2007 Nissan Quest

7.5

Based on 370 Ratings for the 2004 - 2009 models.

7.6/10

Nice mini-van

By on Sunday, July 24, 2011

Pros: "Great seats and ride comfort."

Cons: "Verry poor milage."

"Bought a 2008 Quest with 30,000 milesa on it. Got a fair price. I really like the seats in this vehicle but, find that the drivers seat does not exted far enough back for my 6 foot tall legs. It would be nice if the seat bottom would rise up more; it would help to support my legs. I get no where near the claimed milage. On a 1700 mile trip I averaged 19.8 miles per gallon. Around town (for me it would be considered mixed driving) I average 13-14 mpg. Previous vehicle was a Ford Taurus. The Taurus averaged 23-24mpg around town and 27-29 mpg on the road. My wife loves the quest. It is a very comfortable vehicle to ride in. Everyone that rides in the back is amazed at the ride quality and seats. The power doors are a nice addition."

wonderful

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH THIS VAN,I HAVE DRIVEN THIS VAN HALF A DOZEN TRIPS TO MEXICO, ALL I'VE PUT IN IT IS GAS. VERY ECONOMIC, THIS IS THE BEST VEHICLE I'VE OWNED SO FAR. HONDA, TOYOTA ARE NO MATCH FOR THE QUEST. IT'S BEEN MY BEST INVESTMENT SO FAR, VAN WISE... MY KIDS LOVE IT!!!"

Worst Car EVER

By on Saturday, December 29, 2007

"This absolutely the worst car ever. From day one it was a nightmare. Interior parts fell off and hit you in the head. The computer had to be replaced 4 times. Windows and doors would open by themselves randomly. Would return to van and the windows and door would be open. Would lock and unlockon on its own. Nissan denied the random window opening until I got a video of it going all polterguist. Tires had to be replaced at 15,000. Front and rear brakes had to be replaced twice in 30,000 miles. I am not heavy on the brakes have never had an issue with a previous car. Lots of electrical problems too and strange rattles. Spent 58 days in the shop in one year. Lost money getting rid of it but thrilled to be done with my Nissan nightmare!"

Best in class

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"It's the mini-van for people who hate mini-vans. That's me and it might be you. The styling is exceptional, of course and separates the Quest from other boxy competitors. The 3.5 liter, 240BHP engine is always eager and smooth through the gears. I' d like for the seats to have a little more thigh support but the configuration and room inside the cabin does allow for easy back-and-forth motion, reclining to one's tastes and an easy to find comfort position to ride or drive. The room inside the Quest is notable as are the ease of entry and exit thanks to the wide track opening of the sliding doors. Mileage for a 4000lb van is exceptional in my view. I've averaged around 21mpg in mixed driving which has exceeded my expectations. The Quest is an excellent vehicle for all the reasons one buys any vehicle and it might be the one you want if you're the type, like me, that doesn't like to follow the beaten path. A slight annoyance that I'm attempting to remedy is the fact that my van did not come with factory installed XM satellite radio. It's configured for that capability but has resulted in some frustrating forays into the after market in attempting to find all the hardware: Unit, harness, cables and antenna. I'm closer to getting all that done and properly installed but it is a task to find anyone with the proper configuration to make this a factory installed reality. If you want satellite radio, it's best to buy one with it already installed, obviously. The cost of getting the hardware is around $300 and most dealers then want an additional $300-400 to install, so be advised if you're thinking of adding it later."

Total LEMON!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Cons: "MONEY PIT!"

"My family and I actually loved this car at first. Total comfort/luxury is what we thought. Smooth ride great handling, but then it all came to an end. The front motor mount kept breaking and you would think that the dealer would have said something after changing it, 3 times, but no. Then the transmission failed just before the warranty expired, thank goodness, they replaced it. Then just after 1 year later the replaced transmission failed, but of course the 1 year warranty for the replaced transmission had expired as well, along with a new loud clanking timing chain sound. The dealer service writer said the timing chain was commonly replaced with these cars at 120,000 miles. Now the catalytic converter needs to be replaced. What a mess! Approx $10,000.00 in repairs later (tires, brakes, tune ups, included),enough is enough. LEMON"

Great engine and handling. Poor quality interior.

By on Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Pros: "Quick and paid for."

Cons: "Overall quality not great."

"Engine is great. Acceleration is great. Handles like a car. Better looking than most vans. Seats are comfortable and very roomy. Good cargo space. Lots of cupholders. Interior components are CHEAP and feel like they will snap off. (Some have) Power sliding door once got stuck and then fell off when I tried to force it closed. Eventually, just straightened the hinge and cut the cable for the motor. Now manual door: problem solved! Doors always freeze closed in winter even though I silicone the weather stripping. Power hatch works most of the time. Nissan has a propensity for attaching aluminum components to steel underneath, so have had lots of rotted aluminum clanking around underneath. Cheap steel oilpan rusted through. Lots to like and lots to dislike. Probably second and last Nissan."

Business and Family do mix

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "looks great, drives great, awesome for family trip"

Cons: "loud ride"

"I bought this car for business use as well as hauling my family of 5. I got the top of the line all the bells and whistles model. I felt comfortable driving around co-workers and colleagues as well as my family. The cons are it's a bit of a noisy ride and there are only two cupholders in the front of the car. I love the car -- it looks good, runs great, and has all the bells and whistles that keep mom and dad happy. I would do it all over again. We looked at the Odessey but for what we paid and what we got, the Nissan was a great choice!"

MIGHT AS WELL HAVE A CAR PAYMENT

By on Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Pros: "Very Roomy"

Cons: "Always under repair, expensive parts"

"What a piece of junk. Had 2 ABS computers replaced under warranty and now I'm on the hook for the third. Had to put a timing belt in it last year. Repairs added up pretty quick. Nissan sold a lemon and they know it. Do not purchase. Whatever you do, run away from this car..."

Our first minivan - now we want another!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Nice ride, good features"

Cons: "3rd row head rests, some faulty trim"

"We were hesitant about buying a minivan at first, but with two kids and a hobby of travelling, it made the most sense. We love the Quest. We got a lot of features for the price - back-up camera, automatic sliding doors and rear hatch, skylights all throughout, very roomy, decent gas mileage. One big reason for not rating it 5/5 for all categories is the design of the rear head rests. When you want to fold the seat down you have to remove them manually and store them in a nylon bag provided by Nissan. While we didn't think it would be a big deal at first, it turned out to be a royal pain. I believe they have since redesigned this. Other than that we are happy. The only other issue has been some of the black rubber trim coming loose on the roof and near the sliding side door. We are now in the market for a new Quest!"

Great Family Van...Great for Traveling on vacation

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pros: "DVD system, tow package and roof top racks"

Cons: "seats arent as comfortable as they could be"

"I bought this when I adopted my son...it is a wonderful van to have with kids. Very roomy and travels well with lots of cargo room."