2011 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 359 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

AWESOME in ALL WEATHERS

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"We bought this car by accident. We had just been in a car accident and only had a couple thousand saved for a down that will somehow help our horrible situation. Well most dealerships couldn't until we ended up in Nissan where a Subaru dealship sent us. They had one car they could get us in but I hated the color, blue. Either way we took it for a test drive and I was amazed. The car is AWD when you need it. So it automatically turns on if the car needed all the tires or you can push a button and it will drive on all 4's. It's great for those who like on seriously winter location, like in Mammoth Lakes, CA. It never failed or slipped on thick ice or snow. It can drive over small burms of snow where a chevy silverado coulnd't for the life of it. It handles great on all the quick turns on the cliff road when visiting Yosemite's mountains. Handles great at all times even when we moved back to the city and having to deal with traffic. It takes of really smooth and excels without jerking you around. I love this car and I completely recommend it to anymore. Only downfall is the trunk space. It's more limited then a bigger SUV of course."

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love everything about our Rogue except the HUGE blind spot in the rear passenger side. Nissan - you really need to redesign this to correct this defect on an otherwise lovely vehicle. Handles well, great MPG, roomy interior."

Exactly What I Waited For

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I bought one of the first...serial number 100244...on October 1st. It's an SL AWD with the Premium package. As of 2/28/08 it has almost 9,000 miles on it, and I will never go back to an automatic trans because the CVT that Nissan placed in this vehicle is pure dynamite. I love it. Gets 28-30 MPG on the road, about 23-25 locally (hills and valleys driving)."

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

2nd Rogue so far so good

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "everything is great"

Cons: "having to pay for fuel..no matter what the price"

"This is my second rogue, traded in my 2009, for this 2011 and couldn't be happier. This car has exceeded my expectations. The style is current, the power is adequate, the braking is great, the handling is very good. I have done several trips to Canada from Las Vegas, 18hr drive one way, and both my 2009 and 2011 Rogues have performed flawlessly, from the sun and heat of Vegas, to the cold and snow in Canada, this car can do it all. I have read a few negative reviews about the rogue, and frankly, cannot understand why other people have had trouble. Both Nissan USA and Nissan Canada have serviced my rogues, with flawless attention to detail, and customer service. I have yet to report any problems to the dealers, just merely simple fluid changes, and one fanbelt replacement. Thank you Nissan for creating this SUV....keep up the good work!"

My First CUV - Quite impressive :-)

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Quality sound system, comfortable seating"

Cons: "Slight engine vibration"

"I traded my 2010 Honda Civic EX for the Rogue SV (equipped with the Premium Package and AWD). I absolutely LOVE this vehicle! It's roomy, smooth, comfortable AND intelligent! The touch-screen radio/navigation, Bluetooth technology and keyless start definitely come in handy (although some of the maps are a bit outdated). I've read stories about the CVT being an annoyance, but honestly, it's only loud and "irritable" during hard acceleration(the engine will rev at high speeds until you release the gas pedal a little). Where immediate acceleration isn't necessary (ie. suburbs, city), the engine's VERY quiet and smooth. Passing fellow motorists is virtually effortless; acceleration is very prompt. The factory sound system is amazing (it isn't BOSE, but it's an upgrade from the standard stereo Nissan offers in lower trims). The interior quality and seating are MUCH, MUCH more comfortable than my Honda(Honda simply does not produce comfortable cars, in my opinion). I purchased the car in May of this year, so I'm not yet sure how it responds to snow/ice - BUT it's quite responsive! I avoided hitting a deer one night and the traction control initiated almost instantly. My only cons are: the sunglasses holder above has somewhat of a budget feel, and the engine vibrates a little around 2,200 RPMs - this could just be a signature of a CVT. These aren't deal breakers, however. I'm very pleased with the style and overall quality of the Rogue! Way to go, Nissan!"

Classy.

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Classy, stylish, comfortable, smooth tranny, very smooth ride"

Cons: "Not enough front storage, seats a little stiff"

"We bought our Rogue Krom Edition back in June of this year. We got the White Pearl, added a moon roof and a few other features. We love this car. It's very classy.. stylish.. great on gas for it's class... It gets about the same mileage as our 2008 Altima did. The only complaint I have is there isn't much storage in the front consoles... Seems to be a lot of unused space. I love the CVT tranny, and it rides SO smooth. Plenty of room for the kiddos. I would recommend this ride. I also own a 2008 Honda Civic EXL coupe... I wouldn't say Nissan is cheaply made like other people have said on here. I think some have just had poor service. You know what they say... for every one bad experience, the reputation gets dinged. Go drive one for yourself."

Goin' Rogue....

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Cute and sporty."

Cons: "Blind spots, cheap material in seats, seats are uncomfortable on long trips."

"I wish they had a better design as far as blind spots. Sometimes it is hard to see in mirror and side windows. Gas mileage is okay, not the greatest but as stated. Sometimes feel a weird vibration but was told by the dealer it is the CVT. Had to replace rear wiper blade 1 month after purchase because it wouldn't work correctly. Not sure if I would buy another Rogue but will drive this one until it won't go any further. Wonder why they made the Rogue just a smaller version of the Murano but I do like it, the Murano just seemed too big and clunky. But overall I do like my Rogue and am happy with it."

I Liked My Wife's New Rogue So Much ...

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"... I bought one myself! After driving every small SUV on the road, we both concluded that the Rogue was by far the smoothest riding. There's plenty of power, and the CVT transmission makes the vehicle seems as if it's gliding ... obviously not the typical SUV suspension. We don't find the supposed "drone" an issue, nor do we feel the need for a V-6. The interior is quiet and well-appointed. We both have SL models with the Premium and Leather Packages ... and still came in at about $22k. The $1750 rebate helped, but the Rogue's overall value is the best in its class. The Intelligent Key and Bluetooth features are very convenient, especially for my wife, whose keys and phone always manage to gravitate to the bottom of her purse. We'd like to see auto-on/off headlamps and climate control (standard on many upper-end competitors), and there's a pretty serious blind spot, requiring extra caution. The power lock controls are not illuminated, and a navigation/backup camera option is available only with the S Model 360 Package (this makes no sense). Aftermarket versions are inferior, and cost just about as much. The quality, styling, fit and finish make the Rogue a excellent SUV. You must drive one to appreciate its silky performance."

Best Small SUV

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"With excellent gas mileage, easy to handle, very stable ride with AWD, good looking interior and exterior, dog friendly with flat folding seats, it is highly recommended. Have 22,000 miles and absoltely no problems."