2009 Nissan Rogue

8.1

Based on 355 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

1st Car purchase & the best

By on Monday, December 28, 2009

"I did 5 months of research on crossovers/ SUV's: test drove CRV, Rav4, Saturn View & Escape. The Rogue doesn't compare: its sleek look, comfortable inside, and interior layout make this car on the high end of cross-overs. Its the perfect size without the extra bulk, and you can tell that Nissan did not skimp on quality. There is plenty of room in the back for passengers and storage. There are more than enough cup holders, and storage in the back of both of the front setas. Similar to the Murano, the Rogue is higher off the ground than a sedan, but not too high. I purchased a 2008 Rogue with the Bose sound system, Sun roof, and volume/cruise control on the steering wheel. The Rogue is so easy and fun to drive I can't imagine driving any other car. I would highly recommend this car for anyone looking to down size from a larger SUV or buy as a 1st car. Test drive it once and you'll see why I can't say enough good things about it."

I love it!!!

By on Monday, August 10, 2009

"My Rogue is awesome! I think it is sooo cute and my husband loves how reliable it is. My only complaint is that it is hard to get 3 car seats in at one time, but it can be done. I went from a mini van to this crossover though, so I was used to a lot of room. However, we did fit a dishwasher in the very back without laying the back seats down, so you can haul practically whatever you want or need."

great crossover

By on Thursday, July 16, 2009

"Love this vehicle! Leased a Honda Accord for 6 years and lease was up so researched new options. Never thought something like this would be within reach, but test drove and fell in love and figured a way to make it fit in. Such a change from a typical car but not the gas guzzling SUV type either...great middle ground between the two. Would definitely recommend the Rogue to others in the market for a new vehicle. No complaints here and the Nissan folks are great to do business with!! :)"

Have loved it since day I bought it.

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Great handling. Comfortable. To drive"

"It has never let me down"

Great SUV priced right rides great good mpg would

By on Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Pros: "Would highly recommend this car great value"

"Great car roomy good mpg highly recommend"

Great car

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Bought it new. Have had no trouble with it. Average 26 mpg. Very pleased."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

"I traded in my 2009 Altima coupe for this 2012 Nissan Rogue when I had a baby and needed four doors. This Rogue is a wonderful daily driver car. My only issue has been blind spots when driving, which was easily fixed by small blind spot mirrors from advance auto parts. Was also hit from the side (not related to blind spots, person ran stop sign) and the rogue's front end was taken off, car kept me safe and all safety features worked properly. I recommend this vehicle to anyone."

Daily driver car, good buy!

By on Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Pros: "reliable, peppy, good looking, functional"

Cons: "blind spots in mirrors, look before you merge!"

Decent CUV COMPARED TO THE REST IN 2008

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun little CUV"

Cons: "little under powered, but not a race car..."

"Just a decent small sized CUV. Good Gas Mileage. Reliable transportation. Low Maintenance costs."

Smooth Ride!

By on Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pros: "Smooth, affordable, stylish, trunk space"

Cons: "No button to open the trunk in the car or on key"

"I love my Nissan Rogue. Very comfortable, stylish, dependable, and such a SMOOTH ride. It drives like a sports car. I owned a Mitsubishi Eclipse before this, so I guess I'm used to the rear window not being that great to see out of, so I can't say I'm too upset about it being "difficult" to back up. Great car so far. Also I've seen many reviews about the noisy cabin or noisy CVT .. haven't noticed that at all. Seems quiet to me!"

Great Vehicle

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Overall good car"

Cons: "None to me"

"I have owned a few Nissan products and this one is great ! It gets around 24 miles per gallon in town and up to 28 on hwy driving. It's also very comfortable, roomy and sturdy so I feel safe if in bad rain, weather, etc. I would definetly recommend this car !!"

Great all around car

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, lots of room, good gas mileage"

Cons: "no daytime running lights"

"I wanted a car that had cargo like an SUV but not as big and not as high of gas mileage. I found it in the Rogue. Everyone that drives or rides in my car loves it! I fit a snow blower and a door at the same time with out taking out my child's car seat. It has modern conveniences (smart key, Bluetooth, etc) without the price. On the highway, it rides smooth and has the power to pass, even on a hill(especially needed in Mass.). It rides great in the snow, rain or anything. It also sits high like an SUV so you can see all traffic. I even have had offers to sell it well over blue book value, but I love it too much to sell it."

good for me - depends where you live/what you want

By on Thursday, February 09, 2012

Pros: "Maneuverability, interior room, gas mileage"

Cons: "plain"

"I had a Nissan Frontier, 4-dr, 4-wheel drive, Nismo, sunroof...ahhh, I loved that truck. I had it about 5 years and it never let me down. However, I fell in love and he too had a 4-dr truck. Both got crumby mileage and we love road trips. His was newer and had more bells and whistles so mine had to go :( I am a Nissan loyalist because I have had 3 so far and they have never let me down. The dash of the Murano felt HUGE to me and I really liked the feel of the Subaru Outback, so I decided on the Rogue. Good gas mileage and great room. I have stuffed furniture in it, rolls of carpet, plants, you name it...it fits. My boyfriend said it feels like a little sports car (it drives just like a car). I also live in the snow and it handles great - much better than the truck ever did. It's cute too. I have to admit, a man driving it looks a little weird. Good mom car or single gal car."

Great car - missing a few features

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Safe, fuel efficient AWD, comfortable"

Cons: "missing some key features"

"The car is very stable especially in emergency situations. Handles well with sudden breaking/turning. I have the SL version loaded and love it but there are a few features that should be available on the Rogue such as back up sensors or a back up camera (they have updated and are available since my 09 model). Also should have auto headlights and they should also come on and stay on when you unlock the car with the key fob. Something similar to Ford's Sync system would be another nice feature to add to future models. Overall though, I have had no problems with the car at all. Runs great, looks great, drives great, decent fuel economy, and all around a good car. Hopefully future models will include some of those things."

fun too drive

By on Thursday, January 12, 2012

"nice handling and power train"

Great Vehicle!

By on Sunday, January 08, 2012

Pros: "great value, very reliable"

"This is a very reliable vehicle and is very comfortable to drive. I have had this vehicle for 3 1/2 years and have not had any problems with it. When I get a new vehicle it will most likely be another Rogue!"

OK for the money

By on Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pros: "It's a Nissan, so it is dependable and holds value"

Cons: "Bad blind spots, not enough cubbies for storage"

"My first Crossover. I wanted an AWD and traded a perfectly good Altima. Not as many cubbies for storage, has terrible blind spots when backing up and moving in traffic. Really got to use the mirrors a lot. Can't depend on just looking in the Rearview mirror. Not as good gas milage as I thought. Drives good, not as smooth ride as the Altima."

Very Happy with my Rogue

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "great value of awd and sharp style"

"Outstanding car, 2 yrs and 42000 miles in I still my rogue like I did the day I bought her. She handles great in the snow, and sharp style. It was the perfect blend of style and practicality, for a great price, 24K, worth every penny and more. Tons of cargo space for when you need to haul large loads, great gas mileage, over 2 yrs I've been able to get 26 mi/gal consistently"

Love it!

By on Saturday, September 17, 2011

"My husband and I love our Rogue. The continuous variable Transmission (cvt) is very quiet and smooth. We also like the fact that it handles very well in the winter on bad roads."

my first SUV!

By on Friday, November 19, 2010

"I love this car; bought it new and that was my first SUV. saves gas, drives very good. I drove the CRV, and RAV4;did not feel comfortable to any of them as much as i'm comfortable with Nissan Rogue."

2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

By on Monday, October 11, 2010

"This is the best auto we have owned in many years! Great road car, and, the AWD really helps in snow and ice. Good: Great handling, transmission fuel economy, Bose Stereo, Comfortable seats. Needs Improvement: Auto Locking Doors would be nice, and, perhaps make the keyless system a pushbutton start like on the Altima's. The current system, which looks just like a regular key switch, sometimes make lot attendants ask questions.... One more thing, move the fuel refil door to the driver's side. We drive on the right side of the road, and driver is on the left. In general, this is a safe car, that anyone would love. Don't believe those people that talk about the blind spot in the rear. After you drive it for a few days, it will not bother you.. The outside mirrors are very large, so this MORE than makes up the difference."

Great Mini SUV

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"This is my first Mini SUV. I owned a Honda Accord before trading for this black beauty. I love the smooth transmission, the size, and the control on the road."

2008 Rogue

By on Monday, March 15, 2010

"I bought this car new from Nissan in Jan 2008. As soon as I turned 36,000 miles the electronics started acting up and I had to replace the battery (it was only two years old). However, that is the ONLY problem I have had. The gas mileage is great, it's roomy, and the seats are ok but not as comfortable as my former 2000 Altima. I was really worried about the woven fabric but it's holding up and doesn't appear worn at all. It is all around a sharp looking vehicle and in my opinion much better quality for your money than the BMW cross over!"

Poor visability

By on Monday, March 08, 2010

"I have a horrible time seeing out the small rear window. When drivers side seat is set in the furthest back position, it's nearly impossible to see out the side back windows. Just seems like all the windows are not real accessible to viewing by the driver, and if so, seem very limited."

Nice car

By on Friday, January 01, 2010

"Overall the Rogue is a nice vehicle. We bought ours in May 2009 and have found the engine powerful for a 4 banger and the ride quiet. Mileage is 21-22 mpg in the city and 30 mpg on the highway. The only issue we have had is that in city driving, between 25 to 40 mph, when the rpm's drop below 1500 , there is an annoying vibration in the steering wheel. I'm taking it in next week to have the dealer look at this. But from what I have read on some forums, this is quite common. Overall I like the car."