2009 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 369 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Awesome Value for a Family Van

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Low price, reliable, powerfull, spacious, style"

Cons: "Front seats lack comfort, no custom parts"

"If you have a large family and even a couple of babies in large car seats it fits us all well. The front seats are not comfy but function well. Middle row seats are adjustable to allow more or less leg room. Back seat fits three adults fine and have cup holders and good amount of room. The back has tons of room for 5 peoples luggage. Power wise the van does great with its size and fully loaded it does well up high elevations too. These have the same 3.5L motor as the 350Z and it sounds good. Trans shifts smoothly and docile, not for racing at all but will spin the tires at a stop light with Traction Control Off. Not many custom items for van, few chrome do-dads, would benefit from a new exhaust to rid of the notorious Pinch in the pipe and the restrictive muffler. Use of the 91 Octane is only usefull on days above 90deg, heavy hauling, or going up-hill alot. Perfect van for a budget and reliable as any Nissan."

We'll probably buy another one

By on Thursday, May 29, 2008

"Just like a lot of consumers, I really wanted a mini-van, but most of them seemed way outside of my price range (typical mini-van consumers = families with small children = limited disposable income). I did a lot of research, and although the Toyota Sienna was my top choice, it was too expensive. The Nissan Quest was my second choice, and we happend to get a great deal... so, the great price coupled with the fantastic safety features, and we had a new family vehicle. We've had the van over 2 years and never had one problem. We've taken this on many trips across many states, and I still love it. The A/C works perfectly, the interior has held up to 2 rowdy toddlers. We took a 4 day road trip with 7 people, 12 suitcases and a large cooler, and we were comfortable the whole way! Even those in the very back. We will probably buy another Nissan Quest... Even if we have enough for that Toyota Sienna I wanted in the first place."

Love this van

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "style, comfortable"

Cons: "repairs seem a little early for the mileage"

"I love the way this van looks! Not to mention the room my teenage boys have in the 3rd row seat!!! I am not happy however, that I just replaced the catalytic converter at 98k. I haven't had many other issues but do worry at the mileage we are at now may be turning to a money pit."

I WILL NEVER BUY A NISSAN AGAIN!!!!

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pros: "When the car is actually running, its drives nice"

Cons: "See above. Bottom line is that I find this car to be unreliable."

"Bought the car used and put 30,000 miles on it. within that time, I've replaced 6 coil packs, two cam shaft sensors, the rear motor mount bolts broke off . . yes. . they broke off, EVAP system issues, doors not closing or working right, leaking roof, center dash works intermittenly, and also had to repair various fuses/bulbs, and the DVD player burned/went out. Goes through batteries super fast, I replace it almost every 12 months. Put simply, worst car I have ever purchased. Left us stranded up in the mountains on our camping trip."

Best Van for the $$$$$

By on Thursday, April 05, 2012

Pros: "great value and the best LOOKING minivan EVER!"

Cons: "Brakes seemed like they were underpowered"

"This was my 2nd consecutive Nissan Quest, with the first being the middle of the line optioned version. This time we went with the leather/DVD/auto everything model and it has been a great vehicle from the start. Driving at reasonable highway speeds yields surprising MPG, I have averaged over 28 mpg on trips of 500 miles when the geography has been more or less level. When keeping up with traffic becomes a priority, I get more like 22-23 mpg. The ONLY thing I feel could have been more solidly built on this van would be the brakes. This one is a few hundred pounds heavier than the first model, and you can feel it in the brake pedal. I had to have the brakes done at 40K miles, which is a little early in my opinion. All the electronic/power options work like a charm, although the fancy sunroof panels were a waste as I keep them closed almost all the time, they contribute significantly to the solar hotbox effect in summer sun! The seats are not as soft or even as supportive as some other model vans, but I have never had any issues with leg fatigue or discomfort on the longest trips (I regularly drive the entire duration of all family trips, some in excess of 600 miles in a day). ALSO, and this is IMPORTANT...when you fold all the seats, you can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood in the van. I've had trucks that won't hold full sheets of plywood."