2012 Nissan Quest

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

From a Sedan to a Minivan

By on Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Pros: "Keyless entry, Interiors (Wow!!!) and Lots more!!"

Cons: "Entry to 3rd row"

"I am a guy with 2 kids and I never Imagined I would drive a minivan. I was driving a toyota camry for the last 7 years and really loved it. Since the car started giving some trouble we thought of upgrading to a either a big size SUV or a Mini-Van. I test drove couple of SUV's and even though I really liked the sporty drive I hate the 3rd row seating arrangement in most of them. Of the Minivans I test drove I liked Odyssey and Sienna but the 2012 Quest beat them hands down. There is no comparision to the interiors of the Quest with Sienna or Odyssey. I observed Nissan borrows a lot of their interior design from the up-market cousin Infinity and Quest is no exception to that. The interiors look very stylish and gives an expensive feeling and the exteriors looks awesome (Like couple of other reviewers said, the handles are chrome plated with one touch operation) keyless entry is very good and I really liked that fact that you cannot lock the key inside the vehicle. Drive is very smooth and is pretty sporty. I also got a very good price on the Quest, which made my decision very easy. The only drawback I felt was the second row seats would not fold of their base and would only move forward, also the rear doors do not go all the way back, this makes it little difficult to enter the 3rd row."

Absoutley LOVE this van!

By on Monday, September 05, 2011

Pros: "Great Ride!"

Cons: "NONE"

"Love the interior,exterior and the way it DRIVES. Have to be careful not to speed since it rides so smooth. Very comfortable seats in each row, easy to get in and out of. Ample storage too, and lots of room."

Great van.You must drive this vehicle!

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "CVT transmission, quiet, classy interior"

Cons: "None. Great vehicle."

"Decided to replace a 10 year old van and looked at quite a few. Hadn't seriously considered Nissan, but once you compare it to the other top choices (Honda & Toyota)this van stands out. Very comfortable ride, very quiet and peppy. Love the CVT transmission. Great interior. Storage and flexibilty of interior works for me. Has a deep "hidden" well behind rear seat that is real plus. Very good city mileage (19 MPG) for a vehicle like this. No issues at all - trouble free so far. Not even a rattle or squeak! And unlike the other "foreign" choices, Nissan has some good deals. Check it out. The styling is "different" but you will learn to love it."

Truly love this van!

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "LE"

"Our family travels a lot and before purchasing this vehicle we use to rent vans every few months. From driving every single kind of van you can think of out there to driving a friends' Nissan Quest, I truly loved the Quest. Our family owns two "name brand" cars and being in the market for a new large vehicle, this by far was our BEST vehicle purchase. Also, friendly dealership installed extra TV's in the headrests so people riding in the second/third row seats can watch different movies, play music, play video games etc. One of my children just likes going on their laptop thanks to the WI-FI connection. Also, it's great to know you can transfer all of the sound to the back of the vehicle when you need quiet time (vice versa). My children also love the natural light and air from the dual moon roof. An entertaining interior! Yes, even though other competitors out there have way more horsepower we are a family that is usually not in that much of a hurry to drive like a Ferrari in a van? Horsepower is just fine for the Nissan Quest. Easy to use Navigation system. Impressive overall!"

Fantastic vehicle, best minivan on the market

By on Thursday, September 08, 2011

"Love the interior, visibility and CVT transmission. High quality workmanship is very evident. Best minivan of the current 2011 vehicles including Honda and Toyota. Wife and family say its the best vehicle we have ever bought,"

It's a pleasent surprise for the firs 30,000 miles

By on Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pros: "excellent (exceeding my honda accord) fit/finish"

Cons: "springs too soft; not as quiet as reviewed"

"Nothing went wrong so far. I guessed it right when I assumed this "Japanese made/assembled" car to drive reliably for few good miles. It hasn't given me any trouble (i had to change oil/filter only) so far.. and looks like everything is still smooth. Fit and finish is much better than that of Accord that I have. Which, btw, is just about best American car I've owned. Quest is not as quiet as Lexus (despite some reviewers) and it does NOT handle like Honda accord. It's too softly sprung. And There is quite a bit of wind noise. But for what it does (carry 7 people and bunch of stuff), it does fairly comfortably. Attention seems to have been given during the assembly and it shows. I'm glad that I did not get U.S. assembled Ody or Sienna. I had Ody and it's a good van. But not all screws are tightened right and not all seems are exactly closed."

If you don't have one, GET ONE

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, 16 cup holders, push start button"

Cons: "depending on model pricey but all mini vans are like that"

"love this van, and coming from someone who kept saying never wants a mini van, hates mommy cars, I love the new 2011 Quest, i recently had the 09 maxima but with two kids under 3 and a big dog, we couldn't do anything, looked at suvs from the cx-9 to the tahoe, even different mini vans, and this one was the one to buy. I test drove different models and ended up getting the SL, I got a great deal, 9k off sticker price. There is so much room, love the third row how it folds forward so you don't lose that cargo space unlike the odessey and sienna. love the push start, and its awesome to see my child push the button on the slide door and get right in, she gets the control for the dvd player and we are good to go, trust me, you want this car"

LOVE THIS VAN!!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Amazing power, unique body style"

Cons: "Needs more USB ports, Tailgate is heavy"

"We purchased our Quest on march 31, after extensive research. We felt the Odyssey was overpriced, and everybody and their cousin drove the Sienna. After my 1st test drive, I was in love. I was drawn to the unique body style- and the comfort of the interior. Having purchased a 2012 Sentra the previous year, we were familiar with the CVT transmission. My only "complaints" are A) the driver side door will shut by itself if I don't have it completely opened B)several more USB ports would be great C) the tailgate is a bit heavy- and I don't have power feature on it D)the seats can be a bit uncomfortable after 4 hours of driving. I have not once regretted our purchase -we've owned our new Quest for 3 months. I am getting 19_ mpg in the city, and 21-24 highway (driving through steep mountains in CA and AZ). As long as I don't take off too quickly from a complete stop, I am able to consistently get 19 mpg(have 3,050 miles right now). Through 6% mountain grades, the van doesnt even hestitate in the slightest amount. The power is amazing!! I would- and HAVE- recommend this van to a family that wants an amazing ride and a unique looking vehicle."

Extremely Satisfied

By on Saturday, July 07, 2012

Pros: "Interior, exterior, storage, smooth drive"

Cons: "No carrying bars on top of car"

"We had a 2010 Mazda5, which was perfect for a family of 4; however, once we had our third and final baby it became a little too crowded in there. We literally shopped at all the minivans and settled with the Quest. My wife and I only wanted a basic model minivan just to last until our oldest heads out to college in 5 years. The Quest's, by far, had the best value of any of the basic model minivans. The interior was to die for as none of the others had a faux wood trim inside along with leather sidewalls inside. It also has chrome door handles and chrome exterior trimming. That's something you find on most fully loaded packages. The drive is superb! For a 6 cylinder engine, it is very quiet and rides very smooth. The one thing I miss on the minivans that does not come stock anymore, are the carrying bars on top of the car."

Love my Quest

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Push to Start; keyless entry; dual moonroofs"

Cons: "Price is a little high but worth all the extras"

"We had a 2004 Quest and really enjoyed its unique look and found it to be very functional for our family of five. When it came time to replace it we did look around at all other minivan options. The Chrysler Town"

one of the best vans I have driven

By on Friday, April 06, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive; wonderul acceleration; no choking"

Cons: "Wish had an 8th seat, but i think I can manage"

"Great car like, crossover like, mini-van. I don't think we should call it a mini-van, as it is disgrace to the excellence it has during driving in any condition. Being suburban addict for more than 11 years, my wife decided to try QUEST, and there are no regrets. Until you sit inside and drive, you can't imagine how big the interior available room is. It feels like first class cabins of Singapore Airlines. Every person feels he/she is special. The aboslutely wonderful Nissan Engine power as usual will never disappoint or hesitate when you need power. It doesn't think like others; you demand and you got it; It is a NISSAN not Hon.... I thought we made a bad decision on room for cargo, but one trip to COSTCO, I realized I was wrong; the depth of trunk takes care of the width I lost. I can't imagine myself comparing it to a Suburban, yet giving me a feel of Maxima engine under my pedals. You will love it."

I loooove this car!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

Pros: "Quality, room, quiet, smooth ride, push start"

Cons: "NONE!"

"All my life I drove a sedan, but now since I've retired I wanted something practical for my new lifestyle. I didn't really want a pickup, but wanted a vehicle that I could load up with stuff for various reasons, yet have it under cover to protect against the elements. I looked at a lot of minyvans and suv's and the one I really fell in love with was the Nissan Quest! Why! (1.) It's big! Really,really BIG! A lot of room for passengers, the driver and a whole bunch of other stuff you want to carry. It's built on a frame for a suv, not a car frame, so it's higher off the ground.(Sort of like a pickup). (2.) All the seats fold flat including the front passenger seat, so you have a lot of space. (you don't have to remove the middle row seats. What a hassle!) And finally! (3.) It's a comfortable ride! The seats are big and plush, even the third row seats. The CVT transmission is smooth and flawless. The ride is quiet and the suspension smooth. And to top it off: You can see and feel the quality of the workmanship the the car. Oh! And did I mention the push button start. Cooool!!! I love this car!"

best minivan ever

By on Monday, August 15, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "great no complaints"

"comfortable reliable smooth drive and no mechanical problems nissan just can't be beat i would reccomend this to everyone who drives minivan's"

What a van

By on Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Pros: "Price, quality, features, space"

Cons: "No heated seats if you don't go for the leather interior."

"We went for the SL model which includes leather and heated seats: the finish is superb, it looks like some German luxury car inside. Very nice. The keyless operation is great, it is quiet and comfortable and has a huge trunk space behind the 3rd row. Driving position is excellent and all the passengers commented on how good the seats in 2nd and 3rd rows are. Love it. Also got a great deal on it."

Most comfortable seats of any car on the road

By on Sunday, February 22, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, quiet, roomy, great audio and smooth ride"

Cons: "Doors should unlock automatically when exiting car"

"I love this vehicle. It's large and roomy and exceptionally comfortable. Gets good mileage around town (20mpg) and about 23 on the highway. Exceptionally quiet, and I love the Bose audio system and Garmin navigation. Rear seats fold flat and are easy to put down/take up. Friends are stunned how comfortable even the back seats are. Can hold 4 guys and all golf clubs with ease!"

Luxury minivan something like a Infiniti or Lexus

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "Ride, luxurious, features, controls"

Cons: "gas mileage, minor wind noise,"

"We are a Nissan family I have been buying this product since 1994 now had nothing but great reliable vehicles from Nissan. I still own a Altima, Versa, Juke and now Quest purchased in Oct 2013 its the best in options and comfortable interior than ever. Ride is smooth, V6 engine makes the van an pleasant to drive love the styling of it. The controls are perfect along nice displays and navigation is at best on voice commands which is overall great on Quest SV might be top of the line looking but its a really great minivan for its money. I am happy with our 8th Nissan as is will maintenance them and planning drive until 200K miles before traded but think will keep the last ones we purchased few years ago and recently this one purchase couple months because its a great minivan ever."

Love thus van! It doesn't even compare to others!

By on Saturday, December 22, 2012

Pros: "Size, luxury feel, attention to details, cost"

Cons: "Big! Visibility in back windows"

"I bought this vehicle a few weeks ago and I have been extremely impressed! We test drove the oddessey and being "bigger" people, I found that the oddessey's front passenger seat was very uncomfortable. We were looking fooff top of the line van because we were trying to watch cost. from test driving the Sienna and oddessey, we were discouraged. I had never really considered the quest, but thoughtid at least go check it out since I was so discouraged with the other two. Oh my gosh! Intrudes likes luxury car and looks classy! It's comfortable and has tons of room. Who cares that it doesn't have the hide away seats? The seats still fold totally flat and that's all that matters! I love this van and I'm a proud owner! Highly reccomend!"

very good

By on Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pros: "Overall great van, VERY luxurius."

Cons: "None really."

"had it now for over a year and 41k miles and still love it. We did 2 long road trips this summer (MN to FL and MN to WA) and really enjoyed the van. Lots of storage space, don't have to remove any seats to get a flat floor for loading and the turn radius is super tight. Gas mileage hovers around 22mpg overall. Had some rattle from the DVD screen that took the dealer 2 attempts to fix. The CV Transmission is excellent."

One of the Best Minivans Available this Year

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "excellent interior, stylish exterior, CVT system"

Cons: "pricey, no navigation system, lack of storage"

"I'm a Dad with 3 kids. For 8 years, I had to drive a 2005 Kia Sedona. There is no better vehicle for an active family than a minivan but as a guy, I really hated the fact that I was forced to drive one. For years, I had it in my mind that the next automobile I would drive would be an SUV. In January 2012, my Kia Sedona required more repairs than what it was worth. It was time to move on. I spent ample time shopping around for an SUV with third row seating; I couldn't find anything that would work for the way my family runs around town on a daily basis. So, it was back to shopping for minivans. I was not pleased. I took a serious look at the Volkswagen Routan, Honda Odyssey, and Toyota Sienna. For me, these all looked like "traditional" minivans. I was also not impressed with the interiors of the Routan"

It's not bad, but I'm not crazy about it

By on Saturday, September 07, 2013

Pros: "space, large passenger areas, good stereo system"

Cons: "road noise, lack of storage"

"It's not bad gas mileage or space for cost- plenty of easily accessible rooom- lots of conveniences inside- bluetooth, steering wheel controls for stereo and bluetooth, lots of airbags for safety- all and all not too shabby. However, the road noise in this van is pretty bad- and if you sit in the back seat during travel you can't hear conversation or the radio unless it's exceptionally loud. Also, when I compared to my friends vans we don't have as much storage space (like in the floor) as some other similar type vehicles. For me,it has been a great van, but ultimately I'm shopping for something a bit more like a crossover type vehicle and something that addresses the noise issue."

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, August 12, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive"

"nice comfortable affordable better then toyota and very reliable."

Do not buy a 2011 Nissan Quest

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Has nice storage features"

Cons: "Not well put together, major gas issues"

"We purchased this vehicle brand new in May 2011. After having the vehicle only a couple of months it would not start if it was parked on any kind of incline and had less than 1/4 tank of gas. The whole entire tank and fuel system was replaced. It took Nissan over 2 months to get the parts. Since having all of those parts replaced it still is not acting right. It will shutter and even completely turn off if it becomes low on gas. Since having all of these repairs done we have gotten the worst gas mileage. We have also had to have a wind kit installed after having a really loud whistle from the mirror. We choose the Nissan because it had some really neat features such as the way the seats folded in the back to allow additional storage underneath and be able to press a button to open the doors which was easy for the kids. But those features do not out weigh the number of times this vehicle has put my family in danger. I would not recommend this car to anyone."

This car is a dream to drive.

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive; good price."

Cons: "Needs auto tail gate opener/closer."

"I bought this car new in Jan 2012. This car seats 7 ADULTS comfortably. Lots of leg room in middle row of seats. Lots of head room in all rows of seating. Middle row of seats also recline. Mileage is 22 mph city and 24 hwy. Would like to have an electric lift tail gate but that is the only thing I've found that I would like to change. Very quiet and smooth driving. The back up camera is a need in this vehicle because it is hard to see around the back side of the car. Middle and back seats fold flat so you have a flat surface to put things on. I never wanted a van but I would buy another one of these vans in a heartbeat! I love this car!"

Eleven out of Ten

By on Friday, August 02, 2013

Pros: "Quality built, luxury interior, smooth powertrain"

Cons: "Lack of sun-shades in SL moder with DVD"

"If I could, I would give this van 11 out of 10. Why? You would too if you paid for a regular van and got an upscale model instead. Nissan made a mistake by not selling this van under their Infinity brand. This is the only luxury, high end van available on the market today. I find it very interesting that experts rank it the lowest(7.8) among the comparable competition, while the real, every day users rate the Quest highest at 9.2. Usually very happy or very unhappy users bother to write their opinions, that tells a lot. This is my 4th van. I buy them new and use for 5 years as a company executive vehicle. My first van was a domestic product, than I had Japanise - made in Canada/US vans. Disappointed with the diminishing quality of vans in the recent years, I was searching for a new product. Than in 2011 Nissan offered a totally redesigned, made in Japan Quest. I love the plush ride, very smooth reliable CVT transmission, best 260 HP engine on the market, and a very luxurios and comfortable interior. I love the ingenious "fold-down-flat" back seats for a spontaneous IKEA or garage-sale shopping, without a need to go home to remove the seats and return 200 km to load the furniture (happened to me). Under the floor storage is also huge. Observed gas mileage is pretty good 10L/100km (24MPG) highway and 11.8L/100km (20MPG)city for such a big van. So far, after 50,000 km (30,000 miles) I am extermally happy with this van."

Good ride, Value

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Ride"

Cons: "Lack of controls on steering wheel on S model"

"Bought new much less expensive than Honda or Toyota for same base model line. Very comfortable ride, good power from V6 and smooth transmission. 32,000 miles no problems. S model could use steering wheel controls if you are tall like me it's a reach for the media and ac controls. Plenty of storage with third seat down and under rear deck."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next