2011 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

So Comfy

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great price, comfortable, roomy"

"I absolutely love my car! I have the SL AWD and drove it from Chicago to LA November 2013. Ridiculously comfortable the entire trip (I drove 1/2 way - ~1,000 miles). Gas mileage - Fantastic! There is this annoying rattling noise that comes from the passenger right/dash area...not consistently and I just keep the music on to block it out. It has given me weird starting issues twice but started on the 2nd try both times. I think the back seat is super roomy for a smaller SUV and I don't know why people say the cargo area is small...? I had a 2001 Maxima and I can easily fit a lot more than I ever could into my Maxima's trunk...and remember I drove this cross-country so it was loaded to the max. Fit a lot of our stuff! There isn't a ton of power and I definitely had an adjustment period from a 6cyl Maxima to the Rogue, being a 4cyl. But it picks up pretty quickly on hwy once you understand how it drives. Handled really well and was fun to drive in the snow. Of course I bought AWD and then moved to LA 9mos later ;) I feel very safe in this car."

I bought it in December 2012

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Looks very good and externally attractive"

Cons: "Low in fuel efficiency during cold season 17/Gol"

"Before I bought this car I rent to drive when I was visiting GA in the summer of 2009. The car is looks sexy from out side but the interior was very crowded particularly front, mug holder area is very inconvenient. In August of 2014 I end up taking back to the dealer for some what looks like spraying water and they said it was loose muffler I was lucky enough it is in the warranty period and the fixed it with no charge. The most problem and I was dissatisfied with this car is its fuel inefficiency particularly during the cold season. for example this is just beginning of December and it runs only 17 miles gallon I am really disappointed. Also the tire comes with it was very cheap and I end up changing a week a go. I am not sure if I can recommend anyone to buy this car particularly if you live a place getting cold like MN."

Good handeling and mileage

By on Saturday, December 06, 2014

Pros: "good mileage and handels great"

Cons: "cup holders inconvient for driver"

"Bought this car in May and have made 2 trips in it. It handles good and gets great mileage. It is a little hard for me to get in and out as I'm 6'4" and in my 70's. There are a lot of little things that need to be redesigned but over all I like it"

not a bad vehicle for the price

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "nice looking vehicle very reliable"

Cons: "door handles poorly constructed weak linkage"

"not a bad vehicle for the price poorly constructed door handles"

$ for $ a great value

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pros: "Value; reliability; handling; fuel economy"

Cons: "Blind spots"

"I have had absolutely no issues with the car. Drives great; good gas mileage; AWD works well in snow. I am looking to get another one soon."

solid, reliable vehicle

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "drives nice, good gas mileage"

"No problems whatsoever through first 3 years. Nice driving vehicle for an SUV."

Perfect vehicle that responds exactly as I expect.

By on Thursday, October 16, 2014

Pros: "Great price and a steady (not exactly fun) ride"

"The Rogue gives you a sense of confidence that it will perform flawlessly in all conditions, including deep, slushy snow. Perfect for cruising long distances."

BEST VEHICLE ECONOMICAL AND VERY SAFE

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "IT IS SO EASY TO GET IN AND OUT OF PARKING SPACES"

"I LOVE MY ROGUE, I JUST NEED THREE ROW SEATING, IT HAS BEEN A VERY DEPENDABLE, GOOD ON GAS NOT ONE PROBLEM WITH IT EXCEPT PEOPLE DINGING MY DOOR ."

Great SUV priced right rides great good mpg would

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Would highly recommend this car great value"

"Great car roomy good mpg highly recommend"

just like new

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

"excellant"

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Pros: "Everything and more that a midsize SUV should be."

"The Rogue in my opinion is the best thought out and designed car ever. Excellent style and wind resistant, great mileage, Lot's of space and comfort and it is quite quick on the highway."

Comfy with little space

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Very Comfortable, Fun to drive, Good layout"

Cons: "Cargo Space, Wind Noise"

"For a family car it is great! It is EXTREMELY Comfortable! The Plus: Leather interior easy to keep clean, heated seats are a dream for winter, the layout of the car is practical and the car is easily manuverable. It has some get up and go which can make it a very fun vehicle as well. Great for long trips as well. Very little blind spots.. Overall a Great Vehicle. Downsides- Cargo space is no different than that of a car. Actually think I could fit more in a car than I could this vehicle. The Wind noise when the windows are down is great than that of several other vehicles. It can be too loud to hold a conversation. (I can't think of anything else!) Nissan also has a great warranty on the CVT Transmission- Ours went out and they covered the replacement of it at no cost, included a rental car etc. We didn't have to pay a dime!!!!"

GREAT CAR FOR THE MONEY

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "GREAT PRICE, FUN TO DRIVE. HAD EVERYTHING WE NEED"

Cons: "NO PROBLEMS AT ALL"

"WE BOUGHT THE ROUGE IN ORLANDO, AND SET OUT TO SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL COUNTRY. WE TRAVELED COAST TO COAST AND BORDER TO BORDER. VERY COMFORTABLE TRIP AND GOOD MILEAGE. COULD NOT HAVE HAD A BETTER TRIP. THANKS NISSAN!"

Still Undecided...

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage."

Cons: "Powertain is "under powered." Overpriced."

"I bought this vehicle to drive during our wintering in Florida. (We are Canadians). Our 2010 Rogue sits for long periods (sometimes 10 months) with little or no driving, and the battery is usually dead when we return, so it always needs a boost. However,recalling the "sale price", as we bought the vehicle new on New Year's eve in 2010 from a local dealer, after a very quick decision, (as they were clearing them out) with tax in, it was $23,500 USD. We bought it for the simple reason that we were tired of renting cars during our stays in Florida and owning anything would be better than the $600 per week on rentals. Overall impressions; the car is great on gas, rides nicely and handles well on highway or city driving. It is also very spacious and there is good cargo size. However, we have found that for what you get in accessories compared to say a Hyundai Tuscon, is minimal. We have the 2010 Rogue with the "360" package which provides a rearview camera (its partly because of a design flaw with this model which provides a blind spot for the driver, on the right side), alloy wheels, a spoiler and a chrome grille. However, there are few power features inside, only the windows and mirrors, no power seats (which is a pain when you have a couple of drivers). The interior is VERY minimally appointed, it only came with a basic AM/FM radio with a CD player which does not play MP3 burned CDs, and cheap looking cloth interior. Pros: Good gas mileage. Spacious (will seat 5 comfortably), lots of storage, decent exterior styling, rear view cam. Cons: CRV Transmission (feels like its always lugging and there is a lot of engine noise), low power (engine just seems a little too small), lack of accessories for the price, driver blind spot for right rear side, minimal interior design and styling. Our perspective on this vehicle after owning it for 4 years; we purchased it too fast and did not look at other comparable options. Looking back, we may have bought something else. There are a number of other vehicles which for the price could have given us a lot more for the money, we have discovered."

BLIND SPOTS!

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Pros: "Great in SNOW - really great!"

Cons: "Blind spot on the left side particularly."

"I love the way my Rogue handles. We had a terrible winter last year in N.J. and my Rogue managed very, very well in the snow that came so frequently it rarely was removed! The only drawback from the very start has been its blind spot (due to a abbreviated rear window) and I am hoping with my next Rogue's enhanced electronics this will help to overcome any design deficiencies impeding view. When I traded in my Explorer in 2008 I decided to lease my first Rogue for a two years period (was worried it would prove too small). Despite its blind spots (which I have learned to overcome with careful placement of mirrors) I elected to purchase a 2010 Rogue. Now, I am liking the looks of the newest Rogue!"

never had any trouble with it! great gas mileage

By on Tuesday, September 30, 2014

"overall I gave it a 9/10!! It is a dependable car!"

Don't buy this car,

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

"Buyer BEWARE! The transmission CVT went down on me twice! Had it under warranty and the replaced it twice! And now, as soon as the warranty expired it's gone again! Never buying Nissan again!"

I need a new one!

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable to drive, and comfortable seat."

Cons: "doesn't have the "take off power" that I like"

"I have 120,000 miles on my Rogue. I love Road trips and it has carried me on many of them. My Rogue has never let me down. I have taken care of regular maintenance, i.e. oil changes and tire rotations and One tune up. I'm on my 3rd set of tires and my Rogue doesn't sound or act like it is giving up on traveling any time soon. Another writer mentioned overheating the transmission when traveling. I have never experienced that issue but have only driven up to 8 hours at a time, with most of that being in the mountains of West Virginia. Highway travel up to 6 hours has never been a problem with my Rogue. Guess I've been fortunate."

Not for the mountains or hard driving

By on Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Good mileage, roomy"

Cons: "Engine noise, stalls out when hot"

"The car runs great on flatland and at 70MPH. Recently on a couple of trips west, we found that the car does not like the mountains or being pushed hard for long periods of time. Found a forum online that talks about this issue. Once the transmission gets hot, it will go into what is called limp mode until t cools down, which means pulling over and turning off the car. If you do not pull over, the car will keep losing power until it is undrivable. This is to bad, as I love the car, the fit and finish is great and it is very comfortable to drive. I also average 28MPG. However, I will be trading it as I have to travel, and cannot trust it. It needs a transmission cooler to fix this problem."

problems with transmission

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "great idea, wrong care"

Cons: "cvt, thought would be pro is con"

"had transmission problems, found out after getting quote of 3900 dollars from mechanic still under warranty. Took to dealership and got call that problem was transmission seal and get this seal was not part of transmission 1900 dollars please. Dealer stepped in and only had to pay 300 but now I don't trust the cvt transmission"

Love it!!!!

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive and handles heavy rain extremely well"

Cons: "Still to be determined"

"I traded in my 2003 CRV for this Rogue, best decision I have made. Not only do I get better gas mileage 28.3, I have all the bells and whistles. I have not driven in the snow yet,so I am hopeful it handles as well in the snow as it does in the downpours we have had this summer."

Like not love this car

By on Saturday, August 02, 2014

Pros: "handeling and pick up is great"

Cons: "poor quality interior and horn."

"I had the 2008 Rouge when it first came out. Everything on it was better. The interior carpet was high quality, the horn was a full sound, not a beep like the 2012. The color red was beautiful, not like the 2012 color."

Awesome car, too big for me. I bought a Note Hatch

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Many seat and space configurations. Comfort beyond"

Cons: "none. not one."

"This 2012 Rogue SV is like a stallion but I really needed a pony. I bought a 2014 Nissan Versa Note Hatchback a few months ago and it fits this 5ft tall granny like a race car. This Rogue is parked under the carport begging to hit the highway. It is perfect for city or long drives. It is a road tripping car big enough for the kids and the dogs and trip taking and sports playing stuff. The Dealership where I bought both cars wants this one back because they know they will sell it quickly."

wow nice for a japanese car

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

"buy it so i can get my resale value"

o.k. I guess

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Reason: boring

Pros: "price and reliability"

Cons: "boring, sluggish and easy to scratch"

"Pro: price Con: sluggish and boring to drive. I was excited when I first bought this car since the price was inexpensive and I was able to afford the sl model. Very quickly I found this car boring and did not enjoy driving it. The rogue is loud and sluggish when driving and I averaged around 22 mpg. The biggest thing I did not enjoy was that the backup camera is placed to low to use. Overall the price is not bad but spend a little extra if you want a car you will drive for a while. I never had one mechanical issue and found the car to be quite reliable."