2008 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 379 Ratings for the 2008 - 2015 models.

My First CUV - Quite impressive :-)

By on Thursday, November 17, 2011

Pros: "Quality sound system, comfortable seating"

Cons: "Slight engine vibration"

"I traded my 2010 Honda Civic EX for the Rogue SV (equipped with the Premium Package and AWD). I absolutely LOVE this vehicle! It's roomy, smooth, comfortable AND intelligent! The touch-screen radio/navigation, Bluetooth technology and keyless start definitely come in handy (although some of the maps are a bit outdated). I've read stories about the CVT being an annoyance, but honestly, it's only loud and "irritable" during hard acceleration(the engine will rev at high speeds until you release the gas pedal a little). Where immediate acceleration isn't necessary (ie. suburbs, city), the engine's VERY quiet and smooth. Passing fellow motorists is virtually effortless; acceleration is very prompt. The factory sound system is amazing (it isn't BOSE, but it's an upgrade from the standard stereo Nissan offers in lower trims). The interior quality and seating are MUCH, MUCH more comfortable than my Honda(Honda simply does not produce comfortable cars, in my opinion). I purchased the car in May of this year, so I'm not yet sure how it responds to snow/ice - BUT it's quite responsive! I avoided hitting a deer one night and the traction control initiated almost instantly. My only cons are: the sunglasses holder above has somewhat of a budget feel, and the engine vibrates a little around 2,200 RPMs - this could just be a signature of a CVT. These aren't deal breakers, however. I'm very pleased with the style and overall quality of the Rogue! Way to go, Nissan!"

Sturdy and Stylish

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

Pros: "Good MPG, great in snow"

"Amazed at how roomy it is, yet I don't feel like I'm driving a big car. The ride is pretty smooth and handles fairly well in heavy WI snows. All in all, I wouldn't think of getting a different model when it comes time to trade in for a new car. I drive hard and this car keeps up with my awful driving."

Best car i've ever owned

By on Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Pros: "Smooth ride, spacious, affordable, high MPG for its class, comfortable, clear bluetooth sound"

Cons: "Interior design is kind of generic"

"Very spacious, drives smooth, rear backup camera is nice. Bluetooth works great, very clear. would've liked to have the built in garage door opener on the rearview mirror (like the altima, maxima, et al)."

2010 SL Rogue

By on Thursday, September 30, 2010

"Purchased this crossover new in June 2010, after comparing Hyundai Tuscon, Toyota Rav-4 and Honda CR-V. Rogue was a better value with applicable rebates and a preferred dealer. The positives are sleek exterior styling, but compromises rear visibility, ground clearance height affords good forward visibility, power acceleration for highway driving, comfortable front passenger seat for my 6' 3" husband. Negatives: Suspension, ride is rough feels like a truck over the slightest bumps, turning radius is wider than expected, steering wrestles in tight spots. Convenience and cosmetics: Fuel port on passenger side, dealer says this is with all Japanese cars, not true not even on all Nissans, no remote fuel port release, a feature found on lower end models, why not on the Rogue? After market locking gas cap is not recommended and Nissan is not interested in hearing about it. No rear door pockets, or locking glove compartment, cheap woven cloth upholstery, concerns about durability although only 2 adult passengers. Horn sounds like a toy. Rebates and a responsive dealer sold this vehcle."

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Have had my Rouge for 15 months and love it. Would like to see auto lights and a better back window. Blind spot in the back is the only bad thing about it. Rides really great and smooth and handles wonderful."