2011 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 379 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

Not a mountain vehicle

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Cute car, very roomy"

Cons: "Not a mountain vehicle"

"I bought this car, used, a year and a half ago. Back in July (3 months ago) I started noticing that it was lagging while coming home. The RPMs would fluctuate between 2 and 3 pretty rapidly. The car would not go any faster than 40 miles an hour. When I would come to stop signs it acts like it is going to stall, then it would hardly move through after I made a stop. It makes a clicking noise while I drive it. My car is still under warranty so we took it to the dealer. They claim there is nothing “wrong” with the car and that what I am experiencing is a feature on the vehicle. My husband called the corporate office and explained that this isn’t an issue that we have had and that the problem has got progressively worse. We didn't have the problem in the beginning. They reiterated what the dealer said that it is a “feature” that is put there to cool down the engine, and that they wouldn’t fix it. Researching the symptoms come to find out it aligns perfectly with a problem these cars have with the CVT. Nissan has even extended the warranty on this model (and a few others) to cover this issues until 10 years 120,000 miles. They are still saying it is this other thing. So if you live somewhere in higher elavations, where you have to drive up a mountain to your home, rethink get this vehicle. It won't get you there."

Happy with our purchase

By on Wednesday, January 6, 2010

"We bought this vehicle in march of 2008 right before I had my son, traded up for more room from a honda civic. Plenty of room for a carseat and all the extra junk that comes with a kid. We are a military family stationed in California and we make frequent road trips home to Texas, and this car is great comfortable, quiet, roomy and good on gas for long drives. We love the 4 cylinder has a lot of torque so it has power but still gets good gas mileage. the ride is smooth, the size is perfect for our family and the extra features bose sound system, steering wheel controls, sunroof are great. so far over 40k miles on it and no mechanical problems. The only complaints i have are that the paint chips easily and the seats stain and are hard to clean because of the texture even after the scotch guard that i paid extra for from the dealership. So far 2 factory recalls but were easily taken care of in one day."

Great car, better than expected

By on Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought the car at end of March, 2013, have about 12,500 miles. No problems at all. Average about 27 MPG. Runs well, comfortable, convenient, even my GF likes it now, she had doubts when I bought it, she now likes it better than her C300 Benz!"

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

Looks great and is reliable car.

By on Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Pros: "great body design, to the point performnace"

Cons: "Los of power after inclining for one and 1/2 hours"

"Great basic car. My 2009 is really pretty in the light silver with the old school faceted front grill. I don't like how boxie they got after the year 2014. Mine is round and the lines are great. I know its going to be a classic in years to come. The ride is tight like a sports car. You sit up in the chair like an SUV so its comfortable. I've driven long distance to Cali and back, through snow, up to the 14er's. It does have a mechanical flaw that is a common problem with this make and model. After about an hour and a half of ascending, which we do here in the rocky mountains to get over the pass, the car literally loses power to around 20 to 30 mph. It's a computer issue sending the wrong info to...whatever. Yep, its bad, but the Nissan dealers know about this and will fix it if you are still under warranty. If you are looking to buy one, do make sure that this not going to be a problem with yours...get it in writing. That's the only problem. I put truck tires on mine and have a lot of fun getting to great hiking spots, camping, picking the kids up etc."

My First CUV - Quite impressive :-)

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Quality sound system, comfortable seating"

Cons: "Slight engine vibration"

"I traded my 2010 Honda Civic EX for the Rogue SV (equipped with the Premium Package and AWD). I absolutely LOVE this vehicle! It's roomy, smooth, comfortable AND intelligent! The touch-screen radio/navigation, Bluetooth technology and keyless start definitely come in handy (although some of the maps are a bit outdated). I've read stories about the CVT being an annoyance, but honestly, it's only loud and "irritable" during hard acceleration(the engine will rev at high speeds until you release the gas pedal a little). Where immediate acceleration isn't necessary (ie. suburbs, city), the engine's VERY quiet and smooth. Passing fellow motorists is virtually effortless; acceleration is very prompt. The factory sound system is amazing (it isn't BOSE, but it's an upgrade from the standard stereo Nissan offers in lower trims). The interior quality and seating are MUCH, MUCH more comfortable than my Honda(Honda simply does not produce comfortable cars, in my opinion). I purchased the car in May of this year, so I'm not yet sure how it responds to snow/ice - BUT it's quite responsive! I avoided hitting a deer one night and the traction control initiated almost instantly. My only cons are: the sunglasses holder above has somewhat of a budget feel, and the engine vibrates a little around 2,200 RPMs - this could just be a signature of a CVT. These aren't deal breakers, however. I'm very pleased with the style and overall quality of the Rogue! Way to go, Nissan!"

Sturdy and Stylish

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG, great in snow"

"Amazed at how roomy it is, yet I don't feel like I'm driving a big car. The ride is pretty smooth and handles fairly well in heavy WI snows. All in all, I wouldn't think of getting a different model when it comes time to trade in for a new car. I drive hard and this car keeps up with my awful driving."

Best car i've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious, affordable, high MPG for its class, comfortable, clear bluetooth sound"

Cons: "Interior design is kind of generic"

"Very spacious, drives smooth, rear backup camera is nice. Bluetooth works great, very clear. would've liked to have the built in garage door opener on the rearview mirror (like the altima, maxima, et al)."

2010 SL Rogue

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Purchased this crossover new in June 2010, after comparing Hyundai Tuscon, Toyota Rav-4 and Honda CR-V. Rogue was a better value with applicable rebates and a preferred dealer. The positives are sleek exterior styling, but compromises rear visibility, ground clearance height affords good forward visibility, power acceleration for highway driving, comfortable front passenger seat for my 6' 3" husband. Negatives: Suspension, ride is rough feels like a truck over the slightest bumps, turning radius is wider than expected, steering wrestles in tight spots. Convenience and cosmetics: Fuel port on passenger side, dealer says this is with all Japanese cars, not true not even on all Nissans, no remote fuel port release, a feature found on lower end models, why not on the Rogue? After market locking gas cap is not recommended and Nissan is not interested in hearing about it. No rear door pockets, or locking glove compartment, cheap woven cloth upholstery, concerns about durability although only 2 adult passengers. Horn sounds like a toy. Rebates and a responsive dealer sold this vehcle."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Have had my Rouge for 15 months and love it. Would like to see auto lights and a better back window. Blind spot in the back is the only bad thing about it. Rides really great and smooth and handles wonderful."

Classy.

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Classy, stylish, comfortable, smooth tranny, very smooth ride"

Cons: "Not enough front storage, seats a little stiff"

"We bought our Rogue Krom Edition back in June of this year. We got the White Pearl, added a moon roof and a few other features. We love this car. It's very classy.. stylish.. great on gas for it's class... It gets about the same mileage as our 2008 Altima did. The only complaint I have is there isn't much storage in the front consoles... Seems to be a lot of unused space. I love the CVT tranny, and it rides SO smooth. Plenty of room for the kiddos. I would recommend this ride. I also own a 2008 Honda Civic EXL coupe... I wouldn't say Nissan is cheaply made like other people have said on here. I think some have just had poor service. You know what they say... for every one bad experience, the reputation gets dinged. Go drive one for yourself."

Good appearance, sporty. A lot of road noise.

By on Monday, April 7, 2014

"Seals on doors aren't very good. Let a lot of road noise in while driving. Can always hear the wind outside the car and the tires are loud. Don't care for the center console between the front bucket seats. Would prefer to be able to open the front windows when the window locks are engaged. Large blind spot between the small windows toward the back of the car and the passenger windows in the rear. Front bumper paint has always been discolored."

2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD: Steer Clear of This One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fairly inexpensive; decent trim level. Smooth ride"

Cons: "Completely unreliable powertrain. Poor engineering"

"Transmission leaks at 50,000 miles and having to replace the rear differential at 73,000 is indicative of a LEMON. Nissan's CVT is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen, too. Add in sensor lights that keep popping on and off at random and you have one annoying, unreliable vehicle. Steer Clear of the Nissan Rogue!"

CVT Transmission problems

By on Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"CVT transmission replaced twice so far. Poor customer service, and no real interest shown in the problem or our customer experience from either Nissan or the dealership. No plans on purchasing another Nissan."

Have loved it since day I bought it.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Great handling. Comfortable. To drive"

"It has never let me down"

Love our Rogue

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "comfortable, lot of equipment for the money,"

Cons: "none really"

"Traded a 2008 Altima which we loved, but the Rogue is higher off the ground making it easier for 50ish adults to enter and exit. Ours came with an in-dash GPS, heated seats, all around cameras, nice leather, sunroof, all the bells and whistles. Altima averaged 29 mpg and currently we are averaging 25.8 on our Rogue. Rides and drives good. Plenty of room for the grandchildren in the back seat. It is the perfect vehicle for my wife's everyday driving."

Great car for the money

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "28 to 30 mph highway with AWD, good handling"

Cons: "need more 12v plugs, Ipod plug is hard to reach"

"Had this car for a year. Moved from a mini-van, wanted an SUV I could afford that would go where I needed. This car fits the bill nicely. It only comes with a 2.5L 4-cyl engine but that works great about 95% of the time, I wish it had a V6 about 5% of the time. I have drivenon Interstates and in big cities - NYC, Washington DC, Northern Va, Tidewater Va, and others - and it keeps up with traffic really well. I have driven through the Blue Ridge mtns, Smokey Mtns, Green Mtns, and White Mtns on all tyles of roads from paved to dirt and it met my expectations. The only time I want more power is when there ar 4 large adults in the car or when I am towing. Moved a kid to college and carried all his stuff in one load with one passener."

car did everyting I expected, better than expected

By on Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pros: "An mpg mountain goat that carries 4 kayaks"

Cons: "Road noise could be reduced"

3 on top and one inside

"Reliable, fuel efficient for a 4WD, best 4WD I have ever owned. I commute over hills in Vermont that I went around with my 4WD truck. Rougue has never let me down. 4WD, ABS and stability control system have bailed me out more than once. Handles like a sports car but rides like a big car. Great comfort and the best heat ever. Not the quietest car I ever owned but I can carry kayaks on the roof and with the fold down front seat, a 9'6" kayak can ride inside. Beat that!"

3 on top and one inside

its been great for a 12000 miles Rogue!!!

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pros: "its good to own a Rogue!!!"

Cons: "AWD is a expensive and some dealers moneyface."

"! own this Rogue 2011 AWD and its been the best buddy i have ever since. We move into Las Vegas from Mississippi and i just drove the Rogue and it was awesome drive... it was a smooth drive. I drove the rogue for a straight 18 hours only i make gas for a stop and the Rogue runs excellent.From downhill to uphill from the strong rains and hot weather its just help me to be very comfortable. I do recommend Rogue.. it doesnt have a strong hp but its been very reliable. thank you!"

Pleasantly suprised

By on Sunday, April 11, 2010

"We love our Rogue. It's comfortable and get's decent gas mileage. Exactly what we were looking for!"

Very happy with this car!

By on Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"I did alot of research before buying this car. I wanted something good on gas but still stylish and practical. I went from a ford taurus to this vehicle and I am definitely getting better milage and I have alot more room. It's fun to drive, attractive, and I love the hatch. Oh, and it handles really well in the snow too. I have no regrets. However, I think they could do a better paint job."

RECOMMENDED

By on Monday, September 7, 2009

"if you are looking for economy, comfort and reliability, this is the crossover to have. I have driven over 23,000 miles in 9 months and have had no issues with this vehicle. I drive about 25% city and 75% highway and average about 25mpg. It's a great valus for the money. I have an SL with factory bluetooth, XM and Bose. Navi would be a nice feature, but was not a deal breaker for me. I would highly recommend this vehicle to a friend."

Best car in its class

By on Wednesday, March 12, 2008

"I just traded in a C320 Benz for this car and I absolutely love it. This car rides so smooth and is just the right size without being a huge SUV. 5 stars all the way."

" a show stopper"

By on Sunday, February 24, 2008

"I purchased the Rogue in indigo blue back in october 2007 and I absolutely enjoy driving this vehicle. You get alot of car for the price compared to other crossovers in the market. If you are looking for superior comfort, reliability, performance, safety with adequate speed and gas milage, I definitely recommend this vehicle."

Reliable, Stylish, and Safe!!

By on Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pros: "Safe, Drives Nice, Stylish, Reliable, Comfortable."

Cons: "Navigation feature is lame."

"This car does great in the WI winters. It drives smooth and is a quiet ride. My only negatives is the carpeting on the driver floor rips easily with high heels by the gas/brakes. Skip the extra $$ for the Navigation. The maps are not that great and it is not as good as what's on my phone. I wish I had skipped this feature. It is nice that the seats fold flat...including the front passenger seat! The Bluetooth is great, but the voice recognition is sometimes slow. It's almost faster to find the contact on my phone than go thru the voice menu. The heated seats get nice and hot. Over all, it's a good car and looks great. I do mostly highway commuting and feel the gas mileage is decent. I would re-buy this car when I'm due for a new car, but next time I will skip the "extras" of navigation."