• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $19,524 - $20,019.

10/6.9

8.0

Based on 315 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Dont buy Nissan!!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

"I would like to warn everyone to avoid buying any Nissan products. I have a 2009 Nissan rogue which has had numerous problems in the last few years. The transmission was replaced with a rebuilt transmission 30,000 miles ago under warranty. Last November I noticed I was starting to have transmission problems again. I researched the problem on the internet and read that millions of people were having the same problems. I called Nissan Affairs and they stated they may be able to help me out if I brought my car to Nissan and paid them $110.00 to diagnose the bad transmission they put in my car 30,000 miles ago. I brought the car to Nissan as requested and they diagnosed the bad transmission, confirmed the transmission should not be going bad already, and stated if they installed an $1,800 cooler the problem might be fixed. They requested that Nissan Affairs pay for the Nissan Cooler since it was not installed with my new transmission under warranty. A week and a half later Nissan Affairs called to tell me there was absolutely nothing they could do for me!! Nissan states on their website that they have extended the warranty on their vehicles because of the bad transmission problems, and that you should not have any transmission problems after 129,000 miles. They also state if you do have problems they will work with you, and are lowering the prices to fix the problems. Well I am having problems and they are not working with me, and have told me there is nothing they can do for me!! Nissan promises to help wiht their tranmission problems at the link below!! Dont believe it!! http://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=2"

This is one of the best vehicles I have purchased!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "good space, comfortable vehicle"

Cons: "key faub battery life is short"

"I originally leased my 2011 Rogue and am currently buying it. The only reason I leased it at first was because I wasn't sure if I would like it. But I found that I love my Rogue and it's a much better value than the Murano. I highly recommend this vehicle because you have enough power and speed, yet it is very comfortable for long trips. Gas mileage for this SUV is great and there is plenty of room throughout the vehicle."

46K miles and not a single problem - great AWD

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "AWD, style, price"

Cons: "Seat comfort on longer drives"

"Nothing fancy in the base AWD model but has proven to be a great value for under $20K."

Good appearance, sporty. A lot of road noise.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"Seals on doors aren't very good. Let a lot of road noise in while driving. Can always hear the wind outside the car and the tires are loud. Don't care for the center console between the front bucket seats. Would prefer to be able to open the front windows when the window locks are engaged. Large blind spot between the small windows toward the back of the car and the passenger windows in the rear. Front bumper paint has always been discolored."

drives in any weather!!!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "back up camera in mirror."

Cons: "n/a"

"When the snow was sandy over the weeks, my Honda couldn't drive in the snow. Constantly getting hung up. But my rouge with the push button AWD took me through any condition. Love that...."

We want to take advantage of a promotion

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Nissan innovations"

Cons: "The seats are harsh in a long trip"

"My wife and I are a Nissan customers since we change from Honda's to Nissan, I just sold my 2005 Altima with 60000 and we are looking to upgrade her car depending on what can of a deal can we get"

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "??"

"Great on driving, low maintenance and gas. Always turns heads. v"

big disappointment in CVT trans

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "I loved all of my nissan vehicles..kept going back"

Cons: "I loved this vehicle until the event of CVT trans."

"I have been a Nissan customer for many years...1985, 1997, 2008....I don't plan to buy another Nissan unless the problem with the CVT transmission is fixed. I had to have transmission replaced at 38,500 miles, and again at 115,232 miles...at which time I was told 'you won't get another transmission'! I was not happy to hear this since the problem is with the CVT trans. and not any fault with my driving. I have driven for over 40 years and NEVER had to have anything done to a transmission except occasional fluid."

"Please" do your homework

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Very stylish exterior, comfortable interior"

Cons: "Poor paint quality, noisy drive train, gas mileage"

"We purchased our Rogue new, and loved the car at first. The first issue we found is the GPS is worthless. We constantly get lost and the worst part is sometimes it does not correct and you are real lost. Secondly, the paint is very inferior. My wifes 2008 work car, and my 2006 Jeep has less paint chips than this Rogue with 6,300 miles. Next, after the first "dealer" oil change, the motor gradually got real loud. I checked the oil and it was full. I took it back to tell them. They said the noise was normal for a CVT powered car. I asked what oil they used and they told me bulk oil. I changed it with my usual oil Pennzoil platinum and used a new Nissan filter. Made no difference ? We were religiously getting 25.4mpg. Since the noise issue, we're down to 19.7 or lower. My wife had 2 occurrences, one when she tried to go from a off ramp onto a interstate highway she pushed on the gas, the engine revved, but the car wasn't moving. She drifted off the road, called the dealer for road side assistance. They told her to shut the car off for a couple minutes, restart it and if it still wouldn't move call back. She did so, started the car and it went. She drove straight to the dealer. They checked for codes, found none,and said they couldn't duplicate the problem. The second occurrence happened in a parking garage. She stopped on a up ramp waiting her turn to get her ticket. She took her foot off the brake and pushed on the gas. The car started drifting backward. She had to shut the car off, waited a minute, started it and it went. All the while people behind her blowing horns. I have never had this happen to me, but she drives it more.This car has gotten SO loud engine wise it drowns out the radio. Any load on the engine causes it. Set the cruise on a level road and it's smooth. Pass a car or go up a grade and you'll need ear plugs. We like how the car looks, and how comfortable the interior is, but we will never own another Nissan. I might add, we got a loaner Rogue from the dealer when ours was in for service and it did not sound like ours. I mentioned that to the service manager on returning it. He said that's because it is new under 1,000 miles. It will sound like yours in a couple more thousand miles ?"

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas mileage, color"

Cons: "no bluetooth"

"I have owned this vehicle for about two years and I am very happy with all aspects. Gas milage is as stated and can get up to 32 mpg if i keep it between 65 and 70 on the freeway. I get alot of compliments on the Cayenne Red color which is what brought my attention to the car in the first place. Only thing it is lacking is bluetooth which was added the next year(2013). But I have adjusted or use a headset. Ride is very comfortable and nimble in turns. Very happy overall"