2012 Nissan Quest

Based on 44 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Feels Like an Infiniti / Luxury Car

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Quiet, Plush, Smooth Transmission"

Cons: "Need USB ports!, Would prefer dials for the AC"

"We needed to replace our 10+ year old Mazda MPV. Reliability was #1 (wife is driving 90% of the time - with the kids), followed by comfort and price. My short list was the Sienna, Quest, Sedona and GV. Once I started researching about reliability, the Quest leapt from #3 to #1. I was leaning towards the Sedona and GV all throughout the last 6 months --- but the reliability factor kept me on the fence. The comfort (sooo quiet, plush seating) was another factor. Having driven a Mazda MPV, I was yearning for some peace and quiet without sacrificing the driving dynamics. This was where the Quest once again trumped the Sedona and GV. Somehow, driving the GV and Sedona just didn't feel solid (long term). The materials (fit and finish) didn't seem it would hold up in 10 years. Plus, the GV was very quiet but the materials made me doubt it would remain rattle free in 2-3 years. Lastly - was the price. This is where the Quest broke the tie with the Sienna. I got a very good price on the Quest that the Sienna simply could not go near to. Initially, an 8-seater was critical - but since 99% of the time, we only have 6 passengers, this made the Sienna and its price less appealing. As far as mileage, I am averaging 21 combined after 400 miles on the odometer. It is creeping up. As far as the CVT and driving dynamics - buttery smoooth! It does not have all the bells and whistles as the GV and Sedona --- (but certainly more than the Sienna) but has far better quality and reliability than the Sienna - at a very competitive price."

It's not bad, but I'm not crazy about it

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "space, large passenger areas, good stereo system"

Cons: "road noise, lack of storage"

"It's not bad gas mileage or space for cost- plenty of easily accessible rooom- lots of conveniences inside- bluetooth, steering wheel controls for stereo and bluetooth, lots of airbags for safety- all and all not too shabby. However, the road noise in this van is pretty bad- and if you sit in the back seat during travel you can't hear conversation or the radio unless it's exceptionally loud. Also, when I compared to my friends vans we don't have as much storage space (like in the floor) as some other similar type vehicles. For me,it has been a great van, but ultimately I'm shopping for something a bit more like a crossover type vehicle and something that addresses the noise issue."

Great value and nice drive.

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"Drives great and excellent in the snow. Comfy seats. Storage is limited. Wish it had more room behind the third row."

Eleven out of Ten

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Quality built, luxury interior, smooth powertrain"

Cons: "Lack of sun-shades in SL moder with DVD"

"If I could, I would give this van 11 out of 10. Why? You would too if you paid for a regular van and got an upscale model instead. Nissan made a mistake by not selling this van under their Infinity brand. This is the only luxury, high end van available on the market today. I find it very interesting that experts rank it the lowest(7.8) among the comparable competition, while the real, every day users rate the Quest highest at 9.2. Usually very happy or very unhappy users bother to write their opinions, that tells a lot. This is my 4th van. I buy them new and use for 5 years as a company executive vehicle. My first van was a domestic product, than I had Japanise - made in Canada/US vans. Disappointed with the diminishing quality of vans in the recent years, I was searching for a new product. Than in 2011 Nissan offered a totally redesigned, made in Japan Quest. I love the plush ride, very smooth reliable CVT transmission, best 260 HP engine on the market, and a very luxurios and comfortable interior. I love the ingenious "fold-down-flat" back seats for a spontaneous IKEA or garage-sale shopping, without a need to go home to remove the seats and return 200 km to load the furniture (happened to me). Under the floor storage is also huge. Observed gas mileage is pretty good 10L/100km (24MPG) highway and 11.8L/100km (20MPG)city for such a big van. So far, after 50,000 km (30,000 miles) I am extermally happy with this van."

LOVE THIS VAN!!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Amazing power, unique body style"

Cons: "Needs more USB ports, Tailgate is heavy"

"We purchased our Quest on march 31, after extensive research. We felt the Odyssey was overpriced, and everybody and their cousin drove the Sienna. After my 1st test drive, I was in love. I was drawn to the unique body style- and the comfort of the interior. Having purchased a 2012 Sentra the previous year, we were familiar with the CVT transmission. My only "complaints" are A) the driver side door will shut by itself if I don't have it completely opened B)several more USB ports would be great C) the tailgate is a bit heavy- and I don't have power feature on it D)the seats can be a bit uncomfortable after 4 hours of driving. I have not once regretted our purchase -we've owned our new Quest for 3 months. I am getting 19_ mpg in the city, and 21-24 highway (driving through steep mountains in CA and AZ). As long as I don't take off too quickly from a complete stop, I am able to consistently get 19 mpg(have 3,050 miles right now). Through 6% mountain grades, the van doesnt even hestitate in the slightest amount. The power is amazing!! I would- and HAVE- recommend this van to a family that wants an amazing ride and a unique looking vehicle."