"

Cons: "rear visibility is bad..."

"I can't complain I just barely drive it for 2000 miles, we fallow all steps in the manual owners, every step before the 1,200 miles and yes! is true! the cars is magnificent after that... we went to California after that and was a wonderful trip this car runs very nice and economic, "1 tank to go and half tank for return" believe it! many people never read a manual owners and drive very bad a brand new car. Nissan rogue is ok, the CVT is awesome and I think that is not a complete SUV, for me is most a wagon a nice wagon... ok the only bad thing is the rear visibility, but you can use the rear view mirrors I own the basic version no camera hahaha! if you pay attention you don need the camera."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

"I traded in my 2009 Altima coupe for this 2012 Nissan Rogue when I had a baby and needed four doors. This Rogue is a wonderful daily driver car. My only issue has been blind spots when driving, which was easily fixed by small blind spot mirrors from advance auto parts. Was also hit from the side (not related to blind spots, person ran stop sign) and the rogue's front end was taken off, car kept me safe and all safety features worked properly. I recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

Nissan Rogue CVT Transmission

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reason: Bad transmission (CVT)

Pros: "Exterior appearance"

Cons: "Quality, value, no acceleration, undependable"

"Do not buy a Nissan. The CVT transmission is horrible quality and will not get you many miles out of your car. Google this, and you will find loads of information about the faulty CVT. Nissan even doubled their warranty due to "customer satisfaction" from known issues with this transmission. Ever since we purchased the car in 2008, we have been in and out of the service department (starting after the first 3 months) with problems with the car, including no acceleration and problems with the internal computer. The warranty was extended to 120,000 miles, and we had 126,000 when the transmission had to be replaced ($4,000). Now you would think a reputable company would "make it right" for the customer, but Nissan was incredible difficult to work with. For that reason alone, I would not recommend Nissan. At the end of the day, you want the manufacturer to stand behind their vehicles and customers."

Best vehicle I ever owned!!!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, exactly what I was looking for."

"Love my Rogue!!!"

2013 AWD is woefully underpowered.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of room. fold seats and you have room to haul"

Cons: "underpowered, lousy gas mileage"

"Get moving before merging into highway speed traffic. CVT not very responsive. Gas mileage is abysmal at about 18/22. Ride is good. 10hr 500 mile trip and our backs were none the worse for wear. Very good at cutting road noise. Steering at highway speeds was dodgy. Had to be up on the wheel constantly. Dealer said I need alignment which they provided free of charge and told me to steer clear of potholes...duh."

Performance VS economy

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Good price considering options, reliable (so far.."

Cons: "MPG and interior space a little low"

"I traded in my 2007 Nissan Alitma for a 2012 Rogue. I wanted to get that nissan gas mileage with a little more room and road height. The gas mileage is just about what EPA said but I hoped for more because salesman said mostly highway driving should be better than rated. I recently moved and my Rogue did everything asked of it and MORE! Wish the rearseats would lay totally flat and the hatch opening was a little larger. At first the backseat seemed to have more room then altima but then realized only two people can sit back there, oh well they have a little more leg room each. Rogue doesnt handle Highway speed as well as I had hoped but keep it under 75 and all is well."

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25