• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2012 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

excellent vehicle

By on Sunday, November 16, 2008

"I have driven American made cars for years and I find the quality, reliability to be for superior to that of any American Auto I have ever owned and I have owned a lot in my 74 years. I have driven small cars since 1958. I still own a 1965 Ford Falcon Sprint 2 dr ht which was the closest that Ford came to making a good car. I also own a 2007 Honda Accord. No wonder the American Auto makers are going broke!"

By on Monday, October 27, 2008

"Good gas mileage. good ride. engine noisy on acceleration. handles nicely."

By on Sunday, October 12, 2008

Saved my life

By on Saturday, September 27, 2008

"I was recently in a car accident in the Rouge. The side airbags saved my life. The car took the entire impact and I have no permenant damage thanks to this car."

Stylish, sharp and sweet

By on Thursday, September 04, 2008

"We bought this vehicle less than a week ago. I love the styling and how it handles like a car. My only criticism of it is the gas mileage. My Rogue has 800 miles on it and gas mileage has varied wildly--from 13 mpg to 25 mpg. I had a 2006 Altima before which got 30+ mpg on the highway, so this fluctuating gas mileage is driving me crazy. If I can get it to hover around 23-25 mpg, I will be happy. Hopefully, once it is broken in, it will settle down. I could be wrong, but the sticker says it should range from 21-26 mpg, so I am banking on that. It is very stylish with rich interior (I got the premium leather pkg). It feels more like a car than the other crossovers or SUV's I drove. This one is also AWD, so that will take a little getting used to--especially with the CVT transmission. I just hope the gas mileage starts normalizing and improving. my only other comment is that I really miss having the "automatic" headlights that shut off. It seems to have everything else. Nissan, why did that get overlooked on the Rogue?"

"This Car ROCKS!"

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2008

"This Car is Quick for a 4 cylinder! We took it out on a test drive and by the time we merged with traffic we had hit 80. It is smooth riding, roomy, none of that shift surge you get with geared car, infact the "pro" reviewer said he could hear the engine rev up, and be noisy; when you accelerated...we heard none of that. No run up in RPM...this vehicle is a pleasure to drive. The car is for my wife...she had an expedition with an 8 cylinder and she was afraid the Rogue was going to be underpowered...NO WAY she was a happy camper after the test drive."

By on Monday, August 04, 2008

Belive it

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Smaller cargo room than the RAV4, but the handeling is the best in this class, Quality? Is there a lot of different between the TOYOTA and NISSAN? Or....."

By on Saturday, July 19, 2008

Rogue the new crossover

By on Friday, July 18, 2008

"Since I commute 50 miles a day on the highway, I no longer could drive my Scion XA. I needed something larger for the highway, but something that wasn't a gas hog. I tried the Toyota Hybrid, Mazda, Chevy, and Honda but was not impressed by the feel or the handling. I knew the Rogue was new and decided to give it a whirl. What I found was a crossover that could seat two guys over 6 feet and 200 pounds each comfortably. The CVT (Transmission) is new to the US but out for many years in Europe is wonderful. There is no jarring usually found with the regular transmissions....instead it is smooth automatic shifiting. The front seat folds foward and allowed me to bring home a new tree that was 12 feet tall! I have a dog so the room in the back is just huge and she has a huge pillow bed to lay in...as matter of fact, I can lay back there comfortably. The handling of the crossover is more like a sedan and nothing like a SUV. The Bose sounds syteme is incredible especially with the satellite radio. I have the moonroof which gives nice relief when driving down the highway when temps are high. OK, here is the best part, it tells you what your average gas milage is as you are driving...well, I am averaging 30 miles to the gallon on the highway and that is driving between 60-65. My little scion I was averaging about 35-36 highway...so 5 mile difference per gallon considering the ride, handling, and safety is great. Anyway, I have put on 18,000 miles so far and it is running smoothly. I do recommend this to anyone who is looking for something larger but handles like a car and does better than some hybrids. Why pay 10,000 more for a hybrid and get the same gas mileage? where is the savings? Definitely, give the Rogue a try and think you will be happy."