2009 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 341 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Great SUV. Great value

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, handles like a car."

Cons: "Not enough cubbies for front passenger storage."

"The people in my family are tall. 6' to 6'4". This SUV is a little tight quarters when we all ride together. Great mpg. I average the sticker amount, have gotten up to 33 hwy. Some road noise but not terribly loud."

my review

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

I don't own this car

"very good"

Great buy! I would recommend it to a friend.

By on Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive and beautiul."

Cons: "Fully loaded with leather interior is expensive."

"I purchased a fully loaded SL AWD with leather interior in May 2013. This is a great vehicle to own and drive. When I first brought it home the engine was a little loud but after driving it a while it's now quite. The ride is smooth and quite and it looks beautiful. My Rouge is black with chrome trim. Other drivers tell me it's beautiful. It is good on gas and handles well. It's not too big or too small. It seems like Nissan Corporation is working hard to impress their customers. Be careful it likes to drive fast!"

a complete vehicle

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "back up screen too small"

"the Nissan is cracked up to be the best car I have owned. in terms of reliability it is great. the smooth acceleration of the drive train is fantastic the design of the interior makes driving a pleasure the exterior of the car is easy to care for."

Great car, better than expected

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought the car at end of March, 2013, have about 12,500 miles. No problems at all. Average about 27 MPG. Runs well, comfortable, convenient, even my GF likes it now, she had doubts when I bought it, she now likes it better than her C300 Benz!"

Very Happy With This SUV

By on Saturday, September 21, 2013

"I've had Nissan Rouge S Special Edition for 4 months and I love it. The seats are very comfortable. The ride is quiet. Gas mileage averages over 27 mpg and that's city/suburban driving. I love all the space. First time I've had a hatchback. I find the hatchback so much more useful than a trunk. The only thing I dislike is it doesn't speed up fast enough when I push it to 60/70 mph. But, this is a minor problem. I wish I'd gone with a higher trim level to get the leather seats and other bells and whistles. But, overall, I am very happy with this small SUV and am encouraging another family member to buy one."

Buyer's Remorse

By on Friday, September 20, 2013

Pros: "exterior design, smooth and quiet ride"

Cons: "driver seat is extremely uncomfortable"

"I recently purchased a 2013 SV model.Test drive went okay but I should have drove it longer and test drove more models. After driving this vehicle for a month now, I find that the drivers seat is extremely uncomfortable. It's a 6 way power seat but problem is the seat bottom does not adjust. It's set to a very steep angle like a sports car. I can't find a comfortable position and it puts my leg to sleep, even just driving short distances. Not fun to drive at all. As far as the actual ride, it's quite smooth and quiet, very car like so no complaints there. But don't make the same mistake I did. Do your homework and test drive alot of different models."

Great MPG - I am getting 27 MPG in city driving

By on Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pros: "great price, good looking"

Cons: "Bling spot, little bit of noise"

"Nice SUV considering it's price"

i bought this car to commute to work. i love it

By on Thursday, August 29, 2013

Pros: "smooth ride, great gas mileage"

Cons: "more room for storage without lowering back seat"

"gets great gas mileage. I would buy another one. u got the luxury of a smooth riding car and durability of a suv.it maneuvers well in inclement weather conditions.it can climb a snow covered driveway like it's not there. truly the best car I've ever had.when friends or family has driven it they fall in love with it."

Suits my needs

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pros: "Great value for the money!"

Cons: "Would like fuel entry on drivers side."

"And the bonus is I actually love it even though I didn't think too much of it when I 1st got it now I absolutely love it! Has excellent gas mileage for an AWD vehicle, is dependable and looks just like the newer 2012's & 2013's. Also, holds it's value well."

Best value for the money in a small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I have a 2013 S model with the Special Edition Package and I considered this model as the best bang for the buck of all models offered. I paid $21.3K Pros: Fun to drive, gas mileage right at the 28mpg highway EPA estimates for AWD version, plenty of room in the back seat, plenty of cargo room(remember, this is a small SUV), very comfortable, composed and relatively quiet ride, the CVT is tuned for optimal mileage if you light foot it, instrumentation and control layout is almost perfect and very intuitive. Interior materials and quality are excellent. Adequate acceleration and excellent braking. Rearview camera is very handy in parking lots. Cons: Ergonomics suffer mainly from the lack of a telescoping wheel. If you are longer legged and drive with the seat further back, it's a longer reach to the wheel. Passenger comfort would be aided by the vertical adjustment that is present on the driver's seat. No armrest in the back. No bottle holder in the doors and the interior in general could use a couple more cubbyholes for stuff. The engine drone under heavy acceleration is a bit annoying. Lastly, the center armrest could be an inch or two further forward but that's really nitpicking."

nice car, nice wagon, a great buy!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "nice engine, CVT nice, nice colors, desing is ok,"

Cons: "rear visibility is bad..."

"I can't complain I just barely drive it for 2000 miles, we fallow all steps in the manual owners, every step before the 1,200 miles and yes! is true! the cars is magnificent after that... we went to California after that and was a wonderful trip this car runs very nice and economic, "1 tank to go and half tank for return" believe it! many people never read a manual owners and drive very bad a brand new car. Nissan rogue is ok, the CVT is awesome and I think that is not a complete SUV, for me is most a wagon a nice wagon... ok the only bad thing is the rear visibility, but you can use the rear view mirrors I own the basic version no camera hahaha! if you pay attention you don need the camera."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

"I traded in my 2009 Altima coupe for this 2012 Nissan Rogue when I had a baby and needed four doors. This Rogue is a wonderful daily driver car. My only issue has been blind spots when driving, which was easily fixed by small blind spot mirrors from advance auto parts. Was also hit from the side (not related to blind spots, person ran stop sign) and the rogue's front end was taken off, car kept me safe and all safety features worked properly. I recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

Nissan Rogue CVT Transmission

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Reason: Bad transmission (CVT)

Pros: "Exterior appearance"

Cons: "Quality, value, no acceleration, undependable"

"Do not buy a Nissan. The CVT transmission is horrible quality and will not get you many miles out of your car. Google this, and you will find loads of information about the faulty CVT. Nissan even doubled their warranty due to "customer satisfaction" from known issues with this transmission. Ever since we purchased the car in 2008, we have been in and out of the service department (starting after the first 3 months) with problems with the car, including no acceleration and problems with the internal computer. The warranty was extended to 120,000 miles, and we had 126,000 when the transmission had to be replaced ($4,000). Now you would think a reputable company would "make it right" for the customer, but Nissan was incredible difficult to work with. For that reason alone, I would not recommend Nissan. At the end of the day, you want the manufacturer to stand behind their vehicles and customers."

Best vehicle I ever owned!!!

By on Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, exactly what I was looking for."

"Love my Rogue!!!"

2013 AWD is woefully underpowered.

By on Monday, July 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of room. fold seats and you have room to haul"

Cons: "underpowered, lousy gas mileage"

"Get moving before merging into highway speed traffic. CVT not very responsive. Gas mileage is abysmal at about 18/22. Ride is good. 10hr 500 mile trip and our backs were none the worse for wear. Very good at cutting road noise. Steering at highway speeds was dodgy. Had to be up on the wheel constantly. Dealer said I need alignment which they provided free of charge and told me to steer clear of potholes...duh."

Performance VS economy

By on Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Pros: "Good price considering options, reliable (so far.."

Cons: "MPG and interior space a little low"

"I traded in my 2007 Nissan Alitma for a 2012 Rogue. I wanted to get that nissan gas mileage with a little more room and road height. The gas mileage is just about what EPA said but I hoped for more because salesman said mostly highway driving should be better than rated. I recently moved and my Rogue did everything asked of it and MORE! Wish the rearseats would lay totally flat and the hatch opening was a little larger. At first the backseat seemed to have more room then altima but then realized only two people can sit back there, oh well they have a little more leg room each. Rogue doesnt handle Highway speed as well as I had hoped but keep it under 75 and all is well."

Nissan Rogue...2008...AWD

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Economy, style, drivability, safety in snow,"

Cons: "CVT, stains on interior, blind spots"

"Bought the car in 2009 with 26,000 miles on it....had already had CVT transmission replaced...Very stable car on the road..goes through 2 feet of snow, good fuel economy around 24 MPG ave. Would be the best car ever...with a REAL transmission....CVT went out again with 90K on it..I did use it to pull my little 14 foot fishing boat, Nissan said that did not cause failure, but I use my Chevy truck, now when I go fishing...I have gone cross country twice with this car driving 85MPH, without a whimper, I plan on keeping the car till at least 200K miles...Looks more expensive than is, plenty of power for passing and driving, a little noisy , but for the money, great car for the Northern USA...The cloth interior stains easily, the original tires were "Hi-mileage " tires but would not stop on ice, snow, or water....after replacing those it is a great car for bad driving conditions....I would buy another today, if it was offered with a good 5 speed manual, or reliable automatic transmission. I hope Nissan gets the bugs out of CVT, or starts using REAL transmissions again...great car for a small family (with no boat, or snowmobile) or elderly person....fun to drive...GREAT MOTOR..good economy...BLIND SPOTS need personal attention though...takes a little getting used to."

By on Wednesday, July 10, 2013

"I love this car! This is my second Rouge. I do have a few gripes with the car. Not real comfortable on long trips. Blind spots are a problem but other than that its a great car!!"

Decent CUV COMPARED TO THE REST IN 2008

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun little CUV"

Cons: "little under powered, but not a race car..."

"Just a decent small sized CUV. Good Gas Mileage. Reliable transportation. Low Maintenance costs."

Don't buy this car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

"I bought this car because I always liked the look and for a quick test drive it was what I was looking for. Well, fast forward a few months and the car caused me to have a ton of back pain. Literally had to drive completely upright because steering wheel is not telescopic and overall interior is not ergonomic at all. I just got rid of it and flushed a few thousand dollars down the drain because I literally couldn't stand it anymore. I run cars into the ground and keep them forever and I got rid of this with 3k miles on it. Don't waste your money!!"

Great mid-sized SUV

By on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pros: "Awesome stero speakers, great gas mileage"

"I bought this used and am very happy with the purchase. Terrific gas mileage compared to other SUV's and car is perfect mid-size. Would love Ipod hookup rather than aux port"