• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 333 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Great MPG - I am getting 27 MPG in city driving

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "great price, good looking"

Cons: "Bling spot, little bit of noise"

"Nice SUV considering it's price"

i bought this car to commute to work. i love it

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "more room for storage without lowering back seat"

"gets great gas mileage. I would buy another one. u got the luxury of a smooth riding car and durability of a suv.it maneuvers well in inclement weather conditions.it can climb a snow covered driveway like it's not there. truly the best car I've ever had.when friends or family has driven it they fall in love with it."

Suits my needs

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money!"

Cons: "Would like fuel entry on drivers side."

"And the bonus is I actually love it even though I didn't think too much of it when I 1st got it now I absolutely love it! Has excellent gas mileage for an AWD vehicle, is dependable and looks just like the newer 2012's & 2013's. Also, holds it's value well."

Best value for the money in a small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I have a 2013 S model with the Special Edition Package and I considered this model as the best bang for the buck of all models offered. I paid $21.3K Pros: Fun to drive, gas mileage right at the 28mpg highway EPA estimates for AWD version, plenty of room in the back seat, plenty of cargo room(remember, this is a small SUV), very comfortable, composed and relatively quiet ride, the CVT is tuned for optimal mileage if you light foot it, instrumentation and control layout is almost perfect and very intuitive. Interior materials and quality are excellent. Adequate acceleration and excellent braking. Rearview camera is very handy in parking lots. Cons: Ergonomics suffer mainly from the lack of a telescoping wheel. If you are longer legged and drive with the seat further back, it's a longer reach to the wheel. Passenger comfort would be aided by the vertical adjustment that is present on the driver's seat. No armrest in the back. No bottle holder in the doors and the interior in general could use a couple more cubbyholes for stuff. The engine drone under heavy acceleration is a bit annoying. Lastly, the center armrest could be an inch or two further forward but that's really nitpicking."

nice car, nice wagon, a great buy!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "nice engine, CVT nice, nice colors, desing is ok,"

Cons: "rear visibility is bad..."

"I can't complain I just barely drive it for 2000 miles, we fallow all steps in the manual owners, every step before the 1,200 miles and yes! is true! the cars is magnificent after that... we went to California after that and was a wonderful trip this car runs very nice and economic, "1 tank to go and half tank for return" believe it! many people never read a manual owners and drive very bad a brand new car. Nissan rogue is ok, the CVT is awesome and I think that is not a complete SUV, for me is most a wagon a nice wagon... ok the only bad thing is the rear visibility, but you can use the rear view mirrors I own the basic version no camera hahaha! if you pay attention you don need the camera."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

"I traded in my 2009 Altima coupe for this 2012 Nissan Rogue when I had a baby and needed four doors. This Rogue is a wonderful daily driver car. My only issue has been blind spots when driving, which was easily fixed by small blind spot mirrors from advance auto parts. Was also hit from the side (not related to blind spots, person ran stop sign) and the rogue's front end was taken off, car kept me safe and all safety features worked properly. I recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

Nissan Rogue CVT Transmission

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reason: Bad transmission (CVT)

Pros: "Exterior appearance"

Cons: "Quality, value, no acceleration, undependable"

"Do not buy a Nissan. The CVT transmission is horrible quality and will not get you many miles out of your car. Google this, and you will find loads of information about the faulty CVT. Nissan even doubled their warranty due to "customer satisfaction" from known issues with this transmission. Ever since we purchased the car in 2008, we have been in and out of the service department (starting after the first 3 months) with problems with the car, including no acceleration and problems with the internal computer. The warranty was extended to 120,000 miles, and we had 126,000 when the transmission had to be replaced ($4,000). Now you would think a reputable company would "make it right" for the customer, but Nissan was incredible difficult to work with. For that reason alone, I would not recommend Nissan. At the end of the day, you want the manufacturer to stand behind their vehicles and customers."

Best vehicle I ever owned!!!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, exactly what I was looking for."

"Love my Rogue!!!"

2013 AWD is woefully underpowered.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of room. fold seats and you have room to haul"

Cons: "underpowered, lousy gas mileage"

"Get moving before merging into highway speed traffic. CVT not very responsive. Gas mileage is abysmal at about 18/22. Ride is good. 10hr 500 mile trip and our backs were none the worse for wear. Very good at cutting road noise. Steering at highway speeds was dodgy. Had to be up on the wheel constantly. Dealer said I need alignment which they provided free of charge and told me to steer clear of potholes...duh."

Performance VS economy

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Good price considering options, reliable (so far.."

Cons: "MPG and interior space a little low"

"I traded in my 2007 Nissan Alitma for a 2012 Rogue. I wanted to get that nissan gas mileage with a little more room and road height. The gas mileage is just about what EPA said but I hoped for more because salesman said mostly highway driving should be better than rated. I recently moved and my Rogue did everything asked of it and MORE! Wish the rearseats would lay totally flat and the hatch opening was a little larger. At first the backseat seemed to have more room then altima but then realized only two people can sit back there, oh well they have a little more leg room each. Rogue doesnt handle Highway speed as well as I had hoped but keep it under 75 and all is well."

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I love this car! This is my second Rouge. I do have a few gripes with the car. Not real comfortable on long trips. Blind spots are a problem but other than that its a great car!!"

Decent CUV COMPARED TO THE REST IN 2008

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun little CUV"

Cons: "little under powered, but not a race car..."

"Just a decent small sized CUV. Good Gas Mileage. Reliable transportation. Low Maintenance costs."

Don't buy this car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

"I bought this car because I always liked the look and for a quick test drive it was what I was looking for. Well, fast forward a few months and the car caused me to have a ton of back pain. Literally had to drive completely upright because steering wheel is not telescopic and overall interior is not ergonomic at all. I just got rid of it and flushed a few thousand dollars down the drain because I literally couldn't stand it anymore. I run cars into the ground and keep them forever and I got rid of this with 3k miles on it. Don't waste your money!!"

Great mid-sized SUV

By on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pros: "Awesome stero speakers, great gas mileage"

"I bought this used and am very happy with the purchase. Terrific gas mileage compared to other SUV's and car is perfect mid-size. Would love Ipod hookup rather than aux port"

So glad I bought this car

By on Saturday, April 27, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to park, has good pick up"

Cons: "no daytime running lights"

"Pros: Fun to drive - easy to park - lots of room inside, especially when back seat is put down flat plus passenger's side seat - good mileage - easy on gas - takes the corners like a sports car - good pick up in traffic - love the heated front seats in the winter Cons: No daytime running lights; doors unlock automatically when engine turned off - this could be a safety factor in a dark parking lot at night - lock control on driver's door not illuminated at night - must turn on interior light to lock the doors - this may be a safety factor at night in a dark parking lot"

MPG sinificantly less than advertised.

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Pros: "Looks nice"

Cons: "Lousy MPG, bad visibility, tinny construction."

"Advertised at 22 - 27. I am getting 18 - 20. Nissan rep had the gall to ask me if I drive with my foot on the brake. Not much storage. Tinny construction. Bad visibility due to window frames. I leased it - got roped in by incentives and lease payment. How can I break my lease?"

I hate it!!! My second Rogue and it is awful!!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "I hate it!!!!!"

Cons: "It has no power and it is loud!!!!"

"I hate this new Rogue that I had to buy because my 2010 that had 55,000 miles on it started doing bunny hops while I was doing 75 miles per hour. After that it was all down hill. I travel a lot for work and I found my self in the shop for hours and hours they put 3 transmissions in it and the last one they put in it was bad too. The salesman said he could match or beat what I was paying each month for my 2010. Well lets just say that I felt forced into buying a new one. I only got to drive it for 3 miles in the snow and ice and I was unable to even get it up above 35 mph. Well my payments are higher by $ 40.00 per month and i had to put $ 1,000 dollars down. The first time I got to drive it above 35 mph. I noticed it did not have the power that my 2010 Rogue had before it messed up. I told my husband and the people at the place I bought it. I was told that it was all in my head. But now the RPM's shot up it sounds like it will blow up at any min and it slowly gets a little faster. My 2010 Rogue would jerk your head back when you pushed the gas petal. I am so disappointed with this car that cost over 26,000 dollars and it is the base model with a blue tooth. This is the last Nissian I will every buy in my life. I am looking forward to the day I can get rid of this car. It is the most expensive car I have every purchased and it rates down at the bottom of all the cars I have every purchased. I HATE IT!!!"

Great vehicle

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great value."

Cons: "Could use some extra storage space in front."

"Traded my 2001 Tahoe, best trade ever. I have owned three weeks, great mileage, comfortable, more than adequate pick up. Got used to the CVT trans in a few days, overdrive gives good engine braking when needed. Rear view camera is great, as is the bluetooth and sirius. Got a great deal on a great car!"

2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD: Steer Clear of This One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fairly inexpensive; decent trim level. Smooth ride"

Cons: "Completely unreliable powertrain. Poor engineering"

"Transmission leaks at 50,000 miles and having to replace the rear differential at 73,000 is indicative of a LEMON. Nissan's CVT is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen, too. Add in sensor lights that keep popping on and off at random and you have one annoying, unreliable vehicle. Steer Clear of the Nissan Rogue!"

My second Rogue

By on Sunday, April 14, 2013

Pros: "Keyless Entry, Bluetooth, Styling,Comfotable Seats"

Cons: "Lack of push button start,larger Nav Screen"

My 2013

"I leased a 2013 Rogue SL AWD two months ago for the second time due to the great incentives they currently have. Overall you get plenty of features in this vehicle but compared to the Rav4 and CRV you definitely get better resale value with these two than the Rogue. I turned in my 2011 Rogue SL AWD with 29,000 miles with no problems . One of the best features is the keyless entry system with keyless start which I wish was a true push button start like Toyota. All in all not a bad vehicle can't wait to see 2014 Rogue."

My 2013

It looks good, is smooth, and fun to drive.

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "Everybody loves the glove box. It is fun to drive."

Cons: "It seems slow until you adjust to CVT."

"I heard horror stories about the continuous variable transmission. I like it, and adjusted to it in about a week. I especially like not having to brake on steep downgrades. It does accelerate safely. It is not a GTO. The CVT holds you back quite well, downhill. My Rogue is black, leather interior, with red stitching. It looks nice. The Bose sound system is great, and I will renew the Sirius radio. The Bluetooth link is not only fun, but safe. Want to make a call? Just say "dial." The car is loaded, I love it, and will replace in thirty seven months with the next generation Rogue."