2012 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 378 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Not a mountain vehicle

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Cute car, very roomy"

Cons: "Not a mountain vehicle"

"I bought this car, used, a year and a half ago. Back in July (3 months ago) I started noticing that it was lagging while coming home. The RPMs would fluctuate between 2 and 3 pretty rapidly. The car would not go any faster than 40 miles an hour. When I would come to stop signs it acts like it is going to stall, then it would hardly move through after I made a stop. It makes a clicking noise while I drive it. My car is still under warranty so we took it to the dealer. They claim there is nothing “wrong” with the car and that what I am experiencing is a feature on the vehicle. My husband called the corporate office and explained that this isn’t an issue that we have had and that the problem has got progressively worse. We didn't have the problem in the beginning. They reiterated what the dealer said that it is a “feature” that is put there to cool down the engine, and that they wouldn’t fix it. Researching the symptoms come to find out it aligns perfectly with a problem these cars have with the CVT. Nissan has even extended the warranty on this model (and a few others) to cover this issues until 10 years 120,000 miles. They are still saying it is this other thing. So if you live somewhere in higher elavations, where you have to drive up a mountain to your home, rethink get this vehicle. It won't get you there."

Happy with our purchase

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"We bought this vehicle in march of 2008 right before I had my son, traded up for more room from a honda civic. Plenty of room for a carseat and all the extra junk that comes with a kid. We are a military family stationed in California and we make frequent road trips home to Texas, and this car is great comfortable, quiet, roomy and good on gas for long drives. We love the 4 cylinder has a lot of torque so it has power but still gets good gas mileage. the ride is smooth, the size is perfect for our family and the extra features bose sound system, steering wheel controls, sunroof are great. so far over 40k miles on it and no mechanical problems. The only complaints i have are that the paint chips easily and the seats stain and are hard to clean because of the texture even after the scotch guard that i paid extra for from the dealership. So far 2 factory recalls but were easily taken care of in one day."

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

Looks great and is reliable car.

By on Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pros: "great body design, to the point performnace"

Cons: "Los of power after inclining for one and 1/2 hours"

"Great basic car. My 2009 is really pretty in the light silver with the old school faceted front grill. I don't like how boxie they got after the year 2014. Mine is round and the lines are great. I know its going to be a classic in years to come. The ride is tight like a sports car. You sit up in the chair like an SUV so its comfortable. I've driven long distance to Cali and back, through snow, up to the 14er's. It does have a mechanical flaw that is a common problem with this make and model. After about an hour and a half of ascending, which we do here in the rocky mountains to get over the pass, the car literally loses power to around 20 to 30 mph. It's a computer issue sending the wrong info to...whatever. Yep, its bad, but the Nissan dealers know about this and will fix it if you are still under warranty. If you are looking to buy one, do make sure that this not going to be a problem with yours...get it in writing. That's the only problem. I put truck tires on mine and have a lot of fun getting to great hiking spots, camping, picking the kids up etc."

Great car, better than expected

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought the car at end of March, 2013, have about 12,500 miles. No problems at all. Average about 27 MPG. Runs well, comfortable, convenient, even my GF likes it now, she had doubts when I bought it, she now likes it better than her C300 Benz!"