2008 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 377 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

Don't buy this car

By on Sunday, May 12, 2013

"I bought this car because I always liked the look and for a quick test drive it was what I was looking for. Well, fast forward a few months and the car caused me to have a ton of back pain. Literally had to drive completely upright because steering wheel is not telescopic and overall interior is not ergonomic at all. I just got rid of it and flushed a few thousand dollars down the drain because I literally couldn't stand it anymore. I run cars into the ground and keep them forever and I got rid of this with 3k miles on it. Don't waste your money!!"

Love this car!

By on Monday, July 6, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable and easy to drive"

Cons: "I'd like larger backup screen"

"Drove many other cars over the years, mostly SUVs but a couple of others, and when I stepped into my first Rogue I knew I had found MY car. The benefits of an SUV (height from ground, etc.)with the comfort of a sedan make the Rogue the perfect car. Many SUVs are too high for us of shorter height but Rogue hits a happy medium. Front bumper doesn't graze the curb like sedans either! I'm now on my second Rogue and don't plan to change."

Terrible pick up; CVT transmission is a pig.

By on Friday, February 8, 2013

Pros: "Nice leather, good bluetooth."

Cons: "Noisy, bad pick up, lacks cargo space."

"When a test drove this SUV I should have taken it right back to the dealer and moved on. The CVT transmission is noisy and a real pig. I can't believe someone said this vehicle had good pick up! Trying to get up to speed on an interstate is dangerous...even in their "sport mode" which is again a joke. Visibility out the rear window is awful. If you are in and out of your vehichle 40 times a day like I am one of the most annoying features is the door locks. They lock automatically at 16 mph and if you stop, put the car in park they do not open. You either have to shut off the vehicle or manually unlock the doors. Gas mileage is average NEVER got 30 mpg even with a 1500 mile trip to FL. Very good cell phone connectivity with blue tooth but no place to put your cell phone. Rectangular compartment is tool small for an iphone and cup holders are for CUPS, not cell phones. Did their engineers not own iphones, blackberries or other models. These might seem trivial but if you are in and out of your vehicle or pick up and drop off clients the door thing will drive you nuts. Rear luggage area is about half the size of a RAV 4 and when you put the back seats down they don't lie flat. Will trade this in the next 3 months."

HATE IT !!!

By on Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cons: "Everything. Do yourself a favor and don't bother !"

"I purchased my 2013 Rogue about 2 1/2 weeks ago and I don't have one good thing to say about it. The inside is a nightmare.. There is no storage .. I can't find a comfortable position to drive in it. The steering wheel is at to much of a angle so it's hard to find a good position to drive in. The doors handle is at the very front and the doors are long and it makes for a very awkward exit. If you try to adjust the seat height then you run into the problem of the rear view mirror blocking your view out the windshield . It's very loud if you have to step on the gas. Mine has a "sport mode" it's pointless. Mine also pulls to the left and when I took it in they said there was nothing wrong and it was the curve of the road.. Apparently every road I drive on makes it pull to the left.. Overall I hate this vehicle. I have owned 3 nissans before this one and loved them all but I really hate this one!"

Not what I expected

By on Saturday, February 9, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage"

Cons: "Transmission , road stability in snow, noisy cabin"

"I purchased this vehicle in October 2012, it's great on gas ,but the new transmission they have the CVT is over rated, if you are stopped and have to move quick don't count on it, it has all wheel drive but not good in snow andI had very aggressive tires very squirrelly. Noisy ,idls loud,when driving down hill techs out to about 5 grand where as if you had a regular tranny it would coast and would not have a lot of resistance from the engine.so long story short I would not recommend this vehicle . In the process of trading ."