2009 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 359 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

a complete vehicle

By on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pros: "good value"

Cons: "back up screen too small"

"the Nissan is cracked up to be the best car I have owned. in terms of reliability it is great. the smooth acceleration of the drive train is fantastic the design of the interior makes driving a pleasure the exterior of the car is easy to care for."

Happy with our purchase

By on Wednesday, January 06, 2010

"We bought this vehicle in march of 2008 right before I had my son, traded up for more room from a honda civic. Plenty of room for a carseat and all the extra junk that comes with a kid. We are a military family stationed in California and we make frequent road trips home to Texas, and this car is great comfortable, quiet, roomy and good on gas for long drives. We love the 4 cylinder has a lot of torque so it has power but still gets good gas mileage. the ride is smooth, the size is perfect for our family and the extra features bose sound system, steering wheel controls, sunroof are great. so far over 40k miles on it and no mechanical problems. The only complaints i have are that the paint chips easily and the seats stain and are hard to clean because of the texture even after the scotch guard that i paid extra for from the dealership. So far 2 factory recalls but were easily taken care of in one day."

Best value for the money in a small SUV

By on Wednesday, August 28, 2013

"I have a 2013 S model with the Special Edition Package and I considered this model as the best bang for the buck of all models offered. I paid $21.3K Pros: Fun to drive, gas mileage right at the 28mpg highway EPA estimates for AWD version, plenty of room in the back seat, plenty of cargo room(remember, this is a small SUV), very comfortable, composed and relatively quiet ride, the CVT is tuned for optimal mileage if you light foot it, instrumentation and control layout is almost perfect and very intuitive. Interior materials and quality are excellent. Adequate acceleration and excellent braking. Rearview camera is very handy in parking lots. Cons: Ergonomics suffer mainly from the lack of a telescoping wheel. If you are longer legged and drive with the seat further back, it's a longer reach to the wheel. Passenger comfort would be aided by the vertical adjustment that is present on the driver's seat. No armrest in the back. No bottle holder in the doors and the interior in general could use a couple more cubbyholes for stuff. The engine drone under heavy acceleration is a bit annoying. Lastly, the center armrest could be an inch or two further forward but that's really nitpicking."

Great car, better than expected

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Great value."

Cons: "none that I can think of"

"Bought the car at end of March, 2013, have about 12,500 miles. No problems at all. Average about 27 MPG. Runs well, comfortable, convenient, even my GF likes it now, she had doubts when I bought it, she now likes it better than her C300 Benz!"

Thus far pleased

By on Monday, December 19, 2011

Pros: "fair price (asking @ my dealership was $25500)"

"I purchased the Rogue the summer 2011. Thus far I am very pleased and the pros outweigh my 'concerns.' For example, regarding the appearance, I love the sleek exterior (a pearl white finish) and find the driver's seat comfortable compared to my previous car (the Toyota Camry). I enjoy driving 'higher-up' versus in a sedan and feel like this vehicle could take an impact well if involved in an accident. The instrument panel and reverse image capability is great versus other models that show it in your rearview mirror. I also enjoy the I-pod hook-up and option for Sirius satellite radio. Thus far the Rogue drives smoothly and can accelerate well if on a flat/even surface (not so much traveling uphill.) Cons: * Initial turnover/start-up rev's high. A little unnerving, but the dealership advised this is normal * Road noise is also a little loud.. but the sound system compensates this if you like to listen to music loudly. * I'm unable to stop the temp gauge from blinking when temp's drop below 40 degrees F. I find this distracting"