• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,723 - $21,248.

10/6.9

8.0

Based on 315 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

MPG sinificantly less than advertised.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Lousy MPG, bad visibility, tinny construction."

"Advertised at 22 - 27. I am getting 18 - 20. Nissan rep had the gall to ask me if I drive with my foot on the brake. Not much storage. Tinny construction. Bad visibility due to window frames. I leased it - got roped in by incentives and lease payment. How can I break my lease?"

I hate it!!! My second Rogue and it is awful!!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "I hate it!!!!!"

Cons: "It has no power and it is loud!!!!"

"I hate this new Rogue that I had to buy because my 2010 that had 55,000 miles on it started doing bunny hops while I was doing 75 miles per hour. After that it was all down hill. I travel a lot for work and I found my self in the shop for hours and hours they put 3 transmissions in it and the last one they put in it was bad too. The salesman said he could match or beat what I was paying each month for my 2010. Well lets just say that I felt forced into buying a new one. I only got to drive it for 3 miles in the snow and ice and I was unable to even get it up above 35 mph. Well my payments are higher by $ 40.00 per month and i had to put $ 1,000 dollars down. The first time I got to drive it above 35 mph. I noticed it did not have the power that my 2010 Rogue had before it messed up. I told my husband and the people at the place I bought it. I was told that it was all in my head. But now the RPM's shot up it sounds like it will blow up at any min and it slowly gets a little faster. My 2010 Rogue would jerk your head back when you pushed the gas petal. I am so disappointed with this car that cost over 26,000 dollars and it is the base model with a blue tooth. This is the last Nissian I will every buy in my life. I am looking forward to the day I can get rid of this car. It is the most expensive car I have every purchased and it rates down at the bottom of all the cars I have every purchased. I HATE IT!!!"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great value."

Cons: "Could use some extra storage space in front."

"Traded my 2001 Tahoe, best trade ever. I have owned three weeks, great mileage, comfortable, more than adequate pick up. Got used to the CVT trans in a few days, overdrive gives good engine braking when needed. Rear view camera is great, as is the bluetooth and sirius. Got a great deal on a great car!"

2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD: Steer Clear of This One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fairly inexpensive; decent trim level. Smooth ride"

Cons: "Completely unreliable powertrain. Poor engineering"

"Transmission leaks at 50,000 miles and having to replace the rear differential at 73,000 is indicative of a LEMON. Nissan's CVT is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen, too. Add in sensor lights that keep popping on and off at random and you have one annoying, unreliable vehicle. Steer Clear of the Nissan Rogue!"

My second Rogue

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Keyless Entry, Bluetooth, Styling,Comfotable Seats"

Cons: "Lack of push button start,larger Nav Screen"

My 2013

"I leased a 2013 Rogue SL AWD two months ago for the second time due to the great incentives they currently have. Overall you get plenty of features in this vehicle but compared to the Rav4 and CRV you definitely get better resale value with these two than the Rogue. I turned in my 2011 Rogue SL AWD with 29,000 miles with no problems . One of the best features is the keyless entry system with keyless start which I wish was a true push button start like Toyota. All in all not a bad vehicle can't wait to see 2014 Rogue."

My 2013

It looks good, is smooth, and fun to drive.

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Everybody loves the glove box. It is fun to drive."

Cons: "It seems slow until you adjust to CVT."

"I heard horror stories about the continuous variable transmission. I like it, and adjusted to it in about a week. I especially like not having to brake on steep downgrades. It does accelerate safely. It is not a GTO. The CVT holds you back quite well, downhill. My Rogue is black, leather interior, with red stitching. It looks nice. The Bose sound system is great, and I will renew the Sirius radio. The Bluetooth link is not only fun, but safe. Want to make a call? Just say "dial." The car is loaded, I love it, and will replace in thirty seven months with the next generation Rogue."

great suv for the price

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "nice car to drive"

Cons: "no mirrors on the visors.. 1 port for charging"

"nice ride. drove to florida great on gas ...has good pick up for a 4 cyl."

Lot's and Lot's of Miles

By on Friday, April 05, 2013

Pros: "Nice price, handles well, comfortable mostly"

Cons: "Needs more "gadget space" USB port in bad location"

"I bought my Rogue in March of 2012. I have 54K miles on it. I'm in it day in and day out. My average MPG is around 24-25 depending on wind and how fast I go. I do a ton of interstate drive and very little city. I've not had one problem with since the day I took it off the lot. I told the dealer I need a car good for at 250K miles and she assured me this is it. So far, I believe her and trust me, if it gets to the point that I don't, I will repost. I bought it for functionality and reasonable comfort. It is a tool for me and has performed as desired. A couple wishes - a little more cargo space - I have demo equipment that I haul around and could use more trunk. A little more comfort in reaching for the steering wheel. I drive w/ my left elbow on the door panel by the window and it gets a little tiring after about 200 miles per day. That's it. It handles well. It rides nice. It's pretty fuel efficient for the size. It seems to be holding up well as all I've had to do is oil changes and a set of tires. I'm getting it checked this weekend for brakes and other wear items but, I don't expect any problems. Honestly, if I don't get 100k out of the brakes I'll be disappointed only because 99% of my driving is on the highway w/ cruise control on about 74mph. This is good automobile. Nothing fancy (SV Version) but, who needs it. It's a great car for the guy that has to fly up and down the road a bunch (i.e. sales guy!) I guess the only thing I don't like is the "phone" system is somewhat unreliable and I have to repeat myself a lot. Plus, everytime I plug in my i-phone it goes straight to i-tunes and that makes me nuts...it may be phone setting though."

Great value, great vehicle, fun to drive

By on Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Pros: "Good looking, spacious, good value, handles well"

Cons: "No negatives"

"We purchased the 2011 Nissan Rogue AWD thinking we would start traveling now that we retired. Since the purchase we have health issues and will not do alot of traveling. We test drove the Rogue and even had it over night to test. It met every possible need we had and expected. It is, what it is/a crossover kinda mini SUV. It is not a luxury car/it is a SUV. It was comfortable, spacious, handled great in town and on the freeway. All positive to us. Now it only makes sense for us to down-size as we will not be traveling."

HATE IT !!!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cons: "Everything. Do yourself a favor and don't bother !"

"I purchased my 2013 Rogue about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I don't have one good thing to say about it. The inside is a nightmare.. There is no storage .. I can't find a comfortable position to drive in it. The steering wheel is at to much of a angle so it's hard to find a good position to drive in. The doors handle is at the very front and the doors are long and it makes for a very awkward exit. If you try to adjust the seat height then you run into the problem of the rear view mirror blocking your view out the windshield . It's very loud if you have to step on the gas. Mine has a "sport mode" it's pointless. Mine also pulls to the left and when I took it in they said there was nothing wrong and it was the curve of the road.. Apparently every road I drive on makes it pull to the left.. Overall I hate this vehicle. I have owned 3 nissans before this one and loved them all but I really hate this one!"

It's got its ups and downs

By on Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pros: "Side view mirror cameras, leg room in back"

Cons: "Lousy pick up"

"I bought this car in June of 2012. I have the SL AWD model with all the bells and whistles and paid 26,000 which I think was a good price. Anything much more than 27,000 for what the car has to offer is over paying in my opinion. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the body style but for the features I was looking for in a crossover vehicle this was the most reasonably priced crossover I could find, then once we talked the dealer down it was a steal. I was mainly comparing the car between Jeep Compass, Ford Edge, GMC Traverse and Toyota Venza. I haven't had any mechanical or cosmetic issues since I've owned it. Some of the cons that come to mind are the pick up is pretty awful (but not as awful as the Jeep Compass), even with the "sport" mode activated - I can't notice a difference in pick up between the two. The CVT is also loud, but honestly you get used to it quick, I don't even notice it now and it doesn't bother me. I wish the navigation system was slightly larger and had more voice controlled options like my husbands 2012 Dodge Ram has. But over all the navigation has worked extremely well, never mislead me to a wrong location. But sometimes (especially when you are merging on between two highways or getting on a highway) it's very hard to tell where/when to turn as if solely relying on the navigation by reading the street/highway it tells you to turn on it doesn't tell you whether or not to get on South or North or East or West, just the highway name appears not which direction. To me after seeing my husbands navigation in his truck and how detailed it is, I was highly disappointed in mine. The MPG is as advertised, however the fuel tank is smaller than my Audi sedan so on top of losing 10MPG compared to the Audi I feel like I'm constantly having to get gas. I wish the tank was slightly larger. The car does seem to have a lot of blind spots. One feature that I do love and find myself constantly using are the cameras located on the side view mirrors. Even though I'm capable of parking the car without them it's always nice to check quickly and easily to double check that I'm centered so no one too close to me dings my car with their door. Also a big thing to me was the leg room in the back seat, after having my Audi which had lousy leg space I wanted something that felt roomier and for a crossover this seems to have ample leg room. There is also plenty of cargo space in my opinion."

Not what I expected

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Transmission , road stability in snow, noisy cabin"

"I purchased this vehicle in October 2012, it's great on gas ,but the new transmission they have the CVT is over rated, if you are stopped and have to move quick don't count on it, it has all wheel drive but not good in snow andI had very aggressive tires very squirrelly. Noisy ,idls loud,when driving down hill techs out to about 5 grand where as if you had a regular tranny it would coast and would not have a lot of resistance from the engine.so long story short I would not recommend this vehicle . In the process of trading ."

Terrible pick up; CVT transmission is a pig.

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "Nice leather, good bluetooth."

Cons: "Noisy, bad pick up, lacks cargo space."

"When a test drove this SUV I should have taken it right back to the dealer and moved on. The CVT transmission is noisy and a real pig. I can't believe someone said this vehicle had good pick up! Trying to get up to speed on an interstate is dangerous...even in their "sport mode" which is again a joke. Visibility out the rear window is awful. If you are in and out of your vehichle 40 times a day like I am one of the most annoying features is the door locks. They lock automatically at 16 mph and if you stop, put the car in park they do not open. You either have to shut off the vehicle or manually unlock the doors. Gas mileage is average NEVER got 30 mpg even with a 1500 mile trip to FL. Very good cell phone connectivity with blue tooth but no place to put your cell phone. Rectangular compartment is tool small for an iphone and cup holders are for CUPS, not cell phones. Did their engineers not own iphones, blackberries or other models. These might seem trivial but if you are in and out of your vehicle or pick up and drop off clients the door thing will drive you nuts. Rear luggage area is about half the size of a RAV 4 and when you put the back seats down they don't lie flat. Will trade this in the next 3 months."

This is my second of many to come.

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

"I have owned Rave 4 as well as CRV. There is no comparison. The ride of the Rogue is superior in every way."

2nd Rogue so far so good

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "everything is great"

Cons: "having to pay for fuel..no matter what the price"

"This is my second rogue, traded in my 2009, for this 2011 and couldn't be happier. This car has exceeded my expectations. The style is current, the power is adequate, the braking is great, the handling is very good. I have done several trips to Canada from Las Vegas, 18hr drive one way, and both my 2009 and 2011 Rogues have performed flawlessly, from the sun and heat of Vegas, to the cold and snow in Canada, this car can do it all. I have read a few negative reviews about the rogue, and frankly, cannot understand why other people have had trouble. Both Nissan USA and Nissan Canada have serviced my rogues, with flawless attention to detail, and customer service. I have yet to report any problems to the dealers, just merely simple fluid changes, and one fanbelt replacement. Thank you Nissan for creating this SUV....keep up the good work!"

Hate it.

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, quick pick up"

Cons: "Design, price, gas mileage"

"First off, let me say I was duped into buying this car for $27,000... for one step above the base model. It's design, style, comfort, and convenience are all lacking severely. It would have been a nice car in 2000 maybe. With all the new innovations with cars, new body styles and interiors, you'd think Nissan would do a better job with the Rogue for the absurd asking price."

ROGUE SL -Good Car-Good Gas Mileage for AWD.

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Good Gas Mileage for AWD. Quick Pick Up!"

Cons: "AWD turns itself off. Not much cargo room."

"Car is one of the newer style looking car- everyone thought it looked real neat. Blue Tooth snycs to your cell upon turning your car on and the Bose Speakers are nice and clear for talking to someone. The cloth seats are not that comfortable if you are on a long trip. Also, does not have power seats- which is stated to be in this car. Have owned a couple of luxury vehicles and comfort-wise this does not compare to them. However it makes up for it in gas mileage. AWD is sketchy! Beware if you are driving this vehicle in roads or areas where you may have patchy snow- I have found that the AWD turns itself off when you hit a certain speed, pretty much between 35-40mph.. Have discussed this with other Rogue owners- so it is not a glitch in just my car. RUDE AWAKENING, when you look down and see you are no longer in AWD, driving in a situation where you would like it to be on. It is a little late w/out AWD on to try and hit your brakes and think you may not slide. I am an experienced snow/winter driver and would never push the vehicle on snow if I knew it was not in AWD. So, I find myself acting as if I am driving a 2WD, only because you never know. I previously had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo- very very roomy- but kind of boxy; was originally told the room in this vehicle was comparable to that..Not even close..Because of the rounded body style of the top of the vehicle- you loose a lot of room in back hatch area..Have to use my truck to pick up anything that maybe wider than the dead center of the vehicle. So as a grocery getter, every day driver- who may not do too much bad weather driving or out of town driving and is very cautious, this would be a great car. Looks Great, Good Gas Mileage-Good Everyday Driver- Has Good Pick Up and Speed and is Smooth to Drive."

Really good vehicle

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "economical, comfortable"

Cons: "Difficult parallel parking"

"Bought the car 2WD SL version new 5 years ago, just replaced rear brakes @ 77K miles and serpentine belt, OEM tires lasted 60K miles, very comfortable, easy to drive, pretty quiet inside, decent power, I get 26 MPG or more around town (not really stop and go, though) Bose sound is very nice feature Biggest negative is parallel parking, very difficult to do."

Awesome

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle"

Cons: "Have to pay for the navigation updates"

"I have done a route 66 across america and traveled to several national parks. It was great for my wife and I. Plenty of room for traveling and plenty of storage space. The fuel mileage is about 24.5 mpg and I admit that my foot is a little heavy, I consistently drive about 10 miles an hour above the posted speed limit. Nothing bad to say about the vehicle. Love the rear view camera and power sun roof. Navigation is great but I wish the updates were free ($150 cost each year, but extremely accurate). In the snow, the vehicle tracks excellent."

A Good Mommy Mobile

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Safe."

Cons: "Sloooooooow"

"I went from a peppy 08' Mazda 3 to this mommy car. Sigh... So, I am used to great handling and massive speed. Mazda could go 0-60 in 4 seconds... Rogue - 8-9 seconds. Definitely lots of room to stretch. In sport mode, the RPM's are dragged out to allow more speed. Smooth ride. (no sport suspension) Overall- this is a family (rental) car."

i really do not like the way it drives

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

"someone help me nissan on route 22 told me i will be able to trade in my new car after a year which is not true i can not trade my car in, and slso that my car will keep its value which it does not"

Best Car Ever!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"This is my 2nd Rogue, I had an '08 which I put 50,000 miles on. I have had no issues with either car. Drove to and from Cleveland last year non-stop (1024 miles each way) and it was a great trip. Drove the '12 to Toronto over the summer. Fun to drive as a commuter as well. And the Bose sound system is the best audio system I have had in any vehicle. I Love My Rogue and would highly recommend this car. I get 25 MPG. I have the SL version with everything except the AWD. I have heard that the AWD makes the car sluggish, so I would test drive the 2WD and the AWD."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

"I have about 30,000 miles on this car. It handles well and gets better gas mileage than the Altima that I owned previously."

Worst vehicle ever!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "Very cute and very comfortable"

Cons: "Peeling paint, poor resale value"

"I bought my 2012 Nissan and after three months the paint began to peel on the bumpers. The company has these issues on the rogues and jukes. Before u buy a Nissan, search consumer reviews on paint issues. I paid 29,000 for the SL package with leather and all the bells and whistles. This vehicle does not hold its value. I have had my bumpers painted and repainted. The paint is still chipping. Nissan consumer affairs has not helped. On the flip side, the car is cute, offers a great ride and has plenty of power. The seats fold down easily and it has plenty of storage space. It does have significant blind spots and nearly impossible to see behind you when backing up. The rear camera helps. If not for the peeling paint and the significant drop in value, this would be a nice choice for a small suv. I also had a previous Nissan that had to be repainted. It's an affordable option, but it's not worth it in the end. You get what you pay for. Good luck and do your research. Sadly, I cannot recommend this vehicle and I will never buy another one."

Dont buy this one

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage"

Cons: "Knocking noise in engine, too much road noise"

"Pros: decent fuel mileage Cons: cramped interior with no storage, engine knocks, manufacturer will not back product"