2011 Nissan Rogue

8.1

Based on 353 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Versitile and dependable

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Very safe, good size, backup camera, good looking"

Cons: "Wimpy horn, small rear window, compact cabin"

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

"I previously drove an Altima, which is very roomy, as it is a family sedan, so when I initially test drove the Rogue, I was surprised by the compact feel of the cabin. I have had my 2012 Rogue SV for 7 months now and overall I love it, especially for the versatility and safety features. It's also a good looking car. Mine is red with the chrome details (SV with premium package), and I get compliments on it all the time, even from men. I plan to get Chrome rims too. My only complaint with the compact cabin is the awkward reach for the window controls on the door. I have gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me now, but if you have long arms (I don't) I could see how this might be annoying as it feels like I'm reaching back as opposed to my Altima. BUT I have to admit I also have short legs so my seat is further frontwards than yours might be. The only other two things I would change are the horn (its wimpy "Meep-Meep" sounding), and the rear window is small and high. If it was not for the backup camera with the large in-dash screen, it would be very difficult to parallel park this car. I think you need to have a backup camera given the small rear view. Now on to all the pros! I LOVE the truck sized side mirrors! Less blind spot and good clear view of traffic on both sides. Love the overall size, as I do a lot of Home projects and Home Depot shopping so I needed an SUV, but didn’t want a large gas guzzler. This car is big enough for hauling large materials, and possibly a new dog in the future, plus it's great on gas. I typically get 330 miles to a full tank (15 gal). The convenience features are great too, such as the dash display options (fuel range, fuel economy, etc...I think there are 5 options for your preferance). The backup camera is a huge convenience but I think it should go under safety as well. I love the steering wheel control and large entertainment/video camera screen...lots of compliments on the enertainment/video screen too. Bluetooth, is a must have these days, and it was something I had to have in my new car...absolutely love this feature! XM radio is a great option, but I don't like the subscription cost, so once my free subscription ended I went back to regular radio. BTW the radio signal is way better in this car than my Altima. Must be a better antenna. iPod & Aux connection are great too...as far as entertainment goes there are lots of options: MP3/CD, Radio, XM radio, Aux input for any device or Phone so you can play music from your device or Pandora etc., and a separate iPod/iPhone input which also displays your music on the large dash screen. I also love the Smart Key...No key needed for the ignition but it's not the push button ignition. You just need to have the key in the car with you, turn the ignition, and bam! Also don't need to get your keys out of your purse/pocket to unlock the car, just push the button on the door handle and it unlocks/locks the doors...same for the trunk. The keys cannot be locked in the car either, as it will alert you and won’t lock up. And if you get out of the car and the key-fob is with you but the ignition/battery is on, the car will beep at you to let you know the car is not off. The automatic driver seat...Goes up/down, forward/back, seat tilt, back tilt, and lumbar adjust...Like I said I'm short so good seat adjustment options are important!! Also the seats are comfortable. Ok now for the safety...The breaks on this car are smart...I have never felt safer in another car. They calculate the speed and the amount you are breaking and adjust according to the condition. I drive in HWY 4 traffic in the East Bay (CA), which is notorious for being one of the worst commutes in the country...and I have come very close to rear ending someone a few time since getting the Rogue...to my surprise the breaks have stopped me when I did not think I would be able to stop in time. The Engine & Traction Controls are also smart. I found that the engine will slow me down when I go down the sharp curvy hill on my neighborhood. I therefore have to break less, and I can feel the wheel gain more control. It’s like the car knows I am going a little too fast down the hill and at curves. You can shut these controls off but I keep them on. There is also a "Sport" button which will shut the smart engine controls off, but not the traction control...it allows the car more RPMs I think, and gives you a little more pep. The smart controls don’t inhibit my lead foot though; I like to drive fast and take corners a little fast, and I tend to break a little late on the street. The car still allows me to drive how I like, I think the smart controls just make the drive safer no matter how you drive. The CVT transmission is great especially if you drive in a lot of traffic like I do...there is no shift shock at all! I have heard some complain that it makes the car shake under certain conditions, and I have only felt this once or twice in my car...it was hardly noticeable and it only happens when I gas, break, gas, break too quickly before the transmission has completed its gear change...or right when it starts to change. I think it really depends on how you drive, as it is not a problem for me at all. I also want to note that just two weeks after getting the car, I was rear ended on HWY 4. I was not at a complete stop but was breaking as traffic ahead of me came to a sudden stop. The car behind me was going at least 30mph. She hit her breaks hard and screeched right into me. I saw it coming in the rear view and turned my wheel to the shoulder to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The car hit me pretty hard, and ended up hitting me twice because I took my foot off the break for a second, then broke again because I would have hit the center divider. I got whiplash from it, but my car was fine. Her grill was smashed and her hood bent upwards. My car had almost no damage to the naked eye. She basically hit my bumper and then slid under, and my bumper absorbed the impact. The body shop completely replaced my bumper which extends to the rear fender (big bumper), and found no damage to the frame of the car at all. As hard as she hit me I could not believe how little damage my car suffered. Her insurance paid my body repair bill, but it was only $900…which I also found surprising given the entire bumper was replaced. I hope my review and insight on the Rogue helps someone make their decision, as I read a lot of reviews of different cars before deciding on the Rogue, and I am more than happy with it."

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

A very nice crossover SUV

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Gas economy, stylish, functional, AWD."

Cons: "Few storage areas, elegance is not an option."

"Before buying this SUV, I owned a Volkswagen Passat 3.6 litter engine, front wheel drive. I must say that it was a fast car, that performed well. But, high gas cost, required super, or anything over 91 octane,high parts cost, and general electrical system issues made me dump it. Putting $50 of gas in it, lasted between 7-9 days. Enter the Nissan Rogue. With $50 of gas the first time I filled it, lasted 16 days. It may last less next time around but twice as long as the VW? That's real savings. It is a 2.5 litter 170 HP engine. But my first point is that it's great on gas. Here is the rest of it. It is stylish, it rides beautifully, it's AWD, VW bad on snow, it's comfortable, the VW gave me a back ache, not everybody will get a backache in a VW, but I did. The VW was loaded, it had every available option, and had a $37,000 sticker price. I bought it used, and I had paid a 1/3 of that sticker, but I must say it was very nice inside. My Rogue is not as ....elegant, that's the right word here, but is not bad. First I love the red, just a touch of red, accented leather seating. It looks kind of cool. I love the GPS/radio system. It's touch screen, it's functional, and it works well. It pairs beautifully with my cell phone, and the calls come through nice and clear. It has a huge glove compartment, you can easily fit a....Hobbit in it, and a huge storage area at the center console, but there is no other storage compartments. That's one of the things I am not happy about. But I will survive. It has a feature by which you can adjust the height of the headlights. In case you have heavy cargo, and you are blinding the people in front of you. It has an on board computer for, miles traveled, gas consumption, temperature, and such, separate from the navigation/radio system. It has available XM radio, you got to pay the subscription though. There is a USB connection for your portable music player. It has ample room in the back, and enough cargo space. It's not a big SUV, so the space in the bag is relative to the size. It comes with a cargo cover. Power drivers seat, and both driver and passenger seat warmers are in it. It comes with a spoiler, and a roof rack. It looks pretty sharp. There is also a back up camera. Just in case Mine comes with 18" wheels, it must be part of the package. Don't forget the mud guards, front and back. Also it does come with a rear window wiper. Nice feature for the snowy Massachusetts weather. Did I mention the power moon roof? There is one. I feel safe in it, I feel good in it, I feel warm and cozy in it. I sound like a girl, but I kind of love this car, and it does not happen to me often. In other words I am impressed. It has almost 32,000 miles in it, and it drives like a brand new car. That is beyond me. It has this solid feel about it. Things might break in the future but for now, it's awesome. I wholeheartedly recommend this car. I think I will definitely look at a Nissan Rogue again in the future. Nissan has won my loyalty in three short weeks. It must be because of the gas savings. P.S. We had a snow storm a few days ago. With my VW i tried to always go on less hilly roads, but not always possible. I got stuck several times in that VW, moving an inch a minute. frustrating i must say. This time around i took the steepest roads, stops dead center on the hill, in the middle of the storm, and drove off like there was no snow on the ground. I love the AWD in my Nissan Rogue. Let it snow I say, as I don't mind it any longer"

Met Our Expectations

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, power, ride, sound system, cameras, CVT"

Cons: "Road noise small rear window (blind spot)"

"We were looking for a AWD crossover under $30K and selected the 2012 Rogue after a through search of it's competitors. We looked at every YouTube video, and every possible review on the Internet before making our final decision. There were no surprises. Even with only 1000 miles on the vehicle, with our previous Nissan experience (six vehicles), I feel I can effectively review this vehicle. The car handles excellent for a small vehicle. It has more than enough power for a 2.5L engine. We like the CVT transmission, even though other's don't care for the "drone". It handles windy, and bumpy roads with ease, corners very well, and is a fun car to drive. We have the fully loaded SL package. The sound system is impressive. The navigation system is very intuitive and one of the best we've had yet. IPOD integration is pretty impressive. Even though there aren't a lot of storage compartments, you can get lost in the glove compartment. The ventilation system works better than expected, with heated seats, it is just a pleasure to drive in the cold. We haven't driven it in the snow yet, but after watching some pretty incredible customer YouTube videos, it looks like this car will be great in the snow. On the negative side, there is more road noise than what we are used to (we are spoiled by the Armada and Murano), but we knew that going into the purchase. Surprisingly, I was comfortable sitting in the rear seat with the front passenger seat slightly moved forward (I'm 6'1" tall). The 4 camera system is very good, and will spoil you. If it had the sonar sensors, that would make this a perfect feature. Since we drive a 2010 Armada, and a 2001 Mercedes ML 430, this car has spoiled us for parking in tight places. Its easy to park anywhere, and even though there is a pretty good blind spot with the rear window size, the cameras really help. We feel very safe driving this vehicle. At 24.01 mpg average, we are pleased with the gas milage."

Not spacious & not insulated from noise & bumps.

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Looks nice."

Cons: "Not spacious & not insualted from noise & bumps."

"It's a decent vehicle, looks nice but if you are looking for a spacious feel this is not for you. We feel cramped as if in a normal sized car rather than a 'crossover' type vehicle. The insulation is not good compared to others this size, you can hear & feel every bump on the roads."

LOVE my Rogue

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, a/c vents, style, look"

Cons: "No a/c vents for the backseat"

My beautiful Rogue the day I purchased it!

"I originally went to a Honda dealership b/c I wanted a Honda CRV. We were walking through the lot and I noticed this Rogue. I told my salesman I wanted to test drive it.... We drove the CRV first and I really liked it, then we drove the Rogue and I was IN LOVE. I could not get over how great the car is overall, how smooth the ride is, and especially how great the gas mileage is! It's a wonderful car all around and if I ever get rid of it, it will be to purchase another Rogue!"

My beautiful Rogue the day I purchased it!

Very Happy With This SUV

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

"I've had Nissan Rouge S Special Edition for 4 months and I love it. The seats are very comfortable. The ride is quiet. Gas mileage averages over 27 mpg and that's city/suburban driving. I love all the space. First time I've had a hatchback. I find the hatchback so much more useful than a trunk. The only thing I dislike is it doesn't speed up fast enough when I push it to 60/70 mph. But, this is a minor problem. I wish I'd gone with a higher trim level to get the leather seats and other bells and whistles. But, overall, I am very happy with this small SUV and am encouraging another family member to buy one."

Happy with our purchase

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"We bought this vehicle in march of 2008 right before I had my son, traded up for more room from a honda civic. Plenty of room for a carseat and all the extra junk that comes with a kid. We are a military family stationed in California and we make frequent road trips home to Texas, and this car is great comfortable, quiet, roomy and good on gas for long drives. We love the 4 cylinder has a lot of torque so it has power but still gets good gas mileage. the ride is smooth, the size is perfect for our family and the extra features bose sound system, steering wheel controls, sunroof are great. so far over 40k miles on it and no mechanical problems. The only complaints i have are that the paint chips easily and the seats stain and are hard to clean because of the texture even after the scotch guard that i paid extra for from the dealership. So far 2 factory recalls but were easily taken care of in one day."

a complete vehicle

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "back up screen too small"

"the Nissan is cracked up to be the best car I have owned. in terms of reliability it is great. the smooth acceleration of the drive train is fantastic the design of the interior makes driving a pleasure the exterior of the car is easy to care for."

Great car, better than expected

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought the car at end of March, 2013, have about 12,500 miles. No problems at all. Average about 27 MPG. Runs well, comfortable, convenient, even my GF likes it now, she had doubts when I bought it, she now likes it better than her C300 Benz!"

Best value for the money in a small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I have a 2013 S model with the Special Edition Package and I considered this model as the best bang for the buck of all models offered. I paid $21.3K Pros: Fun to drive, gas mileage right at the 28mpg highway EPA estimates for AWD version, plenty of room in the back seat, plenty of cargo room(remember, this is a small SUV), very comfortable, composed and relatively quiet ride, the CVT is tuned for optimal mileage if you light foot it, instrumentation and control layout is almost perfect and very intuitive. Interior materials and quality are excellent. Adequate acceleration and excellent braking. Rearview camera is very handy in parking lots. Cons: Ergonomics suffer mainly from the lack of a telescoping wheel. If you are longer legged and drive with the seat further back, it's a longer reach to the wheel. Passenger comfort would be aided by the vertical adjustment that is present on the driver's seat. No armrest in the back. No bottle holder in the doors and the interior in general could use a couple more cubbyholes for stuff. The engine drone under heavy acceleration is a bit annoying. Lastly, the center armrest could be an inch or two further forward but that's really nitpicking."

Thus far pleased

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "fair price (asking @ my dealership was $25500)"

"I purchased the Rogue the summer 2011. Thus far I am very pleased and the pros outweigh my 'concerns.' For example, regarding the appearance, I love the sleek exterior (a pearl white finish) and find the driver's seat comfortable compared to my previous car (the Toyota Camry). I enjoy driving 'higher-up' versus in a sedan and feel like this vehicle could take an impact well if involved in an accident. The instrument panel and reverse image capability is great versus other models that show it in your rearview mirror. I also enjoy the I-pod hook-up and option for Sirius satellite radio. Thus far the Rogue drives smoothly and can accelerate well if on a flat/even surface (not so much traveling uphill.) Cons: * Initial turnover/start-up rev's high. A little unnerving, but the dealership advised this is normal * Road noise is also a little loud.. but the sound system compensates this if you like to listen to music loudly. * I'm unable to stop the temp gauge from blinking when temp's drop below 40 degrees F. I find this distracting"

Sturdy and Stylish

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG, great in snow"

"Amazed at how roomy it is, yet I don't feel like I'm driving a big car. The ride is pretty smooth and handles fairly well in heavy WI snows. All in all, I wouldn't think of getting a different model when it comes time to trade in for a new car. I drive hard and this car keeps up with my awful driving."

Not a mountain vehicle

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Cute car, very roomy"

Cons: "Not a mountain vehicle"

"I bought this car, used, a year and a half ago. Back in July (3 months ago) I started noticing that it was lagging while coming home. The RPMs would fluctuate between 2 and 3 pretty rapidly. The car would not go any faster than 40 miles an hour. When I would come to stop signs it acts like it is going to stall, then it would hardly move through after I made a stop. It makes a clicking noise while I drive it. My car is still under warranty so we took it to the dealer. They claim there is nothing “wrong” with the car and that what I am experiencing is a feature on the vehicle. My husband called the corporate office and explained that this isn’t an issue that we have had and that the problem has got progressively worse. We didn't have the problem in the beginning. They reiterated what the dealer said that it is a “feature” that is put there to cool down the engine, and that they wouldn’t fix it. Researching the symptoms come to find out it aligns perfectly with a problem these cars have with the CVT. Nissan has even extended the warranty on this model (and a few others) to cover this issues until 10 years 120,000 miles. They are still saying it is this other thing. So if you live somewhere in higher elavations, where you have to drive up a mountain to your home, rethink get this vehicle. It won't get you there."

Best car i've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious, affordable, high MPG for its class, comfortable, clear bluetooth sound"

Cons: "Interior design is kind of generic"

"Very spacious, drives smooth, rear backup camera is nice. Bluetooth works great, very clear. would've liked to have the built in garage door opener on the rearview mirror (like the altima, maxima, et al)."

2010 SL Rogue

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Purchased this crossover new in June 2010, after comparing Hyundai Tuscon, Toyota Rav-4 and Honda CR-V. Rogue was a better value with applicable rebates and a preferred dealer. The positives are sleek exterior styling, but compromises rear visibility, ground clearance height affords good forward visibility, power acceleration for highway driving, comfortable front passenger seat for my 6' 3" husband. Negatives: Suspension, ride is rough feels like a truck over the slightest bumps, turning radius is wider than expected, steering wrestles in tight spots. Convenience and cosmetics: Fuel port on passenger side, dealer says this is with all Japanese cars, not true not even on all Nissans, no remote fuel port release, a feature found on lower end models, why not on the Rogue? After market locking gas cap is not recommended and Nissan is not interested in hearing about it. No rear door pockets, or locking glove compartment, cheap woven cloth upholstery, concerns about durability although only 2 adult passengers. Horn sounds like a toy. Rebates and a responsive dealer sold this vehcle."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Have had my Rouge for 15 months and love it. Would like to see auto lights and a better back window. Blind spot in the back is the only bad thing about it. Rides really great and smooth and handles wonderful."

AWESOME in ALL WEATHERS

By on Monday, July 05, 2010

"We bought this car by accident. We had just been in a car accident and only had a couple thousand saved for a down that will somehow help our horrible situation. Well most dealerships couldn't until we ended up in Nissan where a Subaru dealship sent us. They had one car they could get us in but I hated the color, blue. Either way we took it for a test drive and I was amazed. The car is AWD when you need it. So it automatically turns on if the car needed all the tires or you can push a button and it will drive on all 4's. It's great for those who like on seriously winter location, like in Mammoth Lakes, CA. It never failed or slipped on thick ice or snow. It can drive over small burms of snow where a chevy silverado coulnd't for the life of it. It handles great on all the quick turns on the cliff road when visiting Yosemite's mountains. Handles great at all times even when we moved back to the city and having to deal with traffic. It takes of really smooth and excels without jerking you around. I love this car and I completely recommend it to anymore. Only downfall is the trunk space. It's more limited then a bigger SUV of course."

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love everything about our Rogue except the HUGE blind spot in the rear passenger side. Nissan - you really need to redesign this to correct this defect on an otherwise lovely vehicle. Handles well, great MPG, roomy interior."

Exactly What I Waited For

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I bought one of the first...serial number 100244...on October 1st. It's an SL AWD with the Premium package. As of 2/28/08 it has almost 9,000 miles on it, and I will never go back to an automatic trans because the CVT that Nissan placed in this vehicle is pure dynamite. I love it. Gets 28-30 MPG on the road, about 23-25 locally (hills and valleys driving)."

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

2nd Rogue so far so good

By on Sunday, February 03, 2013

Pros: "everything is great"

Cons: "having to pay for fuel..no matter what the price"

"This is my second rogue, traded in my 2009, for this 2011 and couldn't be happier. This car has exceeded my expectations. The style is current, the power is adequate, the braking is great, the handling is very good. I have done several trips to Canada from Las Vegas, 18hr drive one way, and both my 2009 and 2011 Rogues have performed flawlessly, from the sun and heat of Vegas, to the cold and snow in Canada, this car can do it all. I have read a few negative reviews about the rogue, and frankly, cannot understand why other people have had trouble. Both Nissan USA and Nissan Canada have serviced my rogues, with flawless attention to detail, and customer service. I have yet to report any problems to the dealers, just merely simple fluid changes, and one fanbelt replacement. Thank you Nissan for creating this SUV....keep up the good work!"

My First CUV - Quite impressive :-)

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Quality sound system, comfortable seating"

Cons: "Slight engine vibration"

"I traded my 2010 Honda Civic EX for the Rogue SV (equipped with the Premium Package and AWD). I absolutely LOVE this vehicle! It's roomy, smooth, comfortable AND intelligent! The touch-screen radio/navigation, Bluetooth technology and keyless start definitely come in handy (although some of the maps are a bit outdated). I've read stories about the CVT being an annoyance, but honestly, it's only loud and "irritable" during hard acceleration(the engine will rev at high speeds until you release the gas pedal a little). Where immediate acceleration isn't necessary (ie. suburbs, city), the engine's VERY quiet and smooth. Passing fellow motorists is virtually effortless; acceleration is very prompt. The factory sound system is amazing (it isn't BOSE, but it's an upgrade from the standard stereo Nissan offers in lower trims). The interior quality and seating are MUCH, MUCH more comfortable than my Honda(Honda simply does not produce comfortable cars, in my opinion). I purchased the car in May of this year, so I'm not yet sure how it responds to snow/ice - BUT it's quite responsive! I avoided hitting a deer one night and the traction control initiated almost instantly. My only cons are: the sunglasses holder above has somewhat of a budget feel, and the engine vibrates a little around 2,200 RPMs - this could just be a signature of a CVT. These aren't deal breakers, however. I'm very pleased with the style and overall quality of the Rogue! Way to go, Nissan!"

Classy.

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Classy, stylish, comfortable, smooth tranny, very smooth ride"

Cons: "Not enough front storage, seats a little stiff"

"We bought our Rogue Krom Edition back in June of this year. We got the White Pearl, added a moon roof and a few other features. We love this car. It's very classy.. stylish.. great on gas for it's class... It gets about the same mileage as our 2008 Altima did. The only complaint I have is there isn't much storage in the front consoles... Seems to be a lot of unused space. I love the CVT tranny, and it rides SO smooth. Plenty of room for the kiddos. I would recommend this ride. I also own a 2008 Honda Civic EXL coupe... I wouldn't say Nissan is cheaply made like other people have said on here. I think some have just had poor service. You know what they say... for every one bad experience, the reputation gets dinged. Go drive one for yourself."

Goin' Rogue....

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Cute and sporty."

Cons: "Blind spots, cheap material in seats, seats are uncomfortable on long trips."

"I wish they had a better design as far as blind spots. Sometimes it is hard to see in mirror and side windows. Gas mileage is okay, not the greatest but as stated. Sometimes feel a weird vibration but was told by the dealer it is the CVT. Had to replace rear wiper blade 1 month after purchase because it wouldn't work correctly. Not sure if I would buy another Rogue but will drive this one until it won't go any further. Wonder why they made the Rogue just a smaller version of the Murano but I do like it, the Murano just seemed too big and clunky. But overall I do like my Rogue and am happy with it."

I Liked My Wife's New Rogue So Much ...

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"... I bought one myself! After driving every small SUV on the road, we both concluded that the Rogue was by far the smoothest riding. There's plenty of power, and the CVT transmission makes the vehicle seems as if it's gliding ... obviously not the typical SUV suspension. We don't find the supposed "drone" an issue, nor do we feel the need for a V-6. The interior is quiet and well-appointed. We both have SL models with the Premium and Leather Packages ... and still came in at about $22k. The $1750 rebate helped, but the Rogue's overall value is the best in its class. The Intelligent Key and Bluetooth features are very convenient, especially for my wife, whose keys and phone always manage to gravitate to the bottom of her purse. We'd like to see auto-on/off headlamps and climate control (standard on many upper-end competitors), and there's a pretty serious blind spot, requiring extra caution. The power lock controls are not illuminated, and a navigation/backup camera option is available only with the S Model 360 Package (this makes no sense). Aftermarket versions are inferior, and cost just about as much. The quality, styling, fit and finish make the Rogue a excellent SUV. You must drive one to appreciate its silky performance."