2012 Nissan Quest

Based on 42 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Excellent Car

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "The Best Van I've Ever. Had"

"Really great Car.. No words explain it... Just buy and drive, and let me know if I'm wrong."

good ride,and mpg, poor interior & exterio

By on Monday, March 24, 2014

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "poor build quality"

"I like the ride and transmission of my 2012 quest but when it is cold the rear sliding doors rattle almost constantly. Nissan seems unconcerned with this issue and the dealership has replaced numerous parts. In the summer all is well but in MN there is too much winter to be acceptable. Various other trim parts inside the car rattle as well as issues with the construction of the seats leave me disappointed with the vehicle as well as Nissan. If you live in colder climates I would avoid this vehicle at all costs!"

Luxury minivan something like a Infiniti or Lexus

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Ride, luxurious, features, controls"

Cons: "gas mileage, minor wind noise,"

"We are a Nissan family I have been buying this product since 1994 now had nothing but great reliable vehicles from Nissan. I still own a Altima, Versa, Juke and now Quest purchased in Oct 2013 its the best in options and comfortable interior than ever. Ride is smooth, V6 engine makes the van an pleasant to drive love the styling of it. The controls are perfect along nice displays and navigation is at best on voice commands which is overall great on Quest SV might be top of the line looking but its a really great minivan for its money. I am happy with our 8th Nissan as is will maintenance them and planning drive until 200K miles before traded but think will keep the last ones we purchased few years ago and recently this one purchase couple months because its a great minivan ever."

Ride and mechanics good but noise unacceptable.

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Unresponsive dealer reps as noise problems."

Cons: "Wind noise unacceptable."

"Interior space not used to full potential. Front center console is too small and interior space is not accessible from the top. In Mn with the snow the doors carry an unacceptable amount stuck to the bottom because the doors extends to the bottom of the carriage. When it freezes you have a problem. We have what I call an owl in the rear. I have had it in to the dealer they have replaced the front passenger door rubber, changed elephant ears outside mirrors and still the noise is there. It's and unacceptable amount of noise. I have had no luck trying to find/locate a factory rep. I have had a Voyager, Caravan, Sienna, and this Quest. The ride is very good but the problems make the ride unacceptable."

Good ride, Value

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Ride"

Cons: "Lack of controls on steering wheel on S model"

"Bought new much less expensive than Honda or Toyota for same base model line. Very comfortable ride, good power from V6 and smooth transmission. 32,000 miles no problems. S model could use steering wheel controls if you are tall like me it's a reach for the media and ac controls. Plenty of storage with third seat down and under rear deck."

great family car vs suvs

By on Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride.comfy seats,build quality,unique"

"more room and better mileage than most 7 seater suvs"

Transmission fails under stress

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable for passengers, great mileage"

Cons: "Loved it until the transmission slipped"

"Transmission completely shut down (disengaged) pulling a 2000 lb boat and trailer up a slippery ramp. Dealer could find nothing wrong - no codes. Buying a AWD Explorer!"

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

"Been researching for over 6 months now ... settled on Sienna, Sedona or GC - butI had multiple concerns: 1. Price - Sienna 2. Reliability - Sedona and GC Almost pulled the trigger. On a whim, visited a Nissan dealership. I was initially turned off by the comments about high price, 'limited space' and lack of 8 seats. 99% of the time - we only have 6 passengers ... so ultimately, this became a contender. The year end clearance was the clincher. I get a competitive price and RELIABILITY. 1. Smoooooth CVT transmission 2. Great combined mileage (22 currently but still improving) 3. Permanent roomy storage - since 3rd row folds forward. 4. Competitive total 3rd row storage - 36 cu. Feet 5. Great driving dynamics 6. Quiet - inside and out (used to my noisy MPV) 7. Comfortable 8. Nice trip computer in the base model Wish List: 1. More USB ports 2. More cubbie holes (like the 2 level glove box in the Sienna and GC) 3. Base model has no tint 4. Backup sensors should be standard"

Feels Like an Infiniti / Luxury Car

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Quiet, Plush, Smooth Transmission"

Cons: "Need USB ports!, Would prefer dials for the AC"

"We needed to replace our 10+ year old Mazda MPV. Reliability was #1 (wife is driving 90% of the time - with the kids), followed by comfort and price. My short list was the Sienna, Quest, Sedona and GV. Once I started researching about reliability, the Quest leapt from #3 to #1. I was leaning towards the Sedona and GV all throughout the last 6 months --- but the reliability factor kept me on the fence. The comfort (sooo quiet, plush seating) was another factor. Having driven a Mazda MPV, I was yearning for some peace and quiet without sacrificing the driving dynamics. This was where the Quest once again trumped the Sedona and GV. Somehow, driving the GV and Sedona just didn't feel solid (long term). The materials (fit and finish) didn't seem it would hold up in 10 years. Plus, the GV was very quiet but the materials made me doubt it would remain rattle free in 2-3 years. Lastly - was the price. This is where the Quest broke the tie with the Sienna. I got a very good price on the Quest that the Sienna simply could not go near to. Initially, an 8-seater was critical - but since 99% of the time, we only have 6 passengers, this made the Sienna and its price less appealing. As far as mileage, I am averaging 21 combined after 400 miles on the odometer. It is creeping up. As far as the CVT and driving dynamics - buttery smoooth! It does not have all the bells and whistles as the GV and Sedona --- (but certainly more than the Sienna) but has far better quality and reliability than the Sienna - at a very competitive price."

It's not bad, but I'm not crazy about it

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "space, large passenger areas, good stereo system"

Cons: "road noise, lack of storage"

"It's not bad gas mileage or space for cost- plenty of easily accessible rooom- lots of conveniences inside- bluetooth, steering wheel controls for stereo and bluetooth, lots of airbags for safety- all and all not too shabby. However, the road noise in this van is pretty bad- and if you sit in the back seat during travel you can't hear conversation or the radio unless it's exceptionally loud. Also, when I compared to my friends vans we don't have as much storage space (like in the floor) as some other similar type vehicles. For me,it has been a great van, but ultimately I'm shopping for something a bit more like a crossover type vehicle and something that addresses the noise issue."

Great value and nice drive.

By on Thursday, September 05, 2013

"Drives great and excellent in the snow. Comfy seats. Storage is limited. Wish it had more room behind the third row."

Eleven out of Ten

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Quality built, luxury interior, smooth powertrain"

Cons: "Lack of sun-shades in SL moder with DVD"

"If I could, I would give this van 11 out of 10. Why? You would too if you paid for a regular van and got an upscale model instead. Nissan made a mistake by not selling this van under their Infinity brand. This is the only luxury, high end van available on the market today. I find it very interesting that experts rank it the lowest(7.8) among the comparable competition, while the real, every day users rate the Quest highest at 9.2. Usually very happy or very unhappy users bother to write their opinions, that tells a lot. This is my 4th van. I buy them new and use for 5 years as a company executive vehicle. My first van was a domestic product, than I had Japanise - made in Canada/US vans. Disappointed with the diminishing quality of vans in the recent years, I was searching for a new product. Than in 2011 Nissan offered a totally redesigned, made in Japan Quest. I love the plush ride, very smooth reliable CVT transmission, best 260 HP engine on the market, and a very luxurios and comfortable interior. I love the ingenious "fold-down-flat" back seats for a spontaneous IKEA or garage-sale shopping, without a need to go home to remove the seats and return 200 km to load the furniture (happened to me). Under the floor storage is also huge. Observed gas mileage is pretty good 10L/100km (24MPG) highway and 11.8L/100km (20MPG)city for such a big van. So far, after 50,000 km (30,000 miles) I am extermally happy with this van."

LOVE THIS VAN!!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Amazing power, unique body style"

Cons: "Needs more USB ports, Tailgate is heavy"

"We purchased our Quest on march 31, after extensive research. We felt the Odyssey was overpriced, and everybody and their cousin drove the Sienna. After my 1st test drive, I was in love. I was drawn to the unique body style- and the comfort of the interior. Having purchased a 2012 Sentra the previous year, we were familiar with the CVT transmission. My only "complaints" are A) the driver side door will shut by itself if I don't have it completely opened B)several more USB ports would be great C) the tailgate is a bit heavy- and I don't have power feature on it D)the seats can be a bit uncomfortable after 4 hours of driving. I have not once regretted our purchase -we've owned our new Quest for 3 months. I am getting 19_ mpg in the city, and 21-24 highway (driving through steep mountains in CA and AZ). As long as I don't take off too quickly from a complete stop, I am able to consistently get 19 mpg(have 3,050 miles right now). Through 6% mountain grades, the van doesnt even hestitate in the slightest amount. The power is amazing!! I would- and HAVE- recommend this van to a family that wants an amazing ride and a unique looking vehicle."

This car is a dream to drive.

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive; good price."

Cons: "Needs auto tail gate opener/closer."

"I bought this car new in Jan 2012. This car seats 7 ADULTS comfortably. Lots of leg room in middle row of seats. Lots of head room in all rows of seating. Middle row of seats also recline. Mileage is 22 mph city and 24 hwy. Would like to have an electric lift tail gate but that is the only thing I've found that I would like to change. Very quiet and smooth driving. The back up camera is a need in this vehicle because it is hard to see around the back side of the car. Middle and back seats fold flat so you have a flat surface to put things on. I never wanted a van but I would buy another one of these vans in a heartbeat! I love this car!"

LEMON

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Mechanical Reliability"

"My wife and I've owned this van for 16 months. We've had nothing but issues with it! 1. It stalled it traffic for no reason twice 2. Idles rough 3. It jerks when coasting to a stop then giving it gas when the light changes. 4.Shifts hard 5. Idles up and down hard when sitting still. We'll never buy another Nissan. We've heard of other people with similar issues."

From a Sedan to a Minivan

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "Keyless entry, Interiors (Wow!!!) and Lots more!!"

Cons: "Entry to 3rd row"

"I am a guy with 2 kids and I never Imagined I would drive a minivan. I was driving a toyota camry for the last 7 years and really loved it. Since the car started giving some trouble we thought of upgrading to a either a big size SUV or a Mini-Van. I test drove couple of SUV's and even though I really liked the sporty drive I hate the 3rd row seating arrangement in most of them. Of the Minivans I test drove I liked Odyssey and Sienna but the 2012 Quest beat them hands down. There is no comparision to the interiors of the Quest with Sienna or Odyssey. I observed Nissan borrows a lot of their interior design from the up-market cousin Infinity and Quest is no exception to that. The interiors look very stylish and gives an expensive feeling and the exteriors looks awesome (Like couple of other reviewers said, the handles are chrome plated with one touch operation) keyless entry is very good and I really liked that fact that you cannot lock the key inside the vehicle. Drive is very smooth and is pretty sporty. I also got a very good price on the Quest, which made my decision very easy. The only drawback I felt was the second row seats would not fold of their base and would only move forward, also the rear doors do not go all the way back, this makes it little difficult to enter the 3rd row."

Love thus van! It doesn't even compare to others!

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Size, luxury feel, attention to details, cost"

Cons: "Big! Visibility in back windows"

"I bought this vehicle a few weeks ago and I have been extremely impressed! We test drove the oddessey and being "bigger" people, I found that the oddessey's front passenger seat was very uncomfortable. We were looking fooff top of the line van because we were trying to watch cost. from test driving the Sienna and oddessey, we were discouraged. I had never really considered the quest, but thoughtid at least go check it out since I was so discouraged with the other two. Oh my gosh! Intrudes likes luxury car and looks classy! It's comfortable and has tons of room. Who cares that it doesn't have the hide away seats? The seats still fold totally flat and that's all that matters! I love this van and I'm a proud owner! Highly reccomend!"

very good

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Overall great van, VERY luxurius."

Cons: "None really."

"had it now for over a year and 41k miles and still love it. We did 2 long road trips this summer (MN to FL and MN to WA) and really enjoyed the van. Lots of storage space, don't have to remove any seats to get a flat floor for loading and the turn radius is super tight. Gas mileage hovers around 22mpg overall. Had some rattle from the DVD screen that took the dealer 2 attempts to fix. The CV Transmission is excellent."

Great van.You must drive this vehicle!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "CVT transmission, quiet, classy interior"

Cons: "None. Great vehicle."

"Decided to replace a 10 year old van and looked at quite a few. Hadn't seriously considered Nissan, but once you compare it to the other top choices (Honda & Toyota)this van stands out. Very comfortable ride, very quiet and peppy. Love the CVT transmission. Great interior. Storage and flexibilty of interior works for me. Has a deep "hidden" well behind rear seat that is real plus. Very good city mileage (19 MPG) for a vehicle like this. No issues at all - trouble free so far. Not even a rattle or squeak! And unlike the other "foreign" choices, Nissan has some good deals. Check it out. The styling is "different" but you will learn to love it."

Best birthday present ever!

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Sweet ride! Interior/exterior is beautiful! Fun!"

Cons: "Not having purchased it sooner!"

"After researching,test driving"

Extremely Satisfied

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Interior, exterior, storage, smooth drive"

Cons: "No carrying bars on top of car"

"We had a 2010 Mazda5, which was perfect for a family of 4; however, once we had our third and final baby it became a little too crowded in there. We literally shopped at all the minivans and settled with the Quest. My wife and I only wanted a basic model minivan just to last until our oldest heads out to college in 5 years. The Quest's, by far, had the best value of any of the basic model minivans. The interior was to die for as none of the others had a faux wood trim inside along with leather sidewalls inside. It also has chrome door handles and chrome exterior trimming. That's something you find on most fully loaded packages. The drive is superb! For a 6 cylinder engine, it is very quiet and rides very smooth. The one thing I miss on the minivans that does not come stock anymore, are the carrying bars on top of the car."

First Mini Van.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Dark Interior"

"Was looking for another SUV with 3rd row seats. Saw this and was immediately attracted to its styling. Love the interior. Power is awesome - this was the main selling point."

Love my Quest

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Push to Start; keyless entry; dual moonroofs"

Cons: "Price is a little high but worth all the extras"

"We had a 2004 Quest and really enjoyed its unique look and found it to be very functional for our family of five. When it came time to replace it we did look around at all other minivan options. The Chrysler Town"

One of the Best Minivans Available this Year

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "excellent interior, stylish exterior, CVT system"

Cons: "pricey, no navigation system, lack of storage"

"I'm a Dad with 3 kids. For 8 years, I had to drive a 2005 Kia Sedona. There is no better vehicle for an active family than a minivan but as a guy, I really hated the fact that I was forced to drive one. For years, I had it in my mind that the next automobile I would drive would be an SUV. In January 2012, my Kia Sedona required more repairs than what it was worth. It was time to move on. I spent ample time shopping around for an SUV with third row seating; I couldn't find anything that would work for the way my family runs around town on a daily basis. So, it was back to shopping for minivans. I was not pleased. I took a serious look at the Volkswagen Routan, Honda Odyssey, and Toyota Sienna. For me, these all looked like "traditional" minivans. I was also not impressed with the interiors of the Routan"

one of the best vans I have driven

By on Friday, April 06, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive; wonderul acceleration; no choking"

Cons: "Wish had an 8th seat, but i think I can manage"

"Great car like, crossover like, mini-van. I don't think we should call it a mini-van, as it is disgrace to the excellence it has during driving in any condition. Being suburban addict for more than 11 years, my wife decided to try QUEST, and there are no regrets. Until you sit inside and drive, you can't imagine how big the interior available room is. It feels like first class cabins of Singapore Airlines. Every person feels he/she is special. The aboslutely wonderful Nissan Engine power as usual will never disappoint or hesitate when you need power. It doesn't think like others; you demand and you got it; It is a NISSAN not Hon.... I thought we made a bad decision on room for cargo, but one trip to COSTCO, I realized I was wrong; the depth of trunk takes care of the width I lost. I can't imagine myself comparing it to a Suburban, yet giving me a feel of Maxima engine under my pedals. You will love it."