• 2014 Compact SUVs

2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,777 - $21,303.

10/6.9

8.0

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Not what I expected

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Transmission , road stability in snow, noisy cabin"

"I purchased this vehicle in October 2012, it's great on gas ,but the new transmission they have the CVT is over rated, if you are stopped and have to move quick don't count on it, it has all wheel drive but not good in snow andI had very aggressive tires very squirrelly. Noisy ,idls loud,when driving down hill techs out to about 5 grand where as if you had a regular tranny it would coast and would not have a lot of resistance from the engine.so long story short I would not recommend this vehicle . In the process of trading ."

Terrible pick up; CVT transmission is a pig.

By on Friday, February 08, 2013

Pros: "Nice leather, good bluetooth."

Cons: "Noisy, bad pick up, lacks cargo space."

"When a test drove this SUV I should have taken it right back to the dealer and moved on. The CVT transmission is noisy and a real pig. I can't believe someone said this vehicle had good pick up! Trying to get up to speed on an interstate is dangerous...even in their "sport mode" which is again a joke. Visibility out the rear window is awful. If you are in and out of your vehichle 40 times a day like I am one of the most annoying features is the door locks. They lock automatically at 16 mph and if you stop, put the car in park they do not open. You either have to shut off the vehicle or manually unlock the doors. Gas mileage is average NEVER got 30 mpg even with a 1500 mile trip to FL. Very good cell phone connectivity with blue tooth but no place to put your cell phone. Rectangular compartment is tool small for an iphone and cup holders are for CUPS, not cell phones. Did their engineers not own iphones, blackberries or other models. These might seem trivial but if you are in and out of your vehicle or pick up and drop off clients the door thing will drive you nuts. Rear luggage area is about half the size of a RAV 4 and when you put the back seats down they don't lie flat. Will trade this in the next 3 months."

This is my second of many to come.

By on Monday, February 04, 2013

"I have owned Rave 4 as well as CRV. There is no comparison. The ride of the Rogue is superior in every way."

2nd Rogue so far so good

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "everything is great"

Cons: "having to pay for fuel..no matter what the price"

"This is my second rogue, traded in my 2009, for this 2011 and couldn't be happier. This car has exceeded my expectations. The style is current, the power is adequate, the braking is great, the handling is very good. I have done several trips to Canada from Las Vegas, 18hr drive one way, and both my 2009 and 2011 Rogues have performed flawlessly, from the sun and heat of Vegas, to the cold and snow in Canada, this car can do it all. I have read a few negative reviews about the rogue, and frankly, cannot understand why other people have had trouble. Both Nissan USA and Nissan Canada have serviced my rogues, with flawless attention to detail, and customer service. I have yet to report any problems to the dealers, just merely simple fluid changes, and one fanbelt replacement. Thank you Nissan for creating this SUV....keep up the good work!"

Hate it.

By on Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, quick pick up"

Cons: "Design, price, gas mileage"

"First off, let me say I was duped into buying this car for $27,000... for one step above the base model. It's design, style, comfort, and convenience are all lacking severely. It would have been a nice car in 2000 maybe. With all the new innovations with cars, new body styles and interiors, you'd think Nissan would do a better job with the Rogue for the absurd asking price."

ROGUE SL -Good Car-Good Gas Mileage for AWD.

By on Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pros: "Good Gas Mileage for AWD. Quick Pick Up!"

Cons: "AWD turns itself off. Not much cargo room."

"Car is one of the newer style looking car- everyone thought it looked real neat. Blue Tooth snycs to your cell upon turning your car on and the Bose Speakers are nice and clear for talking to someone. The cloth seats are not that comfortable if you are on a long trip. Also, does not have power seats- which is stated to be in this car. Have owned a couple of luxury vehicles and comfort-wise this does not compare to them. However it makes up for it in gas mileage. AWD is sketchy! Beware if you are driving this vehicle in roads or areas where you may have patchy snow- I have found that the AWD turns itself off when you hit a certain speed, pretty much between 35-40mph.. Have discussed this with other Rogue owners- so it is not a glitch in just my car. RUDE AWAKENING, when you look down and see you are no longer in AWD, driving in a situation where you would like it to be on. It is a little late w/out AWD on to try and hit your brakes and think you may not slide. I am an experienced snow/winter driver and would never push the vehicle on snow if I knew it was not in AWD. So, I find myself acting as if I am driving a 2WD, only because you never know. I previously had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo- very very roomy- but kind of boxy; was originally told the room in this vehicle was comparable to that..Not even close..Because of the rounded body style of the top of the vehicle- you loose a lot of room in back hatch area..Have to use my truck to pick up anything that maybe wider than the dead center of the vehicle. So as a grocery getter, every day driver- who may not do too much bad weather driving or out of town driving and is very cautious, this would be a great car. Looks Great, Good Gas Mileage-Good Everyday Driver- Has Good Pick Up and Speed and is Smooth to Drive."

Really good vehicle

By on Sunday, January 20, 2013

Pros: "economical, comfortable"

Cons: "Difficult parallel parking"

"Bought the car 2WD SL version new 5 years ago, just replaced rear brakes @ 77K miles and serpentine belt, OEM tires lasted 60K miles, very comfortable, easy to drive, pretty quiet inside, decent power, I get 26 MPG or more around town (not really stop and go, though) Bose sound is very nice feature Biggest negative is parallel parking, very difficult to do."

Awesome

By on Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pros: "Great vehicle"

Cons: "Have to pay for the navigation updates"

"I have done a route 66 across america and traveled to several national parks. It was great for my wife and I. Plenty of room for traveling and plenty of storage space. The fuel mileage is about 24.5 mpg and I admit that my foot is a little heavy, I consistently drive about 10 miles an hour above the posted speed limit. Nothing bad to say about the vehicle. Love the rear view camera and power sun roof. Navigation is great but I wish the updates were free ($150 cost each year, but extremely accurate). In the snow, the vehicle tracks excellent."

A Good Mommy Mobile

By on Monday, January 14, 2013

Pros: "Safe."

Cons: "Sloooooooow"

"I went from a peppy 08' Mazda 3 to this mommy car. Sigh... So, I am used to great handling and massive speed. Mazda could go 0-60 in 4 seconds... Rogue - 8-9 seconds. Definitely lots of room to stretch. In sport mode, the RPM's are dragged out to allow more speed. Smooth ride. (no sport suspension) Overall- this is a family (rental) car."

i really do not like the way it drives

By on Sunday, January 06, 2013

"someone help me nissan on route 22 told me i will be able to trade in my new car after a year which is not true i can not trade my car in, and slso that my car will keep its value which it does not"

Best Car Ever!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"This is my 2nd Rogue, I had an '08 which I put 50,000 miles on. I have had no issues with either car. Drove to and from Cleveland last year non-stop (1024 miles each way) and it was a great trip. Drove the '12 to Toronto over the summer. Fun to drive as a commuter as well. And the Bose sound system is the best audio system I have had in any vehicle. I Love My Rogue and would highly recommend this car. I get 25 MPG. I have the SL version with everything except the AWD. I have heard that the AWD makes the car sluggish, so I would test drive the 2WD and the AWD."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, December 05, 2012

"I have about 30,000 miles on this car. It handles well and gets better gas mileage than the Altima that I owned previously."

Worst vehicle ever!

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "Very cute and very comfortable"

Cons: "Peeling paint, poor resale value"

"I bought my 2012 Nissan and after three months the paint began to peel on the bumpers. The company has these issues on the rogues and jukes. Before u buy a Nissan, search consumer reviews on paint issues. I paid 29,000 for the SL package with leather and all the bells and whistles. This vehicle does not hold its value. I have had my bumpers painted and repainted. The paint is still chipping. Nissan consumer affairs has not helped. On the flip side, the car is cute, offers a great ride and has plenty of power. The seats fold down easily and it has plenty of storage space. It does have significant blind spots and nearly impossible to see behind you when backing up. The rear camera helps. If not for the peeling paint and the significant drop in value, this would be a nice choice for a small suv. I also had a previous Nissan that had to be repainted. It's an affordable option, but it's not worth it in the end. You get what you pay for. Good luck and do your research. Sadly, I cannot recommend this vehicle and I will never buy another one."

Dont buy this one

By on Friday, November 30, 2012

Pros: "fuel mileage"

Cons: "Knocking noise in engine, too much road noise"

"Pros: decent fuel mileage Cons: cramped interior with no storage, engine knocks, manufacturer will not back product"

My best car yet

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "DEPENDABLE"

Cons: "Side rear view"

"I've had a lot of cars and this one surpasses them all. It is definitely the best. Everything about it is perfect. The only thing that could be better is rear side vision as the windows on the side are very small"

I keep flip flopping with my opinion of this car.

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Good Gas mileage, Good bad weather vehicle"

Cons: "Not very powerful, noisy, and has blind spots"

"I have a 500 mile round-trip commute each week thru moutain roads that can be quite treacherous in the winter. I wanted the AWD for a safe vehicle as well as one economically good on gas. I feel safe in it and I get good gas mileage. I average about 67 mph on my commute and get about 31 mpg. So no complaints there. But, the power is quite disappointing especially during accerlation. It also is quite noisy. It doesn't idle very quietly either. The design of it makes it travel very well in strong winds without much resistance, but when travelling around 70 mph in a strong wind, there is an annoying whistling. I don't know if that is just my vehicle. The blind spots are bad and you have to very careful backing up and changing lanes. It is roomy and drives really nice once hghway speed is achieved but not too powerful over the steep upgrades. It is roomy and relatively comfortable. I would admit it does do exactly what I bought it for. But, I sort of wish I would have gone with the Forester or the Equinox."

Smooth Ride!

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Smooth, affordable, stylish, trunk space"

Cons: "No button to open the trunk in the car or on key"

"I love my Nissan Rogue. Very comfortable, stylish, dependable, and such a SMOOTH ride. It drives like a sports car. I owned a Mitsubishi Eclipse before this, so I guess I'm used to the rear window not being that great to see out of, so I can't say I'm too upset about it being "difficult" to back up. Great car so far. Also I've seen many reviews about the noisy cabin or noisy CVT .. haven't noticed that at all. Seems quiet to me!"

Reliable, Stylish, and Safe!!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Drives Nice, Stylish, Reliable, Comfortable."

Cons: "Navigation feature is lame."

"This car does great in the WI winters. It drives smooth and is a quiet ride. My only negatives is the carpeting on the driver floor rips easily with high heels by the gas/brakes. Skip the extra $$ for the Navigation. The maps are not that great and it is not as good as what's on my phone. I wish I had skipped this feature. It is nice that the seats fold flat...including the front passenger seat! The Bluetooth is great, but the voice recognition is sometimes slow. It's almost faster to find the contact on my phone than go thru the voice menu. The heated seats get nice and hot. Over all, it's a good car and looks great. I do mostly highway commuting and feel the gas mileage is decent. I would re-buy this car when I'm due for a new car, but next time I will skip the "extras" of navigation."

I've had a horrible experience do not buy this car

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "No pros"

Cons: "Noisy, bad mechanically, not reliable"

"After buysing this card I wish I had not! I've had to change my transmission at only 33k miles! Driving this car is an overall very bad experience. You feel as though you are going 100 mph when you are actually only going 30 mph! It is very noisy inside of the car my recommendation would be not to buy this car."

Rogue is a great car!

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Luxury car for non-luxury price"

Cons: "Wish they had more colors to choose from"

"I am on my second Rogue (hydroplaned and wrecked the first one). The first one (2009 model) was outstanding and surely saved my life in the wreck. So, I turned right around and bought the 2012 model, and I must say that I am VERY impressed with the improvements! Nissan really puts a lot of thought into the design and functionallity of their cars."

Love our Rogue

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, lot of equipment for the money,"

Cons: "none really"

"Traded a 2008 Altima which we loved, but the Rogue is higher off the ground making it easier for 50ish adults to enter and exit. Ours came with an in-dash GPS, heated seats, all around cameras, nice leather, sunroof, all the bells and whistles. Altima averaged 29 mpg and currently we are averaging 25.8 on our Rogue. Rides and drives good. Plenty of room for the grandchildren in the back seat. It is the perfect vehicle for my wife's everyday driving."

luvMyRogue

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"so compact yet so powerful. gorgeous suv both in and out. very comfortable!!!"

AWD SE Model Excellent for Singles & Small family

By on Monday, August 27, 2012

Pros: "Stylish Looks, Good Fuel Economy, Strong Build"

Cons: "Lacks auto-headlights S Trim, Limited cargo space"

"Bought Nissan Rogue 2012 S AWD Special Edition. Requirement - Looking for a crossover which could address the requirements for small family (couple and an infant) and it fit the bill perfectly. - AWD - We get lot of snow here in Phily and AWD became a necessity. Pros - Special Edition provided very good value esp with the reverse parking camera (and 15" aluminium wheels, steering mounted controls, privacy glass, decent audio system) and fog lamps; a must for this SUV which huge D Pillars which limits visibility. - Styling and performance are top notch with ever reliable Nissan quality. CVT with quiet cabin gets good mileage. - Good MPG. I have been getting 21.0 MPG in summer with A/C in typical city driving conditions which is pretty good. - Getting bumper protector is a must have in this trim because of the distinctive styling. - Cabin has some cool features. Cons - Lacks auto-headlights in base S trim. At times you may not realize that headlights are not turned on esp night time. - Limited cargo space although fits the bill for all usual requirements. - Slightly underpowered for quick passing at highways. One has to get the hang of it. For expereinced and defensive drivers it should not be an issue."

Love My Rogue

By on Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, stability on highway, gas mileage."

Cons: "Blind spot."

"This is a great little SUV. It drives wonderfully and gets great gas mileage. I love the way it looks and is very comfortable. If you get one, make sure it has the navigation and back up camera. The car is so much fun to drive my husband always wants to drive it. If you drive one you will like it."

real nice cross over

By on Saturday, August 18, 2012

Pros: "looks great and has lots of toys"

Cons: "the transmission"

"I've had this Suv for a week now and love it !!!!! I had a 2002 trail blazer and it loved to eat gas. Now I've got a Suv that dose the same job as my big gas hog did real sporand it will take time for me to get used to the new transmission it feels like its slipping but it may be the way they built this to save gas everything else is great for the gas miles we get and has a real good sport look to it"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25