2009 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

By on Friday, July 31, 2009

"I love everything about our Rogue except the HUGE blind spot in the rear passenger side. Nissan - you really need to redesign this to correct this defect on an otherwise lovely vehicle. Handles well, great MPG, roomy interior."

Exactly What I Waited For

By on Thursday, February 28, 2008

"I bought one of the first...serial number 100244...on October 1st. It's an SL AWD with the Premium package. As of 2/28/08 it has almost 9,000 miles on it, and I will never go back to an automatic trans because the CVT that Nissan placed in this vehicle is pure dynamite. I love it. Gets 28-30 MPG on the road, about 23-25 locally (hills and valleys driving)."

Goin' Rogue....

By on Sunday, September 04, 2011

Pros: "Cute and sporty."

Cons: "Blind spots, cheap material in seats, seats are uncomfortable on long trips."

"I wish they had a better design as far as blind spots. Sometimes it is hard to see in mirror and side windows. Gas mileage is okay, not the greatest but as stated. Sometimes feel a weird vibration but was told by the dealer it is the CVT. Had to replace rear wiper blade 1 month after purchase because it wouldn't work correctly. Not sure if I would buy another Rogue but will drive this one until it won't go any further. Wonder why they made the Rogue just a smaller version of the Murano but I do like it, the Murano just seemed too big and clunky. But overall I do like my Rogue and am happy with it."

I Liked My Wife's New Rogue So Much ...

By on Monday, July 26, 2010

"... I bought one myself! After driving every small SUV on the road, we both concluded that the Rogue was by far the smoothest riding. There's plenty of power, and the CVT transmission makes the vehicle seems as if it's gliding ... obviously not the typical SUV suspension. We don't find the supposed "drone" an issue, nor do we feel the need for a V-6. The interior is quiet and well-appointed. We both have SL models with the Premium and Leather Packages ... and still came in at about $22k. The $1750 rebate helped, but the Rogue's overall value is the best in its class. The Intelligent Key and Bluetooth features are very convenient, especially for my wife, whose keys and phone always manage to gravitate to the bottom of her purse. We'd like to see auto-on/off headlamps and climate control (standard on many upper-end competitors), and there's a pretty serious blind spot, requiring extra caution. The power lock controls are not illuminated, and a navigation/backup camera option is available only with the S Model 360 Package (this makes no sense). Aftermarket versions are inferior, and cost just about as much. The quality, styling, fit and finish make the Rogue a excellent SUV. You must drive one to appreciate its silky performance."

Best Small SUV

By on Friday, April 16, 2010

"With excellent gas mileage, easy to handle, very stable ride with AWD, good looking interior and exterior, dog friendly with flat folding seats, it is highly recommended. Have 22,000 miles and absoltely no problems."

Have loved it since day I bought it.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Great handling. Comfortable. To drive"

"It has never let me down"

Good appearance, sporty. A lot of road noise.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"Seals on doors aren't very good. Let a lot of road noise in while driving. Can always hear the wind outside the car and the tires are loud. Don't care for the center console between the front bucket seats. Would prefer to be able to open the front windows when the window locks are engaged. Large blind spot between the small windows toward the back of the car and the passenger windows in the rear. Front bumper paint has always been discolored."

drives in any weather!!!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "back up camera in mirror."

Cons: "n/a"

"When the snow was sandy over the weeks, my Honda couldn't drive in the snow. Constantly getting hung up. But my rouge with the push button AWD took me through any condition. Love that...."

Great vehicle

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Great price, fun to drive, great value."

Cons: "Could use some extra storage space in front."

"Traded my 2001 Tahoe, best trade ever. I have owned three weeks, great mileage, comfortable, more than adequate pick up. Got used to the CVT trans in a few days, overdrive gives good engine braking when needed. Rear view camera is great, as is the bluetooth and sirius. Got a great deal on a great car!"

2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD: Steer Clear of This One!

By on Monday, April 15, 2013

Pros: "Fairly inexpensive; decent trim level. Smooth ride"

Cons: "Completely unreliable powertrain. Poor engineering"

"Transmission leaks at 50,000 miles and having to replace the rear differential at 73,000 is indicative of a LEMON. Nissan's CVT is a class-action lawsuit waiting to happen, too. Add in sensor lights that keep popping on and off at random and you have one annoying, unreliable vehicle. Steer Clear of the Nissan Rogue!"