2008 Nissan Quest

7.4

Based on 356 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Not your typical van

By on Friday, March 28, 2014

Pros: "sleek, easy to drive, love the back-up sensors"

Cons: "2nd row passenger windows don't open"

"Few things to note: Buy direct from a Nissan dealership. If there are issues with the vehicle, Nissan employees are able to troubleshoot them best. We had a few issues where we could get the issue fixed at the dealership we bought it from, but had to bring it to Nissan for calibration. Not crazy about the orange display, but it's Nissan standard If you have power sliding doors, they will freeze in the winter. However, I still recommend paying the extra for the power doors- very convenient. Love the sunroof and the glass panels throughout the back. There are a lot of great features. When the car is in reverse, your side mirrors change position, back up sensors (should be a must in all vehicles), tinted rear view mirror, power 3rd row windows...etc... Overall, we like the van. We've had it for 6 years and plan to keep it until it's end of life."

Best van on the road

By on Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Pros: "size"

"Great van for the family"

Very accommodating for many uses.

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Works well for any 'project'"

Cons: "Suggest: console for 2nd row captains' chairs"

"Vehicle was purchased to mainly accommodate my Mother's wheelchair, walker, canes, etc. Since her death, the vehicle has been very useful for transferring plants, soil, gravel, etc., for yard use; and, suitcases and/or coolers, etc., when traveling. I now find that I no longer have the need to have such a large vehicle and will be 'down sizing' vehicle size soon."

Great Value and Like New!

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pros: "Lots of power, clean and in very good condition"

Cons: "Cup holder rear right seat is broken"

"Loaded and a great family car. Leather heated dual front seats, rear captain seats, 6 Disc Bose CD changer, DVD, remote audio and visual, air front and rear, rear audio control, privacy glass, side and rear automatic doors. Single owner, 73,000 miles, no accidents, has lots pep! Must see to appreciate value!"

Has been a workhorse; huge cargo area, reliable

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, huge cargo area"

Cons: "Noisy, hard to find good service, parts"

"Vehicle has been a workhorse. Reliable. Huge cargo area. OK comfort on long trips, a bit noisy (it IS a big box). Odd-size tires replaced with slightly different standard size. Interior has held up well. Repairs: Failed fuel pump at 140K was the only major repair due to failure. Had difficulty getting good service on front end after deer strike. Parts now becoming scarce. Center console took some adjustment, but works ok. Control panel too complicated, need to look for buttons, even after 9 years of ownership. Really stupid mirror control switch location (by left knee, still in use on my 2013 Nissan NV 2500 work van)."

A swiss army knife on wheels with style

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Feature laden, hauls lots of stuff."

Cons: "Mechanical reliability & build less than stellar."

"I am a car guy and resisted getting a minivan until my kids made me. That said, I have owned many vehicles and this one stands out for its combination of comfort, convenience and usefulness. The styling of the interior was different and cool, with lots of glass in the roof and all day comfortable leather seats that, dare I say it, were designed to mimic a quality ladies handbag. The Bose stereo unit has had some issues but still sounds good and the DVD player, which was unusual at the time, still works great. A nifty appliance all in all."

How can you not like this car?

By on Friday, January 31, 2014

Pros: "Most practicle car I ever owned."

Ready to go!

"I inherited this car from my wife who didn't want to have the "soccer mom" image anymore and switched to a crossover. I sold my '86 Chevy step-side and glad I did. I don't know what I'd do without this van. It has towing package so I can haul "stuff". I have an adapter for the hitch that allows me to put my kyak on board too. On recent trip in south I visited a lot of cival war sites. With the back seats down I camped in comfort. When I go to Home Depot or Lowes guy's with trucks stare at me as I load a 4x8 sheet of plywood and 10' 2x6's and can still close the tailgate. And one more thing, it's a great tailgate machine at football games."

Ready to go!

Disappointed in my quest

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "It is a pretty van"

Cons: "Only 57,000 miles and not holding up"

"As a previous owner of a Windstar, I have been disappointed with the Nissan. I don't feel that the service has been great as with the Ford. Nickel and dime me for items which were covered on my other vans. Rear sensors only worked for 4 years. Backup camera is awesome. Rear wiper arm has to be replaced at Nissan instead of replacing on own - gets really expensive. Cup holders on captain's chairs have broken off - very inconvenient place - you hit them every time you get out. When I took it in during the first year, I was told that I had to replace the whole seat (no coverage). Looking at other used Quests with the same cup holders, they are broken off too! I think it was a design flaw. Our 98 Olds mini van still has working cup holders! In the age of electronics, the location of the outlets to charge phones is not convenient for a family. Visor mirror broke off - really, I have never had that happen in any car that we have owned. At 57,000 miles, the low tire pressure light keeps coming on. At $75 each to fix, it is becoming a money pit to fix. For a van that has been kept in the garage and used as the back up vehicle, I don't think it has been a good purchase. In 6 years, we don't have that many miles to have so many little things going wrong with it. When we purchased it, the dealer promised us only minor repairs and then when we got to 90,000, it would start to need more. I don't think that I will make it to 90,000!"

Best Family wagon...Wife's dream ride.

By on Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Pros: "Great value....holds value."

Cons: "NONE!"

"We bought used the SE version FULLY loaded...and we will drive the wheels off of it. We've been driving it for 5 years now and even compared to current NEW models, we want to stay with this van. The style and comfort are perfect for 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 dogs. Recently drove from Omaha, NE to Florida completely maxed out with luggage and kids, and it performed flawlessly. Japanese engineering at its absolute finest."

Great minivan!

By on Saturday, December 28, 2013

Pros: "Very reliable, economical, and great quality."

Cons: "Front seats are very comfortable."

"I have owned and driven this van for 9 years. It has been very reliable, and still runs like new after 157K miles. Interior and exterior have held up very well. Fuel economy is great as we average 21.7 running around town and 25 on the highway. Front seats are a little uncomfortable as the ergonomics aren't very good. The only minor issue we keep having is with the automatic window close mechanism as it runs the window to the top and then it drops back down several inches. We have had this fixed twice but the issue keeps coming back. Overall it is a great van and has required only the routine maintenance. It has held up much better than the Dodge Grand Caravan. This model year Quest has plenty of room inside. We do a lot of cycling so when the bikes come they sit up in the back with the front wheels removed. I don't think you can do this with the new Quest as there is not enough head room. Very great van and it will keep me going back to Nissan for the my next vehicle."

It is a better car among 13-4 cars I have had.

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "great price"

Cons: "dashboard storage cover broken; do not know how?"

"If I am going to buy another minivan, I'll buy a Nissan Quest again."

Good but not GREAT

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

"Loved this car for the first 4 years. Then, everything started breaking down...ie. electric sensors, dvd player, etc. With only 35,000 miles on a 5+ year old car, I am disappointed with the quality. My Nissan Murano never let me down."

fairly nice automobile

By on Wednesday, September 18, 2013

I don't own this car

"need transmission checked for possible fluid change- shifting roughly"

Great, Reliable, "Sports Van"

By on Tuesday, September 10, 2013

"Great van. I want to get something newer but this van has been so reliable that I don't want to take the chance of buying something else and it not be as reliable and good as this van has been for my family. We have owned it for 6 years and plan on continuing to own it for a long time. Just recently had to start some repairs like new spark plugs and some hoses. First repairs since we have bought it. These are normal wear and tear items. No major repairs."

Love this van

By on Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Pros: "style, comfortable"

Cons: "repairs seem a little early for the mileage"

"I love the way this van looks! Not to mention the room my teenage boys have in the 3rd row seat!!! I am not happy however, that I just replaced the catalytic converter at 98k. I haven't had many other issues but do worry at the mileage we are at now may be turning to a money pit."

Never buy a Nissan again

By on Sunday, August 25, 2013

Pros: "Carries a lot of stuff"

Cons: "High maintenance"

"Trans went out at 94k miles. New battery every two years. More problems stalling out in traffic."

Family bus

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Room, convience package, power"

Cons: "none yet"

"We bought our 2005 Quest SE with 55,000 miles on it and now have 97,000. My wife loves it and says she'll keep it until it falls apart. We have been all over the East coast with it as well as down south and never had a hiccup. The dual DVD player has come in handy on those long trips with the kids. We have always maintained this van using Mobile 1 synthetic oil (which i swear by) and our fuel mileage is better than listed above. There have been a few small quirks~fuel gauge and odometer screen goes out, rattling from cat converter which should be replaced here soon. Plenty of room for long hauls with fold down seats, almost as much as my F250. The 3.5 litre engine provides plenty of power when needed."

STAY AWAY, BUY AMERICAN

By on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Pros: "Piece of junk"

Cons: "should have bought American"

"When I was looking at buying a minivan I looked at a lot of reviews. The quest seemed to be a decent buy for the money. What a mistake. This vehicle is awful in the winter. The traction control is terrible. Why would anyone want to slow down going up a hill with snow on it. I always ended up turning the t/c off when driving in snow. Every time the tires would think about spinning the front end would shake up and down like your driving over the rumble strips that would rattle your teeth. Hate to do any repairs to the thing because everything cost an arm and a leg. Like everyone else the sliding door doesn't seal tight. Every morning I would have to go outside to open the doors for my wife because they froze shut overnight. I felt like I was going to break the doors. The worst thing about nissan that I found out from my mechanic is that they don't use gaskets in their motors. They use silicone for their gaskets. Iver time the silicone breaks down and it starts to leak oil. The only way to fix the leak is to tear the parts off the motor and put on the stuff that didn't work before. it cost about $2000 to do this. Don't ever buy a nissan."

Total LEMON!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Cons: "MONEY PIT!"

"My family and I actually loved this car at first. Total comfort/luxury is what we thought. Smooth ride great handling, but then it all came to an end. The front motor mount kept breaking and you would think that the dealer would have said something after changing it, 3 times, but no. Then the transmission failed just before the warranty expired, thank goodness, they replaced it. Then just after 1 year later the replaced transmission failed, but of course the 1 year warranty for the replaced transmission had expired as well, along with a new loud clanking timing chain sound. The dealer service writer said the timing chain was commonly replaced with these cars at 120,000 miles. Now the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. What a mess! Approx $10,000.00 in repairs later (tires, brakes, tune ups, included),enough is enough. LEMON"

Great engine and handling. Poor quality interior.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Quick and paid for."

Cons: "Overall quality not great."

"Engine is great. Acceleration is great. Handles like a car. Better looking than most vans. Seats are comfortable and very roomy. Good cargo space. Lots of cupholders. Interior components are CHEAP and feel like they will snap off. (Some have) Power sliding door once got stuck and then fell off when I tried to force it closed. Eventually, just straightened the hinge and cut the cable for the motor. Now manual door: problem solved! Doors always freeze closed in winter even though I silicone the weather stripping. Power hatch works most of the time. Nissan has a propensity for attaching aluminum components to steel underneath, so have had lots of rotted aluminum clanking around underneath. Cheap steel oilpan rusted through. Lots to like and lots to dislike. Probably second and last Nissan."

I love this car. I bought it in 2006 and the only

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

"repairs I have had on this car is the replacement of rotors and brakes. The car is nice to drive and very dependable. The only negative thing is the mileage I get with it. It gets 18mpg but it really has the get up and go especially on entrance ramps. I know I am going to have a hard time finding a replacement for this car."

Great for the busy family

By on Monday, February 11, 2013

Pros: "Fast, Powerful, easy to travel in."

Cons: "Fragile interior, plastic parts break easy."

"Bought the van at 45K and now almost 150K. It has been very reliable and to present it has always returned us home with out fail. Do not like the middle seat cup holder location. You end up sitting on the plastic holder every time you exit and after a couple of times it breaks off. Repairs have just been the normal tires, brakes, bulbs and batteries. Great Runner!"

Great car....

By on Saturday, September 29, 2012

Pros: "Strong , roomy , comfortable , responsive...."

Cons: "Could use better materials for interior....."

"We own this car for 8 years. Did many trips around midwest and south .Drove it to FL ( 3 times) and Niagara Falls. Summer weekly trips to Indiana , Michigan or Wisconsin , from Chicago suburbs. So far i had to replace tires , brakes and oil of course. As I write this review my car is in the shop for general maintenance and some fixes.My Nissan has 113K on it , mostly driven by my wife. Never a major problem.I mean my car.....My mechanic just called and said that we need to change tires , front and rear brakes , transimssion fluid is getting brownish, A/C unit has to be refilled ,a control pannel replaced (short circuit on switches or something like that), need a wheel alligment ,new belts ,new schock absorbers ....Seems like a lot's of things , but after that many miles i think that's pretty fair amount of things to be replaced. And because i bought it brand new and i love this van , I am fixing all problems and gonna keep it for another 5 years.No car ( even those expensive ones) can go without a wear forever....Once more , great car ....."

Business and Family do mix

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "looks great, drives great, awesome for family trip"

Cons: "loud ride"

"I bought this car for business use as well as hauling my family of 5. I got the top of the line all the bells and whistles model. I felt comfortable driving around co-workers and colleagues as well as my family. The cons are it's a bit of a noisy ride and there are only two cupholders in the front of the car. I love the car -- it looks good, runs great, and has all the bells and whistles that keep mom and dad happy. I would do it all over again. We looked at the Odessey but for what we paid and what we got, the Nissan was a great choice!"

very good work horse for family of 4