2010 Nissan Rogue

8.1

Based on 353 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Versitile and dependable

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Very safe, good size, backup camera, good looking"

Cons: "Wimpy horn, small rear window, compact cabin"

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

"I previously drove an Altima, which is very roomy, as it is a family sedan, so when I initially test drove the Rogue, I was surprised by the compact feel of the cabin. I have had my 2012 Rogue SV for 7 months now and overall I love it, especially for the versatility and safety features. It's also a good looking car. Mine is red with the chrome details (SV with premium package), and I get compliments on it all the time, even from men. I plan to get Chrome rims too. My only complaint with the compact cabin is the awkward reach for the window controls on the door. I have gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me now, but if you have long arms (I don't) I could see how this might be annoying as it feels like I'm reaching back as opposed to my Altima. BUT I have to admit I also have short legs so my seat is further frontwards than yours might be. The only other two things I would change are the horn (its wimpy "Meep-Meep" sounding), and the rear window is small and high. If it was not for the backup camera with the large in-dash screen, it would be very difficult to parallel park this car. I think you need to have a backup camera given the small rear view. Now on to all the pros! I LOVE the truck sized side mirrors! Less blind spot and good clear view of traffic on both sides. Love the overall size, as I do a lot of Home projects and Home Depot shopping so I needed an SUV, but didn’t want a large gas guzzler. This car is big enough for hauling large materials, and possibly a new dog in the future, plus it's great on gas. I typically get 330 miles to a full tank (15 gal). The convenience features are great too, such as the dash display options (fuel range, fuel economy, etc...I think there are 5 options for your preferance). The backup camera is a huge convenience but I think it should go under safety as well. I love the steering wheel control and large entertainment/video camera screen...lots of compliments on the enertainment/video screen too. Bluetooth, is a must have these days, and it was something I had to have in my new car...absolutely love this feature! XM radio is a great option, but I don't like the subscription cost, so once my free subscription ended I went back to regular radio. BTW the radio signal is way better in this car than my Altima. Must be a better antenna. iPod & Aux connection are great too...as far as entertainment goes there are lots of options: MP3/CD, Radio, XM radio, Aux input for any device or Phone so you can play music from your device or Pandora etc., and a separate iPod/iPhone input which also displays your music on the large dash screen. I also love the Smart Key...No key needed for the ignition but it's not the push button ignition. You just need to have the key in the car with you, turn the ignition, and bam! Also don't need to get your keys out of your purse/pocket to unlock the car, just push the button on the door handle and it unlocks/locks the doors...same for the trunk. The keys cannot be locked in the car either, as it will alert you and won’t lock up. And if you get out of the car and the key-fob is with you but the ignition/battery is on, the car will beep at you to let you know the car is not off. The automatic driver seat...Goes up/down, forward/back, seat tilt, back tilt, and lumbar adjust...Like I said I'm short so good seat adjustment options are important!! Also the seats are comfortable. Ok now for the safety...The breaks on this car are smart...I have never felt safer in another car. They calculate the speed and the amount you are breaking and adjust according to the condition. I drive in HWY 4 traffic in the East Bay (CA), which is notorious for being one of the worst commutes in the country...and I have come very close to rear ending someone a few time since getting the Rogue...to my surprise the breaks have stopped me when I did not think I would be able to stop in time. The Engine & Traction Controls are also smart. I found that the engine will slow me down when I go down the sharp curvy hill on my neighborhood. I therefore have to break less, and I can feel the wheel gain more control. It’s like the car knows I am going a little too fast down the hill and at curves. You can shut these controls off but I keep them on. There is also a "Sport" button which will shut the smart engine controls off, but not the traction control...it allows the car more RPMs I think, and gives you a little more pep. The smart controls don’t inhibit my lead foot though; I like to drive fast and take corners a little fast, and I tend to break a little late on the street. The car still allows me to drive how I like, I think the smart controls just make the drive safer no matter how you drive. The CVT transmission is great especially if you drive in a lot of traffic like I do...there is no shift shock at all! I have heard some complain that it makes the car shake under certain conditions, and I have only felt this once or twice in my car...it was hardly noticeable and it only happens when I gas, break, gas, break too quickly before the transmission has completed its gear change...or right when it starts to change. I think it really depends on how you drive, as it is not a problem for me at all. I also want to note that just two weeks after getting the car, I was rear ended on HWY 4. I was not at a complete stop but was breaking as traffic ahead of me came to a sudden stop. The car behind me was going at least 30mph. She hit her breaks hard and screeched right into me. I saw it coming in the rear view and turned my wheel to the shoulder to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The car hit me pretty hard, and ended up hitting me twice because I took my foot off the break for a second, then broke again because I would have hit the center divider. I got whiplash from it, but my car was fine. Her grill was smashed and her hood bent upwards. My car had almost no damage to the naked eye. She basically hit my bumper and then slid under, and my bumper absorbed the impact. The body shop completely replaced my bumper which extends to the rear fender (big bumper), and found no damage to the frame of the car at all. As hard as she hit me I could not believe how little damage my car suffered. Her insurance paid my body repair bill, but it was only $900…which I also found surprising given the entire bumper was replaced. I hope my review and insight on the Rogue helps someone make their decision, as I read a lot of reviews of different cars before deciding on the Rogue, and I am more than happy with it."

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

A very nice crossover SUV

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Gas economy, stylish, functional, AWD."

Cons: "Few storage areas, elegance is not an option."

"Before buying this SUV, I owned a Volkswagen Passat 3.6 litter engine, front wheel drive. I must say that it was a fast car, that performed well. But, high gas cost, required super, or anything over 91 octane,high parts cost, and general electrical system issues made me dump it. Putting $50 of gas in it, lasted between 7-9 days. Enter the Nissan Rogue. With $50 of gas the first time I filled it, lasted 16 days. It may last less next time around but twice as long as the VW? That's real savings. It is a 2.5 litter 170 HP engine. But my first point is that it's great on gas. Here is the rest of it. It is stylish, it rides beautifully, it's AWD, VW bad on snow, it's comfortable, the VW gave me a back ache, not everybody will get a backache in a VW, but I did. The VW was loaded, it had every available option, and had a $37,000 sticker price. I bought it used, and I had paid a 1/3 of that sticker, but I must say it was very nice inside. My Rogue is not as ....elegant, that's the right word here, but is not bad. First I love the red, just a touch of red, accented leather seating. It looks kind of cool. I love the GPS/radio system. It's touch screen, it's functional, and it works well. It pairs beautifully with my cell phone, and the calls come through nice and clear. It has a huge glove compartment, you can easily fit a....Hobbit in it, and a huge storage area at the center console, but there is no other storage compartments. That's one of the things I am not happy about. But I will survive. It has a feature by which you can adjust the height of the headlights. In case you have heavy cargo, and you are blinding the people in front of you. It has an on board computer for, miles traveled, gas consumption, temperature, and such, separate from the navigation/radio system. It has available XM radio, you got to pay the subscription though. There is a USB connection for your portable music player. It has ample room in the back, and enough cargo space. It's not a big SUV, so the space in the bag is relative to the size. It comes with a cargo cover. Power drivers seat, and both driver and passenger seat warmers are in it. It comes with a spoiler, and a roof rack. It looks pretty sharp. There is also a back up camera. Just in case Mine comes with 18" wheels, it must be part of the package. Don't forget the mud guards, front and back. Also it does come with a rear window wiper. Nice feature for the snowy Massachusetts weather. Did I mention the power moon roof? There is one. I feel safe in it, I feel good in it, I feel warm and cozy in it. I sound like a girl, but I kind of love this car, and it does not happen to me often. In other words I am impressed. It has almost 32,000 miles in it, and it drives like a brand new car. That is beyond me. It has this solid feel about it. Things might break in the future but for now, it's awesome. I wholeheartedly recommend this car. I think I will definitely look at a Nissan Rogue again in the future. Nissan has won my loyalty in three short weeks. It must be because of the gas savings. P.S. We had a snow storm a few days ago. With my VW i tried to always go on less hilly roads, but not always possible. I got stuck several times in that VW, moving an inch a minute. frustrating i must say. This time around i took the steepest roads, stops dead center on the hill, in the middle of the storm, and drove off like there was no snow on the ground. I love the AWD in my Nissan Rogue. Let it snow I say, as I don't mind it any longer"

Met Our Expectations

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, power, ride, sound system, cameras, CVT"

Cons: "Road noise small rear window (blind spot)"

"We were looking for a AWD crossover under $30K and selected the 2012 Rogue after a through search of it's competitors. We looked at every YouTube video, and every possible review on the Internet before making our final decision. There were no surprises. Even with only 1000 miles on the vehicle, with our previous Nissan experience (six vehicles), I feel I can effectively review this vehicle. The car handles excellent for a small vehicle. It has more than enough power for a 2.5L engine. We like the CVT transmission, even though other's don't care for the "drone". It handles windy, and bumpy roads with ease, corners very well, and is a fun car to drive. We have the fully loaded SL package. The sound system is impressive. The navigation system is very intuitive and one of the best we've had yet. IPOD integration is pretty impressive. Even though there aren't a lot of storage compartments, you can get lost in the glove compartment. The ventilation system works better than expected, with heated seats, it is just a pleasure to drive in the cold. We haven't driven it in the snow yet, but after watching some pretty incredible customer YouTube videos, it looks like this car will be great in the snow. On the negative side, there is more road noise than what we are used to (we are spoiled by the Armada and Murano), but we knew that going into the purchase. Surprisingly, I was comfortable sitting in the rear seat with the front passenger seat slightly moved forward (I'm 6'1" tall). The 4 camera system is very good, and will spoil you. If it had the sonar sensors, that would make this a perfect feature. Since we drive a 2010 Armada, and a 2001 Mercedes ML 430, this car has spoiled us for parking in tight places. Its easy to park anywhere, and even though there is a pretty good blind spot with the rear window size, the cameras really help. We feel very safe driving this vehicle. At 24.01 mpg average, we are pleased with the gas milage."

LOVE my Rogue

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, a/c vents, style, look"

Cons: "No a/c vents for the backseat"

My beautiful Rogue the day I purchased it!

"I originally went to a Honda dealership b/c I wanted a Honda CRV. We were walking through the lot and I noticed this Rogue. I told my salesman I wanted to test drive it.... We drove the CRV first and I really liked it, then we drove the Rogue and I was IN LOVE. I could not get over how great the car is overall, how smooth the ride is, and especially how great the gas mileage is! It's a wonderful car all around and if I ever get rid of it, it will be to purchase another Rogue!"

My beautiful Rogue the day I purchased it!

Not spacious & not insulated from noise & bumps.

By on Monday, May 11, 2015

Pros: "Looks nice."

Cons: "Not spacious & not insualted from noise & bumps."

"It's a decent vehicle, looks nice but if you are looking for a spacious feel this is not for you. We feel cramped as if in a normal sized car rather than a 'crossover' type vehicle. The insulation is not good compared to others this size, you can hear & feel every bump on the roads."