2009 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 379 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

fun too drive

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"nice handling and power train"

Great Vehicle!

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "great value, very reliable"

"This is a very reliable vehicle and is very comfortable to drive. I have had this vehicle for 3 1/2 years and have not had any problems with it. When I get a new vehicle it will most likely be another Rogue!"

OK for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "It's a Nissan, so it is dependable and holds value"

Cons: "Bad blind spots, not enough cubbies for storage"

"My first Crossover. I wanted an AWD and traded a perfectly good Altima. Not as many cubbies for storage, has terrible blind spots when backing up and moving in traffic. Really got to use the mirrors a lot. Can't depend on just looking in the Rearview mirror. Not as good gas milage as I thought. Drives good, not as smooth ride as the Altima."

Very Happy with my Rogue

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "great value of awd and sharp style"

"Outstanding car, 2 yrs and 42000 miles in I still my rogue like I did the day I bought her. She handles great in the snow, and sharp style. It was the perfect blend of style and practicality, for a great price, 24K, worth every penny and more. Tons of cargo space for when you need to haul large loads, great gas mileage, over 2 yrs I've been able to get 26 mi/gal consistently"

Love it!

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

"My husband and I love our Rogue. The continuous variable Transmission (cvt) is very quiet and smooth. We also like the fact that it handles very well in the winter on bad roads."

my first SUV!

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I love this car; bought it new and that was my first SUV. saves gas, drives very good. I drove the CRV, and RAV4;did not feel comfortable to any of them as much as i'm comfortable with Nissan Rogue."

2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

By on Monday, October 11, 2010

"This is the best auto we have owned in many years! Great road car, and, the AWD really helps in snow and ice. Good: Great handling, transmission fuel economy, Bose Stereo, Comfortable seats. Needs Improvement: Auto Locking Doors would be nice, and, perhaps make the keyless system a pushbutton start like on the Altima's. The current system, which looks just like a regular key switch, sometimes make lot attendants ask questions.... One more thing, move the fuel refil door to the driver's side. We drive on the right side of the road, and driver is on the left. In general, this is a safe car, that anyone would love. Don't believe those people that talk about the blind spot in the rear. After you drive it for a few days, it will not bother you.. The outside mirrors are very large, so this MORE than makes up the difference."

Great little crossover!!!

By on Thursday, July 8, 2010

"I would reccomend this car for people who want a crossover that is not too large and thet has good car mileage! This is a perfect mix of a larger sedan and a small SUV. I love this car and would by a newer version once my current one gets old!"

Great Mini SUV

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"This is my first Mini SUV. I owned a Honda Accord before trading for this black beauty. I love the smooth transmission, the size, and the control on the road."

2008 Rogue

By on Monday, March 15, 2010

"I bought this car new from Nissan in Jan 2008. As soon as I turned 36,000 miles the electronics started acting up and I had to replace the battery (it was only two years old). However, that is the ONLY problem I have had. The gas mileage is great, it's roomy, and the seats are ok but not as comfortable as my former 2000 Altima. I was really worried about the woven fabric but it's holding up and doesn't appear worn at all. It is all around a sharp looking vehicle and in my opinion much better quality for your money than the BMW cross over!"

Poor visability

By on Monday, March 8, 2010

"I have a horrible time seeing out the small rear window. When drivers side seat is set in the furthest back position, it's nearly impossible to see out the side back windows. Just seems like all the windows are not real accessible to viewing by the driver, and if so, seem very limited."

Nice car

By on Friday, January 1, 2010

"Overall the Rogue is a nice vehicle. We bought ours in May 2009 and have found the engine powerful for a 4 banger and the ride quiet. Mileage is 21-22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. The only issue we have had is that in city driving, between 25 to 40 mph, when the rpm's drop below 1500 , there is an annoying vibration in the steering wheel. I'm taking it in next week to have the dealer look at this. But from what I have read on some forums, this is quite common. Overall I like the car."

Dont Look Any Farther!

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"We bought our 2008 Nissan Rogue brand newand have absolutely loved it since the first moment we got into it. We get compliments on this car everywhere we go. If you want a car that gets you notice, or that people will stop in a parking lot to admire its beauty, then this is the car for you! I rides like a sedan, but sits up nice and high and gives you plenty of sportiness. Its super quick and quiet, you cant even tell that its a 4 cyl. because it has more get up and go than most 6 cyl. vehicles! Its great to take on long trips because of its super comfortable and plush interior. The Rav4 and CR-V have finally met their match with this one. dont even hesitate with looking at any other Sport- ute, this is the one for you!"

09 Rogue SL

By on Monday, November 23, 2009

"Have had the car for 2 weeks. I think it was a good decision. It feels sporty on the inside and out. Fun to drive. Also drove the Santa Fe, Tiguan and CX 7. The Santa Fe was boring to drive but roomy. The CX7 was nice but the hood scoops very low so you can't see it while driving. I liked the Tiguan as my 2nd choice. They are a lot pricier with less features but the car seemed solid. I am getting used to the cvt tranny, no big deal. I got the premium package with Bose and Sat radio, audio and blu tooth on steering wheel is great. Also got rear spoiler and chrome grille. I think these features adds something to the car especially if your a guy like me. Fits 3 kids in the back easily. Only negative is bad blind spot on right side. 4 cyl is enough for me and I am very satified so far."

By on Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"I have had this car (an SL with AWD) for a year and have put over 16,000 miles on it. It is a great car and I like everything about it with the exception of it having only a manual air conditioning. One would think that this would be upgraded on the SL model. The car is comfortable with adequate acceleration. It drives easily on dry pavement as well as snow. I highly recommend the car if your looking for a small crossover."

LOVE IT!!!!!

By on Thursday, July 30, 2009

"This is the best car i have ever owned, it is a big step up to my 2006 scion xa, its beautiful and fast when i need it to be, i got the 2009 Nissan rogue sl with the premium and moon roof package and i love it so much, thanks Nissan!!!!!!!!!!!"

Eyes Wide Open

By on Wednesday, May 27, 2009

"This (Rogue) is the first Nissan I have ever owned. Very happy with the vehicle. Great comfort, great pickup for a 4 cylinder (170 horse). The only think I wish would have come with it is the security screen in the truck compartment area. Would highly recommend this vehicle for the price."

Quick and Easy

By on Thursday, May 21, 2009

"We have had this car for over a year and love it! The car has enough get up and go. It is easy to get in and out of, especially with the keyless entry and start. It has fun features, such as radio controls on the steering wheel, poser sunroof, bluetooth with controls on the steering wheel. The back seat does get a little cramped with our carseat in the middle. But other than that it is a great car!!!!!!"

Crash Proven

By on Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"Bought new in Jan 08. -Great mpg for a CUV. -Great family vehicle. -Outstanding Airbags. Saved my life when elderly woman blew a stop sign. Traveling at 40mph, No injuries. Rogue repaired to new. Her Corolla, well, dead. -CVT transmission nice for longer drives"

Stylish, sharp and sweet

By on Thursday, September 4, 2008

"We bought this vehicle less than a week ago. I love the styling and how it handles like a car. My only criticism of it is the gas mileage. My Rogue has 800 miles on it and gas mileage has varied wildly--from 13 mpg to 25 mpg. I had a 2006 Altima before which got 30+ mpg on the highway, so this fluctuating gas mileage is driving me crazy. If I can get it to hover around 23-25 mpg, I will be happy. Hopefully, once it is broken in, it will settle down. I could be wrong, but the sticker says it should range from 21-26 mpg, so I am banking on that. It is very stylish with rich interior (I got the premium leather pkg). It feels more like a car than the other crossovers or SUV's I drove. This one is also AWD, so that will take a little getting used to--especially with the CVT transmission. I just hope the gas mileage starts normalizing and improving. my only other comment is that I really miss having the "automatic" headlights that shut off. It seems to have everything else. Nissan, why did that get overlooked on the Rogue?"

Belive it

By on Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Smaller cargo room than the RAV4, but the handeling is the best in this class, Quality? Is there a lot of different between the TOYOTA and NISSAN? Or....."

By on Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, May 5, 2008

"Purchased in December 2007. I love this car! I commute to work and get an average of 25mpg, which isn't bad for AWD. Handles great. I just had my very first accident (ever) in it and was completely unharmed. Very safe vehicle. i would recommend this car to anyone looking this type of vehicle"

good crossover

By on Monday, April 14, 2008

"I've been a faithful Toyota owner for 20+ years. I took a leap of faith trying a Nissan, but was surprised by the luxury feel. I got every option and still paid under 30K. My last car was a 2000 and paid just under what I spent on this."

By on Monday, February 11, 2008

"I was in the market for a crossover since we already have a SUV (X-terra) and the gas prices are going up. The two vehicles I was very interested in purchasing were the Mazda CX-7 and the Rouge. My wife and I chose the Rouge since we have experience great reliability from our X-terra and Nissan built great cars. In the other hand there are a few things I dislike about this car. #1 Gas- I'm getting the same MPG that my X-terra gives, I have to check the numbers since it’s only a 15 gallon tank. #2 -I guess I'm old school but the CVT transmition does not help with fuel economy, and it’s a six speed. That’s all the issues I have with the vehicle, my wife and I love it. I really recommend this vehicle, hopefully the reliability would be great, but I'm not too worried after all it's a NISSAN."