2009 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 362 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Great engine and handling. Poor quality interior.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Quick and paid for."

Cons: "Overall quality not great."

"Engine is great. Acceleration is great. Handles like a car. Better looking than most vans. Seats are comfortable and very roomy. Good cargo space. Lots of cupholders. Interior components are CHEAP and feel like they will snap off. (Some have) Power sliding door once got stuck and then fell off when I tried to force it closed. Eventually, just straightened the hinge and cut the cable for the motor. Now manual door: problem solved! Doors always freeze closed in winter even though I silicone the weather stripping. Power hatch works most of the time. Nissan has a propensity for attaching aluminum components to steel underneath, so have had lots of rotted aluminum clanking around underneath. Cheap steel oilpan rusted through. Lots to like and lots to dislike. Probably second and last Nissan."

I love this car. I bought it in 2006 and the only

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"repairs I have had on this car is the replacement of rotors and brakes. The car is nice to drive and very dependable. The only negative thing is the mileage I get with it. It gets 18mpg but it really has the get up and go especially on entrance ramps. I know I am going to have a hard time finding a replacement for this car."

Great for the busy family

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Powerful, easy to travel in."

Cons: "Fragile interior, plastic parts break easy."

"Bought the van at 45K and now almost 150K. It has been very reliable and to present it has always returned us home with out fail. Do not like the middle seat cup holder location. You end up sitting on the plastic holder every time you exit and after a couple of times it breaks off. Repairs have just been the normal tires, brakes, bulbs and batteries. Great Runner!"

Great car....

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Strong , roomy , comfortable , responsive...."

Cons: "Could use better materials for interior....."

"We own this car for 8 years. Did many trips around midwest and south .Drove it to FL ( 3 times) and Niagara Falls. Summer weekly trips to Indiana , Michigan or Wisconsin , from Chicago suburbs. So far i had to replace tires , brakes and oil of course. As I write this review my car is in the shop for general maintenance and some fixes.My Nissan has 113K on it , mostly driven by my wife. Never a major problem.I mean my car.....My mechanic just called and said that we need to change tires , front and rear brakes , transimssion fluid is getting brownish, A/C unit has to be refilled ,a control pannel replaced (short circuit on switches or something like that), need a wheel alligment ,new belts ,new schock absorbers ....Seems like a lot's of things , but after that many miles i think that's pretty fair amount of things to be replaced. And because i bought it brand new and i love this van , I am fixing all problems and gonna keep it for another 5 years.No car ( even those expensive ones) can go without a wear forever....Once more , great car ....."

Business and Family do mix

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "looks great, drives great, awesome for family trip"

Cons: "loud ride"

"I bought this car for business use as well as hauling my family of 5. I got the top of the line all the bells and whistles model. I felt comfortable driving around co-workers and colleagues as well as my family. The cons are it's a bit of a noisy ride and there are only two cupholders in the front of the car. I love the car -- it looks good, runs great, and has all the bells and whistles that keep mom and dad happy. I would do it all over again. We looked at the Odessey but for what we paid and what we got, the Nissan was a great choice!"

very good work horse for family of 4

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

"nice car"

BUY A HONDA ODYSSEY

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cons: "unreliable"

"We have the SE fully loaded Van. We bought it at 48K we are up to 90K and have owned it 4 yrs. We bought from dealership and purchased the full warranty, thank goodness! We've had all the motors in the doors, and sunroof replaced, DVD, Navigation, AC Hose, Tension idler pulley, Fuel pump/regulator, oil pan seal all replaced in our ownership. One of the sliding doors is still broken. Overall, the cost of repairs has been $6000, mostly all covered by the warranty. This van is a lemon. You cant even change all 6 spark plugs without having to take off the manifold because of the location of the engine. Run away from this van, unless you buy from me, please buy mine!"

Best Sports Van Ever

By on Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable"

"We have owned this van for 5 years now and have loved it the entire time. So far 138000 miles and no major problems at all. We bought it used and got very lucky at 65000 miles that we havent had any problems. We can drive this van with confidence every time we get in it. Kids love it and so does everyone that gets in it."

MONEY PIT!!!!!

By on Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pros: "Good looking minivan"

Cons: "too many to list"

"I have owned this car now for 3 years and have had nothing but trouble. It had 45000 miles when I bought it. Brakes, Tires, Rotors, CD Player, Leaking moon roof. Great looking van and very comfortable which is a good thing because you'll be sitting in it on the side of the road a lot! Can't get rid of it soon enough!"

Awesome Value for a Family Van

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Low price, reliable, powerfull, spacious, style"

Cons: "Front seats lack comfort, no custom parts"

"If you have a large family and even a couple of babies in large car seats it fits us all well. The front seats are not comfy but function well. Middle row seats are adjustable to allow more or less leg room. Back seat fits three adults fine and have cup holders and good amount of room. The back has tons of room for 5 peoples luggage. Power wise the van does great with its size and fully loaded it does well up high elevations too. These have the same 3.5L motor as the 350Z and it sounds good. Trans shifts smoothly and docile, not for racing at all but will spin the tires at a stop light with Traction Control Off. Not many custom items for van, few chrome do-dads, would benefit from a new exhaust to rid of the notorious Pinch in the pipe and the restrictive muffler. Use of the 91 Octane is only usefull on days above 90deg, heavy hauling, or going up-hill alot. Perfect van for a budget and reliable as any Nissan."

Really nice, very comfortable and has great torque

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power, comfortable, looks good too."

Cons: "its a minivan.... not cool."

"I was suprised to find I actually like driving this mini van. I am a muscle car guy and did not want to be seen in this. I was very impressed with the power and comfort. It has everything and plenty of room for my large frame. We took it on vacation and loved it. The ride quality is as good or better than my cadillac. You also have plenty of room to haul stuff as the back chairs fold down and the others move too. I had a full 12 foot ladder inside this van. wow it really is a great vehicle."

Best Van for the $$$$$

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "great value and the best LOOKING minivan EVER!"

Cons: "Brakes seemed like they were underpowered"

"This was my 2nd consecutive Nissan Quest, with the first being the middle of the line optioned version. This time we went with the leather/DVD/auto everything model and it has been a great vehicle from the start. Driving at reasonable highway speeds yields surprising MPG, I have averaged over 28 mpg on trips of 500 miles when the geography has been more or less level. When keeping up with traffic becomes a priority, I get more like 22-23 mpg. The ONLY thing I feel could have been more solidly built on this van would be the brakes. This one is a few hundred pounds heavier than the first model, and you can feel it in the brake pedal. I had to have the brakes done at 40K miles, which is a little early in my opinion. All the electronic/power options work like a charm, although the fancy sunroof panels were a waste as I keep them closed almost all the time, they contribute significantly to the solar hotbox effect in summer sun! The seats are not as soft or even as supportive as some other model vans, but I have never had any issues with leg fatigue or discomfort on the longest trips (I regularly drive the entire duration of all family trips, some in excess of 600 miles in a day). ALSO, and this is IMPORTANT...when you fold all the seats, you can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood in the van. I've had trucks that won't hold full sheets of plywood."

one of the best vehicles I've owned

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "Easy to drive, great highway and city."

"With very little maintenance I've put tons of miles hauling the family, pets and running a painting business it's been a rock of a car. And I love how it drives. and still drives and drives some more."

This vehicle at 134000 miles still runs like new

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Great van. This sporty looking van has always been reliable. Never had any major mechanicle problems. Has a lot of get up and go. Very roomy and comfortable to drive. I would recommend this van to anyone with lots of kids or just starting a family."

Fantastic

By on Sunday, April 01, 2012

"Our 2007 Quest has given us nothing but a fantastic driving experience. The steering is the tightest I have ever experienced out of any vehicle I have ever driven. Smooth and quiet ride. The seating is one of our favorite features, the two middle captains seats are not tiny little race car bucket seats, but feel more like lounge chairs that can fit an adult or those large car seats. Love it."

loved owning and driving the 2004 Nissan Quest

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Very mechanically sound. Never had any major work needed. Lots of bells and whistles. Power doors, video sytem. Coolest interior, red leather and red carpe, never looked dirty. Six years with 3 boys in sports. Great family mini van with so much room. Kids love this van. Cool dash board. Bought it 2 years used. Best vehicle ever owned for our family. Would buy another Quest or Nissan."

I like it!

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "roomy, lots of cupholders and storage nooks"

Cons: "can be expensive for parts and labor"

"Bought this van with 65000 from a dealer. Two days later the service light came on. Catalytic converter... Nissans warranty covered it, so we were ok!3 years and 70,00 more miles, it is surprisingly still pretty fuel efficient. sometimes getting around 25-28 on the hwy, and around 20 in town. We have mainained oil changes and the bare minimum maintenance routine. Love the roominess, neat dashboard, and deep well in back for storage or to lay the back seat down flat to haul stuff. It does seem to use a little oil now. My husband say its the valve seals...no big deal for him to fix. We have replaced the air conditioner condensor (by self), new from auto store it was around $500, luckily we found one at a junkyard for $50! It has been a pretty good vehicle."

7 Years, 2 Teen Agers, Good Van

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Survived 2 Teen Age Males, Lots of Long Road Trips"

Cons: "Needed New Engine at 112,000 miles, Timing Chain i"

"This Van has seen Cub Scouts, Little Knights. Several long rides up and down Cal. It has been to most of the Western States. Only now it is starting the wear / break. We did replace the engine at 110,000 miles."

Great Family Car -- More Roomy than Sienna

By on Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pros: "great MPG, great reliability, car-like handling"

Cons: "front seat upper back kinda firm"

Great Van

By on Friday, March 16, 2012

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "Minor electronic issues with the CD player"

"I had bought this nissan van brand new and have had it for over 7 years. There have been some minor issues with the cd player but has been a great van"

NOt what we expected

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "nice for travel"

Cons: "breaks too often"

"Car breaks down ever 3K miles. Everything falls apart as soon as you hit 75K miles. Cheap material inside, and terrible timing chain. Brakes wear quick, etc."

Great car for family vacations

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "spacious for tall teenagers in back seat"

Cons: "rattles and squeaks"

"great road car, comfortable, reliable, good ride but lots of squeaks and rattles have developed over the years"

AWESOME VAN!!

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

Pros: "nothing bad about it!!!"

Cons: "aren't any cons!"

"Nissan rocks, I love my Quest SE. Best ever had!!"

LEMON???

By on Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Pros: "Good price, good body style, interior has held up"

Cons: "Electrical, heat and a/c problems! LEMON!"

"We bought this van b/c it looked more trendy then the other make and models at the time. We liked it's sportiness and thought Nissan had a trusted name. It was also very reasonably priced. I wish we would have gone for the Toyota or the Honda!! From day one the side door rattled and so did the engine. Turns out years later we find out there had been a recall on part of the engine but we were never notified and couldn't get it fixed b/c the offer to do so had passed. We've had multiple oil leaks. Randomly driving down the road our interior lights (all of them) began flashing on and off, until they just quit working at all. We've taken our car in to several places and they can't seem to get them working again. Our tire gauge is busted. It will sound an alarm that tells us we have a flat tire even if we don't. The most recent weird problem is that only ONE a/c vent in the whole car cools. The rest of them blow out warm to cool air, at best. The check engine light has been going on and off for years. We've had diagnostic testing and no one can tell us what is wrong. the heater in the back part of the van no longer works either. We've had batteries repeatedly go out WAY too early."

MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A CAR PAYMENT

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Very Roomy"

Cons: "Always under repair, expensive parts"

"What a piece of junk. Had 2 ABS computers replaced under warranty and now I'm on the hook for the third. Had to put a timing belt in it last year. Repairs added up pretty quick. Nissan sold a lemon and they know it. Do not purchase. Whatever you do, run away from this car..."

See if you qualify for