2009 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 368 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Have had my Rouge for 15 months and love it. Would like to see auto lights and a better back window. Blind spot in the back is the only bad thing about it. Rides really great and smooth and handles wonderful."

My First CUV - Quite impressive :-)

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Quality sound system, comfortable seating"

Cons: "Slight engine vibration"

"I traded my 2010 Honda Civic EX for the Rogue SV (equipped with the Premium Package and AWD). I absolutely LOVE this vehicle! It's roomy, smooth, comfortable AND intelligent! The touch-screen radio/navigation, Bluetooth technology and keyless start definitely come in handy (although some of the maps are a bit outdated). I've read stories about the CVT being an annoyance, but honestly, it's only loud and "irritable" during hard acceleration(the engine will rev at high speeds until you release the gas pedal a little). Where immediate acceleration isn't necessary (ie. suburbs, city), the engine's VERY quiet and smooth. Passing fellow motorists is virtually effortless; acceleration is very prompt. The factory sound system is amazing (it isn't BOSE, but it's an upgrade from the standard stereo Nissan offers in lower trims). The interior quality and seating are MUCH, MUCH more comfortable than my Honda(Honda simply does not produce comfortable cars, in my opinion). I purchased the car in May of this year, so I'm not yet sure how it responds to snow/ice - BUT it's quite responsive! I avoided hitting a deer one night and the traction control initiated almost instantly. My only cons are: the sunglasses holder above has somewhat of a budget feel, and the engine vibrates a little around 2,200 RPMs - this could just be a signature of a CVT. These aren't deal breakers, however. I'm very pleased with the style and overall quality of the Rogue! Way to go, Nissan!"

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love everything about our Rogue except the HUGE blind spot in the rear passenger side. Nissan - you really need to redesign this to correct this defect on an otherwise lovely vehicle. Handles well, great MPG, roomy interior."

Exactly What I Waited For

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I bought one of the first...serial number 100244...on October 1st. It's an SL AWD with the Premium package. As of 2/28/08 it has almost 9,000 miles on it, and I will never go back to an automatic trans because the CVT that Nissan placed in this vehicle is pure dynamite. I love it. Gets 28-30 MPG on the road, about 23-25 locally (hills and valleys driving)."

Classy.

By on Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Pros: "Classy, stylish, comfortable, smooth tranny, very smooth ride"

Cons: "Not enough front storage, seats a little stiff"

"We bought our Rogue Krom Edition back in June of this year. We got the White Pearl, added a moon roof and a few other features. We love this car. It's very classy.. stylish.. great on gas for it's class... It gets about the same mileage as our 2008 Altima did. The only complaint I have is there isn't much storage in the front consoles... Seems to be a lot of unused space. I love the CVT tranny, and it rides SO smooth. Plenty of room for the kiddos. I would recommend this ride. I also own a 2008 Honda Civic EXL coupe... I wouldn't say Nissan is cheaply made like other people have said on here. I think some have just had poor service. You know what they say... for every one bad experience, the reputation gets dinged. Go drive one for yourself."

Goin' Rogue....

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Cute and sporty."

Cons: "Blind spots, cheap material in seats, seats are uncomfortable on long trips."

"I wish they had a better design as far as blind spots. Sometimes it is hard to see in mirror and side windows. Gas mileage is okay, not the greatest but as stated. Sometimes feel a weird vibration but was told by the dealer it is the CVT. Had to replace rear wiper blade 1 month after purchase because it wouldn't work correctly. Not sure if I would buy another Rogue but will drive this one until it won't go any further. Wonder why they made the Rogue just a smaller version of the Murano but I do like it, the Murano just seemed too big and clunky. But overall I do like my Rogue and am happy with it."

I Liked My Wife's New Rogue So Much ...

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"... I bought one myself! After driving every small SUV on the road, we both concluded that the Rogue was by far the smoothest riding. There's plenty of power, and the CVT transmission makes the vehicle seems as if it's gliding ... obviously not the typical SUV suspension. We don't find the supposed "drone" an issue, nor do we feel the need for a V-6. The interior is quiet and well-appointed. We both have SL models with the Premium and Leather Packages ... and still came in at about $22k. The $1750 rebate helped, but the Rogue's overall value is the best in its class. The Intelligent Key and Bluetooth features are very convenient, especially for my wife, whose keys and phone always manage to gravitate to the bottom of her purse. We'd like to see auto-on/off headlamps and climate control (standard on many upper-end competitors), and there's a pretty serious blind spot, requiring extra caution. The power lock controls are not illuminated, and a navigation/backup camera option is available only with the S Model 360 Package (this makes no sense). Aftermarket versions are inferior, and cost just about as much. The quality, styling, fit and finish make the Rogue a excellent SUV. You must drive one to appreciate its silky performance."

Best Small SUV

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"With excellent gas mileage, easy to handle, very stable ride with AWD, good looking interior and exterior, dog friendly with flat folding seats, it is highly recommended. Have 22,000 miles and absoltely no problems."

Good appearance, sporty. A lot of road noise.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"Seals on doors aren't very good. Let a lot of road noise in while driving. Can always hear the wind outside the car and the tires are loud. Don't care for the center console between the front bucket seats. Would prefer to be able to open the front windows when the window locks are engaged. Large blind spot between the small windows toward the back of the car and the passenger windows in the rear. Front bumper paint has always been discolored."

drives in any weather!!!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "back up camera in mirror."

Cons: "n/a"

"When the snow was sandy over the weeks, my Honda couldn't drive in the snow. Constantly getting hung up. But my rouge with the push button AWD took me through any condition. Love that...."