2011 Nissan Quest

Based on 51 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

This car is a dream to drive.

By on Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive; good price."

Cons: "Needs auto tail gate opener/closer."

"I bought this car new in Jan 2012. This car seats 7 ADULTS comfortably. Lots of leg room in middle row of seats. Lots of head room in all rows of seating. Middle row of seats also recline. Mileage is 22 mph city and 24 hwy. Would like to have an electric lift tail gate but that is the only thing I've found that I would like to change. Very quiet and smooth driving. The back up camera is a need in this vehicle because it is hard to see around the back side of the car. Middle and back seats fold flat so you have a flat surface to put things on. I never wanted a van but I would buy another one of these vans in a heartbeat! I love this car!"

LOVE THIS VAN!!

By on Thursday, June 27, 2013

Pros: "Amazing power, unique body style"

Cons: "Needs more USB ports, Tailgate is heavy"

"We purchased our Quest on march 31, after extensive research. We felt the Odyssey was overpriced, and everybody and their cousin drove the Sienna. After my 1st test drive, I was in love. I was drawn to the unique body style- and the comfort of the interior. Having purchased a 2012 Sentra the previous year, we were familiar with the CVT transmission. My only "complaints" are A) the driver side door will shut by itself if I don't have it completely opened B)several more USB ports would be great C) the tailgate is a bit heavy- and I don't have power feature on it D)the seats can be a bit uncomfortable after 4 hours of driving. I have not once regretted our purchase -we've owned our new Quest for 3 months. I am getting 19_ mpg in the city, and 21-24 highway (driving through steep mountains in CA and AZ). As long as I don't take off too quickly from a complete stop, I am able to consistently get 19 mpg(have 3,050 miles right now). Through 6% mountain grades, the van doesnt even hestitate in the slightest amount. The power is amazing!! I would- and HAVE- recommend this van to a family that wants an amazing ride and a unique looking vehicle."

Eleven out of Ten

By on Friday, August 2, 2013

Pros: "Quality built, luxury interior, smooth powertrain"

Cons: "Lack of sun-shades in SL moder with DVD"

"If I could, I would give this van 11 out of 10. Why? You would too if you paid for a regular van and got an upscale model instead. Nissan made a mistake by not selling this van under their Infinity brand. This is the only luxury, high end van available on the market today. I find it very interesting that experts rank it the lowest(7.8) among the comparable competition, while the real, every day users rate the Quest highest at 9.2. Usually very happy or very unhappy users bother to write their opinions, that tells a lot. This is my 4th van. I buy them new and use for 5 years as a company executive vehicle. My first van was a domestic product, than I had Japanise - made in Canada/US vans. Disappointed with the diminishing quality of vans in the recent years, I was searching for a new product. Than in 2011 Nissan offered a totally redesigned, made in Japan Quest. I love the plush ride, very smooth reliable CVT transmission, best 260 HP engine on the market, and a very luxurios and comfortable interior. I love the ingenious "fold-down-flat" back seats for a spontaneous IKEA or garage-sale shopping, without a need to go home to remove the seats and return 200 km to load the furniture (happened to me). Under the floor storage is also huge. Observed gas mileage is pretty good 10L/100km (24MPG) highway and 11.8L/100km (20MPG)city for such a big van. So far, after 50,000 km (30,000 miles) I am extermally happy with this van."

Good ride, Value

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "Price, Power, Ride"

Cons: "Lack of controls on steering wheel on S model"

"Bought new much less expensive than Honda or Toyota for same base model line. Very comfortable ride, good power from V6 and smooth transmission. 32,000 miles no problems. S model could use steering wheel controls if you are tall like me it's a reach for the media and ac controls. Plenty of storage with third seat down and under rear deck."

Fantastic Minivan!

By on Thursday, October 27, 2011

Pros: "Great handling, exterior style, push to start"

Cons: "Gas mileage is OK at 18.5, primarily city driving"

"We did extensive research prior to our 2011 minivan purchase. We narrowed our seaerch down to the Quest and the Odyssey. The entire family is thrilled with our decision to purchase the 2011 Nissan Quest SL. This car handles extremely well for a minivan and the ride is superb. The interior is so much nicer than any competing van with a true luxury look and feel. We Love the push to start/keyless operation as well as the one touch doors. We also really like the unique boxy, exterior styling. Great, great car."

Do not buy a 2011 Nissan Quest

By on Friday, January 27, 2012

Pros: "Has nice storage features"

Cons: "Not well put together, major gas issues"

"We purchased this vehicle brand new in May 2011. After having the vehicle only a couple of months it would not start if it was parked on any kind of incline and had less than 1/4 tank of gas. The whole entire tank and fuel system was replaced. It took Nissan over 2 months to get the parts. Since having all of those parts replaced it still is not acting right. It will shutter and even completely turn off if it becomes low on gas. Since having all of these repairs done we have gotten the worst gas mileage. We have also had to have a wind kit installed after having a really loud whistle from the mirror. We choose the Nissan because it had some really neat features such as the way the seats folded in the back to allow additional storage underneath and be able to press a button to open the doors which was easy for the kids. But those features do not out weigh the number of times this vehicle has put my family in danger. I would not recommend this car to anyone."

great family car vs suvs

By on Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride.comfy seats,build quality,unique"

"more room and better mileage than most 7 seater suvs"

better then toyota

By on Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"traded in 2011 sienna le v6. van was to big not good in snow nissan loks more sporty .love the fact dont have to use keys to drive it.love the fact its all from japan.shop around got mine for dealer invoice"

Love it!!!

By on Thursday, April 30, 2015

Pros: "Great price."

Cons: "Haven't found any yet."

"Love my van, really. Fits my boys and their friends and gear nicely. I'm a realtor, and my clients always comment how nice it is. The interior sold me the second I opened the door. It is very luxurious and I feel like I'm driving a sedan and not a minivan."

a pretty cool ride! simplicity and luxury.

By on Monday, October 6, 2014

Pros: "CVT with 3.5 engine, very sharp! and simplicity..."

Cons: "the shift knob should be relocated."

"an excellent choice, seats are easy to fold, dashboard and cluster are nice, colors are pretty, good ac for this desert, comfy, the third bench is convenient, rear ac is wonderful, suspension is good quality. you can feel nothing on the highway is so easy and the most important thing for me is the engine and transmission are very sharp! 3.5 with a CVT, no shifts and very safe, strong and soft..."

Excellent Car

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "The Best Van I've Ever. Had"

"Really great Car.. No words explain it... Just buy and drive, and let me know if I'm wrong."

Pleasantly Surprised

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

"Been researching for over 6 months now ... settled on Sienna, Sedona or GC - butI had multiple concerns: 1. Price - Sienna 2. Reliability - Sedona and GC Almost pulled the trigger. On a whim, visited a Nissan dealership. I was initially turned off by the comments about high price, 'limited space' and lack of 8 seats. 99% of the time - we only have 6 passengers ... so ultimately, this became a contender. The year end clearance was the clincher. I get a competitive price and RELIABILITY. 1. Smoooooth CVT transmission 2. Great combined mileage (22 currently but still improving) 3. Permanent roomy storage - since 3rd row folds forward. 4. Competitive total 3rd row storage - 36 cu. Feet 5. Great driving dynamics 6. Quiet - inside and out (used to my noisy MPV) 7. Comfortable 8. Nice trip computer in the base model Wish List: 1. More USB ports 2. More cubbie holes (like the 2 level glove box in the Sienna and GC) 3. Base model has no tint 4. Backup sensors should be standard"

Great value and nice drive.

By on Thursday, September 5, 2013

"Drives great and excellent in the snow. Comfy seats. Storage is limited. Wish it had more room behind the third row."

Feels Like an Infiniti / Luxury Car

By on Monday, September 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, Quiet, Plush, Smooth Transmission"

Cons: "Need USB ports!, Would prefer dials for the AC"

"We needed to replace our 10+ year old Mazda MPV. Reliability was #1 (wife is driving 90% of the time - with the kids), followed by comfort and price. My short list was the Sienna, Quest, Sedona and GV. Once I started researching about reliability, the Quest leapt from #3 to #1. I was leaning towards the Sedona and GV all throughout the last 6 months --- but the reliability factor kept me on the fence. The comfort (sooo quiet, plush seating) was another factor. Having driven a Mazda MPV, I was yearning for some peace and quiet without sacrificing the driving dynamics. This was where the Quest once again trumped the Sedona and GV. Somehow, driving the GV and Sedona just didn't feel solid (long term). The materials (fit and finish) didn't seem it would hold up in 10 years. Plus, the GV was very quiet but the materials made me doubt it would remain rattle free in 2-3 years. Lastly - was the price. This is where the Quest broke the tie with the Sienna. I got a very good price on the Quest that the Sienna simply could not go near to. Initially, an 8-seater was critical - but since 99% of the time, we only have 6 passengers, this made the Sienna and its price less appealing. As far as mileage, I am averaging 21 combined after 400 miles on the odometer. It is creeping up. As far as the CVT and driving dynamics - buttery smoooth! It does not have all the bells and whistles as the GV and Sedona --- (but certainly more than the Sienna) but has far better quality and reliability than the Sienna - at a very competitive price."

Not what I hoped it would be.

By on Sunday, July 5, 2015

Pros: "Roomy, quick"

Cons: "Some issues with paint and interior"

"I was excited when I bought my Nissan Quest and it does have a lot of room and has been a good reliable vehicle for family road trips. However, I have had to have the back lift gait painted twice because of rust around the window. I like the engine and the pick up...it is a quick mini van. The arm rest on drivers side has multiple cracks in it which started when the van was approx. 2 years old...this is being replaced per warranty. I have grey leather which looked great initially but has stained very easily and doesn't clean well even though I had leather protector put on the vehicle. The rear view windshield washer just trickles (it does not spray and that is how it is designed according to the dealership) on the window and doesn't clean the window very well. In the winter it is often difficult to see out of the back window."

BEST DRIVING MINIVAN ,AND EXCELLENT QUALITY

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "VERY RESPONSIVE"

Cons: "POWER DOORS SHOULD BE STANDARD"

"GREAT DEAL"

First Mini Van.

By on Sunday, May 27, 2012

Pros: "Power"

Cons: "Dark Interior"

"Was looking for another SUV with 3rd row seats. Saw this and was immediately attracted to its styling. Love the interior. Power is awesome - this was the main selling point."

Ride and mechanics good but noise unacceptable.

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "Unresponsive dealer reps as noise problems."

Cons: "Wind noise unacceptable."

"Interior space not used to full potential. Front center console is too small and interior space is not accessible from the top. In Mn with the snow the doors carry an unacceptable amount stuck to the bottom because the doors extends to the bottom of the carriage. When it freezes you have a problem. We have what I call an owl in the rear. I have had it in to the dealer they have replaced the front passenger door rubber, changed elephant ears outside mirrors and still the noise is there. It's and unacceptable amount of noise. I have had no luck trying to find/locate a factory rep. I have had a Voyager, Caravan, Sienna, and this Quest. The ride is very good but the problems make the ride unacceptable."

This was our first new Nissan.....

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "smooth, quiet, comfortable, push button start"

"and it is one of the nicest Vans we have ever owned (we have owned at least 2 dozen cars, vans, trucks, in our lifetime). We left the 2011 Honda Odyssey go simply because it was not nearly as nice as our older one (2004) The seats in the Quest are much more comfortable and the vision out of the van is much better. The Quest is very quiet, smooth riding, tons of power and my wife is in love with it. IF your considering a new van, do yourself a favor, drive the Quest. Your going to be totally surprised. REgards, Big Lew"

LEMON

By on Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pros: "Comfort"

Cons: "Mechanical Reliability"

"My wife and I've owned this van for 16 months. We've had nothing but issues with it! 1. It stalled it traffic for no reason twice 2. Idles rough 3. It jerks when coasting to a stop then giving it gas when the light changes. 4.Shifts hard 5. Idles up and down hard when sitting still. We'll never buy another Nissan. We've heard of other people with similar issues."

Transmission fails under stress

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "Very comfortable for passengers, great mileage"

Cons: "Loved it until the transmission slipped"

"Transmission completely shut down (disengaged) pulling a 2000 lb boat and trailer up a slippery ramp. Dealer could find nothing wrong - no codes. Buying a AWD Explorer!"

INCREDIBLE!!!

By on Thursday, September 1, 2011

I want this car

Pros: "smooth, comfortable, easy to drive, lots of space, excellent design!"

Cons: "pricey"

"Definitely on my prayer list! I just test drove the Nissan Quest LE van! I never thought I would even like it! I love it! My kids love it! For those who see this ... Please help me in praying for a miracle so I can own it. Thanks!"

i have had much better

By on Monday, January 31, 2011

"not to great but comfortable"

LOVE IT

By on Thursday, September 15, 2011

"I have 2004 and just love it! bought it new and will have a hard time to trade it in when the time comes."

Really Like It! Love the Room!

By on Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pros: "Space"

Cons: "Not enough plug-ins."

"So glad to have the space. Easy to drive. Nice look!"

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next