• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2010 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 321 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas mileage, color"

Cons: "no bluetooth"

"I have owned this vehicle for about two years and I am very happy with all aspects. Gas milage is as stated and can get up to 32 mpg if i keep it between 65 and 70 on the freeway. I get alot of compliments on the Cayenne Red color which is what brought my attention to the car in the first place. Only thing it is lacking is bluetooth which was added the next year(2013). But I have adjusted or use a headset. Ride is very comfortable and nimble in turns. Very happy overall"

Must Buy

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great drive, fantastic AWD. Great Control in Snow."

"You have not driven until you have driven this SUV for this segment. No worry SUV."

Versitile and dependable

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Very safe, good size, backup camera, good looking"

Cons: "Wimpy horn, small rear window, compact cabin"

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

"I previously drove an Altima, which is very roomy, as it is a family sedan, so when I initially test drove the Rogue, I was surprised by the compact feel of the cabin. I have had my 2012 Rogue SV for 7 months now and overall I love it, especially for the versatility and safety features. It's also a good looking car. Mine is red with the chrome details (SV with premium package), and I get compliments on it all the time, even from men. I plan to get Chrome rims too. My only complaint with the compact cabin is the awkward reach for the window controls on the door. I have gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me now, but if you have long arms (I don't) I could see how this might be annoying as it feels like I'm reaching back as opposed to my Altima. BUT I have to admit I also have short legs so my seat is further frontwards than yours might be. The only other two things I would change are the horn (its wimpy "Meep-Meep" sounding), and the rear window is small and high. If it was not for the backup camera with the large in-dash screen, it would be very difficult to parallel park this car. I think you need to have a backup camera given the small rear view. Now on to all the pros! I LOVE the truck sized side mirrors! Less blind spot and good clear view of traffic on both sides. Love the overall size, as I do a lot of Home projects and Home Depot shopping so I needed an SUV, but didn’t want a large gas guzzler. This car is big enough for hauling large materials, and possibly a new dog in the future, plus it's great on gas. I typically get 330 miles to a full tank (15 gal). The convenience features are great too, such as the dash display options (fuel range, fuel economy, etc...I think there are 5 options for your preferance). The backup camera is a huge convenience but I think it should go under safety as well. I love the steering wheel control and large entertainment/video camera screen...lots of compliments on the enertainment/video screen too. Bluetooth, is a must have these days, and it was something I had to have in my new car...absolutely love this feature! XM radio is a great option, but I don't like the subscription cost, so once my free subscription ended I went back to regular radio. BTW the radio signal is way better in this car than my Altima. Must be a better antenna. iPod & Aux connection are great too...as far as entertainment goes there are lots of options: MP3/CD, Radio, XM radio, Aux input for any device or Phone so you can play music from your device or Pandora etc., and a separate iPod/iPhone input which also displays your music on the large dash screen. I also love the Smart Key...No key needed for the ignition but it's not the push button ignition. You just need to have the key in the car with you, turn the ignition, and bam! Also don't need to get your keys out of your purse/pocket to unlock the car, just push the button on the door handle and it unlocks/locks the doors...same for the trunk. The keys cannot be locked in the car either, as it will alert you and won’t lock up. And if you get out of the car and the key-fob is with you but the ignition/battery is on, the car will beep at you to let you know the car is not off. The automatic driver seat...Goes up/down, forward/back, seat tilt, back tilt, and lumbar adjust...Like I said I'm short so good seat adjustment options are important!! Also the seats are comfortable. Ok now for the safety...The breaks on this car are smart...I have never felt safer in another car. They calculate the speed and the amount you are breaking and adjust according to the condition. I drive in HWY 4 traffic in the East Bay (CA), which is notorious for being one of the worst commutes in the country...and I have come very close to rear ending someone a few time since getting the Rogue...to my surprise the breaks have stopped me when I did not think I would be able to stop in time. The Engine & Traction Controls are also smart. I found that the engine will slow me down when I go down the sharp curvy hill on my neighborhood. I therefore have to break less, and I can feel the wheel gain more control. It’s like the car knows I am going a little too fast down the hill and at curves. You can shut these controls off but I keep them on. There is also a "Sport" button which will shut the smart engine controls off, but not the traction control...it allows the car more RPMs I think, and gives you a little more pep. The smart controls don’t inhibit my lead foot though; I like to drive fast and take corners a little fast, and I tend to break a little late on the street. The car still allows me to drive how I like, I think the smart controls just make the drive safer no matter how you drive. The CVT transmission is great especially if you drive in a lot of traffic like I do...there is no shift shock at all! I have heard some complain that it makes the car shake under certain conditions, and I have only felt this once or twice in my car...it was hardly noticeable and it only happens when I gas, break, gas, break too quickly before the transmission has completed its gear change...or right when it starts to change. I think it really depends on how you drive, as it is not a problem for me at all. I also want to note that just two weeks after getting the car, I was rear ended on HWY 4. I was not at a complete stop but was breaking as traffic ahead of me came to a sudden stop. The car behind me was going at least 30mph. She hit her breaks hard and screeched right into me. I saw it coming in the rear view and turned my wheel to the shoulder to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The car hit me pretty hard, and ended up hitting me twice because I took my foot off the break for a second, then broke again because I would have hit the center divider. I got whiplash from it, but my car was fine. Her grill was smashed and her hood bent upwards. My car had almost no damage to the naked eye. She basically hit my bumper and then slid under, and my bumper absorbed the impact. The body shop completely replaced my bumper which extends to the rear fender (big bumper), and found no damage to the frame of the car at all. As hard as she hit me I could not believe how little damage my car suffered. Her insurance paid my body repair bill, but it was only $900…which I also found surprising given the entire bumper was replaced. I hope my review and insight on the Rogue helps someone make their decision, as I read a lot of reviews of different cars before deciding on the Rogue, and I am more than happy with it."

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

I have never had to have this car serviced.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, no blind spots, I am only 4'11""

"I have never had any problems with this auto. I recently had to change the wipers on it and tires but no more than the required maintenance. I have moved from 2 homes and used this car with the seats down to move household goods, holds a lot of stuff. I also get good gas mileage, especially on the highway."

A very nice crossover SUV

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Gas economy, stylish, functional, AWD."

Cons: "Few storage areas, elegance is not an option."

"Before buying this SUV, I owned a Volkswagen Passat 3.6 litter engine, front wheel drive. I must say that it was a fast car, that performed well. But, high gas cost, required super, or anything over 91 octane,high parts cost, and general electrical system issues made me dump it. Putting $50 of gas in it, lasted between 7-9 days. Enter the Nissan Rogue. With $50 of gas the first time I filled it, lasted 16 days. It may last less next time around but twice as long as the VW? That's real savings. It is a 2.5 litter 170 HP engine. But my first point is that it's great on gas. Here is the rest of it. It is stylish, it rides beautifully, it's AWD, VW bad on snow, it's comfortable, the VW gave me a back ache, not everybody will get a backache in a VW, but I did. The VW was loaded, it had every available option, and had a $37,000 sticker price. I bought it used, and I had paid a 1/3 of that sticker, but I must say it was very nice inside. My Rogue is not as ....elegant, that's the right word here, but is not bad. First I love the red, just a touch of red, accented leather seating. It looks kind of cool. I love the GPS/radio system. It's touch screen, it's functional, and it works well. It pairs beautifully with my cell phone, and the calls come through nice and clear. It has a huge glove compartment, you can easily fit a....Hobbit in it, and a huge storage area at the center console, but there is no other storage compartments. That's one of the things I am not happy about. But I will survive. It has a feature by which you can adjust the height of the headlights. In case you have heavy cargo, and you are blinding the people in front of you. It has an on board computer for, miles traveled, gas consumption, temperature, and such, separate from the navigation/radio system. It has available XM radio, you got to pay the subscription though. There is a USB connection for your portable music player. It has ample room in the back, and enough cargo space. It's not a big SUV, so the space in the bag is relative to the size. It comes with a cargo cover. Power drivers seat, and both driver and passenger seat warmers are in it. It comes with a spoiler, and a roof rack. It looks pretty sharp. There is also a back up camera. Just in case Mine comes with 18" wheels, it must be part of the package. Don't forget the mud guards, front and back. Also it does come with a rear window wiper. Nice feature for the snowy Massachusetts weather. Did I mention the power moon roof? There is one. I feel safe in it, I feel good in it, I feel warm and cozy in it. I sound like a girl, but I kind of love this car, and it does not happen to me often. In other words I am impressed. It has almost 32,000 miles in it, and it drives like a brand new car. That is beyond me. It has this solid feel about it. Things might break in the future but for now, it's awesome. I wholeheartedly recommend this car. I think I will definitely look at a Nissan Rogue again in the future. Nissan has won my loyalty in three short weeks. It must be because of the gas savings. P.S. We had a snow storm a few days ago. With my VW i tried to always go on less hilly roads, but not always possible. I got stuck several times in that VW, moving an inch a minute. frustrating i must say. This time around i took the steepest roads, stops dead center on the hill, in the middle of the storm, and drove off like there was no snow on the ground. I love the AWD in my Nissan Rogue. Let it snow I say, as I don't mind it any longer"

Great SUV. Great value

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, handles like a car."

Cons: "Not enough cubbies for front passenger storage."

"The people in my family are tall. 6' to 6'4". This SUV is a little tight quarters when we all ride together. Great mpg. I average the sticker amount, have gotten up to 33 hwy. Some road noise but not terribly loud."

my review

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

I don't own this car

"very good"

Great buy! I would recommend it to a friend.

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and beautiul."

Cons: "Fully loaded with leather interior is expensive."

"I purchased a fully loaded SL AWD with leather interior in May 2013. This is a great vehicle to own and drive. When I first brought it home the engine was a little loud but after driving it a while it's now quite. The ride is smooth and quite and it looks beautiful. My Rouge is black with chrome trim. Other drivers tell me it's beautiful. It is good on gas and handles well. It's not too big or too small. It seems like Nissan Corporation is working hard to impress their customers. Be careful it likes to drive fast!"

a complete vehicle

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "back up screen too small"

"the Nissan is cracked up to be the best car I have owned. in terms of reliability it is great. the smooth acceleration of the drive train is fantastic the design of the interior makes driving a pleasure the exterior of the car is easy to care for."

Great car, better than expected

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought the car at end of March, 2013, have about 12,500 miles. No problems at all. Average about 27 MPG. Runs well, comfortable, convenient, even my GF likes it now, she had doubts when I bought it, she now likes it better than her C300 Benz!"

Very Happy With This SUV

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

"I've had Nissan Rouge S Special Edition for 4 months and I love it. The seats are very comfortable. The ride is quiet. Gas mileage averages over 27 mpg and that's city/suburban driving. I love all the space. First time I've had a hatchback. I find the hatchback so much more useful than a trunk. The only thing I dislike is it doesn't speed up fast enough when I push it to 60/70 mph. But, this is a minor problem. I wish I'd gone with a higher trim level to get the leather seats and other bells and whistles. But, overall, I am very happy with this small SUV and am encouraging another family member to buy one."

Buyer's Remorse

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "exterior design, smooth and quiet ride"

Cons: "driver seat is extremely uncomfortable"

"I recently purchased a 2013 SV model.Test drive went okay but I should have drove it longer and test drove more models. After driving this vehicle for a month now, I find that the drivers seat is extremely uncomfortable. It's a 6 way power seat but problem is the seat bottom does not adjust. It's set to a very steep angle like a sports car. I can't find a comfortable position and it puts my leg to sleep, even just driving short distances. Not fun to drive at all. As far as the actual ride, it's quite smooth and quiet, very car like so no complaints there. But don't make the same mistake I did. Do your homework and test drive alot of different models."

Great MPG - I am getting 27 MPG in city driving

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "great price, good looking"

Cons: "Bling spot, little bit of noise"

"Nice SUV considering it's price"

i bought this car to commute to work. i love it

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "more room for storage without lowering back seat"

"gets great gas mileage. I would buy another one. u got the luxury of a smooth riding car and durability of a suv.it maneuvers well in inclement weather conditions.it can climb a snow covered driveway like it's not there. truly the best car I've ever had.when friends or family has driven it they fall in love with it."

Suits my needs

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money!"

Cons: "Would like fuel entry on drivers side."

"And the bonus is I actually love it even though I didn't think too much of it when I 1st got it now I absolutely love it! Has excellent gas mileage for an AWD vehicle, is dependable and looks just like the newer 2012's & 2013's. Also, holds it's value well."

Best value for the money in a small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I have a 2013 S model with the Special Edition Package and I considered this model as the best bang for the buck of all models offered. I paid $21.3K Pros: Fun to drive, gas mileage right at the 28mpg highway EPA estimates for AWD version, plenty of room in the back seat, plenty of cargo room(remember, this is a small SUV), very comfortable, composed and relatively quiet ride, the CVT is tuned for optimal mileage if you light foot it, instrumentation and control layout is almost perfect and very intuitive. Interior materials and quality are excellent. Adequate acceleration and excellent braking. Rearview camera is very handy in parking lots. Cons: Ergonomics suffer mainly from the lack of a telescoping wheel. If you are longer legged and drive with the seat further back, it's a longer reach to the wheel. Passenger comfort would be aided by the vertical adjustment that is present on the driver's seat. No armrest in the back. No bottle holder in the doors and the interior in general could use a couple more cubbyholes for stuff. The engine drone under heavy acceleration is a bit annoying. Lastly, the center armrest could be an inch or two further forward but that's really nitpicking."

nice car, nice wagon, a great buy!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "nice engine, CVT nice, nice colors, desing is ok,"

Cons: "rear visibility is bad..."

"I can't complain I just barely drive it for 2000 miles, we fallow all steps in the manual owners, every step before the 1,200 miles and yes! is true! the cars is magnificent after that... we went to California after that and was a wonderful trip this car runs very nice and economic, "1 tank to go and half tank for return" believe it! many people never read a manual owners and drive very bad a brand new car. Nissan rogue is ok, the CVT is awesome and I think that is not a complete SUV, for me is most a wagon a nice wagon... ok the only bad thing is the rear visibility, but you can use the rear view mirrors I own the basic version no camera hahaha! if you pay attention you don need the camera."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

"I traded in my 2009 Altima coupe for this 2012 Nissan Rogue when I had a baby and needed four doors. This Rogue is a wonderful daily driver car. My only issue has been blind spots when driving, which was easily fixed by small blind spot mirrors from advance auto parts. Was also hit from the side (not related to blind spots, person ran stop sign) and the rogue's front end was taken off, car kept me safe and all safety features worked properly. I recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

Nissan Rogue CVT Transmission

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reason: Bad transmission (CVT)

Pros: "Exterior appearance"

Cons: "Quality, value, no acceleration, undependable"

"Do not buy a Nissan. The CVT transmission is horrible quality and will not get you many miles out of your car. Google this, and you will find loads of information about the faulty CVT. Nissan even doubled their warranty due to "customer satisfaction" from known issues with this transmission. Ever since we purchased the car in 2008, we have been in and out of the service department (starting after the first 3 months) with problems with the car, including no acceleration and problems with the internal computer. The warranty was extended to 120,000 miles, and we had 126,000 when the transmission had to be replaced ($4,000). Now you would think a reputable company would "make it right" for the customer, but Nissan was incredible difficult to work with. For that reason alone, I would not recommend Nissan. At the end of the day, you want the manufacturer to stand behind their vehicles and customers."

Best vehicle I ever owned!!!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, exactly what I was looking for."

"Love my Rogue!!!"

2013 AWD is woefully underpowered.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of room. fold seats and you have room to haul"

Cons: "underpowered, lousy gas mileage"

"Get moving before merging into highway speed traffic. CVT not very responsive. Gas mileage is abysmal at about 18/22. Ride is good. 10hr 500 mile trip and our backs were none the worse for wear. Very good at cutting road noise. Steering at highway speeds was dodgy. Had to be up on the wheel constantly. Dealer said I need alignment which they provided free of charge and told me to steer clear of potholes...duh."

Performance VS economy

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Good price considering options, reliable (so far.."

Cons: "MPG and interior space a little low"

"I traded in my 2007 Nissan Alitma for a 2012 Rogue. I wanted to get that nissan gas mileage with a little more room and road height. The gas mileage is just about what EPA said but I hoped for more because salesman said mostly highway driving should be better than rated. I recently moved and my Rogue did everything asked of it and MORE! Wish the rearseats would lay totally flat and the hatch opening was a little larger. At first the backseat seemed to have more room then altima but then realized only two people can sit back there, oh well they have a little more leg room each. Rogue doesnt handle Highway speed as well as I had hoped but keep it under 75 and all is well."

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

Love this car

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I love this car! This is my second Rouge. I do have a few gripes with the car. Not real comfortable on long trips. Blind spots are a problem but other than that its a great car!!"