2008 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 373 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Awesome Value for a Family Van

By on Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Pros: "Low price, reliable, powerfull, spacious, style"

Cons: "Front seats lack comfort, no custom parts"

"If you have a large family and even a couple of babies in large car seats it fits us all well. The front seats are not comfy but function well. Middle row seats are adjustable to allow more or less leg room. Back seat fits three adults fine and have cup holders and good amount of room. The back has tons of room for 5 peoples luggage. Power wise the van does great with its size and fully loaded it does well up high elevations too. These have the same 3.5L motor as the 350Z and it sounds good. Trans shifts smoothly and docile, not for racing at all but will spin the tires at a stop light with Traction Control Off. Not many custom items for van, few chrome do-dads, would benefit from a new exhaust to rid of the notorious Pinch in the pipe and the restrictive muffler. Use of the 91 Octane is only usefull on days above 90deg, heavy hauling, or going up-hill alot. Perfect van for a budget and reliable as any Nissan."

Best Van for the $$$$$

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "great value and the best LOOKING minivan EVER!"

Cons: "Brakes seemed like they were underpowered"

"This was my 2nd consecutive Nissan Quest, with the first being the middle of the line optioned version. This time we went with the leather/DVD/auto everything model and it has been a great vehicle from the start. Driving at reasonable highway speeds yields surprising MPG, I have averaged over 28 mpg on trips of 500 miles when the geography has been more or less level. When keeping up with traffic becomes a priority, I get more like 22-23 mpg. The ONLY thing I feel could have been more solidly built on this van would be the brakes. This one is a few hundred pounds heavier than the first model, and you can feel it in the brake pedal. I had to have the brakes done at 40K miles, which is a little early in my opinion. All the electronic/power options work like a charm, although the fancy sunroof panels were a waste as I keep them closed almost all the time, they contribute significantly to the solar hotbox effect in summer sun! The seats are not as soft or even as supportive as some other model vans, but I have never had any issues with leg fatigue or discomfort on the longest trips (I regularly drive the entire duration of all family trips, some in excess of 600 miles in a day). ALSO, and this is IMPORTANT...when you fold all the seats, you can fit 4x8 sheets of plywood in the van. I've had trucks that won't hold full sheets of plywood."

Love this van

By on Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pros: "style, comfortable"

Cons: "repairs seem a little early for the mileage"

"I love the way this van looks! Not to mention the room my teenage boys have in the 3rd row seat!!! I am not happy however, that I just replaced the catalytic converter at 98k. I haven't had many other issues but do worry at the mileage we are at now may be turning to a money pit."

I love this car. I bought it in 2006 and the only

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"repairs I have had on this car is the replacement of rotors and brakes. The car is nice to drive and very dependable. The only negative thing is the mileage I get with it. It gets 18mpg but it really has the get up and go especially on entrance ramps. I know I am going to have a hard time finding a replacement for this car."

Business and Family do mix

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "looks great, drives great, awesome for family trip"

Cons: "loud ride"

"I bought this car for business use as well as hauling my family of 5. I got the top of the line all the bells and whistles model. I felt comfortable driving around co-workers and colleagues as well as my family. The cons are it's a bit of a noisy ride and there are only two cupholders in the front of the car. I love the car -- it looks good, runs great, and has all the bells and whistles that keep mom and dad happy. I would do it all over again. We looked at the Odessey but for what we paid and what we got, the Nissan was a great choice!"

Nice mini-van

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Great seats and ride comfort."

Cons: "Verry poor milage."

"Bought a 2008 Quest with 30,000 milesa on it. Got a fair price. I really like the seats in this vehicle but, find that the drivers seat does not exted far enough back for my 6 foot tall legs. It would be nice if the seat bottom would rise up more; it would help to support my legs. I get no where near the claimed milage. On a 1700 mile trip I averaged 19.8 miles per gallon. Around town (for me it would be considered mixed driving) I average 13-14 mpg. Previous vehicle was a Ford Taurus. The Taurus averaged 23-24mpg around town and 27-29 mpg on the road. My wife loves the quest. It is a very comfortable vehicle to ride in. Everyone that rides in the back is amazed at the ride quality and seats. The power doors are a nice addition."

A swiss army knife on wheels with style

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Feature laden, hauls lots of stuff."

Cons: "Mechanical reliability & build less than stellar."

"I am a car guy and resisted getting a minivan until my kids made me. That said, I have owned many vehicles and this one stands out for its combination of comfort, convenience and usefulness. The styling of the interior was different and cool, with lots of glass in the roof and all day comfortable leather seats that, dare I say it, were designed to mimic a quality ladies handbag. The Bose stereo unit has had some issues but still sounds good and the DVD player, which was unusual at the time, still works great. A nifty appliance all in all."

Great engine and handling. Poor quality interior.

By on Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pros: "Quick and paid for."

Cons: "Overall quality not great."

"Engine is great. Acceleration is great. Handles like a car. Better looking than most vans. Seats are comfortable and very roomy. Good cargo space. Lots of cupholders. Interior components are CHEAP and feel like they will snap off. (Some have) Power sliding door once got stuck and then fell off when I tried to force it closed. Eventually, just straightened the hinge and cut the cable for the motor. Now manual door: problem solved! Doors always freeze closed in winter even though I silicone the weather stripping. Power hatch works most of the time. Nissan has a propensity for attaching aluminum components to steel underneath, so have had lots of rotted aluminum clanking around underneath. Cheap steel oilpan rusted through. Lots to like and lots to dislike. Probably second and last Nissan."

MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A CAR PAYMENT

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Very Roomy"

Cons: "Always under repair, expensive parts"

"What a piece of junk. Had 2 ABS computers replaced under warranty and now I'm on the hook for the third. Had to put a timing belt in it last year. Repairs added up pretty quick. Nissan sold a lemon and they know it. Do not purchase. Whatever you do, run away from this car..."

wonderful

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS VAN,I HAVE DRIVEN THIS VAN HALF A DOZEN TRIPS TO MEXICO, ALL I'VE PUT IN IT IS GAS. VERY ECONOMIC, THIS IS THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE OWNED SO FAR. HONDA, TOYOTA ARE NO MATCH FOR THE QUEST. IT'S BEEN MY BEST INVESTMENT SO FAR, VAN WISE... MY KIDS LOVE IT!!!"

Major problems after 60,000

By on Friday, October 16, 2009

"Great van for four years but now, problems- bought new at end of 2003. Lots of recalls in early years but handled by dealer so no out of pocket costs. Now that car is out of warranty, having major issues. LIke other reviewers, rattling in engine turned out to be rusted heat shield, not timing chain; then oxygen sensor went bad; car computer failed and was replaced; now oxygen sensor is still showing faulty. My mechanic is having a stroke over this car. Recommends selling since more major repairs are likely to happen in future. Very disappointed - breaks my heart to get rid of this van. If only engine matched ride and features."

Best in class

By on Monday, August 6, 2007

"It's the mini-van for people who hate mini-vans. That's me and it might be you. The styling is exceptional, of course and separates the Quest from other boxy competitors. The 3.5 liter, 240BHP engine is always eager and smooth through the gears. I' d like for the seats to have a little more thigh support but the configuration and room inside the cabin does allow for easy back-and-forth motion, reclining to one's tastes and an easy to find comfort position to ride or drive. The room inside the Quest is notable as are the ease of entry and exit thanks to the wide track opening of the sliding doors. Mileage for a 4000lb van is exceptional in my view. I've averaged around 21mpg in mixed driving which has exceeded my expectations. The Quest is an excellent vehicle for all the reasons one buys any vehicle and it might be the one you want if you're the type, like me, that doesn't like to follow the beaten path. A slight annoyance that I'm attempting to remedy is the fact that my van did not come with factory installed XM satellite radio. It's configured for that capability but has resulted in some frustrating forays into the after market in attempting to find all the hardware: Unit, harness, cables and antenna. I'm closer to getting all that done and properly installed but it is a task to find anyone with the proper configuration to make this a factory installed reality. If you want satellite radio, it's best to buy one with it already installed, obviously. The cost of getting the hardware is around $300 and most dealers then want an additional $300-400 to install, so be advised if you're thinking of adding it later."

Really nice, very comfortable and has great torque

By on Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power, comfortable, looks good too."

Cons: "its a minivan.... not cool."

"I was suprised to find I actually like driving this mini van. I am a muscle car guy and did not want to be seen in this. I was very impressed with the power and comfort. It has everything and plenty of room for my large frame. We took it on vacation and loved it. The ride quality is as good or better than my cadillac. You also have plenty of room to haul stuff as the back chairs fold down and the others move too. I had a full 12 foot ladder inside this van. wow it really is a great vehicle."

Our first minivan - now we want another!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Nice ride, good features"

Cons: "3rd row head rests, some faulty trim"

"We were hesitant about buying a minivan at first, but with two kids and a hobby of travelling, it made the most sense. We love the Quest. We got a lot of features for the price - back-up camera, automatic sliding doors and rear hatch, skylights all throughout, very roomy, decent gas mileage. One big reason for not rating it 5/5 for all categories is the design of the rear head rests. When you want to fold the seat down you have to remove them manually and store them in a nylon bag provided by Nissan. While we didn't think it would be a big deal at first, it turned out to be a royal pain. I believe they have since redesigned this. Other than that we are happy. The only other issue has been some of the black rubber trim coming loose on the roof and near the sliding side door. We are now in the market for a new Quest!"

Great Family Van...Great for Traveling on vacation

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "DVD system, tow package and roof top racks"

Cons: "seats arent as comfortable as they could be"

"I bought this when I adopted my son...it is a wonderful van to have with kids. Very roomy and travels well with lots of cargo room."

Awesome!

By on Friday, October 7, 2011

Pros: "Wonderful for Family"

Cons: "Seats lack contour to the back."

"The only complaint was the seats are not the most comfortable. They should be more contoured to the body. Other than that...AWESOME!!! Would own another one if I still had small children to tote around! :-)"

2004 Quest - Less than thrilled

By on Wednesday, February 17, 2010

"Thank goodness I'm a mechanic! The car eats brakes and at 115,000, I've done a bunch of them. God help you if you ever need to change spark plugs. The build quality is sub-standard. Pieces randomly fall off, radio decides not to work on a regular basis, DVD got the idea to follow the radio and is also intermittent. Power sliding door needs help to close. LCD dash blinks out on occasion. It rides very low and scrapes on anything taller than 3 inches. The catalytic converter has a habit of snagging wayward plastic bags (dumb design) and stinking things up a bunch. I just wish it would catch one on fire and burn the van out of my misery. lol All that aside, it does move you well down the road (at 20 mpg) and is comfortable to drive. You could do better, but you could also do much worse."

A mixed bag!

By on Wednesday, December 9, 2009

"I have a 2006 Quest. I think it is the most comfortable, practical and roomy van on the market. Great for long trips and never broke down on me. BUT it is not well built and is expensive to maintain. Tires cost a fortune, small plastic parts from my air vents broke, expensive belts have worn out already, plastic retainer pins have popped off and the worse was a tapping noise I was getting. The noise is from a door the allows hot or cold air. The motor that controls this small door is part of a larger unit and are sold as a unit. The whole thing has to be replaced. Total repair is $1900 -- until it is repaired my van is stuck in the heat position."

Outstanding Minivan

By on Monday, January 5, 2009

"We have owned this vehicle for 5 years and have 75,000 miles on it. Nissan did this vehicle right. Pro *Plenty of Interior Room for 7 people *18 MPG Town and 25+ Hwy MPG *Plenty of power. Mustang GT's beware! *Ease of entry and Exit *Comfortable Seating *Great A/C even in Texas *No major maintenance cost so far. Just Gas/Tires/Oil/Battery/Brakes *Plenty of safety features This vehicle works as good today as it did when new! Con -Goodyear makes only exact fit tire. You'll have to go + to get any options - Brakes wear a little sooner than expected 20-25K miles between pads. Rotors replaced at 60K miles. - This van is BIG. Parking takes practice. - Sheet metal is a little flimsy. Dents easily. Both of us love this vehicle and we plan on keeping it another 5 years. We love the center gage stack. I wish more automakers put all the gages in the middle. You never have the tach, speedo or anything else covered up by the steering wheel."

i would buy another one for sure

By on Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"I absolutely LOVE my Quest! We currently have 30K miles on our 2007 QuestS and have had NO problems worth complaining about. We cart around two kids and often an elderly grandma & grandpa who find the middle seats to be very accomodating. We have also used this van for moving *all* of our stuff to a new condo. When we take our friends for a drive, the first comments they make are about how nice and roomy and comfortable the van is - even for tall people. We have taken it on several overnight trips and even slept in it on one occasion and found it to be comfortable riding in and do-able sleeping in. It gets GREAT mileage as is (17-25) but when we turned off the traction control our average around town driving went from 17mpg to 20. On trips, we don't get less than 25mpg and around 30 with TCS off. We have NEVER had a problem with the power doors/hatch thus far and think that it's reliability was worth every penny. Before we bought it, we were comparing it to the Odyssey, but we found both models to be very similar with similar long -term issues (mostly cosmetic things) and decided to go with the one with the cheaper price tag. We bought ours in June and were able to get a new one for used car price. Even though we got a great deal, next time we'll wait until the end of the year to get the BEST prices with lowest financing."

Great for the busy family

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Powerful, easy to travel in."

Cons: "Fragile interior, plastic parts break easy."

"Bought the van at 45K and now almost 150K. It has been very reliable and to present it has always returned us home with out fail. Do not like the middle seat cup holder location. You end up sitting on the plastic holder every time you exit and after a couple of times it breaks off. Repairs have just been the normal tires, brakes, bulbs and batteries. Great Runner!"

loved owning and driving the 2004 Nissan Quest

By on Monday, March 26, 2012

"Very mechanically sound. Never had any major work needed. Lots of bells and whistles. Power doors, video sytem. Coolest interior, red leather and red carpe, never looked dirty. Six years with 3 boys in sports. Great family mini van with so much room. Kids love this van. Cool dash board. Bought it 2 years used. Best vehicle ever owned for our family. Would buy another Quest or Nissan."

Reliable, Convenient, Comfortable

By on Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pros: "Versatile, reliable, comfortable and handles great"

Cons: "Driver's leg room isn't particularly generous"

"This has been the perfect car for me. I have seven grandchildren that I often take places. I also need to haul items between two homes. The cargo room and fold-down seats were a real selling point. This grandmother is too old to be taking seats in and out of a van. I very much like the backup sonar. It's saved me several times. I also like all of the safety features like the side air bags since I frequently have grandchildren in the van. My van has been completely reliable. My only real repair has been to replace the CD player twice - once in warranty and once later. It is comfortable and handles beautifully. My son couldn't keep up with me coming over the Rockies last summer because his Toyota van didn't corner as well. My only small complaint is that it needs more cup holders in the front. It also might not be comfortable for a really tall driver."

XXXXXcelent

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "A lot of Pross"

Cons: "7 passangers not 8"

"I bought this van without even test drove it, i just liked the way it looks, so far so good no major problems just regular maintenace batterie, tires and brakes other than that no major issues, this baby doesn't care if it't going up hill, down hill, empty ot loaded it just keep on going. Good on gas 2"

great space and power, cheap plastic interior

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "sporty, spacious , powerful engine"

Cons: "poor materials ( plastic ) doors, consol"

"what I love about this vehicle is it has plenty of room for all my kids, but it has a sleek design that is a break away from the "soccer mom" mini van. The V6 has great power and I have decent miliage avg. 21 MPG. That being said, I have found that the biggest flaw is in the materials used on the interior, after just a couple of years of owning it the center consol has bubbled and is peeling, the top compartment wont close, several sections on the interior door keep popping off...I believe they may have remedied this in the newer models."