• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2013 Nissan Rogue Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $20,429 - $21,094.

10/6.9

8.0

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

LOVE IT!

By on Sunday, June 03, 2012

Pros: "So much fun to drive!"

Cons: "Haven't found one yet!"

"I just bought this car about a month ago and I love everything about it! It's extremely comfortable, handles like a dream, and gets pretty good gas mileage for a car its size. I was rear ended by a Dodge Charger after only 2 weeks of owning it and while my Rogue has only cosmetic damage, the Charger had to be towed away with significant front end damage. I wasn't injured at all and I'm very impressed with how well it stood up to a heavy car like a Charger. This is the perfect vehicle for someone who wants something that drives like a car but also wants to be higher up off the road and in something a little bigger."

Versitile and dependable

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Very safe, good size, backup camera, good looking"

Cons: "Wimpy horn, small rear window, compact cabin"

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

"I previously drove an Altima, which is very roomy, as it is a family sedan, so when I initially test drove the Rogue, I was surprised by the compact feel of the cabin. I have had my 2012 Rogue SV for 7 months now and overall I love it, especially for the versatility and safety features. It's also a good looking car. Mine is red with the chrome details (SV with premium package), and I get compliments on it all the time, even from men. I plan to get Chrome rims too. My only complaint with the compact cabin is the awkward reach for the window controls on the door. I have gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me now, but if you have long arms (I don't) I could see how this might be annoying as it feels like I'm reaching back as opposed to my Altima. BUT I have to admit I also have short legs so my seat is further frontwards than yours might be. The only other two things I would change are the horn (its wimpy "Meep-Meep" sounding), and the rear window is small and high. If it was not for the backup camera with the large in-dash screen, it would be very difficult to parallel park this car. I think you need to have a backup camera given the small rear view. Now on to all the pros! I LOVE the truck sized side mirrors! Less blind spot and good clear view of traffic on both sides. Love the overall size, as I do a lot of Home projects and Home Depot shopping so I needed an SUV, but didn’t want a large gas guzzler. This car is big enough for hauling large materials, and possibly a new dog in the future, plus it's great on gas. I typically get 330 miles to a full tank (15 gal). The convenience features are great too, such as the dash display options (fuel range, fuel economy, etc...I think there are 5 options for your preferance). The backup camera is a huge convenience but I think it should go under safety as well. I love the steering wheel control and large entertainment/video camera screen...lots of compliments on the enertainment/video screen too. Bluetooth, is a must have these days, and it was something I had to have in my new car...absolutely love this feature! XM radio is a great option, but I don't like the subscription cost, so once my free subscription ended I went back to regular radio. BTW the radio signal is way better in this car than my Altima. Must be a better antenna. iPod & Aux connection are great too...as far as entertainment goes there are lots of options: MP3/CD, Radio, XM radio, Aux input for any device or Phone so you can play music from your device or Pandora etc., and a separate iPod/iPhone input which also displays your music on the large dash screen. I also love the Smart Key...No key needed for the ignition but it's not the push button ignition. You just need to have the key in the car with you, turn the ignition, and bam! Also don't need to get your keys out of your purse/pocket to unlock the car, just push the button on the door handle and it unlocks/locks the doors...same for the trunk. The keys cannot be locked in the car either, as it will alert you and won’t lock up. And if you get out of the car and the key-fob is with you but the ignition/battery is on, the car will beep at you to let you know the car is not off. The automatic driver seat...Goes up/down, forward/back, seat tilt, back tilt, and lumbar adjust...Like I said I'm short so good seat adjustment options are important!! Also the seats are comfortable. Ok now for the safety...The breaks on this car are smart...I have never felt safer in another car. They calculate the speed and the amount you are breaking and adjust according to the condition. I drive in HWY 4 traffic in the East Bay (CA), which is notorious for being one of the worst commutes in the country...and I have come very close to rear ending someone a few time since getting the Rogue...to my surprise the breaks have stopped me when I did not think I would be able to stop in time. The Engine & Traction Controls are also smart. I found that the engine will slow me down when I go down the sharp curvy hill on my neighborhood. I therefore have to break less, and I can feel the wheel gain more control. It’s like the car knows I am going a little too fast down the hill and at curves. You can shut these controls off but I keep them on. There is also a "Sport" button which will shut the smart engine controls off, but not the traction control...it allows the car more RPMs I think, and gives you a little more pep. The smart controls don’t inhibit my lead foot though; I like to drive fast and take corners a little fast, and I tend to break a little late on the street. The car still allows me to drive how I like, I think the smart controls just make the drive safer no matter how you drive. The CVT transmission is great especially if you drive in a lot of traffic like I do...there is no shift shock at all! I have heard some complain that it makes the car shake under certain conditions, and I have only felt this once or twice in my car...it was hardly noticeable and it only happens when I gas, break, gas, break too quickly before the transmission has completed its gear change...or right when it starts to change. I think it really depends on how you drive, as it is not a problem for me at all. I also want to note that just two weeks after getting the car, I was rear ended on HWY 4. I was not at a complete stop but was breaking as traffic ahead of me came to a sudden stop. The car behind me was going at least 30mph. She hit her breaks hard and screeched right into me. I saw it coming in the rear view and turned my wheel to the shoulder to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The car hit me pretty hard, and ended up hitting me twice because I took my foot off the break for a second, then broke again because I would have hit the center divider. I got whiplash from it, but my car was fine. Her grill was smashed and her hood bent upwards. My car had almost no damage to the naked eye. She basically hit my bumper and then slid under, and my bumper absorbed the impact. The body shop completely replaced my bumper which extends to the rear fender (big bumper), and found no damage to the frame of the car at all. As hard as she hit me I could not believe how little damage my car suffered. Her insurance paid my body repair bill, but it was only $900…which I also found surprising given the entire bumper was replaced. I hope my review and insight on the Rogue helps someone make their decision, as I read a lot of reviews of different cars before deciding on the Rogue, and I am more than happy with it."

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

Quite

By on Monday, October 24, 2011

Pros: "Quite. Comfortable. Easy to drive and maintenance."

Cons: "nothing"

"Cheap maintenance. Quite and easy to drive. Also can save much gas while you are not embarrased by the internal space of your car."

I keep flip flopping with my opinion of this car.

By on Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Pros: "Good Gas mileage, Good bad weather vehicle"

Cons: "Not very powerful, noisy, and has blind spots"

"I have a 500 mile round-trip commute each week thru moutain roads that can be quite treacherous in the winter. I wanted the AWD for a safe vehicle as well as one economically good on gas. I feel safe in it and I get good gas mileage. I average about 67 mph on my commute and get about 31 mpg. So no complaints there. But, the power is quite disappointing especially during accerlation. It also is quite noisy. It doesn't idle very quietly either. The design of it makes it travel very well in strong winds without much resistance, but when travelling around 70 mph in a strong wind, there is an annoying whistling. I don't know if that is just my vehicle. The blind spots are bad and you have to very careful backing up and changing lanes. It is roomy and drives really nice once hghway speed is achieved but not too powerful over the steep upgrades. It is roomy and relatively comfortable. I would admit it does do exactly what I bought it for. But, I sort of wish I would have gone with the Forester or the Equinox."

Best Car Ever!

By on Thursday, December 13, 2012

"This is my 2nd Rogue, I had an '08 which I put 50,000 miles on. I have had no issues with either car. Drove to and from Cleveland last year non-stop (1024 miles each way) and it was a great trip. Drove the '12 to Toronto over the summer. Fun to drive as a commuter as well. And the Bose sound system is the best audio system I have had in any vehicle. I Love My Rogue and would highly recommend this car. I get 25 MPG. I have the SL version with everything except the AWD. I have heard that the AWD makes the car sluggish, so I would test drive the 2WD and the AWD."