• 2014 Compact SUV Buyer's Guide

2008 Nissan Rogue

8.0

Based on 315 Ratings for the 2008 - 2013 models.

o.k. I guess

By on Sunday, July 06, 2014

Reason: boring

Pros: "price and reliability"

Cons: "boring, sluggish and easy to scratch"

"Pro: price Con: sluggish and boring to drive. I was excited when I first bought this car since the price was inexpensive and I was able to afford the sl model. Very quickly I found this car boring and did not enjoy driving it. The rogue is loud and sluggish when driving and I averaged around 22 mpg. The biggest thing I did not enjoy was that the backup camera is placed to low to use. Overall the price is not bad but spend a little extra if you want a car you will drive for a while. I never had one mechanical issue and found the car to be quite reliable."

Car is in very good conditions

By on Tuesday, July 01, 2014

INSIDE AUTO VERY CLEAN

"Tis car is in great conditions has rear view camera and bluetoone."

INSIDE AUTO VERY CLEAN

Great car

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"Bought it new. Have had no trouble with it. Average 26 mpg. Very pleased."

Great car

By on Thursday, June 26, 2014

Pros: "goes anywhere, nice ride"

Cons: "Gas mileage soso, needs a little more power."

"82000 miles and only problem was a front wheel bearing. I would recommend this car."

Love this car!

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, good on gas, lots of room!"

Cons: "Headlights don't go on and off by themselves. :-("

"Love the way it handles, the way it rides and the way the SPORT function gets me in and out of Qatar busy Roundabouts!"

Wonderful car and a joy to drive...

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Leg room and seating."

Cons: "Could get better MPG"

"The seats are superior to all the cars I have owned. Extremely comfortable, especially for a guy that is 6' 3" and weighs 280. My advice is to buy one. My MGP is around 26 average..."

I am disabled has been a great car for needs

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Terrific car, avarage of 24.9 miles to gallon"

Cons: "none,except no a/c in back for a 4 door"

"My partner bought this Nissan Rouge SL used in 2011, and I have been the sole driver since by paying the insurance. It is a great vehicle for my needs, is comfortable and has had no defects except a bumper dent in a parking lot which was fixed. It has leather seats (electronic) and a 6 CD Bose system. It also has a sunroof with rack on top. Four door etc., with a sparkle white outside and tan on the inside."

LOVE my Rogue

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Gas mileage, comfort, a/c vents, style, look"

Cons: "No a/c vents for the backseat"

My beautiful Rogue the day I purchased it!

"I originally went to a Honda dealership b/c I wanted a Honda CRV. We were walking through the lot and I noticed this Rogue. I told my salesman I wanted to test drive it.... We drove the CRV first and I really liked it, then we drove the Rogue and I was IN LOVE. I could not get over how great the car is overall, how smooth the ride is, and especially how great the gas mileage is! It's a wonderful car all around and if I ever get rid of it, it will be to purchase another Rogue!"

My beautiful Rogue the day I purchased it!

Love my Rogue!

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Very good value, nice height to see over non-SUVs"

Cons: "GPS is inferior"

"I keep my Rogue in excellent condition. Changed tires at 60,000. The only thing I don't like is the built-in GPS system. It's inferior to my Garmin or Tom-Tom."

First non-American made car

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Price, handling, comfort"

Cons: "Visibility (EZ 2 fix with the back up camera opt.)"

"This was the first non-American made car I've ever owned and sadly it's also one of the best (if not the best) cars I've owned. Some call the Rogue a "Baby Murano" yet after driving both and seeing the difference in price (The Rogue is MUCH cheaper) and gas milage (About 4 MPG better than the Murano) I found the Rogue to be a much better value than the Murano and just as nice but the thing that made it nicer was the 2.5 liter 4 cyl engine. It got a good 4 MPG better mileage while not sacrificing much in the way of power. (Hardly noticeable) I would definitely recommend this car over the Murano if you're trying to decide between the 2. The only downside to this car is the visibility (Also an issue with the Murano) but mine came with a back up camera which more than compensated for that and I would recommend anyone buying this car definitely take the back up camera option. Overall I have to say I've been VERY pleased with this car from the day I bought it to present and would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a cross-over type vehicle."

Dont buy Nissan!!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

"I would like to warn everyone to avoid buying any Nissan products. I have a 2009 Nissan rogue which has had numerous problems in the last few years. The transmission was replaced with a rebuilt transmission 30,000 miles ago under warranty. Last November I noticed I was starting to have transmission problems again. I researched the problem on the internet and read that millions of people were having the same problems. I called Nissan Affairs and they stated they may be able to help me out if I brought my car to Nissan and paid them $110.00 to diagnose the bad transmission they put in my car 30,000 miles ago. I brought the car to Nissan as requested and they diagnosed the bad transmission, confirmed the transmission should not be going bad already, and stated if they installed an $1,800 cooler the problem might be fixed. They requested that Nissan Affairs pay for the Nissan Cooler since it was not installed with my new transmission under warranty. A week and a half later Nissan Affairs called to tell me there was absolutely nothing they could do for me!! Nissan states on their website that they have extended the warranty on their vehicles because of the bad transmission problems, and that you should not have any transmission problems after 129,000 miles. They also state if you do have problems they will work with you, and are lowering the prices to fix the problems. Well I am having problems and they are not working with me, and have told me there is nothing they can do for me!! Nissan promises to help wiht their tranmission problems at the link below!! Dont believe it!! http://www.nissanassist.com/ProgramDetails.php?menu=2"

This is one of the best vehicles I have purchased!

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "good space, comfortable vehicle"

Cons: "key faub battery life is short"

"I originally leased my 2011 Rogue and am currently buying it. The only reason I leased it at first was because I wasn't sure if I would like it. But I found that I love my Rogue and it's a much better value than the Murano. I highly recommend this vehicle because you have enough power and speed, yet it is very comfortable for long trips. Gas mileage for this SUV is great and there is plenty of room throughout the vehicle."

46K miles and not a single problem - great AWD

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "AWD, style, price"

Cons: "Seat comfort on longer drives"

"Nothing fancy in the base AWD model but has proven to be a great value for under $20K."

Good appearance, sporty. A lot of road noise.

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"Seals on doors aren't very good. Let a lot of road noise in while driving. Can always hear the wind outside the car and the tires are loud. Don't care for the center console between the front bucket seats. Would prefer to be able to open the front windows when the window locks are engaged. Large blind spot between the small windows toward the back of the car and the passenger windows in the rear. Front bumper paint has always been discolored."

drives in any weather!!!

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "back up camera in mirror."

Cons: "n/a"

"When the snow was sandy over the weeks, my Honda couldn't drive in the snow. Constantly getting hung up. But my rouge with the push button AWD took me through any condition. Love that...."

We want to take advantage of a promotion

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "Nissan innovations"

Cons: "The seats are harsh in a long trip"

"My wife and I are a Nissan customers since we change from Honda's to Nissan, I just sold my 2005 Altima with 60000 and we are looking to upgrade her car depending on what can of a deal can we get"

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "??"

"Great on driving, low maintenance and gas. Always turns heads. v"

big disappointment in CVT trans

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "I loved all of my nissan vehicles..kept going back"

Cons: "I loved this vehicle until the event of CVT trans."

"I have been a Nissan customer for many years...1985, 1997, 2008....I don't plan to buy another Nissan unless the problem with the CVT transmission is fixed. I had to have transmission replaced at 38,500 miles, and again at 115,232 miles...at which time I was told 'you won't get another transmission'! I was not happy to hear this since the problem is with the CVT trans. and not any fault with my driving. I have driven for over 40 years and NEVER had to have anything done to a transmission except occasional fluid."

"Please" do your homework

By on Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pros: "Very stylish exterior, comfortable interior"

Cons: "Poor paint quality, noisy drive train, gas mileage"

"We purchased our Rogue new, and loved the car at first. The first issue we found is the GPS is worthless. We constantly get lost and the worst part is sometimes it does not correct and you are real lost. Secondly, the paint is very inferior. My wifes 2008 work car, and my 2006 Jeep has less paint chips than this Rogue with 6,300 miles. Next, after the first "dealer" oil change, the motor gradually got real loud. I checked the oil and it was full. I took it back to tell them. They said the noise was normal for a CVT powered car. I asked what oil they used and they told me bulk oil. I changed it with my usual oil Pennzoil platinum and used a new Nissan filter. Made no difference ? We were religiously getting 25.4mpg. Since the noise issue, we're down to 19.7 or lower. My wife had 2 occurrences, one when she tried to go from a off ramp onto a interstate highway she pushed on the gas, the engine revved, but the car wasn't moving. She drifted off the road, called the dealer for road side assistance. They told her to shut the car off for a couple minutes, restart it and if it still wouldn't move call back. She did so, started the car and it went. She drove straight to the dealer. They checked for codes, found none,and said they couldn't duplicate the problem. The second occurrence happened in a parking garage. She stopped on a up ramp waiting her turn to get her ticket. She took her foot off the brake and pushed on the gas. The car started drifting backward. She had to shut the car off, waited a minute, started it and it went. All the while people behind her blowing horns. I have never had this happen to me, but she drives it more.This car has gotten SO loud engine wise it drowns out the radio. Any load on the engine causes it. Set the cruise on a level road and it's smooth. Pass a car or go up a grade and you'll need ear plugs. We like how the car looks, and how comfortable the interior is, but we will never own another Nissan. I might add, we got a loaner Rogue from the dealer when ours was in for service and it did not sound like ours. I mentioned that to the service manager on returning it. He said that's because it is new under 1,000 miles. It will sound like yours in a couple more thousand miles ?"

Love this car!!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, good gas mileage, color"

Cons: "no bluetooth"

"I have owned this vehicle for about two years and I am very happy with all aspects. Gas milage is as stated and can get up to 32 mpg if i keep it between 65 and 70 on the freeway. I get alot of compliments on the Cayenne Red color which is what brought my attention to the car in the first place. Only thing it is lacking is bluetooth which was added the next year(2013). But I have adjusted or use a headset. Ride is very comfortable and nimble in turns. Very happy overall"

Must Buy

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great drive, fantastic AWD. Great Control in Snow."

"You have not driven until you have driven this SUV for this segment. No worry SUV."

Versitile and dependable

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Very safe, good size, backup camera, good looking"

Cons: "Wimpy horn, small rear window, compact cabin"

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

"I previously drove an Altima, which is very roomy, as it is a family sedan, so when I initially test drove the Rogue, I was surprised by the compact feel of the cabin. I have had my 2012 Rogue SV for 7 months now and overall I love it, especially for the versatility and safety features. It's also a good looking car. Mine is red with the chrome details (SV with premium package), and I get compliments on it all the time, even from men. I plan to get Chrome rims too. My only complaint with the compact cabin is the awkward reach for the window controls on the door. I have gotten used to it and it doesn't bother me now, but if you have long arms (I don't) I could see how this might be annoying as it feels like I'm reaching back as opposed to my Altima. BUT I have to admit I also have short legs so my seat is further frontwards than yours might be. The only other two things I would change are the horn (its wimpy "Meep-Meep" sounding), and the rear window is small and high. If it was not for the backup camera with the large in-dash screen, it would be very difficult to parallel park this car. I think you need to have a backup camera given the small rear view. Now on to all the pros! I LOVE the truck sized side mirrors! Less blind spot and good clear view of traffic on both sides. Love the overall size, as I do a lot of Home projects and Home Depot shopping so I needed an SUV, but didn’t want a large gas guzzler. This car is big enough for hauling large materials, and possibly a new dog in the future, plus it's great on gas. I typically get 330 miles to a full tank (15 gal). The convenience features are great too, such as the dash display options (fuel range, fuel economy, etc...I think there are 5 options for your preferance). The backup camera is a huge convenience but I think it should go under safety as well. I love the steering wheel control and large entertainment/video camera screen...lots of compliments on the enertainment/video screen too. Bluetooth, is a must have these days, and it was something I had to have in my new car...absolutely love this feature! XM radio is a great option, but I don't like the subscription cost, so once my free subscription ended I went back to regular radio. BTW the radio signal is way better in this car than my Altima. Must be a better antenna. iPod & Aux connection are great too...as far as entertainment goes there are lots of options: MP3/CD, Radio, XM radio, Aux input for any device or Phone so you can play music from your device or Pandora etc., and a separate iPod/iPhone input which also displays your music on the large dash screen. I also love the Smart Key...No key needed for the ignition but it's not the push button ignition. You just need to have the key in the car with you, turn the ignition, and bam! Also don't need to get your keys out of your purse/pocket to unlock the car, just push the button on the door handle and it unlocks/locks the doors...same for the trunk. The keys cannot be locked in the car either, as it will alert you and won’t lock up. And if you get out of the car and the key-fob is with you but the ignition/battery is on, the car will beep at you to let you know the car is not off. The automatic driver seat...Goes up/down, forward/back, seat tilt, back tilt, and lumbar adjust...Like I said I'm short so good seat adjustment options are important!! Also the seats are comfortable. Ok now for the safety...The breaks on this car are smart...I have never felt safer in another car. They calculate the speed and the amount you are breaking and adjust according to the condition. I drive in HWY 4 traffic in the East Bay (CA), which is notorious for being one of the worst commutes in the country...and I have come very close to rear ending someone a few time since getting the Rogue...to my surprise the breaks have stopped me when I did not think I would be able to stop in time. The Engine & Traction Controls are also smart. I found that the engine will slow me down when I go down the sharp curvy hill on my neighborhood. I therefore have to break less, and I can feel the wheel gain more control. It’s like the car knows I am going a little too fast down the hill and at curves. You can shut these controls off but I keep them on. There is also a "Sport" button which will shut the smart engine controls off, but not the traction control...it allows the car more RPMs I think, and gives you a little more pep. The smart controls don’t inhibit my lead foot though; I like to drive fast and take corners a little fast, and I tend to break a little late on the street. The car still allows me to drive how I like, I think the smart controls just make the drive safer no matter how you drive. The CVT transmission is great especially if you drive in a lot of traffic like I do...there is no shift shock at all! I have heard some complain that it makes the car shake under certain conditions, and I have only felt this once or twice in my car...it was hardly noticeable and it only happens when I gas, break, gas, break too quickly before the transmission has completed its gear change...or right when it starts to change. I think it really depends on how you drive, as it is not a problem for me at all. I also want to note that just two weeks after getting the car, I was rear ended on HWY 4. I was not at a complete stop but was breaking as traffic ahead of me came to a sudden stop. The car behind me was going at least 30mph. She hit her breaks hard and screeched right into me. I saw it coming in the rear view and turned my wheel to the shoulder to avoid hitting the car in front of me. The car hit me pretty hard, and ended up hitting me twice because I took my foot off the break for a second, then broke again because I would have hit the center divider. I got whiplash from it, but my car was fine. Her grill was smashed and her hood bent upwards. My car had almost no damage to the naked eye. She basically hit my bumper and then slid under, and my bumper absorbed the impact. The body shop completely replaced my bumper which extends to the rear fender (big bumper), and found no damage to the frame of the car at all. As hard as she hit me I could not believe how little damage my car suffered. Her insurance paid my body repair bill, but it was only $900…which I also found surprising given the entire bumper was replaced. I hope my review and insight on the Rogue helps someone make their decision, as I read a lot of reviews of different cars before deciding on the Rogue, and I am more than happy with it."

Foxy Red & Sparkling Chrome!

I have never had to have this car serviced.

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, no blind spots, I am only 4'11""

"I have never had any problems with this auto. I recently had to change the wipers on it and tires but no more than the required maintenance. I have moved from 2 homes and used this car with the seats down to move household goods, holds a lot of stuff. I also get good gas mileage, especially on the highway."

A very nice crossover SUV

By on Friday, January 10, 2014

Pros: "Gas economy, stylish, functional, AWD."

Cons: "Few storage areas, elegance is not an option."

"Before buying this SUV, I owned a Volkswagen Passat 3.6 litter engine, front wheel drive. I must say that it was a fast car, that performed well. But, high gas cost, required super, or anything over 91 octane,high parts cost, and general electrical system issues made me dump it. Putting $50 of gas in it, lasted between 7-9 days. Enter the Nissan Rogue. With $50 of gas the first time I filled it, lasted 16 days. It may last less next time around but twice as long as the VW? That's real savings. It is a 2.5 litter 170 HP engine. But my first point is that it's great on gas. Here is the rest of it. It is stylish, it rides beautifully, it's AWD, VW bad on snow, it's comfortable, the VW gave me a back ache, not everybody will get a backache in a VW, but I did. The VW was loaded, it had every available option, and had a $37,000 sticker price. I bought it used, and I had paid a 1/3 of that sticker, but I must say it was very nice inside. My Rogue is not as ....elegant, that's the right word here, but is not bad. First I love the red, just a touch of red, accented leather seating. It looks kind of cool. I love the GPS/radio system. It's touch screen, it's functional, and it works well. It pairs beautifully with my cell phone, and the calls come through nice and clear. It has a huge glove compartment, you can easily fit a....Hobbit in it, and a huge storage area at the center console, but there is no other storage compartments. That's one of the things I am not happy about. But I will survive. It has a feature by which you can adjust the height of the headlights. In case you have heavy cargo, and you are blinding the people in front of you. It has an on board computer for, miles traveled, gas consumption, temperature, and such, separate from the navigation/radio system. It has available XM radio, you got to pay the subscription though. There is a USB connection for your portable music player. It has ample room in the back, and enough cargo space. It's not a big SUV, so the space in the bag is relative to the size. It comes with a cargo cover. Power drivers seat, and both driver and passenger seat warmers are in it. It comes with a spoiler, and a roof rack. It looks pretty sharp. There is also a back up camera. Just in case Mine comes with 18" wheels, it must be part of the package. Don't forget the mud guards, front and back. Also it does come with a rear window wiper. Nice feature for the snowy Massachusetts weather. Did I mention the power moon roof? There is one. I feel safe in it, I feel good in it, I feel warm and cozy in it. I sound like a girl, but I kind of love this car, and it does not happen to me often. In other words I am impressed. It has almost 32,000 miles in it, and it drives like a brand new car. That is beyond me. It has this solid feel about it. Things might break in the future but for now, it's awesome. I wholeheartedly recommend this car. I think I will definitely look at a Nissan Rogue again in the future. Nissan has won my loyalty in three short weeks. It must be because of the gas savings. P.S. We had a snow storm a few days ago. With my VW i tried to always go on less hilly roads, but not always possible. I got stuck several times in that VW, moving an inch a minute. frustrating i must say. This time around i took the steepest roads, stops dead center on the hill, in the middle of the storm, and drove off like there was no snow on the ground. I love the AWD in my Nissan Rogue. Let it snow I say, as I don't mind it any longer"

Great SUV. Great value

By on Monday, December 16, 2013

Pros: "Drives well, handles like a car."

Cons: "Not enough cubbies for front passenger storage."

"The people in my family are tall. 6' to 6'4". This SUV is a little tight quarters when we all ride together. Great mpg. I average the sticker amount, have gotten up to 33 hwy. Some road noise but not terribly loud."